PDA

View Full Version : Why don't Finland capture Karelia?

LorD NooB
12-14-2020, 05:29 PM
Why don't Finland capture Karelia and adjacent territories to build the Greater Finland?

Rumata
12-14-2020, 05:44 PM
This forum doesn't have any top tier globalists to reply this question.

Harkonnen
12-14-2020, 05:45 PM
Because I'm starting to think the real enemy is somewhere else.

sean
12-14-2020, 05:54 PM
Because there's no Finns, Veps or Karelians left there. Karelians don't even make up the majority, they're less than 100k in that region, they scattered into Finland during jatkosota. No one there has Finnish identity anymore. The Finns do not want it back, the Russians have been there so long the place has been fucked with commieblocks and AIDS. Once the russkies steal somewhere they wreck it lel.

Shitty soviet infrastructure (compare pictures of modern day Petroskoi or Sortavala to those of Joensuu), polluted ecosystem and the Russian population (around 350k, who'll never assimilate), they would end up in a situation similar to Ukraine and the Baltic countries with large Russian minorities, and then have a huge wealth inequality in the country. Karelia, Salla, Petsamo are not ethnically Finnish anymore, totally destroyed/neglected, and have no strategic value to Finland, unless with Petsamo they wanted an Arctic port.

XenophobicPrussian
12-14-2020, 05:58 PM
Why don't Finland capture Karelia and adjacent territories to build the Greater Finland?
because there's some sane people left in SW Finland. Eastern Finland has enough Harkonnens as it is.

Also, because Russia has something like 28x more people. They managed to do very well in a defensive war during WW2 when the Soviets had multiple fronts, but probably wouldn't have been able to last much longer.

Rumata
12-14-2020, 06:03 PM
sean, well we lost 30 years ago. And you only got richer by that.

Now both you and us near the concentration camp-like future at a similar pace, so your outbursts look really pathetic.

Ülev
12-14-2020, 06:06 PM
https://youtu.be/W8ezef7jeTs

Zeno
12-15-2020, 08:25 PM
Because they're not Finnish anymore and it's of no value to the Finns in the first place.

Also, your profile says Komi. Komi beautis or never happened

LorD NooB
12-22-2020, 09:08 AM
Because they're not Finnish anymore and it's of no value to the Finns in the first place.

Also, your profile says Komi. Komi beautis or never happened

Yes Komi, but I am predominantly Slavic. Don't you know that Komi people look almost same to ethnic Russians?

Östsvensk
12-22-2020, 09:29 AM
because there's some sane people left in SW Finland. Eastern Finland has enough Harkonnens as it is.

Also, because Russia has something like 28x more people. They managed to do very well in a defensive war during WW2 when the Soviets had multiple fronts, but probably wouldn't have been able to last much longer.

According to Kominstoravalta (spelling, his name sounds a tad like broken immigrant Swedish), Helsinki was largely colonized by Eastern Finnish settlers and its Finnish-speaking population should shift more toward the eastern cluster. Finland Proper, further west, has too had a lot of Karelian re-settlements in the past 100 years. Some Finns claim the notion that most of them are Western Finns, but the claim is sometimes challenged. ;)

Politically, however, it seems that SW Finns like to challenge Swedes in PC and wokeness.

Lemminkäinen
12-22-2020, 09:43 AM
I beg your pardon, Karelia is only a shit hole today. Our plan is to free the home land of all Uralic people in Siberia and it is already on the planning board. For now I say only that all Finno-Ugric will unite and Mr. Putin, being a great FU in his black heart, has been a part of the plan.

Lemminkäinen
12-22-2020, 09:47 AM
According to Kominstoravalta (spelling, his name sounds a tad like broken immigrant Swedish), Helsinki was largely colonized by Eastern Finnish settlers and its Finnish-speaking population should shift more toward the eastern cluster. Finland Proper, further west, has too had a lot of Karelian re-settlements in the past 100 years. Some Finns claim the notion that most of them are Western Finns, but the claim is sometimes challenged. ;)

Politically, however, it seems that SW Finns like to challenge Swedes in PC and wokeness.

Southwest Finland is partly Karelian, it is true, but also partly West European. West Finns show several percentages more Atlantic admixture compared to Karelians. This means western admixture after the Iron Age.

Östsvensk
12-22-2020, 11:32 AM
Southwest Finland is partly Karelian, it is true, but also partly West European. West Finns show several percentages more Atlantic admixture compared to Karelians. This means western admixture after the Iron Age.

I don't dispute that SW Finns plot closer to NW Europe. Just that the capital is and that most Finns are genetically SW Finnish to the core. Only Turku and Pori fall in there IMHO.

LorD NooB
12-22-2020, 01:04 PM
I beg your pardon, Karelia is only a shit hole today. Our plan is to free the home land of all Uralic people in Siberia and it is already on the planning board. For now I say only that all Finno-Ugric will unite and Mr. Putin, being a great FU in his black heart, has been a part of the plan.

Yep, Karelia is a real hole today

https://youtu.be/Vwy3eLiEHNg