PDA

View Full Version : A Question for Fellow Apricians.

Beorn
03-31-2009, 10:48 PM
"what do you believe is true even though you cannot prove it?"

Absinthe
03-31-2009, 10:57 PM
Murphy's Law. :wink

Lady L
03-31-2009, 11:26 PM
Ghosts-Spirits-Spirit Guides-demons-UFO's :confused:

Loki
03-31-2009, 11:49 PM
Adolf Hitler is alive, AND a member of Apricity.

Ĉmeric
03-31-2009, 11:50 PM
That the Barack Obama who was banned was the real deal. In which case BeornWulfWer is in a lot of trouble.

SwordoftheVistula
04-01-2009, 12:14 AM

Not anymore:

the Barack Obama who was banned

Ulf
04-01-2009, 12:18 AM
Since everyone's being funny, I'll make a srs busness post.

Time is cyclical and we'll live this life over again into infinity.

Loddfafner
04-01-2009, 12:20 AM
I believe everyone on this site is exactly who and what they say they are and that everything they post is as literally true as the Bible.

Ulf
04-01-2009, 12:22 AM
I believe everyone on this site is exactly who and what they say they are and that everything they post is as literally true as the Bible.

I believe everyone on here is nothing more than elaborate bots setup by the notorious megahacker Loki.

Beorn
04-01-2009, 12:23 AM
It would have to be the insistence in my belief that God exists and watches over us as a concerned parent.

I have no solid evidence to substantiate my claim other than a certain "perception" that permeates my mind at times of hardship and joy.

Loki
04-01-2009, 12:32 AM
It would have to be the insistence in my belief that God exists and watches over us as a concerned parent.

Fucking bad parent if you ask me. I demand to speak to child welfare.

Ulf
04-01-2009, 12:35 AM

He said concerned, not involved. ;)

Loddfafner
04-01-2009, 12:35 AM
Nothing can be proven. As the philosophers assert, only disproof is possible. Uncertainty is my guide, and a generally reliable one. For practical purposes, I settle for evidence and a plausible narrative structure to fit it in.

Beorn
04-01-2009, 12:39 AM

Joking aside - and as Ulf said - it is a concerned parent I refer to.

I am concerned of the well being of my children 24/7, but am fully accepting that they are not within my grasp at every waking moment and not under my full protection and are susceptible to life's dangers regardless.

Beorn
04-01-2009, 02:29 AM
That we all descend to this mortal life with a mission.
A sense of purpose that far exceeds our infinitesimal human minds, and we should really begin to understand the meaning rather than the reasoning.

WARNING: Video (http://theync.com/media.php?name=8919-horribly-diseased-baby) - Disturbing 3:40 most will ever see.

Murphy
04-01-2009, 02:32 AM
"what do you believe is true even though you cannot prove it?"

Elvis Presley is alive, alcohol is good for you in large quantities and interdimensional travel is possible using Black Holes.

Ulf
04-01-2009, 02:34 AM
Elvis Presley is alive, alcohol is good for you in large quantities and interdimensional travel is possible using Black Holes.

What White holes aren't good enough for ya!?

Murphy
04-01-2009, 02:41 AM
What White holes aren't good enough for ya!?

As long as it has long legs and blonde hair, i'm good :thumbs up!

Beorn
04-01-2009, 02:43 AM
As long as it has long legs and blond hair, i'm good :thumbs up!

http://www.coolest-toys.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/beach-fun-barbie-blonde-j0709.jpg

:mmmm:

Loki
04-01-2009, 02:49 AM
As long as it has long legs and blond hair, i'm good :thumbs up!

Damn you've just managed to offend the entire Irish race.

Murphy
04-01-2009, 02:50 AM
http://www.coolest-toys.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/beach-fun-barbie-blonde-j0709.jpg

:mmmm:

Oh please! I like natural blondes :p!

Murphy
04-01-2009, 02:53 AM
Damn you've just managed to offend the entire Irish race.

I'm sure a few rounds in the pub will clear any ill-feelings amongst my countrymen :p.

Gooding
04-01-2009, 03:09 AM
I believe we walk with our ancestors and vice versa. I also believe in reincarnation in the family line, also that we need Nature far more than she needs us.I believe in karma and utter Justice, although I don't think that we as humans are capable of it.

Loki
04-01-2009, 03:16 AM
I believe SuuT is a God who has come down from heaven to deliver us from the Dutch.

Barreldriver
04-01-2009, 03:59 AM
WARNING: Video (http://theync.com/media.php?name=8919-horribly-diseased-baby) - Disturbing 3:40 most will ever see.

Honestly I would kill that child if it were mine, sounds cruel, however #1 with such a deformity it cannot have much of a chance at a decent life and would not be a benefit to society from what I can tell.

It clearly has Harlequin Disease, and given these following symptoms there is no way possible it can contribute at all to society and would either die really young or drain government aid:

The features of sufferers are deformed facially and cranially. The ears may be very poorly developed or absent entirely, as may the nose. The eyelids are severely everted (ectropion), which leaves the eyes and the area around them very susceptible to trauma. They often bleed upon birth. The lips, pulled by the dry skin, are fixed into a wide grimace (eclabium). Arms, feet, and fingers are almost always deformed in such a way that they cannot bend properly, and may be below the normal size. They present hypoplasia in the fingers; therefore, they cannot grab things properly, or they can barely touch them. Polydactyly, a condition in which one has more than the usual number of toes or fingers, has also been found in these infants.

They are extremely susceptible to changes in temperature due to their armor-like skin, which prevents normal heat loss. This can result in hyperthermia. Their respiration is also restricted by the skin, which impedes the chest wall from expanding and drawing in enough air. This can lead to hypoventilation and respiratory failure. Harlequins are often dehydrated, as their plated skin is not well suited to keeping water in.

The deformities in the eyes and ears hinder any success in any visual careers, the deformed hands would hinder any success in any field, the armor like skin would cause severe issues with body temperature making any physical activity that would be worth while out of the question, need I go on? The thing clearly needs to be "disposed" of.

Now on to the thing I believe in but cannot prove:

I believe in ancestral memories, I believe that certain dreams and the sort are inherited experiences and memories of your forefathers and by seeing these dreams you are gaining a look into the past and a first hand glance into the lives of your ancestors.

Absinthe
04-01-2009, 09:04 AM
Reincarnation :)

Beorn
04-01-2009, 02:43 PM
Honestly I would kill that child if it were mine

No you wouldn't. :)

...it cannot have much of a chance at a decent life and would not be a benefit to society from what I can tell.

In today's world, who says every living human has to be able to contribute to society, or benefit by some financial means?

Manifest Destiny
04-01-2009, 02:48 PM
I believe that Eva Mendes was born with a penis. She looks like a man in drag and I have no idea why some people keep putting her on lists of sexiest women.

Beorn
04-01-2009, 02:51 PM
It was a very good operation then! :D

http://www.stupidcollege.com/Images/Sexy_Eva_Mendes.jpg

Manifest Destiny
04-01-2009, 02:56 PM
It was a very good operation then! :D

http://www.stupidcollege.com/Images/Sexy_Eva_Mendes.jpg

She still has a man-face. And she's not white, by the way.

Barreldriver
04-01-2009, 04:34 PM
No you wouldn't. :)

In today's world, who says every living human has to be able to contribute to society, or benefit by some financial means?

That child is going to have a miserable existence, there is nothing good about the symptoms it would suffer, it has zero use of bodily funcitons due to the deformities in the joints caused by the condition, it will not be able to regulate body temperature due to the plate skin and would either dehydrate or die of heat stroke, and the plate skin would prevent proper sweating thus allowing moisture buildup around the chest and thus causing suffocation, now who in their right mind would think that in any world that is a being that should be alive, by keeping it alive is equal to torture, give it a swift clean death that way it wouldn't feel anything and put it out of the misery it's already in and would be in if it were able to grow.

Beorn
04-01-2009, 04:42 PM
As I said before: "That we all descend to this mortal life with a mission.
A sense of purpose that far exceeds our infinitesimal human minds, and we should really begin to understand the meaning rather than the reasoning."

Every life has a soul. Every soul has a purpose, a journey of enlightenment, and this life is the host stage for this journey.
This child may very well be in terrible pain, but that is the life path it chose.

Octothorpe
06-15-2009, 10:05 PM
1.) I believe, but cannot prove to the satisfaction of everyone NOT on this forum, that the average White person is superior to the average Black/African. Note that I said average, as you find the occasional Black genius and countless numbers of White imbeciles.

2.) I believe that liberty and freedom are always, in all cases, superior to government interference and middle-class prudery.

3.) I believe the greatest sound in the known universe is the laughter of a happy baby.

Tabiti
06-16-2009, 06:12 AM
1. Afterlife. I have some experience got in "contact" with already dead people, as well as my mother and other people I know, but still think I don't have any serious proves.
2. "Godlike" beings/energies. There are laws in this Universe and those, who break them got which they deserve sooner or later. Know lots of stories about justice...
3. The older races and civilizations - Atlants, Lemurians, Hyperboreans and so on.
4. Our ancestors were not monkeys.
5. Out of Africa theory is totally wrong and "racial correct".
6. The connection of Tibet with all world history and nations' origin.
7. The relation and one origin of Thracians with Bulgarians (ancient ones).
8. Some people are born to be more stupid than others.

Lulletje Rozewater
06-16-2009, 07:19 AM
:D:D
And his nickname is:Where are my testicles

HawkR
06-16-2009, 08:33 AM
That life has no meaning and excistense is useless. We're all going toward an unavoiding doom in one way or another. That all the happiness and joy is far from enough to keep anyone living for long without the try of suicide. But also that we keep going constantnly for no spesific reasons, instinct maybe. We fight every day, we worry every day, we struggle every day, but we do also feel joy and happiness every day. We gain and loose friends and loved ones, we have to live through the death of our parents and friends, we'll have to witness defeat but also victory. We'll have kids and see them grow up, we'll see them leave, we'll help them with their problems and hopefully they will repay us when we get older. All in all; there's two sides of life and even though the shitty part is clearly biggest, life's still worth living in the long run.

Svarog
06-16-2009, 09:07 AM
I believe that the gay society have huge influence on almost all happenings in Europe and Canada, and that they effectively influence all the events in these regions.

Eldritch
06-16-2009, 05:42 PM
I don't believe in anything I have no proof of. There are some things I don't believe in, but do no disbelieve, either -- I'll just suspennd jugdment for the time being.

Bloodeagle
06-16-2009, 10:28 PM
I believe that I know the difference between sh*t and shinola! :D

Finsterer Streiter
06-17-2009, 10:05 AM
[center][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=4][color=#003366][b]"what do you believe is true even though you cannot prove it?"

There´re superior species somewhere in the universe and they will come to beat the shit out of us one day. :P

Lulletje Rozewater
06-18-2009, 08:41 AM
That life has no meaning and excistense is useless. We're all going toward an unavoiding doom in one way or another. That all the happiness and joy is far from enough to keep anyone living for long without the try of suicide. But also that we keep going constantnly for no spesific reasons, instinct maybe. We fight every day, we worry every day, we struggle every day, but we do also feel joy and happiness every day. We gain and loose friends and loved ones, we have to live through the death of our parents and friends, we'll have to witness defeat but also victory. We'll have kids and see them grow up, we'll see them leave, we'll help them with their problems and hopefully they will repay us when we get older. All in all; there's two sides of life and even though the shitty part is clearly biggest, life's still worth living in the long run.

LIFE is only interested in the evolution of intelligence,not in the evolution of the body as such,which means that we are not the end product.
The we homo sapiens sapiens are the most destructive organism ever produced is an understatement.
Actually we are an aberration/mutation of a living being from the past,a joke and a bad one at that. Our organs are not specialized,we have no special attributes other than a sick and under developed brain.
However, the female has the task to make us better, and somewhere there must be a Mitochondrial Eve to do this.
Which Apricity is the Mitochondrila Eve:wink:wink:thumb001:

Zardoz
08-07-2009, 03:35 AM
I believe that there is no God; I believe that Human Beings ultimately developed from some primordial goo. I can't prove this, but it is what I believe. I also believe that everyone has the right to believe otherwise provided they don't try to get me to think as they do, if they do, I'll simply return the favour and the endless argument begins again. I guess I believe in "live and let live".

Germanicus
08-08-2009, 10:04 PM
I would like to be told the truth about my personal pension fund amount on my retirement, they say the amount calculated is true at this moment, but i would be an old fool to believe them.

Lulletje Rozewater
08-15-2009, 07:35 AM
My shadow is my better half,it makes love without being detected.

Liffrea
08-17-2009, 08:34 PM
Purpose and equilibrium.

I probably can't prove either, but I firmly believe in both. We all have a path, some take many lives to find it, everything equals out in the end, perhaps not how you would like or even beneficial for you, but whether that matters depends on how important (in real terms) you think you are.

08-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Precognition