PDA

View Full Version : Which of these two sets of photos would pass more easily in Brazil?

Tooting Carmen
01-05-2021, 12:12 AM
Set 1: https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?339388-List-these-White-American-female-singers-from-most-to-least-passable-in-Argentina-and-Uruguay
Set 2: https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?339384-List-these-African-American-female-singers-from-most-to-least-passable-in-the-Dominican-Republic

Luso
01-05-2021, 12:15 AM
I think most would agree both are rather extreme. You'd need two intermediates between them, you'll have euro leaning Brazilians probably colonial Portuguese, Italian, others with german, etc. then mixes of those with African and native, and then predominantly African.

LittleDarkAge
01-05-2021, 12:15 AM
Definitely set 1. Some people tend to assume being black is enough to pass easily in Brazil, when it isn't. Many Blacks are too off for Brazil, such as Haitians, for example. Anyone can tell they are not from here.

chociprasa
01-05-2021, 12:24 AM
None of them really but between those, the 2nd. All the white American women would be very atypical for white Brazilians apart from maybe Jessica Simpson and Jennifer Paige, who I could see passing as typical a typical white Brazilian of Portuguese/Iberian descent.

chociprasa
01-05-2021, 12:26 AM
African Americans also have virtually no Native American admixture unlike Afro-Brazilians (many of them just look like black-skinned Lagids).

LittleDarkAge
01-05-2021, 12:28 AM
None of them really but between those, the 2nd. All the white American women would be very atypical for white Brazilians apart from maybe Jessica Simpson and Jennifer Paige, who I could see passing as typical a typical white Brazilian of Portuguese/Iberian descent.

We have many Germanic-looking people in Brazil. The women from set 1 could easily be TV hosts and they look familiar to me.

chociprasa
01-05-2021, 12:41 AM
We have many Germanic-looking people in Brazil. The women from set 1 could easily be TV hosts and they look familiar to me.

Obv. TV hosts do not represent the average of a population, esp. not in Latin America and other parts of the world where Northern Europeans are held as the beauty standards, and I wouldn't say that there are that many Germanic-looking Brazilians among the average population (though there are many depigmented Southern European/Iberian types), many "German Brazilians" doesn't look German at all aswell, esp. since the "white" label in Brazil is based upon your skin color rather than facial features/phenotype... Even in the south of Brazil, most people aren't German/Polish/etc looking.

LittleDarkAge
01-05-2021, 12:59 AM
Obv. TV hosts do not represent the average of a population, esp. not in Latin America and other parts of the world where Northern Europeans are held as the beauty standards, and I wouldn't say that there are that many Germanic-looking Brazilians among the average population (though there are many depigmented Southern European/Iberian types), many "German Brazilians" doesn't look German at all aswell, esp. since the "white" label in Brazil is based upon your skin color rather than facial features/phenotype... Even in the south of Brazil, most people aren't German/Polish/etc looking.

You're right about TV hosts not representing the average population, but your assertions on Germanic-looking Brazilians are wrong. I'd suggest it's because you do not live here, so your opinion is based on pictures you've seen on the Internet or, worst, cherry-picked pictures you can find on this forum. German descendants look very German as well as Polish descendants. We have a predominance of White Iberians, yes, but White Germans and White Slavs are nearly as common here.

Latinus
01-05-2021, 09:10 PM
You're right about TV hosts not representing the average population, but your assertions on Germanic-looking Brazilians are wrong. I'd suggest it's because you do not live here, so your opinion is based on pictures you've seen on the Internet or, worst, cherry-picked pictures you can find on this forum. German descendants look very German as well as Polish descendants. We have a predominance of White Iberians, yes, but White Germans and White Slavs are nearly as common here.

Latinos can't talk about Europe, but they can lecture us about our countries. Nice double standard.

Latinus
01-05-2021, 09:13 PM

True. While most white Brazilians are Med/Southern Euro looking, in some pockets of the country Germanic types are common, like these:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/22NGXpBF7j8/maxresdefault.jpg

They could easily be Central European/white American kids.

LittleDarkAge
01-05-2021, 09:17 PM
Latinos can't talk about Europe, but they can lecture us about our countries. Nice double standard.

Spot on!

Tooting Carmen
01-05-2021, 10:30 PM
Votes please?

Tooting Carmen
01-05-2021, 10:38 PM
True. While most white Brazilians are Med/Southern Euro looking, in some pockets of the country Germanic types are common, like these:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/22NGXpBF7j8/maxresdefault.jpg

They could easily be Central European/white American kids.

Then which of the two OP sets passes better?

Latinus
01-05-2021, 10:39 PM
Then which of the two OP sets passes better?

I don't really know. Maybe the black ones, even if they aren't the most typical.

Tooting Carmen
07-25-2022, 12:21 AM
bump

Zumbi
07-25-2022, 03:36 PM
Africans Americans can pass here more easily than white americans

Tooting Carmen
07-25-2022, 04:14 PM
Africans Americans can pass here more easily than white americans

Due to features or colouring?

Zumbi
07-26-2022, 03:44 AM