PDA

View Full Version : Classify Body Types Thread

PaleoEuropean
01-04-2021, 09:40 PM
I figured it would make it easier for people to get answers having a single thread since it's not a widely discussed topic.
https://i.imgur.com/3aKWfC7.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/h9Qi3eS.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ZDCWeTN.jpg

CordedWhelp
01-04-2021, 09:42 PM
I'm somewhere neatly between Ectomorph and Mesomorph, I'd say.

Mr.G
01-04-2021, 09:58 PM
There is a rating system for somatotypes, as most people are a blend of all 3 types.

I might be, for example:

Endomorph: 3
Mesomorph: 5
Ectomorph: 4

It might be interesting to submit an image or images of a person here, and then try to assign them the 3 number rating.

Here is the corresponding image to demonstrate the extreme, or "textbook", examples of the types, along with their ratings:

https://i.imgur.com/dfGhFcn.jpg

EM78GREENSAVANNAH
01-04-2021, 09:59 PM
Every body type besides mesomorph is incel. Mesomorphs are the perfect balance of strength, size, and speed.

Kivan
01-04-2021, 10:00 PM
Based on the photo, i think i'm Mesomorph.

There is a rating system for somatotypes, as most people are a blend of all 3 types.

I might be, for example:

Endomorph: 3
Mesomorph: 5
Ectomorph: 4

It might be interesting to submit an image or images of a person here, and then try to assign them the 3 number rating.

Here is the corresponding image to demonstrate the extreme, or "textbook", examples of the types, along with their ratings:

https://i.imgur.com/dfGhFcn.jpg

Luso
01-04-2021, 10:03 PM
I’m more of a mesomorph or endomorph(maybe both)

Ülev
01-04-2021, 10:05 PM
Paleo-Chad = Endomorph

Insuperable
01-04-2021, 10:07 PM
I am meso or meso-ecto.

Hasien
01-04-2021, 10:11 PM
I'm Ectomorph but as I'm getting deeper Into my 20s my shoulder are getting wider I would probably end up mesomorph In my 40s.

PaleoEuropean
01-04-2021, 10:13 PM
I’m more of a mesomorph or endomorph(maybe both)

[img]h

I think you are endmorph leaning meso. You got wide hips, you would make a good boxer imo.

PaleoEuropean
01-04-2021, 10:15 PM
Based on the photo, i think i'm Mesomorph.

those are the extreme variants though. If I have known a few extreme ectomorphs, they can endlessly eat and never gain a pound of muscle or fat, pretty crazy.

itilvolga
01-04-2021, 10:15 PM
75% mesomorph 25% endomorph according to the statements above

PaleoEuropean
01-04-2021, 10:17 PM
also feel free to post celebrities, athletes etc.

PaleoEuropean
01-04-2021, 10:17 PM
75% mesomorph 25% endomorph according to the statements above

do you have an hour glass figure?

Hasien
01-04-2021, 10:20 PM
How about Rasputia, under your analysis what body structure does she fit.

Is she meso too?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTH0aGLGLo-6pE4rjiZRIq6MFRY8pn3lVsWGg&usqp=CAU

itilvolga
01-04-2021, 10:24 PM
do you have an hour glass figure?

Yes but not an extreme type
Having wide shoulders, strong forearms and thighs and being able to gain and lose weight easily make me meso
Having wide hips and slim wrists and ankles makes me endo

PaleoEuropean
01-04-2021, 10:29 PM
Yes but not an extreme type
Having wide shoulders, strong forearms and thighs and being able to gain and lose weight easily make me meso
Having wide hips and slim wrists and ankles makes me endo

I wouldn't put too much stock in gaining and losing weight, that is a bit more complex, same with wrists and ankles, slim ankles and wrists are an extreme trait, generally an ectomorph is going to have wide ankles and wrists. Extreme endomorphs are also short which regular endmorphs are average to tall.

Linebacker
01-04-2021, 10:29 PM
As a teenager/early 20s I was a more of a pure mesomorph type. Now in my mid 20s I am beginning to look more endomorphic.

https://i.postimg.cc/kGHsmVVv/avfbb.jpg

PaleoEuropean
01-04-2021, 10:30 PM
^
Also ectomorphs are generally average height but extreme ectomorphs are generally taller. You can find more shorter ectomorphs than taller.

placebo
01-04-2021, 10:30 PM
textbook extreme mesomorph is very similar to my body type.

PaleoEuropean
01-04-2021, 10:31 PM
As a teenager/early 20s I was a more of a pure mesomorph type. Now in my mid 20s I am beginning to look more endomorphic.

yea there is always a gray area between types, the biggest metric imo for regular types is the shoulders and hips. Endomorphs are more squared as were mesos are more traingle.

stellan
01-04-2021, 10:32 PM
ectomorph mainly

PaleoEuropean
01-04-2021, 10:34 PM
How about Rasputia, under your analysis what body structure does she fit.

Is she meso too?

[IMG[/IMG]
Obesity happens in all types except extreme ecto, would be hard to tell, since she (eddie murphy in drag and a fat suit) is apple shaped. Extreme endo's generally have a pear shaped body. She has what is called an adrenal body type.

Hasien
01-04-2021, 10:37 PM
^
Also ectomorphs are generally average height but extreme ectomorphs are generally taller. You can find more shorter ectomorphs than taller.

I'm 5.10 would you say Is an average height for a ecto.

PaleoEuropean
01-04-2021, 10:39 PM
I'm 5.10 would you say Is an average height for a ecto.

yea, probably the best height for a regular ecto that can gain a little bit of fat muscle.

PaleoEuropean
01-04-2021, 10:40 PM
ectomorph mainly

If i remember from your post workout pic you are fairly curvy, I would say meso-leaning ecto but that is just from memory so I may be wrong.

Jana
01-04-2021, 10:42 PM
I am mesomorph.

//

Insuperable
01-04-2021, 10:44 PM

:lmao

Hektor12
01-04-2021, 10:45 PM
Meso to Ecto, closer to meso. I'm 1.88 and i have longer legs and arms than a 1.91 meso friend.

PaleoEuropean
01-04-2021, 10:45 PM

Do you have good thick calves and thighs? Most extreme mesos can't get good looking calves or thighs.

Luso
01-04-2021, 10:47 PM
I think you are endmorph leaning meso. You got wide hips, you would make a good boxer imo.

I always have wanted to get into boxing

Freeroostah
01-04-2021, 10:48 PM
Mesomorph with some ectomorph traits (thin and long forearms/legs)

Celestia
01-04-2021, 10:48 PM
I think I’m mostly mesomorph

PaleoEuropean
01-04-2021, 10:49 PM
Searching I found some youtube/forum people saying they changed their body type, you cannot change your body type for example

Chubby Meso and fit meso:
https://i.imgur.com/GQSVYiD.jpg

Chubby endo and fit endo:
https://i.imgur.com/LhAFasP.jpg

fat has nothing to do with your bodytype.

PaleoEuropean
01-04-2021, 10:51 PM

you got the hips for it, you can put some mustard into your punches if you train hard. Boxing is 80% in your hips.

placebo
01-04-2021, 10:52 PM
:lmao

yeah i'm gigachad lol.

Do you have good thick calves and thighs? Most extreme mesos can't get good looking calves or thighs.

no my calves not thick but thighs a bit thick.

PaleoEuropean
01-04-2021, 10:53 PM
yeah i'm gigachad lol.

no my calves not thick but thighs a bit thick.

interesting.

Jana
01-04-2021, 10:54 PM
Searching I found some youtube/forum people saying they changed their body type, you cannot change your body type for example

fat has nothing to do with your bodytype.

What is endo about so called "in shape endomorph"?

She is not endo, she has narrow waist and narrow wrists. Looks much more meso. Endomorph has wide waist and wrists and no hourglass figure at all.

PaleoEuropean
01-04-2021, 10:57 PM
What is endo about so called "in shape endomorph"?

She is not endo, she has narrow waist and narrow wrists. Looks much more meso. Endomorph has wide waist and wrists and no hourglass figure at all.

the hips are the most important part, its all about the bone structure. Mesos are more triangle shaped and have narrow hips similar to an ecto, but larger shoulders like a endomorph. Someone with that hip and shoulder ratio is definitely an endomorph.

Jana
01-04-2021, 10:59 PM
the hips are the most important part, its all about the bone structure. Mesos are more triangle shaped and have narrow hips similar to an ecto, but larger shoulders like a endomorph. Someone with that hip and shoulder ratio is definitely an endomorph.

Not true at all. Mesomorph is only body shape with hourglass shape. Wide shoulders, narrow waist and wide hips. I have all that and I have nothing to do with endomorph lol.
Endomorphs have absolutely no thin waist, their whole body bone structure is wide opposite to all thin ectomorph.

Luso
01-04-2021, 10:59 PM
you got the hips for it, you can put some mustard into your punches if you train hard. Boxing is 80% in your hips.

Yeah, I need to see how I’ll look when I put on some good muscle. Just left the gym early (barely started my chest workout), my brother dropped 60 pound dumbbell on his hand... he dropped it and put his hand on his bottle thinking it was his phone and bam blood... think he broke his knuckles.

stellan
01-04-2021, 11:00 PM
If i remember from your post workout pic you are fairly curvy, I would say meso-leaning ecto but that is just from memory so I may be wrong.

yeah you're right, definitely a mix of meso and ecto. my body is kind of an intermediate between hourglass and rectangle which i think represents meso-ecto in females?

Hasien

Then do It lol never to late .

KirillMazur
I think I'm ecto + some meso admix. This pic is a bit old already, pre-covid made. If anything, my thighs are not thick, and if I gain weight, then fat is deposited mostly in the upper body.
del

Insuperable
01-04-2021, 11:02 PM
yeah i'm gigachad lol.

Pic?

Tacitus
01-04-2021, 11:05 PM
Meso with endo tendencies; I have a V-shaped upper body but I do have wide hips.

PaleoEuropean
01-04-2021, 11:08 PM
Not true at all. Mesomorph is only body shape with hourglass shape. Wide shoulders, narrow waist and wide hips. I have all that and I have nothing to do with endomorph lol.
Endomorphs have absolutely no thin waist, their whole body bonbe structure is wide opposite to all thin ectomorph.

A meso cant have hips almost as wide as their shoulders, they would have a square body type then.

https://i.imgur.com/oQr88tA.jpg

Insuperable
01-04-2021, 11:08 PM
Endomorphs have absolutely no thin waist, their whole body bonbe structure is wide opposite to all thin ectomorph.

When we say hourglass we don't mean inverted hourglass.

Jana
01-04-2021, 11:09 PM
https://images.everydayhealth.com/images/diet-nutrition/body-type-diet-101-the-ultimate-guide-alt-722x406.jpg

Male mesomorph - wide shoulders, narrow waist and hips
Famale mesomorph - hourglass shape and athletic

Endo - everything is wide, strong and plump
Ecto - everything is narrow, skinny and weak

End.

Celestia
01-04-2021, 11:11 PM
A meso cant have hips almost as wide as their shoulders, they would have a square body type then.

What if hips and shoulders are same width but waist is narrow?

Jana
01-04-2021, 11:11 PM
When we say hourglass we don't mean inverted hourglass.

There is no inverted hourglass lmao. Both shoulders and hips are wide, waist is narrow. Endomorph women have non of that, it's a fantasy.

Jana
01-04-2021, 11:12 PM

Women do, men don't. And it's not square because waist is much narrower, thus hourglass shape.

Jana
I have nothing to do with fucking endomorphs, disgusting.

EM78GREENSAVANNAH
https://imgur.com/a/417IHY1

I’m the best example of ectomorph on this forum.

EM78GREENSAVANNAH
01-04-2021, 11:13 PM
I have nothing to do with fucking endomorphs, disgusting.

You’re ecto as fuck

Jana
01-04-2021, 11:14 PM
You’re ecto as fuck

Lool, certanly not with that wide shoulders and hips and being much more athletic than most of the forum. I will add huge breasts are not ecto trait.
Ectomorphs are inferior.

Insuperable
01-04-2021, 11:15 PM
There is no inverted hourglass lmao. Both shoulders and hips are wide, waist is narrow. Endomorphs have not of that, it's a fantasy.

You are correct. My bad. I missed part where you wrote wide hips too.

So wide hips and wide shoulders is a woman meso? Doesn't seem to fit on males.

EM78GREENSAVANNAH
01-04-2021, 11:16 PM
Lool, certanly not with that wide shoulders and hips and being much more athletic than most of the forum. I will add huge breasts.
Ectomorphs are inferior.

But you look like you weigh 100 pounds lol.

Jana
01-04-2021, 11:16 PM
You are correct. My bad. I missed part where you wrote wide hips too.

So wide hips and wide shoulders is a woman meso? Doesn't seem to fit on males.

Ofc, meso males are V shape built with narrow hips/waist and wide shoulders.

Insuperable
01-04-2021, 11:17 PM
I’m the best example of ectomorph on this forum.

You seem to be Meso/endo.

Jana
But you look like you weigh 100 pounds lol.

I am 53 kg there, I added 5 kg of muscle mass since than but I have no recent pic.

PaleoEuropean
https://images.everydayhealth.com/images/diet-nutrition/body-type-diet-101-the-ultimate-guide-alt-722x406.jpg

End.

Your abdomen above your hips is just fat, mustle and guts, the middle doesnt mean anything its all about the hips and shoulders. That drawings mesomorph is just a skinny endomorph since her hips are just as wide as shoulders. A true meso would never have hips as wide as their shoulders.

See how her hips are even, she is often classifed as borreby and she is a good endomorph, a mesomorph is not going to be square bone wise
https://i.imgur.com/8buDDKo.jpg

Mesos are triangle, their hips wont make a square with their shoulders.

https://i.imgur.com/hzz6E4g.jpg

PaleoEuropean
01-04-2021, 11:18 PM
^
It's like the skull you gotta measure the bones not the tissue. Wrists, stomachs all that is just fluff, it varies.

Jana
01-04-2021, 11:19 PM
Mesos are triangle, their hips wont make a square with their shoulders.

Men yes. Not women.

EM78GREENSAVANNAH
01-04-2021, 11:20 PM
I am 53 kg there, I added 5 kg of muscle mass since than but I have no recent pic.

I dk then because in America to be a meso. The standards are much higher than they are for europeans lmao. I've seen fully meso females and males at the gym(they were mostly black) and nobody here even comes close to resembling how they look.

Mr.G
01-04-2021, 11:23 PM

Great comment, and to your point, I can throw a hard left hook with just the rotation from my feet to my hips, my arm simply fixed into a hook position.

Using your hips properly is also much less fatiguing than throwing "arm punches".

EM78GREENSAVANNAH
01-04-2021, 11:23 PM
You seem to be Meso/endo.

No, Im 6 foot 5 with 6 foot 9 wingspan. That equals = Ecto lanklet for life because I can literally pack on 20 pounds of muscle and not look any different with these gorilla arms =(

Jana
01-04-2021, 11:24 PM
I dk then because in America to be a meso. The standards are much higher than they are for europeans lmao. I've seen fully meso females and males at the gym(they were mostly black) and nobody here even comes close to resembling how they look.

West African Blacks are more athletic than whites, maybe that's why.

Jana
01-04-2021, 11:25 PM
Stears is pure ectomorph, it's inferior body built for men but nevertheless I was always attracted to skinny ecto guys, no idea why.

Insuperable
01-04-2021, 11:26 PM
No, Im 6 foot 5 with 6 foot 9 wingspan. That equals = Ecto lanklet for life because I can literally pack on 20 pounds of muscle and not look any different with these gorilla arms =(

Poor you.

Mr.G
01-04-2021, 11:29 PM
Yeah, I need to see how I’ll look when I put on some good muscle. Just left the gym early (barely started my chest workout), my brother dropped 60 pound dumbbell on his hand... he dropped it and put his hand on his bottle thinking it was his phone and bam blood... think he broke his knuckles.

Sorry to hear about your bro, that really sucks.

I knew a guy who was doing DB bench presses, at the end of his set he was dropping them to the floor and he forgot that he had left other dumbbells under there. Smashed his finger. The tip literally looked like a guy in a cartoon when he hits his thumb with a hammer - smashed and misshapen. And it healed misshapen.

EM78GREENSAVANNAH
01-04-2021, 11:29 PM
Stears is pure ectomorph, it's inferior body built for men but nevertheless I was always attracted to skinny ecto guys, no idea why.

Inferior for today’s time and standards. But, ectomorphs are literally built for endurance running and persistence hunting. Where you tire out the animal into heat exhaustion. That’s literally the whole point of an ecto existing. You would do great at that with your ecto build

itilvolga
01-04-2021, 11:31 PM

End.

I think both meso and endo women are able to be curvy, but meso types are slim curvy and endo types are thick (except extreme ones, extreme meso would be too muscular and endo would be too fat). Beyonce and JLO are considered endomorph for example

Jana
01-04-2021, 11:33 PM
I think both meso and endo women are able to be curvy, but meso types are slim curvy and endo types are thick (except extreme ones, extreme meso would be too muscular and endo would be too fat). Beyonce and JLO are considered endomorph for example

I agree with that.

Jana
01-04-2021, 11:33 PM
Inferior for today’s time and standards. But, ectomorphs are literally built for endurance running and persistence hunting. Where you tire out the animal into heat exhaustion. That’s literally the whole point of an ecto existing. You would do great at that with your ecto build

:o

Luso
01-04-2021, 11:37 PM
I think the best combo (imo), or what I'd wish for, is to be an ecto-meso. Broad shoulders and tall... unbeaten combination. Mostly the tall attribute tho. But idk? Can you be tall and just meso? It is kinda pseudoscience so idk the classifications. I'm happy with my body type as is anyway.

Mr.G
01-04-2021, 11:47 PM
This is me at my most muscular, but this is after 8 years of hard, consistent training. I do not have great genetics. I could never figure out my body type but I am probably a mesomorph with strong ectomorphic traits.

*Pic removed

PaleoEuropean
01-04-2021, 11:50 PM
Great comment, and to your point, I can throw a hard left hook with just the rotation from my feet to my hips, my arm simply fixed into a hook position.

Using your hips properly is also much less fatiguing than throwing "arm punches".

Yea arm punches also just cause so much strain on your back and shoulders; really unhealthy if you are a fighter and doing it a lot. I see it a lot in in UFC among middle-lower weight classes. That's why I always liked heavyweight mma because you get to see some good boxing technique when it comes to throwing. In real fights I have almost always thrown arm punches to not hurt people, I don't recommend it though as in a fight you shouldn't be throwing punches unless you are trying to hurt someone but I am just a nice guy.

Luso
01-04-2021, 11:50 PM
This is me at my most muscular, but this is after 8 years of hard, consistent training. I do not have great genetics. I could never figure out my body type but I am probably a mesomorph with strong ectomorphic traits.

Don't quote the pic pls.

Based on that pic we have similar body types

PaleoEuropean
01-04-2021, 11:52 PM

Don't quote the pic pls.

[im]

you woulda made a good boxer too. did you have trouble tacking on muscle and fat?

PaleoEuropean
01-04-2021, 11:56 PM

Meso women can be curvy for sure, womens shapes are shaped by not just their hips but their thighs and even by fat in the hips. But the principle is the bone structure.
For instance Eva Longoria is a mesomorph, curvy but you can see her hip bones dont make up her curviness, its her thighs and the fat in the hip area.

https://i.imgur.com/wZsKkGu.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Q57P9qD.jpg

here is another example, except she is a bit more skinny

https://i.imgur.com/HCLiGqQ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/19WA3eE.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/75u66NK.jpg

Mr.G
01-05-2021, 12:03 AM
Based on that pic we have similar body types

Yup, you actually reminded me, of me, in your pic. We are about the same height, as I remember, but your shoulders are a little wider and I bet you have bigger upper thighs than me, I'm rather skinny-legged.

Depending on how well my training is going and my goals at the time, I can weigh a anywhere from 160 to 175. In the pic I posted I think I was 168-72 range.

Mr.G
01-05-2021, 12:07 AM
you woulda made a good boxer too. did you have trouble tacking on muscle and fat?

YES. I can gain fat more easily than muscle, but I suppose that is most people.

As far as boxing, I sparred a little bit and I was better than average, and I really liked it. Still, I never felt that my body would hold up under the real rigors of boxing long term - I'm too injury prone for that.

PaleoEuropean
01-05-2021, 12:09 AM
YES. I can gain fat more easily than muscle, but I suppose that is most people.

maybe you just eating how your body wanted. You look naturally bulky. I would guess endo leaning. were your hips as wide before you started lifting?

Mr.G
01-05-2021, 12:15 AM
maybe you just eating how your body wanted. You look naturally bulky. I would guess endo leaning. were your hips as wide before you started lifting?

I might look bulky there but I was a 135 lbs skinny XC runner in high school, and a part of me will always feel like that guy :)

My hips are average or maybe slightly wider, I don't think they changed much with lifting and gaining weight, my upper body changed much more.

To this day it is easier for me to add muscle to my upper body, I struggle with my legs.

KwaiPl
01-05-2021, 12:49 AM
Not the best having legs/ hips too big for the waist size, because the only pants that fit are athletic or relaxed fit.

oszkar07
01-05-2021, 01:14 AM
Yea arm punches also just cause so much strain on your back and shoulders; really unhealthy if you are a fighter and doing it a lot. I see it a lot in in UFC among middle-lower weight classes. That's why I always liked heavyweight mma because you get to see some good boxing technique when it comes to throwing. In real fights I have almost always thrown arm punches to not hurt people, I don't recommend it though as in a fight you shouldn't be throwing punches unless you are trying to hurt someone but I am just a nice guy.

Funny thing though is a lot of boxers throw arm punches , at least atype of arm punch.
Even Mayweather sometimes throws straights that are like between a jab and an arm punch.
I was an amateur boxer for few years in my mid to late teens and in amateur boxing its about point scoring more than knocking people out so guys would throw arm punches if there is an opportunity to land a punch to get the point even if not a very powerful punch.
Point is though you can throw arm punches with good footwork and bodymovement its not same thing as throwing full body punch hook or uppercut like Tyson style but you can throw a punch thats kind of between a arm punch and body movement punch.
When I boxed I had a pretty good jab and hand flow so I used a type of arm punch quite a bit but always in and out footwork movement never standing stiff.

PaleoEuropean
01-05-2021, 01:18 AM
Funny thing though is a lot of boxers throw arm punches , at least atype of arm punch.
Even Mayweather sometimes throws straights that are like between a jab and an arm punch.
I was an amateur boxer for few years in my mid to late teens and in amateur boxing its about point scoring more than knocking people out so guys would throw arm punches if there is an opportunity to land a punch to get the point even if not a very powerful punch.
Point is though you can throw arm punches with good footwork and bodymovement its not same thing as throwing full body punch hook or uppercut like Tyson style but you can throw a punch thats kind of between a arm punch and body movement punch.
When I boxed I had a pretty good jab and hand flow so I used a type of arm punch quite a bit but always in and out footwork movement never standing stiff.

yea points is a whole nother battle, thats why they do it in mma too.

oszkar07
01-05-2021, 05:56 AM
yea points is a whole nother battle, thats why they do it in mma too.

True.

Fighting distance also determines what types punches and how much body weight to use.
Generally when your bending your knees and pivoting your using some level body weight momentum behind your punches.

Nick Diaz would mix in a flurry of handflow type arm punches not powerfully thrown but the sheer volume would wear his opponents down then he would finish them off with a bodyweight thrown overhand or left hook.

One of my favourite boxers the Welsh/Italian Joe Calzaghe had a kind of unusual but effective style.
A lot of people early on accused him of being a slapper but he was undefeated at end his career.
He is putting his body weight and momentum behind most his punches here but he was accused at start of his career of throwing slap punches. You can see some arm punches here and there too but because of his movement they have body momentum behind them too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=che3iSAKQs0

PaleoEuropean
01-05-2021, 07:03 AM
True.

Fighting distance also determines what types punches and how much body weight to use.
Generally when your bending your knees and pivoting your using some level body weight momentum behind your punches.

Nick Diaz would mix in a flurry of handflow type arm punches not powerfully thrown but the sheer volume would wear his opponents down then he would finish them off with a bodyweight thrown overhand or left hook.

One of my favourite boxers the Welsh/Italian Joe Calzaghe had a kind of unusual but effective style.
A lot of people early on accused him of being a slapper but he was undefeated at end his career.
He is putting his body weight and momentum behind most his punches here but he was accused at start of his career of throwing slap punches. You can see some arm punches here and there too but because of his movement they have body momentum behind them too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=che3iSAKQs0

slapping someone on the chin can be pretty effective on rare occasions when you can make the jaw move with it and trigger their off switch. The problem comes when they have a good guard ( probably will just hit the cheek or the top of the head) and when they are good at countering. Also with slaps the force can be too even distributed making it just ineffective. Both the Diaz brothers for sure don't rely too much on haymakers but they are smart because they both are pretty skinny and rely on out cardioing their opponents or working submissions. Their weight classes are heavy in submission and ground and pound techniques.

I didn't see Nate v McGregor 2020 but I heard Connor took the decision. I think as they are getting older their style is going to work against them like it did for Anderson Silva, except he was pretty good at those stiff shots.

oszkar07
01-05-2021, 07:34 AM
slapping someone on the chin can be pretty effective on rare occasions when you can make the jaw move with it and trigger their off switch. The problem comes when they have a good guard ( probably will just hit the cheek or the top of the head) and when they are good at countering. Also with slaps the force can be too even distributed making it just ineffective. Both the Diaz brothers for sure don't rely too much on haymakers but they are smart because they both are pretty skinny and rely on out cardioing their opponents or working submissions. Their weight classes are heavy in submission and ground and pound techniques.

I didn't see Nate v McGregor 2020 but I heard Connor took the decision. I think as they are getting older their style is going to work against them like it did for Anderson Silva, except he was pretty good at those stiff shots.

Yup slaps can drop guys if they land on the ol sweet spot.
One nasty street fighting tactic is to open palm slap the guy right on the ear which can result in broken eardrum which would shutdown most people.

Connor won their second fight on points but it was a close fight.
I bet if they went another 1 or 2 rounds though Nate would either out cardio boxed him or submitted him.

But far as straight out striking goes as much as I like Nate I believe Connor is the better striker.

Conor is either one of the best if not the best, striker in the UFC when it comes to pure striking.

I know good response to that would be to say even Khabib dropped him, but if they just boxed each other no grappling or wrestling allowed for like 5 rounds straight its a different story.

PaleoEuropean
01-05-2021, 07:39 AM
Yup slaps can drop guys if they land on the ol sweet spot.

Connor won their second fight on points but it was a close fight.
I bet if they went another 1 or 2 rounds though Nate would either out cardio boxed him or submitted him.

But far as straight out striking goes as much as I like Nate I believe Connor is the better striker.

Conor is either one of the best if not the best, striker in the UFC when it comes to pure striking.

I know good response to that would be even Khabib dropped him, but if they just boxed each other no grappling wrestling allowed for like 5 rounds straight its different story.

Yea Connor is a great striker. I think most of his mistakes are tactical like you said, he gets into his opponents comfort zone too often. He would be great if he played it old school and just avoided the ground and clinching like the plague. But it's hard for him because he isn't the tallest guy in his respective division. Especially Nick, he is lanky af and has a long reach, nate is more in his realm I think when it comes to reach and style. Nick is all bone too I would hate to be clinched with someone that bony.

Kamal900
01-05-2021, 08:02 AM
I'm an Endomorph while my big brother is an Ectomorph.

Ylla
01-05-2021, 08:04 AM
I think I am meso-endo.

oszkar07
01-05-2021, 09:28 AM
Yea Connor is a great striker. I think most of his mistakes are tactical like you said, he gets into his opponents comfort zone too often. He would be great if he played it old school and just avoided the ground and clinching like the plague. But it's hard for him because he isn't the tallest guy in his respective division. Especially Nick, he is lanky af and has a long reach, nate is more in his realm I think when it comes to reach and style. Nick is all bone too I would hate to be clinched with someone that bony.

What impressed me about Conor is he got out cardioed massively by Nate and then submitted by him in their first fight.
He was able to come back and for the most part got the better of the striking in their 2nd fight he even dropped Nate several times. Nate is a dog though tough as fuck just kept getting back up and in Conors face. Conor did deserve that win by his performance but I dont think he would had the cardio if it went any further.

Man ol school Nick Diaz such a character I luved watching that guy fight, he was entertaining as fuck.

oszkar07
01-05-2021, 09:30 AM
I think Im kinda between mesomorph and endomorph.

EM78GREENSAVANNAH
01-05-2021, 03:10 PM
https://youtu.be/qE0fcW48Emo

https://youtu.be/6mA29oUE3L8

What’s their body type?