PDA

View Full Version : What race/mix is my mother?

sofie.cb
12-29-2020, 09:53 PM
This is my mother, she is 173cm, brown eyes, dark blonde hair. From the north of Norway. Thank you for all answers!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201229/43b888c4c8cc271e876881b40d04f6a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sofie.cb
12-29-2020, 10:36 PM
Classify

Sacrificed Ram
12-29-2020, 11:01 PM
She looks in an overlap, I would prefer to use Litoral shifted Northatlantid for a norwegian, but Northpontid would be a very suitable classification also.

Then Northatlantid or Northpontid plus Borreby or slight Faelid.

sofie.cb
12-29-2020, 11:35 PM
Interresting, thank u so much for reply!

Creoda
12-29-2020, 11:45 PM
I would have guessed Southeastern Euro, maybe up to somewhere like Ukraine, although the picture is blurry.

Immanenz
12-29-2020, 11:55 PM
West Baltid with a bit of Pontid, she does give Cenrtraleast euro vibe like Poland or Ukraine

Sacrificed Ram
12-29-2020, 11:59 PM
She almost looks some variant of Proto/Robust-Iranid.

sofie.cb
12-30-2020, 12:04 AM
Iranid, like from Iran? Very interresting! I’ve heard we might have some italian in out genes. Thanks for reply!

Sacrificed Ram
12-30-2020, 12:40 AM
Iranid, like from Iran? Very interresting! I’ve heard we might have some italian in out genes. Thanks for reply!

Acording how you interpret the genes calculations, you can find some old component from Iran in Scandinavia.
https://i.imgur.com/WmIgZ1U.png
As I said, it is just how you interpret the genes calculations.

Then about the phenotype of your mother,it can be coincidence, or can be a true shot!

sofie.cb
12-30-2020, 12:46 AM
That would be really cool, thanks! :D

Creoda
12-30-2020, 12:53 AM

It's nonsense.

sofie.cb
12-30-2020, 02:18 AM

sofie.cb
12-30-2020, 02:19 AM
It's nonsense.

Okay, why?

Oliver109
12-30-2020, 02:24 AM
I think she is pontid mixed with Tydal, she does not look that atypical i don't think for Norway

sofie.cb
12-30-2020, 02:25 AM
Okay, cool. Thanks! :D

Creoda
12-30-2020, 02:33 AM
Okay, why?

Why your mother doesn't look Iranid or have Iranian ancestry? Probably because she's Norwegian.

Fraisod
12-30-2020, 09:34 AM
Actually, she reminds me a lot of an Egyptian-born, Maltese, French teacher I had in high school.

Steppe Timelord
12-30-2020, 12:54 PM
She looks in an overlap, I would prefer to use Litoral shifted Northatlantid for a norwegian, but Northpontid would be a very suitable classification also.

Then Northatlantid or Northpontid plus Borreby or slight Faelid.

Couldn't have said it any better congrats :D

She looks ukrainian to me, but she may be some sort of borreby/alpine + north pontid. Reminds me of some Russian woman actually, but darker haired, almost the same nose and smile. Pretty eastern look for a norwegian.

And to explain the reason why he used iranid, is only because she looks north pontid, pontids have an affinity to iranomorph types. They look closer to satem branches of indo-europeans. There is a minority of Iranians who look north pontid. He's not wrong at all. I always thought about this, this is why pontid has an eastern vibe.

sofie.cb
12-30-2020, 03:00 PM
Couldn't have said it any better congrats :D

She looks ukrainian to me, but she may be some sort of borreby/alpine + north pontid. Reminds me of some Russian woman actually, but darker haired, almost the same nose and smile. Pretty eastern look for a norwegian.

And to explain the reason why he used iranid, is only because she looks north pontid, pontids have an affinity to iranomorph types. They look closer to satem branches of indo-europeans. There is a minority of Iranians who look north pontid. He's not wrong at all. I always thought about this, this is why pontid has an eastern vibe.

Wow, thank u so much for complementary answers :D

Steppe Timelord
12-30-2020, 03:04 PM
Wow, thank u so much for complementary answers :D

No problem. People here often forget that north pontids and steppe pontids have an ancient link with proto-iranians. It is even said on the wikipedia that NORTHEAST Europe(south Ukraine too) used to have proto-iranic language speakers. That's why Andronovo people had central european genetics and spoke iranic. But everyone with their own point of view.

Sacrificed Ram
12-30-2020, 04:47 PM
I still don't understand WHY europeans are frightened with western asian phenotypes in Europe, ENF has strong Levant/old Anatolia component.
https://i.ibb.co/X7CPnZ5/ENFWHGANEMAP.png
But possible this diagram is outdated.

Vanu
12-30-2020, 06:26 PM
West Baltid with a bit of Pontid, she does give Cenrtraleast euro vibe like Poland or Ukraine
+1
Trust Immanenz, he is one of the best classifiers on this forum.