PDA

View Full Version : Dear Members:

Lady L
03-31-2009, 09:01 PM
I keep coming to posts of members leaving and then the thread is closed so I can't say anything....:coffee::cool:

If I have ever seen kindergarten behavior it has been in the last couple days.

I know many are upset over SuuT being dead and all but you guys are not looking at this from the right points of view. And, for some reason it is all the Dutch members. I sympathize with you and respect you but I have to admit it all seems a little overboard.

SuuT is just a character in a story folks. This story. I keep dropping hints but no one seems to be getting it. This is probably somewhat of the approach SuuT had for even doing so. Characters live and die in all stories, and sometimes they are even heroes. You usually don't close a book when reading about a character, so why close this book. I thought friends forgave friends.

It is also not SuuT's responsibility to know who was having a bad day and did not take this well...so it all can't be pointing fingers and blame blame blame! Its getting quite lame! :D

Anyway, thats all for now. :)

Later,

Lady Lyfing

Baron Samedi
03-31-2009, 09:03 PM
That is a very poetic way of looking at these e-cabins known as "Internet Forums"

We are all actors in a film, separating ourselves from the brutality of this world.

Absinthe
03-31-2009, 09:04 PM
Is everything that's been happening during the last couple of days, a big April Fool's Day joke? :confused:

Lady L
03-31-2009, 09:06 PM
Is everything that's been happening during the last couple of days, a big April Fool's Day joke? :confused:

OOOooohhhH! Thats deep! I like! :D

*makes you wonder huh* :lightbul:

Vulpix
03-31-2009, 09:12 PM
Kindergarten behavior. You are spot on Lady L.

Barreldriver
03-31-2009, 09:24 PM
This is one lame Kindergarten, there's no cookies or juice. :(

Lady L
03-31-2009, 11:24 PM

Or Nap mats :eek:

Maelstrom
04-01-2009, 04:09 AM
I don't want to sound like a dickhead, but I've almost considered having a break from The Apricity for a bit simply because there seems to be a whole lot less High Brow discussion.

Can we all just stop being trolls? This is as good a forum as it's members make it. So let's make it even better :D

Ulf
04-01-2009, 04:11 AM
I don't want to sound like a dickhead, but I've almost considered having a break from The Apricity for a bit simply because there seems to be a whole lot less High Brow discussion.

Can we all just stop being trolls? This is as good a forum as it's members make it. So let's make it even better :D

I can't hear you over how much of a dickhead you are being... ;)

Trolls trolling trolls... Welcome to the internet.

Plus, it's near April Fools!

Loki
04-01-2009, 04:16 AM

That's way too serious for an 18-year old lad. Get laid young man, it helps.

Ulf
04-01-2009, 04:16 AM
We just got trolled.

Treffie
04-01-2009, 08:56 AM
Ok, guys, I have decided that I am not leaving, nor am I dead, nor am I Barack Obama. Sorry to disappoint you all. :)

Just in case you were all wondering.;)

Hildolf
04-01-2009, 09:01 AM
this is one lame kindergarten, there's no cookies or juice. :(

i want coookieeesssss!!!

Loki
04-01-2009, 09:03 AM
i want coookieeesssss!!!

You have no idea how funny that is. Ask Queen Fox. :p

Vulpix
04-01-2009, 09:06 AM
You have no idea how funny that is. Ask Queen Fox. :p

Inside cookies joke :p. ;);)

Manifest Destiny
04-01-2009, 02:43 PM

I just ate some Oreos, so :p to you.

Barreldriver
04-01-2009, 04:35 PM
I just ate some Oreos, so :p to you.

Well I had juice.

Manifest Destiny
04-01-2009, 04:42 PM
Well I had juice.

Yeah, but Oreos are bad ass and juice tends to suck.

Barreldriver
04-01-2009, 04:51 PM
Ok, guys, I have decided that I am not leaving, nor am I dead, nor am I Barack Obama. Sorry to disappoint you all. :)

Just in case you were all wondering.;)

JOIN THE KINDERGARTEN!!!!!! I'm going to be a hermit and track turkeys even though I haven't the slightest clue on how to do that, everyone plus someone is leaving, and there's not damn juice or cookies, now are you on board or are you not?

Yeah, but Oreos are bad ass and juice tends to suck.

Not when it's Elmo Juice, berry flavored. Big picture of Elmo greeting you on the bottle, tee hee hee hee hee.

Inese
04-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Hmmmm people left other boards because of kindergarten ( Nordfolk and Skadi i think??? :D There was a big argument with big threads!!! ) and came to Apricity and now they leave Apricity because of kindergarten here ----- this is funny. :coffee: Is there are board without kindergarten and scandal???
My opinion is that jkoing with dead is not funny, never...it is not a story to write. Or do you think it is a show??

Loki
04-01-2009, 07:04 PM
Hmmmm people left other boards because of kindergarten ( Nordfolk and Skadi i think??? :D There was a big argument with big threads!!! ) and came to Apricity and now they leave Apricity because of kindergarten here ----- this is funny. :coffee: Is there are board without kindergarten and scandal???
My opinion is that jkoing with dead is not funny, never...it is not a story to write. Or do you think it is a show??

It's not the joking that is kindergarten, but rather the response to it ... by throwing all your toys out of the cot if someone dares to disagree or offend you. (I don't mean you, by the way. ;) )

Inese
04-01-2009, 07:22 PM
It's not the joking that is kindergarten, but rather the response to it ... by throwing all your toys out of the cot if someone dares to disagree or offend you. (I don't mean you, by the way. ;) )
Hmm my opinion is: the joke was not funny but leaving the board because of the ill joke is not good also. I miss Tristan and i hope he comes back!!

I know you dont mean me i have no problem!! :) And if you ban Hors i will be total happy and satisfid! :cool:

Vulpix
04-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Is there are board without kindergarten and scandal???

Huh... not really :shrug: :coffee:.

Ĉmeric
04-01-2009, 08:26 PM
It's an exaggeration to refer to internet fora as kindergarten. My youngest will be 5 next month & will start kindergarten in August. He & his friends are much better behaved then the average Apricians, Skadians or whatever.;)

I think internet fora is more like high school or college.

Fortis in Arduis
04-02-2009, 02:57 AM
Well, death is the last taboo, and while I applaud the breaking of taboos, if an internet forum does not provide a balance of edification and solace, why should one stay?

I think that is the issue here.

If I value my time, then why should I compromise on that?

Loki
04-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Well, death is the last taboo,

Death shouldn't be a taboo -- it is part of life. The sooner we make peace with that, the the sooner we will get closer to who we are; embrace our humanity.

All of us will die one day, including you and me. Of that we can be 100% certain. In fact, death is the only certain thing in life ... an absolute; a constant.

and while I applaud the breaking of taboos, if an internet forum does not provide a balance of edification and solace, why should one stay?

An internet forum is just (or should just be) a reflection of what is going on in the real world. Made up of a range of characters who would be encountered in our society. We can censor this to some point, but the idea is not to create an online utopia where we can wish away all our fears. It's better to face them head-on.

Galloglaich
04-02-2009, 03:28 PM
...An internet forum is just (or should just be) a reflection of what is going on in the real world. Made up of a range of characters who would be encountered in our society. We can censor this to some point, but the idea is not to create an online utopia where we can wish away all our fears. It's better to face them head-on.

That is precisely why this forum is so good. Censoring too many viewpoints not only makes the forum less interesting, it all too often ends up with a bunch of like minded regurgitation that never gets challenged by differing views. It's weak and uninteresting. I prefer to see a forum's mettle tested from time to time.

Brynhild
04-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Death is a part of life, but I can't help but feel a tad spooked in that I've been pronounced dead in my life - twice!

Read Here (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16227&postcount=334) to see what I mean about the second time.

The first time, my bank account was closed many years ago because I was dead!

I'm wondering when I'll be third time lucky...