PDA

View Full Version : Classify Daven's great-aunt

Daven
12-21-2020, 02:15 AM
This is probably the only member of my elderly family I'm having the access to post a pic online for classification. I don't have pictures of my abuelos at all. They are all dead. In fact I only met one of my grandparents and he was killed in an accident in 2007. It's really complicated. :(

Right @ MIN 0:05. She used to resemble my grandma a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq-QnLOm7AA

Daven
12-21-2020, 02:18 AM
The vid is a commercial from our province filmed in my peeps campo (countryside) in 1991 or 1992.

Here's the capture of her:

https://images2.imagebam.com/56/b5/13/2fc7bb1363563728.png

Andullero
12-21-2020, 02:19 AM
Criollo tier. Too bad the plantation economy has been altering demographically those communities big time. I rather us being poor but keep the more or less terceron republic we used to have.

Hasien
12-21-2020, 02:22 AM
Criollo tier. Too bad the plantation economy has been altering demographically those communities big time. I rather us being poor but keep the more or less terceron republic we used to have.

Yeah looks white

Hasien
12-21-2020, 02:27 AM

I don't what's the constitution In Dominican Republic, but with Mexico's constitution they have written that first they will deport any ethnic group that's altered Mexico population .

Maybe DR Is to liberal.

Daven
12-21-2020, 02:28 AM

It's interesting that in my province among the elderly criollo-looking are so super common while the new generations tend to be more darker/mixed/pardo/ more mulatto-looking. My peeps campo have received internal immigration from darker/coastal parts too and I think that changed the demographics a bit at some point. It still leans toward the euro regardless of the change. What European phenotype do you see in Tia Ton~a? Ya sabia que se veia blanca.

Mixdguy17
12-21-2020, 02:28 AM
Criolla

Andullero
12-21-2020, 02:34 AM
I don't what's the constitution In Dominican Republic, but with Mexico's constitution they have written that first they will deport any ethnic group that's altered Mexico population .

Maybe DR Is to liberal.

Too liberal and driven by crass materialism and ape-ishness of whatever idiocy gets to be in fashion in Yankeedom. Guacanagarismo a la enésima potencia.

Daven
12-21-2020, 02:35 AM
Yeah looks white

What fenotipo do you see? Can she pass outside of Iberia?

Andullero
12-21-2020, 02:36 AM
It's interesting that in my province among the elderly criollo-looking are so super common while the new generations tend to be more darker/mixed/pardo/ more mulatto-looking. My peeps campo have received internal immigration from darker/coastal parts too and I think that changed the demographics a bit at some point. It still leans toward the euro regardless of the change. What European phenotype do you see in Tia Ton~a? Ya sabia que se veia blanca.

Atlanto-Med, I think.

Hasien
12-21-2020, 02:42 AM
What fenotipo do you see? Can she pass outside of Iberia?

Atlanto med with baskid Influenced. And I think she can pass In Italy.

Daven
12-21-2020, 02:44 AM
All her siblings looked criollo like her and they were like 6 of them. So I'm assuming that they weren't that mixed considering they were born before Trujillo times.

My abuela died in 1986. I never met her. At one point I used to have nightmares about her and her portrait we used to keep at the living room in DR. I know she had blue eyes. It's strange because he used hate that feature of her. Never in my life I've seen someone hating their light eyes and especially among Latinos considering how colorist we are.

Daven
12-21-2020, 02:47 AM
Atlanto med with baskid Influenced. And I think she can pass In Italy.

I can see the baskid influence in her nose especially.

Our surname in that part of the family is Ferreiras. Maybe some Galician/Portuguese connection.

Daven
12-21-2020, 02:49 AM
Ferreiras in the DR, USA (yes darling, mostly among Dominican-Americans) and then Brazil, Spain and Portugal.

https://forebears.io/surnames/ferreiras

Daven
12-21-2020, 02:51 AM
Omg maybe I'm mixed with Portuguese.

l apellido Ferreira es Portugues y significa castellano, asi los lusos identificaban a las personas originarias de esta zona de la peninsula, pero el apellido viene de la raiz latina ferrarius ya que los romanos relacionaron los antiguos habitantes de castilla con el hierro (ferrita).

Daven
12-21-2020, 02:52 AM
El apellido Ferreira es gallego. la terminación "eira" significa "campo", el comienzo "Ferr" hace referencia a un oficio, el de herrero, por lo que debiera entenderse a Ferreira como "herrero del campo" es decir el que elaboraba herramientas de labranza.

Tooting Carmen
12-30-2020, 11:11 PM
EDIT

Daven
12-30-2020, 11:22 PM
Balanced Mestiza?

Boy no. You saw the wrong video lmao

Cristiano viejo
12-30-2020, 11:23 PM
Spaniard.

Daven
12-30-2020, 11:24 PM

FountainOfSalmacis
12-30-2020, 11:27 PM
Looks white to me. Western Med look.

Tooting Carmen
12-30-2020, 11:30 PM
OK, I saw her photo and she looks like Mrs Mangel from Aussie soap Neighbours. xD

Daven
12-30-2020, 11:54 PM
OK, I saw her photo and she looks like Mrs Mangel from Aussie soap Neighbours. xD

My tio Juan looks like this side of my familia. He looked white really. It's interesting because I have another tio (his brother) who came out "blanco" but he ain't as euro looking. Looks more like a light arab with blues eyes. Very latino looking but euro leaning. My tia also has the same look minus the light eyes. My dad and her younger sis are the darkies out of the 5 siblings. Their father (my abuelo) had their pheno.

Tooting Carmen
12-31-2020, 12:01 AM
Btw, this is the character I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gmC478Ui4c

Daven
12-31-2020, 01:02 AM

In the hair.

Daven
12-31-2020, 03:08 AM

You still didn't classify her.

I see the baskid but I'm also not an expert when it comes to European phenotypes.

Tooting Carmen
12-31-2020, 03:52 PM
You still didn't classify her.

I see the baskid but I'm also not an expert when it comes to European phenotypes.

Paleoatlantid?