PDA

View Full Version : Iranians look almost completely like Indians

Randommembr
12-13-2020, 05:10 AM
So a lot of posters seem to think Iranians look like South Asians(and Indians especially). Jattsychtin is an example and more.

I sent some people these videos.
https://m.youtube.com/c/KouroshNiknam/videos?disable_polymer=true&itct=CBMQ8JMBGAEiEwjl2IPipcrtAhWPjoIKHYeFAkA%3D
These people claimed that the ones in the videos are very South Asian looking. Are they? These people claim that Iranian Zoroastrians are much darker than their fellow Persian Muslims in the same regions.

They claim that Iranian Zoroastrians look closer to Indians than their fellow Persians.

Are they true? Zoroastrian Iranian people seem rather distinct to me and indistinguishable from other Iranians.

Some other posters said regardless of religion they look quite Indian.

So I'm Looking for more opinions.

Thambi
12-13-2020, 05:27 AM
i dont know anyone here that thinks indians and iranians look the same. Most people are aware that these two groups are very different.

Regarding that video, some have south asian like skin tone (could be the darker setting) but features wise look different overall. few of the men could pass though atypically in the indic region.

Randommembr
12-13-2020, 05:51 AM
i dont know anyone here that thinks indians and iranians look the same. Most people are aware that these two groups are very different.

Regarding that video, some have south asian like skin tone (could be the darker setting) but features wise look different overall. few of the men could pass though atypically in the indic region.

Trust me people have said this.

Which ones ? Almost all of them look very seperate from Indians and MANY Iranians have this skin tone.
Can you really tell someone like Qassim Soleimani or any Persian Muslim apart from them? It's surely impossible right? Their features SCREAM Persian to me. thin lips, dark eyes, largeish ears etc. However, certain users said that they look nothing like actual Persians. I STRONGLY disagree but looking for more opinions.

Fraisod
12-13-2020, 06:34 AM
I went through a short phase of believing this a few years ago -- it is true, to a certain extent, but based on a very limited group of people.
Some Iranians and a very small proportion of Indians.

Randommembr
12-13-2020, 07:06 AM
I went through a short phase of believing this a few years ago -- it is true, to a certain extent, bubased on a very limited group of people.
Some Iranians and a very small proportion of Indians.

What?what phase? Have you visited these places? Did gulf Arabs also look the same as Indians to you in your phase? What made you change your mind/view? The people in the video I linked certainly have different features right?

Cross race/similar race effect maybe for you?

As for the Indians who look alike, Pathans, Parsis, Iranis, Baluchis etc certainly can look alike but only because they are Irano-Afghan groups.
Were you viewing these groups or the average Indic Indian and Persian Iranian?

Altaylı
12-13-2020, 07:31 AM
Except tajiks
Tajiks look similar with Turkic people

Kyp
12-13-2020, 07:38 AM
Zoroastrians are darker as they are mostly from places like Kerman and Yazd in South Iran.

Thambi
12-13-2020, 07:52 AM
Trust me people have said this.

Which ones ? Almost all of them look very seperate from Indians and MANY Iranians have this skin tone.
Can you really tell someone like Qassim Soleimani or any Persian Muslim apart from them? It's surely impossible right? Their features SCREAM Persian to me. thin lips, dark eyes, largeish ears etc. However, certain users said that they look nothing like actual Persians. I STRONGLY disagree but looking for more opinions.

This guy
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UJj-_c5TrBI

The guy at 2.35
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9emcIf_W2SA

This guy reminds me of some rajasthanis
https://youtu.be/7kh8nc-4z7k

Centurion
12-13-2020, 08:19 AM
There seems to be an overlap of phenotype between Iranians and Indians. But I don't think any Iranian look like a Tamil, a Blangadeshi or a Malabarese. And many Iranians could not pass at all as Indian.

Fraisod
12-13-2020, 08:22 AM
What?what phase? Have you visited these places? Did gulf Arabs also look the same as Indians to you in your phase? What made you change your mind/view? The people in the video I linked certainly have different features right?

Cross race/similar race effect maybe for you?

As for the Indians who look alike, Pathans, Parsis, Iranis, Baluchis etc certainly can look alike but only because they are Irano-Afghan groups.
Were you viewing these groups or the average Indic Indian and Persian Iranian?

Have you read what I wrote? "A phase" -- I believed it might be true, but I changed my mind as to major significance; "a certain extent" (based on some broad similarities -- differences were significant too) - and involving only a small subset of people. How do you go from that to some idea that I'm talking about "the average Indic Indian"?

turbosat
12-13-2020, 10:03 AM
So a lot of posters seem to think Iranians look like South Asians(and Indians especially). Jattsychtin is an example and more.

https://m.youtube.com/c/KouroshNiknam/videos?disable_polymer=true&itct=CBMQ8JMBGAEiEwjl2IPipcrtAhWPjoIKHYeFAkA%3D
These people claimed that the ones in the videos are very South Asian looking. Are they? These people claim that Iranian Zoroastrians are much darker than their fellow Persian Muslims in the same regions.

They claim that Iranian Zoroastrians look closer to Indians than their fellow Persians.

Are they true? Zoroastrian Iranian people seem rather distinct to me and indistinguishable from other Iranians.

You are making up a lot of stuff. Nobody said these things.

On the other hand you posted quite a few times like:
"British said Parsi are white, white like Europeans, as white as us"
"Spanish said Parsi are whiter than us and whiter than Italians".
"Most everyday American folks considered Parsi as white"
etc etc

If most ordinary Americans thought Parsi were white, then why did the Parsi guy have to go to court to claim he is white?

oszkar07
12-13-2020, 10:23 AM

IMO if I am to compare Iranians to Arabs , I would say that some Iranians can look a bit similiar to some Indians much more than Arabs can look similiar to some Indians. But generally in my oppinion Persians/Iranians have their own look
distinct look from Arabs and Indians.

turbosat
12-13-2020, 10:24 AM
This guy

The guy at 2.35

The other guy in 2nd video with white hair also veers towards Indian looking. I have seen some Punjabi guys who look like him.

Demhat
12-13-2020, 01:57 PM

The Zoroastrians in the video are

A: very old
B: look quite normal Central Iranic type
C: those who do look admixed look more like they have Middle Eastern Arab admixture than Indian.

like this man for example. He looks Arab mixed almost pseudo Egyptian. Whoever says this looks Indian mixed have never seen Arabian features clue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJj-_c5TrBI

These Zoroastrians on the channel are quite old and brown but not a single of them shows Indian physical characteristics, in the way that you would say they are Indian influenced. Maybe you can find few Indians who look like them, but these Indians look rather Persian than vica versa.

The other guy in 2nd video with white hair also veers towards Indian looking. I have seen some Punjabi guys who look like him.

This is a contradiction in itself.

A few Punjabis resembling these men does not make it a Indian phenotype. The individuals mentioned here look distinctly Iranic, the first person looks actually more like Egyptian actor Adel Emam. The last man could very well be a Kurd too.

Passing is one thing, there is always overlapp with different ethnic groups, however overlap with this type is down to some Indian looking more Persian than vica versa.

Caucasianturkk
12-13-2020, 02:31 PM
Kurds,Iranians and Indians are the same people.
Kurds in my town look like Indian actress or actors

turbosat
12-13-2020, 02:58 PM

C: those who do look admixed look more like they have Middle Eastern Arab admixture than Indian.

like this man for example. He looks Arab mixed almsot pseudo Egyptian. Whoever says this looks Indian mixed have no clue how Indian looks like.

These Zoroastrians on the channel are quite old and brown but not a single of them shows Indian physical characteristics, in the way that you would say they are Indian influenced. Maybe you can find few Indians who look like them, but these Indians look rather Persian than vica versa.

You obviously don't have a complete knowledge about Indians. I watch Indians all the time on TV, websites, videos etc which you will not do.

The Zoroastrians are "old and brown" - I compared them with similar aged, similar looking, similar complexioned Indians, not 20 year old Indians, or those from Andaman Islands or any old Indian no matter what they look like. I said they "veer towards Indians" meaning only those Indians who can look like that to an extent at least. I didnt say they look 100% Indian, totally completely unmistakably Indian.

"Maybe you can find few Indians who look like them, but these Indians look rather Persian than vica versa" - its the same thing as saying "they veer towards (some) Indians". We can instead say some Indians look like them. There is no difference however we say it.

The man in the video you referred to above, or other similar Iranian Zoroastrians, they can look also look somewhat like some old Egyptians as well (I looked in Google just now). Nobody said they can't. They can look like both somewhat like some Egyptians and also veer towards some Indians.
btw I worked with Egyptians in UAE. They even sometimes said some of the Indians in our office could pass as Egyptian. They were talking about people in 20s or 30s.

If you were a member of Anthroscape, someone there once posted a photo of Iranian Kurdish girls. The Kurdish members all started saying they are Indians, gypsies etc. I emailed the photographer. He told me they were Kurdish girls as far as knew. This seems to be common for "Iranic" folks on forum sites - to say whatever is convenient for them at any moment when talking about Indians.

Demhat
12-13-2020, 03:26 PM
You obviously don't have a complete knowledge about Indians. I watch Indians all the time on TV, websites, videos etc which you will not do.

Like you have any clue how Arabian/Levantine features look like, anyone remotely brown with a Indo_Iranic linguistic background you assume to be Indic admixed. It seems to be a general tone among many South Asian users here. The statement. "Some Punjabis look like this, therefore this individual looks Indian" is retarded in itself.

Please provide me an Indian example that looks like the first guy I will wait. You have so little clue of Middle Eastern phenotypes that you would believe this Egyptian actor is Indian admixed.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d4/Adel_Imam_2009_cropped.jpg

The Zoroastrians are "old and brown" - I compared them with similar aged, similar looking, similar complexioned Indians, not 20 year old Indians, or those from Andaman Islands or any old Indian no matter what they look like. I said they "veer towards Indians" meaning only those Indians who can look like that to an extent at least. I didnt say they look 100% Indian, totally completely unmistakably Indian.

You compared them to no one. All I saw you claimed you have seen Indians who look like them.

"Maybe you can find few Indians who look like them, but these Indians look rather Persian than vica versa" - its the same thing as saying "they veer towards (some) Indians".
It is not the same, for anyone with an education level higher than a potato. It's like saying just because you can find few Blue Eyed, brown haired Arabs, that Blue eyed and brown haired British look Arab. It is Iranian_Neolithic_Mesolithic DNA which is the main connection between India and Iran, so how does physical similarities between the two population become Indian

The man in the video you referred to above, or other similar Iranian Zoroastrians, they can look also look somewhat like some old Egyptians as well (I looked in Google just now). Nobody said they can't. They can look like both somewhat like some Egyptians and also veer towards some Indians.
You said some of them veer towards Indian looking, not towards Indians. There is a clear difference in the two statements. Don't try to fool around with me. You used towards Indian looking which implies this look is Indian. Not some shared look. I never claimed there is no possibility tham some Egyptians can look like some Indians and vica versa. But you have to be able to tell which features are responsible for that.

btw I worked with Egyptians in UAE. They even sometimes said some of the Indians in our office could pass as Egyptian. They were talking about people in 20s or 30s.
No one denied this. There is a clear difference between passing and looking like. You are flip flopping around now because in an attempt to save your face. Your initial argument was, this people "veer" towards Indian looking . Not they have a physical overlap with some Indians.

If you were a member of Anthroscape, someone there once posted a photo of Iranian Kurdish girls. The Kurdish members all started saying they are Indians, gypsies etc. I emailed the photographer. He told me they were Kurdish girls as far as knew. This seems to be common for "Iranic" folks on forum sites - to say whatever is convenient for them at any moment when talking about Indians.

This has absolutey fuck all to do with our topic. Nor do I care what some trolls said or claimed. You have to know Gypsies also exist among Kurds and in our modern time a number of South Asian and East Asian workers have settled in Iraqi Kurdistan too. But even if she was Kurd what does that has to do with our topic :)

Matter of the fact is some of you South Asians (not all) are certanly mentally derailed, I have seen much more Pakistanis, Indians here post pseudo Iranian looking individuals showing self hate than Iranias or Kurds post white washed individuals of their own.

I could gives less a fuck what some trolls and no life idiots on Foras think or believe about my people. My people could be all Sri Lankan looking (Sri Lankan are nice people in comparison to allot of other self hating South Asians on these boards in which you most definitely are included) it wouldn't change the fact that the individuals in the video do not look Indian. Do Indians exist who can look similar to them? Yes most definitely but these are not your typical Indians.

Now you are trying too hard to drag this off topic in hope to gain some position.

Randommembr
12-13-2020, 03:39 PM
Except tajiks
Tajiks look similar with Turkic people

Even ethnic Persians look clearly different lmao. Hell even Baluchis don't exactly look properly SA

Randommembr
12-13-2020, 03:44 PM
Zoroastrians are darker as they are mostly from places like Kerman and Yazd in South Iran.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?337527-Classify-Iranian-Zoroastrians-don-t-be-lazy-Click-on-the-link-and-comment

Many live in Tehran, some in the south and some in the North. This is a big myth. Iranians are a brown skinned race. Zoroastrians look no different from their surrounding Muslim Persians. NO ONE and I mean no one can tell a Zoroastrian apart from appearance. If you can, please tell me how to tell a Zoroastrian apart from Muslim and how to tell the region of Iran where an ethnic Persian is from because even I want to learn that skill.

turbosat
12-13-2020, 03:47 PM

like this man for example. He looks Arab mixed almsot pseudo Egyptian. Whoever says this looks Indian mixed have no clue how Indian looks like.

- deleted duplicate -

Randommembr
12-13-2020, 03:47 PM
This guy

The guy at 2.35

Would you agree that while some look Indian, the overwhelming majority clearly have different features?

Randommembr
12-13-2020, 03:48 PM
Have you read what I wrote? "A phase" -- I believed it might be true, but I changed my mind as to major significance; "a certain extent" (based on some broad similarities -- differences were significant too) - and involving only a small subset of people. How do you go from that to some idea that I'm talking about "the average Indic Indian"?

Because the average Iranic South Asian looks Iranian quite often haha

Randommembr
12-13-2020, 03:50 PM
You are making up a lot of stuff. Nobody said these things.

On the other hand you posted quite a few times like:
"British said Parsi are white, white like Europeans, as white as us"
"Spanish said Parsi are whiter than us and whiter than Italians".
"Most everyday American folks considered Parsi as white"
etc etc

If most ordinary Americans thought Parsi were white, then why did the Parsi guy have to go to court to claim he is white?

This is A LAW PECEDENT you fool. Anyone whose learnt American history knows about this. You're taking it out of context. Parsis aren't Iranians. It's not the topic of discussion.

Randommembr
12-13-2020, 03:56 PM

So have I...... I've seen some Indians guys look like Neil Nitin Mukesh.

Amrya Dastur looks like Sunny Leone therefore as a Parsi I look no different to you on average because I've seen some Punjabis look like me......

See, flawed logic.

Edit" sorry for being rude.

Ok what's your final verdict on this? You haven't been clear. Would you say majority (more than 50 percent) look distinct and some look like Indians? Because that's true for all Persians regardless of religion. Look at the president of Iran 2 times ago(forget his name) and Qassim Soleimani. All look South Asian. Asghar Farhadi to a lesser extent too and more.

Anyways, would you agree with my final verdict.

Randommembr
12-13-2020, 03:59 PM
Kurds,Iranians and Indians are the same people.
Kurds in my town look like Indian actress or actors

Bollywood average morphed pheno is clearly different from average Indian.

Randommembr
12-13-2020, 04:32 PM
@Demhat and @Turbosat.

Passing is different from looking like an ethnicity or your best fit ethnic group.

Looking like an ethnicity is where 80+ percent of people look like you.

Passing is where 5-15 percent of people look like you.

Passing rather ATYPICALLY is where 1-5 percent look like you.

The people in the video (and Persians in general) look clearly Persian. Their next best fit would be Arab and Indian where a minority would pass. Almost all can pass ATYPICALLY as pseudo Arabs or Indians.

I hope this makes sense.

Negah
12-13-2020, 05:03 PM

Nothing wrong with looking South Asian, it does not make Iranian better or worse. You should not feel good or bad because of that.

However, having glanced through the videos, these are videos of old individuals (70s and 80s) and some look like farmers, and tbh the quality of the videos is not that good. It is almost impossible to classify these people.

Iranian Zoroastrians look like the people from various cities that they are from. These people are mainly from Yazd and Kerman judging by their accents. Also, many of them are speaking Zoroastrian Dari not Persian.

turbosat
12-13-2020, 05:03 PM
Like you have any clue how Arabian/Levantine features look like, anyone remotely brown with a Indo_Iranic linguistic background you assume to be Indic admixed. It seems to be a general tone among many South Asian users here. The statement. "Some Punjabis look like this, therefore this individual looks Indian" is retarded in itself.

Please provide me an Indian example that looks like the first guy I will wait. You have so little clue of Middle Eastern phenotypes that you would believe this Egyptian actor is Indian admixed.

You compared them to no one. All I saw you claimed you have seen Indians who look like them.

It is not the same, for anyone with an education level higher than a potato. It's like saying just because you can find few Blue Eyed, brown haired Arabs, that Blue eyed and brown haired British look Arab. It is Iranian_Neolithic_Mesolithic DNA which is the main connection between India and Iran, so how does physical similarities between the two population become Indian

You said some of them veer towards Indian looking, not towards Indians. There is a clear difference in the two statements. Don't try to fool around with me. You used towards Indian looking which implies this look is Indian. Not some shared look. I never claimed there is no possibility tham some Egyptians can look like some Indians and vica versa. But you have to be able to tell which features are responsible for that.

No one denied this. There is a clear difference between passing and looking like. You are flip flopping around now because in an attempt to save your face. Your initial argument was, this people "veer" towards Indian looking . Not they have a physical overlap with some Indians.

This has absolutey fuck all to do with our topic. Nor do I care what some trolls said or claimed. You have to know Gypsies also exist among Kurds and in our modern time a number of South Asian and East Asian workers have settled in Iraqi Kurdistan too. But even if she was Kurd what does that has to do with our topic :)

Matter of the fact is some of you South Asians (not all) are certanly mentally derailed, I have seen much more Pakistanis, Indians here post pseudo Iranian looking individuals showing self hate than Iranias or Kurds post white washed individuals of their own.

I could gives less a fuck what some trolls and no life idiots on Foras think or believe about my people. My people could be all Sri Lankan looking (Sri Lankan are nice people in comparison to allot of other self hating South Asians on these boards in which you most definitely are included) it wouldn't change the fact that the individuals in the video do not look Indian. Do Indians exist who can look similar to them? Yes most definitely but these are not your typical Indians.

Now you are trying too hard to drag this off topic in hope to gain some position.

You "Iranic" guys get triggered easily. Your reply is very, very stupid. Its not worth my time replying fully to such a stupid post.
Also this site is not working well at the moment, response time is poor, whereas I have to get on with other things.

Indians do not have self hate. You imagine us to be stupid, docile, dirty, weak etc, and you folks (Afghans mostly, and some of you Kurds too) easily get triggered when we do not behave or reply in the way you want us to.

You do not seem to understand English well either. You are playing around with words. "Indian looking" or "veer towards Indians" does not mean "every Indian" or "typical Indian". If I meant every Indian or typical Indians, I would have said that using those words.
I don't have time to write my posts like lawyer documents and absolutely precisely. I expect you to use your brain and understand what I intend to mean. Nowhere did I say, or mean, that all Indians look like the old Iranian Zoroastrians or vice-versa.

Nor am I trying to make some kind of claim on those Iranian Zoroastrians (that they are Indians or Indian origin), or that they are Indian mixed - ref your sentence "It is Iranian_Neolithic_Mesolithic DNA which is the main connection between India and Iran, so how does physical similarities between the two population become Indian").

Iranian Neolithic Mesolithic DNA does not mean it belongs to Iran or belongs to Ayatollah XYZ or Apricity member Demhat etc. Also I think Iranian Neolithic Mesolithic DNA is present more in South Asia now than Iran itself? I might be wrong on that and others can correct me if I am wrong. Thambi is knowledgeable on it I think. Ultimately it all goes back to Africa. So can we say it is all African?

"Do Indians exist who can look similar to them? Yes most definitely but these are not your typical Indians." - who said they were typical Indians? Indians vary a lot anyway. You dont know much about Indians obviously.

Regarding "Like you have any clue how Arabian/Levantine features look like" - if I worked in UAE and other places in Middle East, it should be easy for you to understand I have seen plenty of Arabians, Egyptians, Syrians, Lebanese, Palestinians etc.

"It is not the same, for anyone with an education level higher than a potato." - I have two BSc degrees and MSc too.

turbosat
12-13-2020, 05:08 PM
You "Iranic" guys get triggered easily. Your reply is very, very stupid. Its not worth my time replying fully to such a stupid post.
Also this site is not working well at the moment, response time is poor, whereas I have to get on with other things.

Indians do not have self hate. You imagine us to be stupid, docile, dirty, weak etc, and you folks (Afghans firstly, and some of you Kurds too) easily get triggered when we do not behave or reply in the way you want us to.

You do not seem to understand English well either. You are playing around with words. "Indian looking" or "veer towards Indians" does not mean "every Indian" or "typical Indian". If I meant every Indian or typical Indians, I would have said that using those words.
I don't have time to write my posts like lawyer documents and absolutely precisely. I expect you to use your brain and understand what I intend to mean. Nowhere did I say, or mean, that all Indians look like the old Iranian Zoroastrians or vice-versa.

Nor am I trying to make some kind of claim on those Iranian Zoroastrians (that they are Indians or Indian origin), or that they are Indian mixed - ref your sentence "It is Iranian_Neolithic_Mesolithic DNA which is the main connection between India and Iran, so how does physical similarities between the two population become Indian").

Iranian Neolithic Mesolithic DNA does not mean it belongs to Iran or belongs to Ayatollah XYZ or Apricity member Demhat etc. Also I think Iranian Neolithic Mesolithic DNA is present more in South Asia now than Iran itself? I might be wrong on that and others can correct me if I am wrong. Thambi is knowledgeable on it I think. Ultimately it all goes back to Africa. So can we say it is all African?

"Do Indians exist who can look similar to them? Yes most definitely but these are not your typical Indians." - who said they were typical Indians? Indians vary a lot anyway. You dont know much about Indians obviously.

Regarding "Like you have any clue how Arabian/Levantine features look like" - if I worked in UAE and other places in Middle East, it should be easy for you to understand I have seen plenty of Arabians, Egyptians, Syrians, Lebanese, Palestinians etc.

"It is not the same, for anyone with an education level higher than a potato." - I have two BSc degrees and MSc too.

btw - it was @AzBuzz who posted the videos link in the first place. That is why I commented on a few of those people. I did not select the videos, he did.

Randommembr
12-13-2020, 05:23 PM
btw - it was @AzBuzz who posted the videos link in the first place. That is why I commented on a few of those people. I did not select the videos, he did.

Look at my passing/looking like an ethnicity comment. Would you agree with that?

And most North Indians do look somewhat (key word) uniform. There are a variety of different phenos, but they all look Indian. Ramamurthy and Akshay Kumar both look very Indian despite looking different. Though there is TONS of diversity.
Obviously some South Asians like Baluchis, Pathans, Parsis would look very similar. These two groups make up 5 million Indians and even more if you include Pakistan.
I am referring to Indic Indians.

Anyways, would you agree with my passing comment above targeted to Demhat and you?

Randommembr
12-13-2020, 07:48 PM
bump

Randommembr
12-13-2020, 07:52 PM
There seems to be an overlap of phenotype between Iranians and Indians. But I don't think any Iranian look like a Tamil, a Blangadeshi or a Malabarese. And many Iranians could not pass at all as Indian.

Do you think Most (more than 50 percent) Iranians look distinct from Indians.

Fedora
12-13-2020, 08:01 PM
TBH the ones in those videos definietly can pass as pakistani, among kurds it's a very low minority who ccould pass as pakistani/indian.

Randommembr
12-13-2020, 08:08 PM
TBH the ones in those videos definietly can pass as pakistani, among kurds it's a very low minority who ccould pass as pakistani/indian.

What percentage of those in the videos? Which Pakistani ethnic group has these features please tell me.

Centurion
12-13-2020, 10:00 PM
Do you think Most (more than 50 percent) Iranians look distinct from Indians.

Yes.

Pro.crasti.nation
12-13-2020, 10:26 PM
I've had Iranians think I'm Iranian, happens often.

But I've also had Arabs ask if I'm Arab, so ...

Randommembr
12-13-2020, 10:40 PM
I've had Iranians think I'm Iranian, happens often.

But I've also had Arabs ask if I'm Arab, so ...

Ya that kind of "overlap" (not sure if it's the correct word)will always happen. There's a difference between passing(or ATYPICALLY passing) and looking entirely like an ethnicty. You know this right? It's also confirmation bias and more. I can explain to you if you'd like in more detail.

Pro.crasti.nation
12-13-2020, 10:47 PM
Ya that kind of overlap will always happen. There's a difference between passing(or ATYPICALLY passing) and looking entirely like an ethnicty. You know this right? It's also confirmation bias and more. I can explain to you if you'd like in more detail.

The point was that overlaps exist, according to the Iranian people I've met in London.

Some comments exaggerate the difference and distinction between populations - literally neighbouring, collections of diverse populations - as if they were separate species.

Randommembr
12-13-2020, 11:24 PM
The point was that overlaps exist, according to the Iranian people I've met in London.

Some comments exaggerate the difference and distinction between populations - literally neighbouring, collections of diverse populations - as if they were separate species.

Passing is different from looking like an ethnicity. Many South Asians/Arabs I've seen pass in South America but they don't look completely like that ethnicty. Makes sense?

Do most Iranians (more than 50 percent) really look indistinguishable from South Asians to you? Some overalaps exists, but I'm talking about most (more than 50 percent).

Pro.crasti.nation
12-14-2020, 12:16 AM
Passing is different from looking like an ethnicity. Many South Asians/Arabs I've seen pass in South America but they don't look completely like that ethnicty. Makes sense?

Do most Iranians (more than 50 percent) really look indistinguishable from South Asians to you? Some overalaps exists, but I'm talking about most (more than 50 percent).

I didn't say they do, nor would I. I'm just reacting to those that think there's no overlap at all.

Randommembr
12-14-2020, 12:52 AM
I didn't say they do, nor would I. I'm just reacting to those that think there's no overlap at all.

Let me remind you that many Arabs live in Iran. Many Iranians also live in Arab places like the UAE.

Let me also remind you that Pakistan, is literally a Persian word meaning pure Land. The a in Pakistan stands for Afghan province (the land of the pashtuns-an Iranian people) and the stan stands for "Baluchistan" province of Pakistan. The Baluchis are also an Iranian peoples. So almost half of Pakistan is Iranic lmao.

Add to that South Asian Iranian groups like Parsis, Iranis etc.

So many of the "Indians/South Asians" who look similar to Afghans or Iranians, may also be Iranians themselves genetically haha same with Arabs. This is mostly the case.

But yes, I agree. Even SOME complete Persians can look alike to complete Indic South Asians.

Randommembr
12-14-2020, 06:03 AM

Interesting. What percent?

turbosat
12-14-2020, 06:26 AM

I am just wondering lol, why are you so worried about "percent"? Or so worried about this whole matter?

You tell us the percent and then be happy with that figure. :)

Trouble
12-14-2020, 07:40 AM
Some Iranians look bollywoodoid. However many cannot pass at all. These are some examples of those who don’t pass.

https://s.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/ZFMI5EFAt1_IVjYswzpwPg--~B/YXBwaWQ9eWlzZWFyY2g7Zmk9Zml0O2dlPTAwNjYwMDtncz0wME EzMDA7aD0zNzU7dz01MDA-/https://www.sat7uk.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Iran-young-man.jpg.cf.jpg

https://s.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/fI9omwSuJn5xSxhmWm.CKA--~B/YXBwaWQ9eWlzZWFyY2g7Zmk9Zml0O2dlPTAwNjYwMDtncz0wME EzMDA7aD00MDA7dz01NDQ-/https://c8.alamy.com/comp/B7BWC5/young-iranian-man-in-yazd-iran-B7BWC5.jpg.cf.jpg

https://s.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/S9V_KnYQ0EYSmx4ywKTL4g--~B/YXBwaWQ9eWlzZWFyY2g7Zmk9Zml0O2dlPTAwNjYwMDtncz0wME EzMDA7aD00MDA7dz03NDA-/https://www.iranhumanrights.org/wp-content/uploads/timthumb-3.jpeg.cf.jpg

Negah
12-14-2020, 11:51 AM

I am not sure why you are asking people who have never been to Iran and India or have limited knowledge for percentages. It is almost like you are seeking their validation and approval. This is just their opinion and it is just that.

I am also wondering if you are a troll and pretending to be a Parsi.

But be it as it may, there was a thread a while back that asked "Do Iranians resemble Indians or Italians more?:

Here is the link:

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?235581-Do-Iranians-look-CLOSER-to-Indians-or-Italians/page14

This was my answer:

Phenotype wise the answer is really simple. A group of random 10 Iranians would look foreign anywhere in Italy, and a group of 10 south Asians from east of the Indus river would look foreign anywhere in Iran including coastal Persian gulf and Balochistan. Coastal Iranians and Balochis can be very dark but still don't look South Asian as a group.

The reality is such comparisons are a complete waste of time and energy

TBH as an Iranian I can tell you this, only a tiny percentage of South Asians can look Iranian. Most South Asians look distinctly feature-wise and color-wise what they are just as most Iranian look like what they are - Iranian.

You have posted a bunch of 70 and 80-year-old Zoroastrian Iranians from Yazd and Kerman ( many are farmers and laborers )and asking people where they can pass. Also Zoroastrian tend to be darker than Average Iranian that is just a fact because they are from Kerman and Yazd which border the central deserts of Iran. People from Birjand, Kerman, Garmsar (Ahmadinejad), Yazd, etc which border the Iranian deserts tend to be darker on Average than people from Hamadan, Tehran, Qazvin, etc within the Persian core.

Negah
12-14-2020, 11:56 AM
Some Iranians look bollywoodoid. However many cannot pass at all. These are some examples of those who don’t pass.

Bollywood actors and actresses still don't look Iranian as a group; however, they are closer to Iranians than the rest of the Indians because they tend to be lighter and less vedodid. But still not Iranian looking.

Kamal900
12-14-2020, 12:01 PM

My father and my uncle in Sweden look far more closer Iranians, and their looks are common in Iranians which I never seen on Indians as a whole really.
https://scontent.ffjr1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/10300666_1435995073329684_3119159558199204251_n.jp g?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=84a396&_nc_ohc=2C-W3FoAgg4AX_mL_pg&_nc_ht=scontent.ffjr1-1.fna&oh=b564abf688473295cc63e290a9c9f61d&oe=5FFC5593
https://scontent.ffjr1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/51449969_10161301364675591_7215130442612080640_n.j pg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=pc95I-va7iQAX9MgS4Q&_nc_ht=scontent.ffjr1-2.fna&oh=adabfdc2b86a4e7c5348fd4258ececc1&oe=5FFC9BC4

And remember, we're Levantine Arabs, not Indians or Indo-Aryans that Iranic peoples share a common linguistic ancestry with them.

Randommembr
12-14-2020, 02:51 PM

https://s.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/ZFMI5EFAt1_IVjYswzpwPg--~B/YXBwaWQ9eWlzZWFyY2g7Zmk9Zml0O2dlPTAwNjYwMDtncz0wME EzMDA7aD0zNzU7dz01MDA-/https://www.sat7uk.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Iran-young-man.jpg.cf.jpg

https://s.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/fI9omwSuJn5xSxhmWm.CKA--~B/YXBwaWQ9eWlzZWFyY2g7Zmk9Zml0O2dlPTAwNjYwMDtncz0wME EzMDA7aD00MDA7dz01NDQ-/https://c8.alamy.com/comp/B7BWC5/young-iranian-man-in-yazd-iran-B7BWC5.jpg.cf.jpg

https://s.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/S9V_KnYQ0EYSmx4ywKTL4g--~B/YXBwaWQ9eWlzZWFyY2g7Zmk9Zml0O2dlPTAwNjYwMDtncz0wME EzMDA7aD00MDA7dz03NDA-/https://www.iranhumanrights.org/wp-content/uploads/timthumb-3.jpeg.cf.jpg

Wtf is a Bollywoodoid lmaoooooooooo.

I must remind you that there is a disproportionate amount of Parsis, Iranis and Pathans (Salman Khan, the Khan's of Bollywood) in Bollywood.

MINARDOWICZ
12-14-2020, 02:58 PM
They look like Parsi Indians, maybe. Parsi are right between Punjabi groups and Iranian, though. LOL! A bunch of garbage.

Randommembr
12-14-2020, 03:00 PM
I am not sure why you are asking people who have never been to Iran and India or have limited knowledge for percentages. It is almost like you are seeking their validation and approval. This is just their opinion and it is just that.

I am also wondering if you are a troll and pretending to be a Parsi.

But be it as it may, there was a thread a while back that asked "Do Iranians resemble Indians or Italians more?:

Here is the link:

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?235581-Do-Iranians-look-CLOSER-to-Indians-or-Italians/page14

This was my answer:

TBH as an Iranian I can tell you this, only a tiny percentage of South Asians can look Iranian. Most South Asians look distinctly feature-wise and color-wise what they are just as most Iranian look like what they are - Iranian.

You have posted a bunch of 70 and 80-year-old Zoroastrian Iranians from Yazd and Kerman ( many are farmers and laborers )and asking people where they can pass. Also Zoroastrian tend to be darker than Average Iranian that is just a fact because they are from Kerman and Yazd which border the central deserts of Iran. People from Birjand, Kerman, Garmsar (Ahmadinejad), Yazd, etc which border the Iranian deserts tend to be darker on Average than people from Hamadan, Tehran, Qazvin, etc within the Persian core.

At this point I don't know if you're a troll. You are literally proving my point.
The usual skin tone obssession. I never said anything about darker. Everyone knows Iranians can easily have the same skin color as Indians. Their features are CLEARLY different but no you choose to focus on skin color. Really, this is normal skin tone too in Tehran. I can link travel vlogs and I've been there too.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LMlFqdSAtTA
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o3sxe_LO36w
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=feYxfKh8MS4
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=spG9fZ-QwZY
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N88T79AoIXg
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PAX55xiz3Sc

You can tell Zoroastrians apart from regular Persians? Teach me how please. Next time I go to Iran, I want to be able to do the same so I know who to speak Zoroastrian Dari with and who not too lmao. That's what I posted about. I want to learn how the users here can tell the difference just based of someones religion.

And btw, there is a very sizeable community of Zoroastrians outside Yazd and Kerman.
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?337527-Classify-Iranian-Zoroastrians-don-t-be-lazy-Click-on-the-link-and-comment
Look at the second link. Please point out to me who is Zoroastrian and not(had you not known their ethnicity). Ethnic Persians unlike Indians look rather homogenous and you can ask several users here also.

You called me a troll, but it seems youre one of those people who think Iranians can absolutely not look like South Asians and that's not entirely true.

Randommembr
12-14-2020, 03:02 PM
Bollywood actors and actresses still don't look Iranian as a group; however, they are closer to Iranians than the rest of the Indians because they tend to be lighter and less vedodid. But still not Iranian looking.

The core of Bollywood is Parsi/Irani/the Khan's of Bollywood/high caste Hindus. They can look Iranian for sure imo because genetically many are Afghan and Iranian.

Light skin isnt relevant. Many (not most) Kashmiris and Punjabis have the same tone as many Iranians do. Features clearly vary.

Randommembr
12-14-2020, 03:04 PM
They look like Parsi Indians, maybe. Parsi are right between Punjabi groups and Iranian, though. LOL! A bunch of garbage.

I'm just saying what other users told me lmao. No need to get mad.

I'm Parsi. You're wrong about the Punjabi thing. Parsis are Gujarati with Persian descent.

MINARDOWICZ
12-14-2020, 03:15 PM

I'm Parsi. You're wrong about the Punjabi thing. Parsis are Gujarati with Persian descent.

I am not mad at you... Just mad at the people who said it for being stupid. LOL also I am not saying Parsi are literally a mix of Punjabi and Iranian. I am saying they are genetically between the two. In fact, THEY ARE. Just about right in the middle, on PCAs. So, they are more Persian than Gujarati. Send me your GEDmatch and I will show you. They are not right in the middle of Gajarati and Iranian, even. MUCH more like the midpoint of Punjabi and Iranian.

princeton90
12-14-2020, 03:17 PM
They don't. Plus, they are genetically very different.

MINARDOWICZ
12-14-2020, 03:25 PM

Again, I know they aren't literally Punjabi mixes... But here is what I mean:

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=104561&d=1607963086

Randommembr
12-14-2020, 04:13 PM
I am not mad at you... Just mad at the people who said it for being stupid. LOL also I am not saying Parsi are literally a mix of Punjabi and Iranian. I am saying they are genetically between the two. In fact, THEY ARE. Just about right in the middle, on PCAs. So, they are more Persian than Gujarati. Send me your GEDmatch and I will show you. They are not right in the middle of Gajarati and Iranian, even. MUCH more like the midpoint of Punjabi and Iranian.

Parsis are a unique group. They have their own genetic signature just like Ashkenazi Jews do. What calculator of GEDMATCH do you want my results from? Should I use a calculator with a Parsi sample in it? (I know 3 such calculators).

Regarding appearance, I posted recently so you can see my face. I even posted pictures of Parsis on the "Afghani" thread I made (though you'll have to scroll a bit).

Randommembr
12-14-2020, 04:33 PM
I am just wondering lol, why are you so worried about "percent"? Or so worried about this whole matter?

You tell us the percent and then be happy with that figure. :)

Jheez... Just looking for opinions.

Randommembr
12-14-2020, 04:39 PM
My father and my uncle in Sweden look far more closer Iranians, and their looks are common in Iranians which I never seen on Indians as a whole really.
https://scontent.ffjr1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/10300666_1435995073329684_3119159558199204251_n.jp g?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=84a396&_nc_ohc=2C-W3FoAgg4AX_mL_pg&_nc_ht=scontent.ffjr1-1.fna&oh=b564abf688473295cc63e290a9c9f61d&oe=5FFC5593
https://scontent.ffjr1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/51449969_10161301364675591_7215130442612080640_n.j pg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=pc95I-va7iQAX9MgS4Q&_nc_ht=scontent.ffjr1-2.fna&oh=adabfdc2b86a4e7c5348fd4258ececc1&oe=5FFC9BC4

And remember, we're Levantine Arabs, not Indians or Indo-Aryans that Iranic peoples share a common linguistic ancestry with them.

IMO Iranians look like Iranians. Not like Indic South Asians, not like Arabs but like Iranians. There's obviously some overlap though.

Your uncle looks a lot like the Zoroastrians in the video and other Persians / Parsis I've seen. I can see a dash of South Asian in the nose for sure.
I wouldn't guess him as Levantine. Dad looks much more Levantine than he does Persian.

Negah
12-14-2020, 05:54 PM
The usual skin tone obssession. I never said anything about darker. Everyone knows Iranians can easily have the same skin color as Indians. T

How am I obsessed with Skin color? It seems that you are because you get angry when I tell you how Zoroastrians are viewed in Iran.

Zoroastrian Iranians are mainly from Kerman and Yazd where Iranians of any religious background tend to be a bit darker than the average Iranians as a whole. That is just a fact, any Iranian will tell you the same thing.

As I stated before many of the Muslim and Bahai Iranians who are from those aforementioned cities (Yazd and Kerman) are of Zoroastrian background who have converted to those religions. Therefore, it is fair to say that Zoroastaina Iranians don't look different than their Persian Brothers.

check the article below :

https://iranicaonline.org/articles/kerman-13-zoroastrians

I hope you can comprehend this. For example, Iranians from Gilan or Tabriz of any religious background are certainly on the average lighter than Iranians from any religious background from Kerman and Yazd. They are not better or worse that is just a fact. Are there some very light-skinned Yazidis and Kermani absolutely. But I am speaking of the average here.

Zoroastrians in Iran are known to be Gandomi / dark olive tone and their features are more akin to people from Yazd and Kerman.

Negah
12-14-2020, 06:00 PM
The core of Bollywood is Parsi/Irani/the Khan's of Bollywood/high caste Hindus. They can look Iranian for sure imo because genetically many are Afghan and Iranian.

Light skin isnt relevant. Many (not most) Kashmiris and Punjabis have the same tone as many Iranians do. Features clearly vary.

I don't know about Bollywood but many of the Parsis, Pashtuns, etc are either mixed or married to various Indian ethnic groups these days.

I am not an expert but to say that Bollywood is made primarily of non-South Asian groups may not be an accurate statement.

edit Salman Khan looks South Asian not Pashtun. I reckon he is mixed.

Negah
12-14-2020, 06:02 PM
Jheez... Just looking for opinions.

Zoroastrian Iranians look like what they are Persians from Kerman and Yazd. It is that simple.

The average user on these boards does not have the foggiest idea of what a Persian from Yazd or Kerman looks like.

Alexandro
12-14-2020, 06:04 PM
I have personally never made the association of Iranians looking like South Asians/Indians, to me Iranians look like....Iranians, but there might be some overlap, sure.

Avicenna
12-14-2020, 06:11 PM
Their features are super middle Eastern. Lighting is bad and some are farmers . They would stick out in Punjab let alone the rest of India . Some could pass like turbo mentioned .

Amritsar Punjab , northwest India

https://youtu.be/4n4oOiU1BC8

Randommembr
12-14-2020, 07:19 PM
How am I obsessed with Skin color? It seems that you are because you get angry when I tell you how Zoroastrians are viewed in Iran.

Zoroastrian Iranians are mainly from Kerman and Yazd where Iranians of any religious background tend to be a bit darker than the average Iranians as a whole. That is just a fact, any Iranian will tell you the same thing.

As I stated before many of the Muslim and Bahai Iranians who are from those aforementioned cities (Yazd and Kerman) are of Zoroastrian background who have converted to those religions. Therefore, it is fair to say that Zoroastaina Iranians don't look different than their Persian Brothers.

check the article below :

https://iranicaonline.org/articles/kerman-13-zoroastrians

I hope you can comprehend this. For example, Iranians from Gilan or Tabriz of any religious background are certainly on the average lighter than Iranians from any religious background from Kerman and Yazd. They are not better or worse that is just a fact. Are there some very light-skinned Yazidis and Kermani absolutely. But I am speaking of the average here.

Zoroastrians in Iran are known to be Gandomi / dark olive tone and their features are more akin to people from Yazd and Kerman.

I'm trying to tell you that a HUGE minority percent of Zoroastrians live in Tehran too and others in other places. There used to be 60 families, but A LOT moved into that region too. There are northern lighter Iranians phenotypes present in the south too and vice versa. You can't tell me with a straight face that you can distinguish someone who is from Kerman and Yazd very easily with someone who is from Tehran.

My point is: why bring up skin color? Why bring up their age? Their religion? Their features CLEARLY are different. These are ethnic Persians too. I'm actually hurt when people (not sure if it was you) commented that I I only showed 70-80 year old Iranian Zoroastrians. That was the point of my post. There's nothing wrong with showing these people.

Since people were so hurtful about the ages of the people I chose to show (many of whom are my relatives' best friends whom I met when I was in Iran), here are some younger crowds of Zoroastrians as well. These are random crowds not cherrypicked individuals.

https://www.alamy.com/zoroastrians-hold-hands-as-they-walk-around-the-fire-during-a-ceremony-called-sadeh-in-shahriyar-west-of-the-capital-tehran-iran-on-january-30-2012-sadeh-in-persian-means-hundred-which-refers-to-one-hundred-days-and-nights-left-to-the-beginning-of-the-new-persian-year-that-is-celebrated-on-the-first-day-of-spring-in-march-upimaryam-rahmanian-image258361356.html?pv=1&stamp=2&imageid=E3E58407-026C-4274-89B7-856B99EFB23C&p=852188&n=261&orientation=0&pn=1&searchtype=0&IsFromSearch=1&srch=foo%3Dbar%26st%3D0%26sortby%3D2%26qt%3DIran%2 520zoroastrians%26qt_raw%3DIran%2520zoroastrians%2 6qn%3D%26lic%3D3%26edrf%3D0%26mr%3D0%26pr%3D0%26ao a%3D1%26creative%3D%26videos%3D%26nu%3D%26ccc%3D%2 6bespoke%3D%26apalib%3D%26ag%3D0%26hc%3D0%26et%3D0 x000000000000000000000%26vp%3D0%26loc%3D0%26ot%3D0 %26imgt%3D0%26dtfr%3D%26dtto%3D%26size%3D0xFF%26bl ackwhite%3D%26cutout%3D%26archive%3D1%26name%3D%26 groupid%3D%26pseudoid%3D%26userid%3D%26id%3D%26a%3 D%26xstx%3D0%26cbstore%3D0%26resultview%3DsortbyPo pular%26lightbox%3D%26gname%3D%26gtype%3D%26apalic %3D%26tbar%3D1%26pc%3D%26simid%3D%26cap%3D1%26cust omgeoip%3D%26vd%3D0%26cid%3D%26pe%3D%26so%3D%26lb% 3D%26pl%3D0%26plno%3D%26fi%3D0%26langcode%3Den%26u pl%3D0%26cufr%3D%26cuto%3D%26howler%3D%26cvrem%3D0 %26cvtype%3D0%26cvloc%3D0%26cl%3D0%26upfr%3D%26upt o%3D%26primcat%3D%26seccat%3D%26cvcategory%3D*%26r estriction%3D%26random%3D%26ispremium%3D1%26flip%3 D0%26contributorqt%3D%26plgalleryno%3D%26plpublic% 3D0%26viewaspublic%3D0%26isplcurate%3D0%26imageurl %3D%26saveQry%3D%26editorial%3D1%26t%3D0%26filters %3D0

https://www.alamy.com/tehran-iran-30th-jan-2020-sadeh-is-an-iranian-festival-that-observed-by-zoroastrians-celebrated-50-days-before-nowruz-sadeh-in-persian-means-hundred-and-refers-to-one-hundred-days-and-nights-remains-to-the-beginning-of-spring-it-was-a-festivity-to-honor-fire-and-to-defeat-the-forces-of-darkness-frost-and-cold-photo-by-mazyar-asadipacific-press-credit-pacific-press-agencyalamy-live-news-image341877311.html?pv=1&stamp=2&imageid=A28FE59E-8D4F-4F58-9CFA-3C5DE2F3C380&p=199534&n=394&orientation=0&pn=1&searchtype=0&IsFromSearch=1&srch=foo%3Dbar%26st%3D0%26sortby%3D2%26qt%3DIran%2 520zoroastrians%26qt_raw%3DIran%2520zoroastrians%2 6qn%3D%26lic%3D3%26edrf%3D0%26mr%3D0%26pr%3D0%26ao a%3D1%26creative%3D%26videos%3D%26nu%3D%26ccc%3D%2 6bespoke%3D%26apalib%3D%26ag%3D0%26hc%3D0%26et%3D0 x000000000000000000000%26vp%3D0%26loc%3D0%26ot%3D0 %26imgt%3D0%26dtfr%3D%26dtto%3D%26size%3D0xFF%26bl ackwhite%3D%26cutout%3D%26archive%3D1%26name%3D%26 groupid%3D%26pseudoid%3D%26userid%3D%26id%3D%26a%3 D%26xstx%3D0%26cbstore%3D0%26resultview%3DsortbyPo pular%26lightbox%3D%26gname%3D%26gtype%3D%26apalic %3D%26tbar%3D1%26pc%3D%26simid%3D%26cap%3D1%26cust omgeoip%3D%26vd%3D0%26cid%3D%26pe%3D%26so%3D%26lb% 3D%26pl%3D0%26plno%3D%26fi%3D0%26langcode%3Den%26u pl%3D0%26cufr%3D%26cuto%3D%26howler%3D%26cvrem%3D0 %26cvtype%3D0%26cvloc%3D0%26cl%3D0%26upfr%3D%26upt o%3D%26primcat%3D%26seccat%3D%26cvcategory%3D*%26r estriction%3D%26random%3D%26ispremium%3D1%26flip%3 D0%26contributorqt%3D%26plgalleryno%3D%26plpublic% 3D0%26viewaspublic%3D0%26isplcurate%3D0%26imageurl %3D%26saveQry%3D%26editorial%3D1%26t%3D0%26filters %3D0

Randommembr
12-14-2020, 07:24 PM
Their features are super middle Eastern. Lighting is bad and some are farmers . They would stick out in Punjab let alone the rest of India . Some could pass like turbo mentioned .

Amritsar Punjab , northwest India

https://youtu.be/4n4oOiU1BC8

Of course. Even when bald and bankrupt walks through Mumbai, people don't really question his identity and some assume he is Kashmiri or from the north when he speaks in Hindi. Passing is a lot more fluid than people believe.

Why must everything be about skin color? These are 70s style cameras with horrible lighting. Look at any Bond movie and look how brown those actors look too.

But anyways like I said, why must everything be about skin color? Their features resemble a lot my Iranian Zoroastrian relatives. I knew these people too in Iran. I could have cherrypicked all the light skinned people in the videos like some people like Jattsychtin do, but that's honestly so disgusting to do imo. Reeks of OWD. So I chose to show them all.
What percent do you think look Arab/would pass in Arabian countries or Turkey? Even the mixed ones look middle eastern Arab/Turk looking and not mixed with Indian.

Some Iran looking indivuals (most if not all of them in the videos are):
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EcLpdk-HouQ
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz7-Dxp4MLo
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WcPJ45xCZq8

Notice the common features. The same features I see on the daily with Parsis. Thin, white-people like lips, medium sized brown eyes, large ears. I can't really explain it, but I can easily pinpoint a Parsi in a crowd of people in India and with Iranians and Iranian Zoroastrians it's even more so (for obvious reasons).

This guy easily passes as North African Egyptian almost:

Turkish mixture?

Slight Indian vibe:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fts_0kCXnjA

In conclusion, I really so no place they'd best fit in but central Iran.

Since some people complained that I only used old people (like wtf), here are some younger crowds of Iranian Zoroastrians!

https://www.alamy.com/zoroastrians-hold-hands-as-they-walk-around-the-fire-during-a-ceremony-called-sadeh-in-shahriyar-west-of-the-capital-tehran-iran-on-january-30-2012-sadeh-in-persian-means-hundred-which-refers-to-one-hundred-days-and-nights-left-to-the-beginning-of-the-new-persian-year-that-is-celebrated-on-the-first-day-of-spring-in-march-upimaryam-rahmanian-image258361356.html?pv=1&stamp=2&imageid=E3E58407-026C-4274-89B7-856B99EFB23C&p=852188&n=261&orientation=0&pn=1&searchtype=0&IsFromSearch=1&srch=foo%3Dbar%26st%3D0%26sortby%3D2%26qt%3DIran%2 520zoroastrians%26qt_raw%3DIran%2520zoroastrians%2 6qn%3D%26lic%3D3%26edrf%3D0%26mr%3D0%26pr%3D0%26ao a%3D1%26creative%3D%26videos%3D%26nu%3D%26ccc%3D%2 6bespoke%3D%26apalib%3D%26ag%3D0%26hc%3D0%26et%3D0 x000000000000000000000%26vp%3D0%26loc%3D0%26ot%3D0 %26imgt%3D0%26dtfr%3D%26dtto%3D%26size%3D0xFF%26bl ackwhite%3D%26cutout%3D%26archive%3D1%26name%3D%26 groupid%3D%26pseudoid%3D%26userid%3D%26id%3D%26a%3 D%26xstx%3D0%26cbstore%3D0%26resultview%3DsortbyPo pular%26lightbox%3D%26gname%3D%26gtype%3D%26apalic %3D%26tbar%3D1%26pc%3D%26simid%3D%26cap%3D1%26cust omgeoip%3D%26vd%3D0%26cid%3D%26pe%3D%26so%3D%26lb% 3D%26pl%3D0%26plno%3D%26fi%3D0%26langcode%3Den%26u pl%3D0%26cufr%3D%26cuto%3D%26howler%3D%26cvrem%3D0 %26cvtype%3D0%26cvloc%3D0%26cl%3D0%26upfr%3D%26upt o%3D%26primcat%3D%26seccat%3D%26cvcategory%3D*%26r estriction%3D%26random%3D%26ispremium%3D1%26flip%3 D0%26contributorqt%3D%26plgalleryno%3D%26plpublic% 3D0%26viewaspublic%3D0%26isplcurate%3D0%26imageurl %3D%26saveQry%3D%26editorial%3D1%26t%3D0%26filters %3D0

https://www.alamy.com/tehran-iran-30th-jan-2020-sadeh-is-an-iranian-festival-that-observed-by-zoroastrians-celebrated-50-days-before-nowruz-sadeh-in-persian-means-hundred-and-refers-to-one-hundred-days-and-nights-remains-to-the-beginning-of-spring-it-was-a-festivity-to-honor-fire-and-to-defeat-the-forces-of-darkness-frost-and-cold-photo-by-mazyar-asadipacific-press-credit-pacific-press-agencyalamy-live-news-image341877311.html?
pv=

Negah
12-14-2020, 07:35 PM
There are northern lighter Iranians phenotypes present in the south too and vice versa.

No doubt. Very accurate,

You can't tell me with a straight face that you can distinguish someone who is from Kerman and Yazd very easily with someone who is from Tehran.

There are certain faces that more common in some cities. So a large group of 100 people from one city, I reckon that you might be able to but not always.

My point is: why bring up skin color? Why bring up their age? Their religion? Their features CLEARLY are different. These are ethnic Persians too. I'm actually hurt when people (not sure if it was you) commented that I I only showed 70-80-year-old Iranian Zoroastrians. That was the point of my post. There's nothing wrong with showing these people.

My intention was not to hurt you. If I did I am sorry. Skin Color comments are not originally from me. In fact, I don't give a damn about skin color.

Religion is not important at all. I am proud of Iran's Zoroastrian heritage. Check my comments on them.

Usually, 70-80-year-olds are not good to gauge the phenotype of a group. That was my point. Actually, I know you don't cherry-pick the photos that you post.

If you recall I did post some pictures of Zoroastrian Iranians in one other thread.

edit: I also mentioned to you in general Zoroastrians look more like people from Shiraz, Isfahan, Kerman, and Yazd. I am also partly from those regions. So your family and my family look similar. Also, that is where the Iranian culture has its genesis. That is the Persian core.

check this link on members of the Iranian parliament

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?268070-Members-Of-the-Iranian-Parliament

Negah
12-14-2020, 07:36 PM
---

Randommembr
12-14-2020, 07:44 PM
Zoroastrian Iranians look like what they are Persians from Kerman and Yazd. It is that simple.

The average user on these boards does not have the foggiest idea of what a Persian from Yazd or Kerman looks like.

What about the HUGE community (in terms of percentage) of Iranian Zoroastrians who live in Tehran? They certainly don't stick out at all!
https://www.alamy.com/zoroastrians-hold-hands-as-they-walk-around-the-fire-during-a-ceremony-called-sadeh-in-shahriyar-west-of-the-capital-tehran-iran-on-january-30-2012-sadeh-in-persian-means-hundred-which-refers-to-one-hundred-days-and-nights-left-to-the-beginning-of-the-new-persian-year-that-is-celebrated-on-the-first-day-of-spring-in-march-upimaryam-rahmanian-image258361356.html?

https://www.alamy.com/tehran-iran-30th-jan-2020-sadeh-is-an-iranian-festival-that-observed-by-zoroastrians-celebrated-50-days-before-nowruz-sadeh-in-persian-means-hundred-and-refers-to-one-hundred-days-and-nights-remains-to-the-beginning-of-spring-it-was-a-festivity-to-honor-fire-and-to-defeat-the-forces-of-darkness-frost-and-cold-photo-by-mazyar-asadipacific-press-credit-pacific-press-agencyalamy-live-news-image341877311.html?pv=1&stamp=2&imageid=A28FE59E-8D4F-4F58-9CFA-3C5DE2F3C380&p=199534&n=394&orientation=0&pn=1&searchtype=0&IsFromSearch=1&srch=foo%3Dbar%26st%3D0%26sortby%3D2%26qt%3DIran%2 520zoroastrians%26qt_raw%3DIran%2520zoroastrians%2 6qn%3D%26lic%3D3%26edrf%3D0%26mr%3D0%26pr%3D0%26ao a%3D1%26creative%3D%26videos%3D%26nu%3D%26ccc%3D%2 6bespoke%3D%26apalib%3D%26ag%3D0%26hc%3D0%26et%3D0 x000000000000000000000%26vp%3D0%26loc%3D0%26ot%3D0 %26imgt%3D0%26dtfr%3D%26dtto%3D%26size%3D0xFF%26bl ackwhite%3D%26cutout%3D%26archive%3D1%26name%3D%26 groupid%3D%26pseudoid%3D%26userid%3D%26id%3D%26a%3 D%26xstx%3D0%26cbstore%3D0%26resultview%3DsortbyPo pular%26lightbox%3D%26gname%3D%26gtype%3D%26apalic %3D%26tbar%3D1%26pc%3D%26simid%3D%26cap%3D1%26cust omgeoip%3D%26vd%3D0%26cid%3D%26pe%3D%26so%3D%26lb% 3D%26pl%3D0%26plno%3D%26fi%3D0%26langcode%3Den%26u pl%3D0%26cufr%3D%26cuto%3D%26howler%3D%26cvrem%3D0 %26cvtype%3D0%26cvloc%3D0%26cl%3D0%26upfr%3D%26upt o%3D%26primcat%3D%26seccat%3D%26cvcategory%3D*%26r estriction%3D%26random%3D%26ispremium%3D1%26flip%3 D0%26contributorqt%3D%26plgalleryno%3D%26plpublic% 3D0%26viewaspublic%3D0%26isplcurate%3D0%26imageurl %3D%26saveQry%3D%26editorial%3D1%26t%3D0%26filters %3D0
The priest is from Yazd and Kerman but it's hard to tell which one right? That's my point. It's impossible to look at a person and guess his region since there has been movement in Iran.

If the average white person or non Iranians sees these people as South Asian looking (which I really doubt most of them do), then so be it. I can clearly see the difference.

However, I'm really surprised you can tell the difference between Persians from regions. That shows a great eye to attention. Most of my Iranian friends can't even do that so great job!

Nice conversation!

Randommembr
12-14-2020, 07:46 PM
No doubt. Very accurate,

There are certain faces that more common in some cities. So a large group of 100 people from one city, I reckon that you might be able to but not always.

My intention was not to hurt you. If I did I am sorry. Skin Color comments are not originally from me. In fact, I don't give a damn about skin color.

Religion is not important at all. I am proud of Iran's Zoroastrian heritage. Check my comments on them.

Usually, 70-80-year-olds are not good to gauge the phenotype of a group. That was my point. Actually, I know you don't cherry-pick the photos that you post.

If you recall I did post some pictures of Zoroastrian Iranians in one other thread.

Sorry just saw this! Don't take my other comment too seriously haha.

You make the mistake of thinking present day Zoroastrianism is solely concentrated in particular regions. I posted some others here too in my previous comments! One of them is a random young crowd.

Sorry for being rude in my other comments.

Negah
12-14-2020, 07:54 PM
What about the HUGE community (in terms of percentage) of Iranian Zoroastrians who live in Tehran? They certainly don't stick out at all!
https://www.alamy.com/zoroastrians-hold-hands-as-they-walk-around-the-fire-during-a-ceremony-called-sadeh-in-shahriyar-west-of-the-capital-tehran-iran-on-january-30-2012-sadeh-in-persian-means-hundred-which-refers-to-one-hundred-days-and-nights-left-to-the-beginning-of-the-new-persian-year-that-is-celebrated-on-the-first-day-of-spring-in-march-upimaryam-rahmanian-image258361356.html?

The priest is from Yazd and Kerman but it's hard to tell which one right? That's my point. It's impossible to look at a person and guess his region since there has been movement in Iran.

If the average white person or non Iranians sees these people as South Asian looking (which I really doubt most of them do), then so be it. I can clearly see the difference.

However, I'm really surprised you can tell the difference between Persians from regions. That shows a great eye to attention. Most of my Iranian friends can't even do that so great job!

Nice conversation!

A lot of Zoroastrians in Tehran or Shiraz or Isfahan are partly Kermani or Yazdi and have roots in those cities before migrating. So it may be more complex.

However, Again as you stated there is an overlap between north and south.

Negah
12-14-2020, 08:04 PM
she is an Iranian Zoroastrian

https://iranwire.com/media/filer_public_thumbnails/filer_public/bb/dd/bbddae6a-0ff8-469e-9def-7238fdcc1b77/mahshad1.png__930x510_q85_box-0%2C0%2C1078%2C556_crop_subsampling-2_upscale.png

Avicenna
12-14-2020, 08:38 PM
Of course. Even when bald and bankrupt walks through Mumbai, people don't really question his identity and some assume he is Kashmiri or from the north when he speaks in Hindi. Passing is a lot more fluid than people believe.

Why must everything be about skin color? These are 70s style cameras with horrible lighting. Look at any Bond movie and look how brown those actors look too.

But anyways like I said, why must everything be about skin color? Their features resemble a lot my Iranian Zoroastrian relatives. I knew these people too in Iran. I could have cherrypicked all the light skinned people in the videos like some people like Jattsychtin do, but that's honestly so disgusting to do imo. Reeks of OWD. So I chose to show them all.
What percent do you think look Arab/would pass in Arabian countries or Turkey? Even the mixed ones look middle eastern Arab/Turk looking and not mixed with Indian.

Some Iran looking indivuals (most if not all of them in the videos are):
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EcLpdk-HouQ
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz7-Dxp4MLo
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WcPJ45xCZq8

Notice the common features. The same features I see on the daily with Parsis. Thin, white-people like lips, medium sized brown eyes, large ears. I can't really explain it, but I can easily pinpoint a Parsi in a crowd of people in India and with Iranians and Iranian Zoroastrians it's even more so (for obvious reasons).

This guy easily passes as North African Egyptian almost:

Turkish mixture?

Slight Indian vibe:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fts_0kCXnjA

In conclusion, I really so no place they'd best fit in but central Iran.

Since some people complained that I only used old people (like wtf), here are some younger crowds of Iranian Zoroastrians!

https://www.alamy.com/tehran-iran-30th-jan-2020-sadeh-is-an-iranian-festival-that-observed-by-zoroastrians-celebrated-50-days-before-nowruz-sadeh-in-persian-means-hundred-and-refers-to-one-hundred-days-and-nights-remains-to-the-beginning-of-spring-it-was-a-festivity-to-honor-fire-and-to-defeat-the-forces-of-darkness-frost-and-cold-photo-by-mazyar-asadipacific-press-credit-pacific-press-agencyalamy-live-news-image341877311.html?
pv=

They look no different to mainstream Iranians especially Persians ( that's what they are ).; Btw are those people in video from Iran or Parsis ? Their facial features scream Iranian / west Asian . Alot of them could easily pass as Kurds , Turks , levantines , afghans and some in Pakistan/ even Southern Europe ,Balkans .

Randommembr
12-14-2020, 08:50 PM

https://iranwire.com/media/filer_public_thumbnails/filer_public/bb/dd/bbddae6a-0ff8-469e-9def-7238fdcc1b77/mahshad1.png__930x510_q85_box-0%2C0%2C1078%2C556_crop_subsampling-2_upscale.png

Yup. She's Iranian Zoroastrian??? I knew it. Looked a bit more exotic than a regular Parsi. I just knew she was Zoroastrian.

That's Mashhad khosroyani right? Ive spoken to her many times in Toronto (where I live). you said that I was lying about being Parsi (I think it was you not sure), do this should pretty much be proof that I'm not.

A color picture would be better for other users, but I already know what she looks like in person haha.

Randommembr
12-14-2020, 08:51 PM

Yup. She's Iranian Zoroastrian??? I knew it. Looked a bit more exotic than a regular Parsi. I just knew she was Zoroastrian.

That's Mashhad khosroyani right? Ive spoken to her many times in Toronto (where I live). you said that I was lying about being Parsi (I think it was you not sure), do this should pretty much be proof that I'm not.

A color picture would be better for other users, but I already know what she looks like in person haha.

Trouble
12-14-2020, 08:52 PM
All Iranians descend from Zoroastrians. And the Zoroastrian diaspora comes from all regions of Iran. Just because the few remaining Zoroastrians live in Yazd doesn’t mean they all come from there.

Randommembr
12-14-2020, 09:30 PM
They look no different to mainstream Iranians especially Persians ( that's what they are ).; Btw are those people in video from Iran or Parsis ? Their facial features scream Iranian / west Asian . Alot of them could easily pass as Kurds , Turks , levantines , afghans and some in Pakistan/ even Southern Europe ,Balkans .

They are Iranian Zoroastrians.

About 45 percent of Parsis really look no different from a standard Iran - Gujarat mix. 15 percent look..."weird ". I remember when I posted some in the other thread you accused me of cherrypicking haha. It's just that they look almost like pseudo Jews and European explorers noted this too. Jamshyd Godrej, Adi Godrej, Farrokh Bulsara etc would fit this group.

The rest straight up look Gujju/Punjabi with ancient Persian admix. Zubin Mehta, Ratan Tata for example.

Irani Zoroastrians (not to be confused with Iranian) are different. They came in the last 300 years. They usually look Persian. Boman Kohinoor is an example as in Boman Irani (most Iranis have Irani as their last name).

Parsis have mixed with Hindus and increasingly so with Iranis (even I am 1/8th Irani)so many mainstream Parsis you see are
not always "pure" John Abraham is an example.

Now do you finally realise why I tell people not to trust google images? It's because people can't even tell the distinction between a Parsi and Hindu sometimes (culture wise not looks) let alone a Parsi and Irani lmao.

I'm going to post parsis I personally know now. No cherrypicking just regular Parsis/Iranis/ Iranian Zoroastrians so you can tell the distinction.

Irani Zoroastrians
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boman_Irani
Boman Irani

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.mid-day.com/amp/articles/mumbais-iconic-restaurant-britannia--cos-partner-boman-kohinoor-passes-away-at-97/21800201
Boman Kohinoor (has Parsi admixture as well). I used to dine at his cafe everytime when I was in India haha.

Parsis:
https://www.alamy.com/parsi-men-image281304988.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.mid-day.com/amp/articles/parsi-priest-and-guru-to-many-vada-dastoorji-passes-away/17374180

https://www.google.com/search?q=ardavan+taraporewala&client=ms-android-google&prmd=nisv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwizku-HwM7tAhVaVs0KHYQVD3YQ_AUoAnoECAMQAg&biw=393&bih=698
I know him. . Matter of fact I met him personally a few days back. Didn't know he'd be on google but I saw him on the news.
https://besharamagazine.org/metaphysics-spirituality/the-zoroastrian-flame/

https://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/news-photo/to-go-with-afp-story-pakistan-unrest-religion-minorities-news-photo/486412332
I grew up in Pakistan so I know these people too since I prayed here. I didn't just want to use Indian Parsis so used Pakistani too.

I'm not going to post more. I already did a whole reply on my Afghan thread to you. My picture is posted too. Along with videos etc.

Iranian Zoroastrians.
This sub is filled with examples. Neha posted Mahsad Khosroyani the first female Zoroastrian priest who lives in Toronto and I've spoken to her before. The fact that I know her name just from the picture posted should prove to you im not lying about this or larping in any way.
Anyways here's another example
https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-the-last-zoroastrian-priest-who-buried-the-bodies-according-to-the-23852764.html?

I used all ages in my examples.

I hope this helped you learn the distinction between Parsis , Iranis and Iranian Zoroastrians. If you have any questions, just ask me. Can you tell the difference in appearance between the groups? Where would they pass.

Enough of appearance though.
, the language spoken in some of the videos in Zoroastrian Dari. Distinct from the Dari you speak as an Afghan and distinct from Farsi.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VNhB6Ii56Mk
Here's what Zoroastrian Dari mixed with Afghan Dari/Farsi sounds like haha.

Randommembr
12-14-2020, 09:32 PM
All Iranians descend from Zoroastrians. And the Zoroastrian diaspora comes from all regions of Iran. Just because the few remaining Zoroastrians live in Yazd doesn’t mean they all come from there.

EXACTLY. That's what I've been trying to explain to others. There are communities in Tehran and elsewhere too.

Avicenna
12-14-2020, 10:33 PM
They are Iranian Zoroastrians.

About 45 percent of Parsis really look no different from a standard Iran - Gujarat mix. 15 percent look..."weird ". I remember when I posted some in the other thread you accused me of cherrypicking haha. It's just that they look almost like pseudo Jews and European explorers noted this too. Jamshyd Godrej, Adi Godrej, Farrokh Bulsara etc would fit this group.

The rest straight up look Gujju/Punjabi with ancient Persian admix. Zubin Mehta, Ratan Tata for example.

Irani Zoroastrians (not to be confused with Iranian) are different. They came in the last 300 years. They usually look Persian. Boman Kohinoor is an example as in Boman Irani (most Iranis have Irani as their last name).

Parsis have mixed with Hindus and increasingly so with Iranis (even I am 1/8th Irani)so many mainstream Parsis you see are
not always "pure" John Abraham is an example.

Now do you finally realise why I tell people not to trust google images?It's because people can't even tell the distinction between a Parsi and Hindu sometimes (culture wise not looks) let alone a Parsi and Irani lmao.

I'm going to post parsis I personally know now. No cherrypicking just regular Parsis/Iranis/ Iranian Zoroastrians so you can tell the distinction.

Irani Zoroastrians
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boman_Irani
Boman Irani

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.mid-day.com/amp/articles/mumbais-iconic-restaurant-britannia--cos-partner-boman-kohinoor-passes-away-at-97/21800201
Boman Kohinoor (has Parsi admixture as well). I used to dine at his cafe everytime when I was in India haha.

Parsis:
https://www.alamy.com/parsi-men-image281304988.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.mid-day.com/amp/articles/parsi-priest-and-guru-to-many-vada-dastoorji-passes-away/17374180

https://www.google.com/search?q=ardavan+taraporewala&client=ms-android-google&prmd=nisv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwizku-HwM7tAhVaVs0KHYQVD3YQ_AUoAnoECAMQAg&biw=393&bih=698
I know him. . Matter of fact I met him personally a few days back. Didn't know he'd be on google but I saw him on the news.
https://besharamagazine.org/metaphysics-spirituality/the-zoroastrian-flame/

https://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/news-photo/to-go-with-afp-story-pakistan-unrest-religion-minorities-news-photo/486412332
I grew up in Pakistan so I know these people too since I prayed here. I didn't just want to use Indian Parsis so used Pakistani too.

I'm not going to post more. I already did a whole reply on my Afghan thread to you. My picture is posted too. Along with videos etc.

Iranian Zoroastrians.
This sub is filled with examples. Neha posted Mahsad Khosroyani the first female Zoroastrian priest who lives in Toronto and I've spoken to her before. The fact that I know her name just from the picture posted should prove to you im not lying about this or larping in any way.
Anyways here's another example
https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-the-last-zoroastrian-priest-who-buried-the-bodies-according-to-the-23852764.html?

I used all ages in my examples.

I hope this helped you learn the distinction between Parsis , Iranis and Iranian Zoroastrians. If you have any questions, just ask me. Can you tell the difference in appearance between the groups? Where would they pass.

Enough of appearance though.
, the language spoken in some of the videos in Zoroastrian Dari. Distinct from the Dari you speak as an Afghan and distinct from Farsi.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VNhB6Ii56Mk
Here's what Zoroastrian Dari mixed with Afghan Dari/Farsi sounds like haha.

I hope you apply that logic to afghans too lol, many of the pictures on Google images arent accurate since it's mostly crowd photos of multi ethnic society on a hot summers day with bad lighting from miles away

I'm regards to the video I understand a little of what the lady is saying haha , sounds familiar and not so much at the same time .

Randommembr
12-14-2020, 10:42 PM
I hope you apply that logic to afghans too lol, many of the pictures on Google images arent accurate since it's mostly crowd photos of multi ethnic society on a hot summers day with bad lighting from miles away

I'm regards to the video I understand a little of what the lady is saying haha , sounds familiar and not so much at the same time .

Yup. I'm sorry. I apply the same logic to Afghans now too. I only link articles though not google images now(and I have been doing the same for some time).

Can you see their appearance and tell their distinction?

Also, the language Zoroastrians speak has been called Dari often too. Do you know the meaning of this word?

Randommembr
12-14-2020, 10:44 PM

Yup. I'm sorry. I apply the same logic to Afghans now too. I only link articles though not google images now(and I have been doing the same for some time).

Also, the language Zoroastrians speak has been called Dari often too. Do you know the meaning of this word?

Avicenna
12-14-2020, 11:06 PM

I thought dari just mean afghan Farsi? I've read and heard that the dialect we afghans speak of Farsi is actually the more " original " one ? .

turbosat
12-14-2020, 11:42 PM

How many Indian posters here said Iranians look like South Asians? Can you give their ids?
Jattscythian is Pakistani I think. Cant remember for sure.

How many Iranian Zoroastrians are there? Those who openly identify as Zoroastrians not hidden ones.

Wiki Zoroastrians in Iran - Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrians_in_Iran#:~:text=Zoroastrians%20are%20 the%20oldest%20religious,the%20country%20as%20of%2 02011.)
Zoroastrians (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrianism) are the oldest religious community of Iran (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran). Prior to the Muslim conquest of Persia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquest_of_Persia), Zoroastrianism (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrianism) was the primary religion of the Persian Empire (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_Empire).
According to the country's official census, there were 25,271 Zoroastrians within the country as of 2011.[1] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrians_in_Iran#cite_note-1)[2] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrians_in_Iran#cite_note-2) However, a June 2020 online survey found a much larger percentage of Iranians identify as Zoroastrians, the poll, conducted by the Netherlands (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netherlands)-based GAMAAN (Group for Analyzing and Measuring Attitudes in Iran), using online polling to provide greater anonymity for respondents, surveyed 50,000 Iranians and found 7.7% identify as Zoroastrians (which is about 6.4 million people).

Safavid dynasty
The Shiite Safavid dynasty (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safavid_dynasty) destroyed what was once a vibrant community of Zoroastrians. As per official policy, Safavids wanted everyone to convert to the Shia sect of Islam and killed hundreds of thousands of Zoroastrians and other minorities when they refused.[15] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrians_in_Iran#cite_note-15)
The majority of Zoroastrians also left for India though about 20% remained, most of whom had to migrate in the late 19th century as the Qajar dynasty imposed greater restrictions on them.

Qajar dynasty

During the Qajar Dynasty (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qajar_Dynasty), religious persecution of the Zoroastrians was rampant. Due to the increasing contacts with influential Parsi (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parsi_people) philanthropists such as Maneckji Limji Hataria (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maneckji_Limji_Hataria), many Zoroastrians left Iran for India. There, they formed the second major Indian Zoroastrian community known as the Iranis (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irani_(India)).

Randommembr
12-14-2020, 11:56 PM
How many Indian posters here said Iranians look like South Asians? Can you give their ids?
Jattscythian is Pakistani I think. Cant remember for sure.

How many Iranian Zoroastrians are there? Those who openly identify as Zoroastrians not hidden ones.

Wiki Zoroastrians in Iran - Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrians_in_Iran#:~:text=Zoroastrians%20are%20 the%20oldest%20religious,the%20country%20as%20of%2 02011.)
Zoroastrians (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrianism) are the oldest religious community of Iran (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran). Prior to the Muslim conquest of Persia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquest_of_Persia), Zoroastrianism (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrianism) was the primary religion of the Persian Empire (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_Empire).
According to the country's official census, there were 25,271 Zoroastrians within the country as of 2011.[1] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrians_in_Iran#cite_note-1)[2] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrians_in_Iran#cite_note-2) However, a June 2020 online survey found a much larger percentage of Iranians identify as Zoroastrians, the poll, conducted by the Netherlands (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netherlands)-based GAMAAN (Group for Analyzing and Measuring Attitudes in Iran), using online polling to provide greater anonymity for respondents, surveyed 50,000 Iranians and found 7.7% identify as Zoroastrians (which is about 6.4 million people).

Safavid dynasty
The Shiite Safavid dynasty (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safavid_dynasty) destroyed what was once a vibrant community of Zoroastrians. As per official policy, Safavids wanted everyone to convert to the Shia sect of Islam and killed hundreds of thousands of Zoroastrians and other minorities when they refused.[15] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrians_in_Iran#cite_note-15)
The majority of Zoroastrians also left for India though about 20% remained, most of whom had to migrate in the late 19th century as the Qajar dynasty imposed greater restrictions on them.

Qajar dynasty

During the Qajar Dynasty (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qajar_Dynasty), religious persecution of the Zoroastrians was rampant. Due to the increasing contacts with influential Parsi (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parsi_people) philanthropists such as Maneckji Limji Hataria (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maneckji_Limji_Hataria), many Zoroastrians left Iran for India. There, they formed the second major Indian Zoroastrian community known as the Iranis (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irani_(India)).

Um okay... I knew this. You're point? Thanks for the info I guess...

Randommembr
12-14-2020, 11:59 PM
I thought dari just mean afghan Farsi? I've read and heard that the dialect we afghans speak of Farsi is actually the more " original " one ? .

Yes lmao. Dari means the Farsi spoken in Afghanistan. Dari, Farsi is the same language.

Zoroastrian Dari is different altogether but has the same name as the Afghan language.

I think Dari was named as such in Afghanistan because of political reasons. Dari comes from Darbar meaning the language of the courts.

I don't know why Zoroastrian Dari is called so, but it has the same name so it piqued my interest.

Hashoeva
12-15-2020, 12:41 AM
Iranians look most similar to their (neighbour) Arabs. I have watched some nice Iranian Islamic tv series about the prophets like the one about prophet Yusuf out of interests which is very popular among all Muslims. But there are some Iranians who look similar like Pakistanis for sure.

Randommembr
12-15-2020, 01:04 AM
Iranians look most similar to their (neighbour) Arabs. I have watched some nice Iranian Islamic tv series about the prophets like the one about prophet Yusuf out of interests which is very popular among all Muslims. But there are some Iranians who look similar like Pakistanis for sure.

Because almost half of Pakistan is Iranic........ Lmao.

Some Iraqi Arabs (a lot) are mostly Persian genetically.

I think most (more than half) Iranians look like Iranians. Not like Arabs, not like Pakistanis but like Iranians. Obviously there is overlap for some indivuals. Would you agree?

Kamal900
12-15-2020, 01:30 AM
IMO Iranians look like Iranians. Not like Indic South Asians, not like Arabs but like Iranians. There's obviously some overlap though.

Your uncle looks a lot like the Zoroastrians in the video and other Persians / Parsis I've seen. I can see a dash of South Asian in the nose for sure.
I wouldn't guess him as Levantine. Dad looks much more Levantine than he does Persian.

In this picture he does, but in other pictures, he looks pretty Persian to me:
https://i.ibb.co/K0vcGBK/DSCF0004.jpg

He looks pretty similar to this Iranian man, except that he's Alpinized:
https://i.ibb.co/f8pZdBv/da85bbcd8977927dcdf5ee29419abf60.jpg

The reason for this is pretty simple; admixtures with the migrants coming from the Zagros mountains for many centuries:
https://www.cell.com/cell/pdf/S0092-8674(20)30487-6.pdf

Randommembr
12-15-2020, 02:13 AM
Bump

Avicenna
12-15-2020, 07:11 AM
That programme is so damn good lol. But if you've noticed Alot of of afro Iranians , southern Iranians had been casted to play the role of Egyptians .

turbosat
12-15-2020, 08:07 AM
Um okay... I knew this. You're point? Thanks for the info I guess...

You ignored my questions. You do this often I noticed.

QUESTION to @Azbuzz:

Refer to your first post and title of thread:

Iranians look almost completely like Indians

https://m.youtube.com/c/KouroshNikna...joIKHYeFAkA%3D (https://m.youtube.com/c/KouroshNiknam/videos?disable_polymer=true&itct=CBMQ8JMBGAEiEwjl2IPipcrtAhWPjoIKHYeFAkA%3D)

Randommembr
12-15-2020, 11:50 AM

Negah
12-16-2020, 06:13 PM

Yes, technically this is true since during the Sassanid period most Iranians were Zoroastrians; however, many of the Zoroastrians that live in Tehran, Isfahan, Kermanshah, and Shiraz today ( cities that you have Zorostartians in Iran today in addition to Yazd and Kerman) are originally from Yazd and Kerman.

So a Tehrani Zoroastain may be only living in Tehran for the last few generations but the family originally came from Yazd.

The history of Zoroastrians is complex.

Also, since the Islamization of Iran 200-300 after the conquest of the Arabs, they have vehemently endogamous.

Also, as I have stated depending on the central governments in Iran from time to time you have had forced conversion of them into Islam. Many Yazidis and Kermanis are recent converts from the Zoroastrian religion. The Qajar Period was a dark period in Iran in many ways. ( the last two: the Pahlavis and the Islamic Republic the has not been forced conversion but many religious minorities have left Iran especially during the Islamic Republic, these two have been the continuation of that dark period in Iran's history)

Randommembr
12-16-2020, 07:37 PM
Yes, technically this is true since during the Sassanid period most Iranians were Zoroastrians; however, many of the Zoroastrians that live in Tehran, Isfahan, Kermanshah, and Shiraz today ( cities that you have Zorostartians in Iran today in addition to Yazd and Kerman) are originally from Yazd and Kerman.

So a Tehrani Zoroastain may be only living in Tehran for the last few generations but the family originally came from Yazd.

The history of Zoroastrians is complex.

Also, since the Islamization of Iran 200-300 after the conquest of the Arabs, they have vehemently endogamous.

Also, as I have stated depending on the central governments in Iran from time to time you have had forced conversion of them into Islam. Many Yazidis and Kermanis are recent converts from the Zoroastrian religion. The Qajar Period was a dark period in Iran in many ways. ( the last two: the Pahlavis and the Islamic Republic the has not been forced conversion but many religious minorities have left Iran especially during the Islamic Republic, these two have been the continuation of that dark period in Iran's history)

Yup. Actually, even before the mass migration from Yazd and Kerman, there were 60 families in Tehran in the 1800s. 60 families out of 6000 Zoroastrians (as reported by the French consulate general in Iran ) is quite a sizeable portion.

Then there were those who live in the South like Fars or the North too.

I actually saw a large scale study where they said that while Iranian Zoroastrians were genetically unique, they found many of their Muslim samples were practically identical to Zoroastrian samples suggesting recent conversions.

Also, some of the Zoroastrian samples were also very similar to the Muslim samples again suggesting recent conversions.

Almost 10 percent of Iran self identifies as Zoroastrian too, so different genes again.

Not to mention, the Zoroastrian samples and the Muslim Persian samples deviated very very little in the first place. Almost the same exact genes.

Negah
12-19-2020, 11:38 AM
Yup. Actually, even before the mass migration from Yazd and Kerman, there were 60 families in Tehran in the 1800s. 60 families out of 6000 Zoroastrians (as reported by the French consulate general in Iran ) is quite a sizeable portion.

I actually saw a large scale study where they said that while Iranian Zoroastrians were genetically unique, they found many of their Muslim samples were practically identical to Zoroastrian samples suggesting recent conversions.

Also, some of the Zoroastrian samples were also very similar to the Muslim samples again suggesting recent conversions.

Almost 10 percent of Iran self identifies as Zoroastrian too, so different genes again.

Not to mention, the Zoroastrian samples and the Muslim Persian samples deviated very very little in the first place. Almost the same exact genes.

Well, there is a degree of disenchantment with the Islamic Republic regime and with it and there is a degree of abhorrence and disgust towards Islam within certain groups of Muslims in Iran. As I mentioned the Qajar, Pahlavi, and the Islamic Republic period represent a dark period in the history of Iran; therefore, some Iranians seek solace for the pre-Islamic period of Iran when Iran was a superpower under Achaemenid, Sassanid, and Parthian empires.

Also, Islam, today is in a midst of a dark period in its history. A lot of younger urban Iranians don't find it appealing.

Tehran before the 18th century had decayed and was not an important city in Iran. It was only after the rise of Agha Mohammad Khan Qajar that Tehran was made the capital of Iran and people from various parts of Iran flocked there. Therefore, the various communities in Tehran may have moved and formed there within the past 300-400 years.

Again I am not saying all Zoroastain Iranians are from Yazd or Kerman but many have roots from there regardless of their cities that they have lived in over the past 300-400 years.

Negah
12-23-2020, 02:08 PM

We don't know from where in Iran, the Zoroastrians in Yazd and Kerman settled. I think from the results that I have seen some Yazdi and Kermani Iranian are much more eastern shifted genetic wise than the Zoroastrian Iranians. If other members can verify this I would be grateful. That may be due to the settlement of Baloichis and Coastal Iranians and their mixture with religious Muslims in Iran.

Kyp
12-23-2020, 02:40 PM
We don't know from where in Iran, the Zoroastrians in Yazd and Kerman settled. I think from the results that I have seen some Yazdi and Kermani Iranian are much more eastern shifted genetic wise than the Zoroastrian Iranians. If other members can verify this I would be grateful. That may be due to the settlement of Baloichis and Coastal Iranians and their mixture with religious Muslims in Iran.

It's true. They don't seem to be particular eastern or southern shifted. But also not really homogenous.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?320083-Iranian-Zoroastrian-results-(new-average)

https://i.imgur.com/oYnST1K.jpg

Demhat
12-25-2020, 07:31 AM

Yep Dari is closer to Proto Persian than Iranian Farsi, even though the Persians from iran are the real genetic Persians, the irony. Similar thing happened with Greeks/Pontic Greeks.

Despite mainland Greeks being the real descend of ancient Greeks. The Pontic Greeks have preserved an older Greek dialect that is closer to ancient Greek.

Demhat
12-25-2020, 07:34 AM
Yes lmao. Dari means the Farsi spoken in Afghanistan. Dari, Farsi is the same language.

Zoroastrian Dari is different altogether but has the same name as the Afghan language.

I think Dari was named as such in Afghanistan because of political reasons. Dari comes from Darbar meaning the language of the courts.

I don't know why Zoroastrian Dari is called so, but it has the same name so it piqued my interest.

Zoroastrian Dari is a Northwest Iranic language and also called Bahdinani. Ironically Bahdinani is the name for Kurmanji Kurdish spoken in Iraqi Kurdistan. In the region of Bahdinan. Makes me wonder if not part of them are really descend from Kurds than OG Persians.

Demhat
12-25-2020, 07:44 AM
It's true. They don't seem to be particular eastern or southern shifted. But also not really homogenous.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?320083-Iranian-Zoroastrian-results-(new-average)

https://i.imgur.com/oYnST1K.jpg

With the exception of few outliers with slight difference, these results don't look particulary different from other Iranians, in the way Afro_Iranian or even Balochi samples differ.

Demhat
12-25-2020, 07:44 AM

I agree, my point wasn't that there is no overlap between South Asians and Iranians. There is, however people need to be able to understand the cause of this similarity. Everytime we see South Asians that resemble Iranians, it is South Asians that are especially more Middle Eastern featured.
The point is the similarity is based on looks that is more common/typical for Iranians. Also some people seem to have hard time to identify South Asian features, beside being very old and darker pigmented, I don't see any features that would qualify the individuals as "more South Asian" shifted. Contrary some of the individuals show weirdly more Arabian like features to me.

Just because I can pass as an "Arab, Turk, Iranian" or whatever it doesn't mean I possess more specific features that compared to the average shifts me that way.

aherne
12-25-2020, 02:49 PM
They are two different races: there is only minor overlap between the two, but even in Pakistan where they live side by side there's a sharp difference between Punjabis and Pashtuns especially among middle/lower castes (Punjabi Christians, f dalit descent, are extremely different from Persians)

Kamal900
12-25-2020, 02:55 PM
I agree, my point wasn't that there is no overlap between South Asians and Iranians. There is, however people need to be able to understand the cause of this similarity. Everytime we see South Asians that resemble Iranians, it is South Asians that are especially more Middle Eastern featured.
The point is the similarity is based on looks that is more common/typical for Iranians. Also some people seem to have hard time to identify South Asian features, beside being very old and darker pigmented, I don't see any features that would qualify the individuals as "more South Asian" shifted. Contrary some of the individuals show weirdly more Arabian like features to me.

Just because I can pass as an "Arab, Turk, Iranian" or whatever it doesn't mean I possess more specific features that compared to the average shifts me that way.

Indeed, and certain South Asian groups have more West Asian ancestry than others. My father looks like an achaemenid Persian warrior, rofl:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/80/e5/42/80e542adf21e558cbf2ee6de850fa77c.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/K0vcGBK/DSCF0004.jpg

Like this Persian man:
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-068953f3cc471162c813319d1cd9fbc3.webp

As I said before, there had been immigration from the Zagros mountains of Iran and the Caucasus region as well as from Anatolia to the Levant since at least the late Neolithic periods and so on, and both Iranians and Levantines are genetically West Asiatics with the former being North-West Asiatics like Turks, Kurds, Georgians and etc while the latter is in between South-West and North-West Asiatic clusters.

Mejgusu
12-25-2020, 03:14 PM
No, it seems the OP never saw Iranians or Indians.

Randommembr
01-30-2021, 07:13 PM

LorenzoSpitaleri
01-30-2021, 07:16 PM
Iranid people physically look more mediterranid than orientalid imo

Randommembr
01-30-2021, 10:14 PM
Iranid people physically look more mediterranid than orientalid imo

I think they usually look like Afghans and Turks, Caucaisans or certain Pakistanis the most(though still distinct). That makes sense because they border these countries. Overall, Iranians look like Iranians and unique to their neighbors too.

Chocolate_Hound
03-12-2022, 02:30 AM
Well Persians are Indo-Europeans so they are lingustically closer to South Asians than they are to Arabs. Aside from Islam, they are quite different from Semitics.

aherne
03-12-2022, 05:17 AM
Saw a video of someone visiting Southern Iran. There is surprisingly high overlap of Northern Indians with Baloch people, but not much more. Persians look very different...

Gamaliel
07-08-2022, 01:00 AM
No, no, no.

Sometimes, even Persians can pass as Indian from being swarthier or an interesting clash of phenotypes. There is minor overlap since Iranid and East Iranid phenotypes can be found in India, and Indians can display Iranid or Pontid phenotypes predominantly from interesting genetic combinations. Otherwise, no. Iran has a lot of diversity.

Indians (Northwesterners) can sometimes pass as Persian since they have Iranid phenotype without much conflict with the Indian. Otherwise, you can always distinguish them even though many Northwest Indians are Europoid (like Persians) with their own distinct features.

This forum "whitewashes" Parsis far too much. I know Parsis, I am related to them myself, and they have notable Indo Brachid influence and many of them look fully Indian (albeit with lighter skin).

Melonman
07-08-2022, 01:59 AM
No, no, no.

Sometimes, even Persians can pass as Indian from being swarthier or an interesting clash of phenotypes. There is minor overlap since Iranid and East Iranid phenotypes can be found in India, and Indians can display Iranid or Pontid phenotypes predominantly from interesting genetic combinations. Otherwise, no. Iran has a lot of diversity.

Indians (Northwesterners) can sometimes pass as Persian since they have Iranid phenotype without much conflict with the Indian. Otherwise, you can always distinguish them even though many Northwest Indians are Europoid (like Persians) with their own distinct features.

This forum "whitewashes" Parsis far too much. I know Parsis, I am related to them myself, and they have notable Indo Brachid influence and many of them look fully Indian (albeit with lighter skin).

are you talking about parsis as in zoroastrians from india?

if you are, thats because theyre largely indian. actual indian, not some ancient shit. most of them got around 20-30 percent gujarati in them.

Gamaliel
07-08-2022, 02:23 AM
are you talking about parsis as in zoroastrians from india?

if you are, thats because theyre largely indian. actual indian, not some ancient shit. most of them got around 20-30 percent gujarati in them.

Yes they are... they mixed with upper castes so true they have light skin

Some of them do look more Iranic and even Pontid, that is a miniscule minority however. Most look nothing like that.