PDA

View Full Version : The Amazigh are Mediterraneans

Rafael Passoni
12-31-2020, 02:06 AM
I found this interesting article when I read an Anthropologist's topic. I want to share here.

I think it is contrary to Afrocentricist theory.

"North African populations are distinct from sub-Saharan Africans based on cultural, linguistic, and phenotypic attributes; however,(...)"

"We also find significant signatures of sub-Saharan African ancestry that vary substantially among populations. These sub-Saharan ancestries appear to be a recent introduction into North African populations, dating to about 1,200 years ago in southern Morocco and about 750 years ago into Egypt, possibly reflecting the patterns of the trans-Saharan slave trade that occurred during this period."

Full article link:

https://journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1002397

Cristiano viejo
12-31-2020, 02:15 AM
And being different than blacks makes them Mediterranean?? ROTFL...

Monge Triste
08-10-2021, 10:04 PM
They are mostly a blend between an early Coarse mediterranean type, similar so some found throught Mesolithic East Africa(Michalski(1963), Coon(1939)) and Early Dinasty Egypt, a more leptomorphic mediterranean type called "Eurafrican" by Lundmann and Hooton, a more gracile type coming from a Levantine source; an oriental source in recent times, a blend between these mediterranean types, and with this oriental type(Suboriental from Michalski or Trans-Med from Lundman, same shit). Also, there are some brachycephalic types(Micahalski) found amongst the Riffians, but they are rare. Also, Lundmann speaks of a "canaryan type", but to me, it's just a more lighter Coarse mediterranean.

So yeah, they are mediterraneans, more "pure med" in therms of cephalic index.