PDA

View Full Version : What makes South europeans look diffrent then North europeans?

x-class
09-28-2011, 07:42 AM
What makes south europeans look diffrent then North europeans? the nose? the skull shape?

Libertas
09-28-2011, 07:49 AM
Usually colouring, often stature and skull size rather than shape.

Matritensis
09-28-2011, 07:53 AM
The facial features are different in many cases,too.

bluesky
09-28-2011, 10:59 AM
the facial features

x-class
09-28-2011, 11:01 AM
But could you post up pics of light South europeans and Light north europeans,and compare them to each other and tell me why they look diffrent? And do the same with a dark south european and dark north european.

Foxy
09-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Our Arabic/Northern African/Turkish admixture. :embarrassed

Ok now the serious answer: mediterraneans tend to have smaller skulls, therefore the face looks in general smaller than that of northern Europeans, more pedomorfic, the nose seems more prominent becouse of the smaller size of the face. Usually southern European teens genetically develop faster (around 12 years for girls and 16-17 the males) so we tend to be:
-shorter
-men and women are more different in features than Northern European men and women (strong sexual dimorphism)
-women have curvier bodies.

And ofc pigmentation is usually darker in Southern Europeans.

safinator
09-28-2011, 11:08 AM
Generally the pigmentation but also some difference in facial features.
I don't agree about height(at least not in the case of Balkans)

Foxy
09-28-2011, 11:11 AM
An exemple of sexual dimorphism in two Calabrian sieblings (I post them becouse it's the first pair of sieblings that comes to my mind).

SERGIO AND MANUELA ARCURI

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_NqFVTzCJCZc/SDYCa24rIqI/AAAAAAAAADo/qnEf1kGhQsI/s400/sergio+arcuri+vita+da+paparazzo.jpg

x-class
09-28-2011, 11:15 AM
Our Arabic/Northern African/Turkish admixture. :embarrassed

Ok now the serious answer: mediterraneans tend to have smaller skulls, therefore the face looks in general smaller than that of northern Europeans, more pedomorfic, the nose seems more prominent becouse of the smaller size of the face. Usually southern European teens genetically develop faster (around 12 years for girls and 16-17 the males) so we tend to be:
-shorter
-men and women are more different in features than Northern European men and women (strong sexual dimorphism)
-women have curvier bodies.

And ofc pigmentation is usually darker in Southern Europeans.

No way, i dont think the arabic/turkish/north african influence is that high

Foxy
09-28-2011, 11:18 AM
No way, i dont think the arabic/turkish/north african influence is that high

I was joking!! :D

x-class
09-28-2011, 11:27 AM
I was joking!! :D

oh :)

Sikeliot
09-28-2011, 12:58 PM
Not all Southern Europeans and Northern Europeans look different. I could find you a Greek or Albanian who looks Polish for instance if I wanted to.

x-class
09-28-2011, 01:03 PM
Not all Southern Europeans and Northern Europeans look different. I could find you a Greek or Albanian who looks Polish for instance if I wanted to.

Yes, please. I would also be shocked if you found pictures of south europeans that looks swedish/german.

Tony
09-28-2011, 01:33 PM
The most striking difference is that Southern Europeans (and Westerns as well) derive a lot from Neolithic Middle East farmers while among Northern Europeans is way more prevalent the Cromagnid element (aside some Mongo/Asian/Borealized) , you won't find here those marginal Nordid subraces like Tronder or Borreby...

Fra Baldracco
09-28-2011, 01:36 PM
The most striking difference is that Southern Europeans (and Westerns as well) derive a lot from Neolithic Middle East farmers while among Northern Europeans is way more prevalent the Cromagnid element (aside some Mongo/Asian/Borealized) , you won't find here those marginal Nordid subraces like Tronder or Borreby...

Cromagnoid types are very well spread also in Italy.

Tony
09-28-2011, 01:45 PM
Cromagnoid types are very well spread also in Italy.

But to a lesse extent imho, just compared Italians with Swedish for instance...

Mordid
09-28-2011, 02:20 PM

Show me.. :coffee:

Frederick
09-28-2011, 03:04 PM
The stereotype is not only that they look different but behave different aswell.
At least Germans have the stereotype that Southern Europeans are compared to Northern Europeans:

- lazy, dont want/cant work hard
- undiciplined, chaotic
- permanently horny and driven by their sexual hormons
- generally hotblooded, easy to anger and more likely to use physical violence. And the urge to permanently show how "manly" they are.
- beating, opressing their women
- more likely to be involved in criminal actions

Of course, Germans usualy think Southern Europeans are tanned, wear big golden necklaces, have their hair oiled and are usualy darkhaired and dark eyed.

;)

Southern European in the heads of Germans:
http://deutschelobby.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/vergewaltigung-in-hilden-sudlander.jpg?w=218&h=300

Ibericus
09-28-2011, 03:15 PM
- generally hotblooded, easy to anger and more likely to use physical violence. And the urge to permanently show how "manly" they are.

Really ? Because southern-Europe is more secure for women than Germany, this is from 2011 :

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4d/Map3.1NEW_Womens_Physical_Security_2011_compressed .jpg

Frederick
09-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Really ? Because southern-Europe is more secure for women than Germany, this is from 2011 :

Well, I was taking about how Germans IMAGINE Southern Europeans. Not how Southern Europeans actually are.

And the stereotype is that in Southern Europe, women are barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen and have no other rights than to obey their macho males, be pregnant all their lifes and have to shut the fuck up. ;)

Southern Europeans in a racist German eye are "Arabs light", much like some Europeans think that Fins are "Chinks light". ;)

Ibericus
09-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Well, I was taking about how Germans IMAGINE Southern Europeans. Not how Southern Europeans actually are.

And the stereotype is that in Southern Europe, women are barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen and have no other rights than to obey their macho males, be pregnant all their lifes and have to shut the fuck up. ;)
uh...ok :rolleyes2:

Lábaru
09-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Northern Europeans are Chinese with blond hair, right?

http://prettypls.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/facetroll.png

By the way, if you want to seriously, there is no North-South European appearance.

The Ripper
09-28-2011, 03:29 PM
I want to seriously, certainly.

research_centre
09-28-2011, 03:38 PM
Yes, please. I would also be shocked if you found pictures of south europeans that looks swedish/german.

That depends largely on if the Southern European in question is solely Southern European or has Nordic blood.

While I am not about to post a picture of me here, SafetyPin, Artek and GeistFaust, and a few others are well aware of what I look like and can weigh in on this issue if they desire.

My entire paternal line is very Old Italian with a strain of Norman. My mother's side are Nordic. You can see my genetic ethnicities on the left of my profile. I am 6'-3" tall, have Gray-green eyes, I structurally look like an Arno Breker sculpture.

While my maternal side includes Scandinavian, East Baltic and Prussian I for one being 50% pure Italian (primarily of Southern Italian origin) I can easily fit in either Germany or Scandinavia.

Incal
09-28-2011, 03:39 PM
What makes southern euros look different? They have masculine features.

I keed I keed!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4d/Map3.1NEW_Womens_Physical_Security_2011_compressed .jpg

Damn, we are the only country in the Americas that reached muslim levels. Didn't know we were doing that bad.

gold_fenix
09-28-2011, 03:43 PM
well really i only think is a thing of pigmentation but i think is more different west and East european having or not same pigmentation, in any case north and south of europe are very stereotypal the south is not so dark as north european think and north is not so light as south european think

Drawing-slim
09-28-2011, 03:49 PM
The stereotype is not only that they look different but behave different aswell.
At least Germans have the stereotype that Southern Europeans are compared to Northern Europeans:

- lazy, dont want/cant work hard
- undiciplined, chaotic
- permanently horny and driven by their sexual hormons

Of course, Germans usualy think Southern Europeans are tanned, wear big golden necklaces, have their hair oiled and are usualy darkhaired and dark eyed.

;)

Southern European in the heads of Germans:
http://deutschelobby.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/vergewaltigung-in-hilden-sudlander.jpg?w=218&h=300i have a solution. why dont we send all the northern european women to south, since the south contains horny men, and obviously the northern men don't need the women since they aren't horny.
this way we will have to balance things a little for the continent's sake! plenty of sex from northern and southern girls, will take care the hot blooded complex of southern guys as well:D

Foxy
09-28-2011, 03:58 PM
i have a solution. why dont we send all the northern european women to south, since the south contains horny men, and obviously the northern men don't need the women since they aren't horny.
this way we will have to balance things a little for the continent's sake! plenty of sex from northern and southern girls, will take care the hot blooded complex of southern guys as well:D

Italian men are all playing Pro Evolution Soccer at PS3.

Libertas
09-28-2011, 04:02 PM
uh...ok :rolleyes2:

It's certainly an OLD steotype as Italy, Spain and Greece now have some of the world's lowest birthrates.

hipaware
09-28-2011, 04:22 PM
Northern Euros are more robust facial wise than Southern Euros.

Kadu
09-28-2011, 04:22 PM
@ the OP

Body frame and pigmentation.

Foxy
09-28-2011, 04:31 PM

I think that she could pass in Germany honestly.

http://www.isaechia.it/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/10-Michela-Albiani.jpg

With dyed hair even in Sweden!

http://www.tgcom.mediaset.it/binary/ansa/48.$plit/C_2_fotogallery_1005275__ImageGallery__imageGaller yItem_18_image.jpg

Pallantides
09-28-2011, 04:40 PM
I think that she could pass in Germany honestly.
http://www.isaechia.it/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/10-Michela-Albiani.jpg

With dyed hair even in Sweden!

http://www.tgcom.mediaset.it/binary/ansa/48.$plit/C_2_fotogallery_1005275__ImageGallery__imageGaller yItem_18_image.jpg
She actually look more Swedish in the first picture, In the last picture she looks more Eastern European or Slavic influenced.

Matritensis
09-28-2011, 04:54 PM

That's really not as difficult as you think! A couple of cousins(fully Spanish,of course):

Sikeliot
09-28-2011, 04:55 PM
That's really not as difficult as you think! A couple of cousins(fully Spanish,of course):

They could pass for Danish or Swedish, indeed.

Tarja
09-28-2011, 04:58 PM

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what "women's physical security" is supposed to mean, but Sweden is shown to have high physical security, even though there are endless tales of their women being raped, beaten and killed by Somalis? :confused:

Doesn't seem accurate.

Foxy
09-28-2011, 05:05 PM
EDIT

Mordid
09-28-2011, 05:14 PM
Sorry, veleda but Italians aren't lighter. I differentiate between people based on their ethnicity in general. The difference between Southern Europeans and Northern Europeans is that Northern Europeans are lighter and have robust facial features, whereas Southern Europeans are darker and have more gracile facial features.

Foxy
09-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Sorry, veleda but Italians aren't lighter. I differentiate between people based on their ethnicity in general. The difference between Southern Europeans and Northern Europeans is that Northern Europeans are lighter and have robust facial features, whereas Southern Europeans are darker and have more gracile facial features.

Where did I write that Italians are lighter?? :eek: I have written that in general southern Europeans are darker...

Ibericus
09-28-2011, 05:17 PM
Of course, there is overlapping between South and North. People in the south can look northern, and viceversa.

Ushtari
09-28-2011, 05:18 PM
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/6232/yeahq.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-lO2-nloXdQ4/Tl5bkRLPWcI/AAAAAAAAA8k/lGAT-BpPT6M/s1600/fuck_yeah_.jpg

Tony
09-28-2011, 05:18 PM
Italian men are all playing Pro Evolution Soccer at PS3.

Men?
or boys?
you're just 22, cazzo...

look around and learn to choose the right "man", there's a plenty out of Pescara...

Foxy
09-28-2011, 05:20 PM
Men?
or boys?
you're just 22, cazzo...

look around and learn to choose the right "man", there's a plenty out of Pescara...

I am sure that you have realized that mine was a joke. :coffee:
I can't complain about Italian men. :D I dislike those who are too "warm and sticky", but it's not my case.

Pallantides
09-28-2011, 05:38 PM

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what "women's physical security" is supposed to mean, but Sweden is shown to have high physical security, even though there are endless tales of their women being raped, beaten and killed by Somalis? :confused:

Doesn't seem accurate.

There is not a higher chance of being raped and killed in Sweden than anywhere else in Europe, also overall Sweden is safer than Britian so is also Denmark and Norway.

research_centre
09-28-2011, 05:38 PM

Mordid just answered this entire thread beautifully.:thumb001:

Motörhead Remember Me
09-28-2011, 05:39 PM
What makes south europeans look diffrent then North europeans? the nose? the skull shape?

Shorter, darker, brown eyes?

:lightbul:

Sikeliot
09-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Shorter, darker, brown eyes?

:lightbul:

Not always.

StonyArabia
08-02-2012, 06:27 AM
It's pigmentation and height. Southern Euros are more Neolthic influenced.

rhiannon
08-02-2012, 06:35 AM
I think North Euros have somewhat softer features as a rule. Plus, they are generally fairer in skin tone and coloring.

Osprey
08-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Jaws are more manly and wider in Northern Europeans as a general rule.
Coloring.
Ability to tan.
Height varies from region to region. Its not a strict SvsN trait.

aimar
08-02-2012, 01:00 PM
southerners are hairier on average

Kalimtari
01-24-2014, 06:40 PM
pigmentation and diet (resulting in body fat, which is not a major factor among younger generations)

Prisoner Of Ice
01-25-2014, 06:50 AM
Degeneracy.

aimar
06-09-2014, 08:53 PM
please continue

robertsmith
06-09-2014, 08:58 PM
Facial features, but they're all same race. It's possible to see a small percent of Northernmost Euros and Southernmost Euros kinda looking same.

Odin
04-22-2018, 07:43 AM
Phenotype.

Corporate_Demolisher
07-29-2021, 02:24 AM
Southern Europeans are darker (in both features and skin), which is necessary as an adaptation to their environment

Cristiano viejo
07-29-2021, 02:45 AM
Southern Europeans are darker (in both features and skin), which is necessary as an adaptation to their environment

I did not know features could be dark or light :lightbul:

Skin colour differences are overrated. Bigger differences are hair and eye colour percentage and yes, features, but not for being darker or lighter, what a nonsense :lol: