PDA

View Full Version : What do non-Orthodox Europeans thinks about Orthodox Europeans and Orthodox Christianity?

Robocop
01-08-2021, 07:55 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/archive/3/36/20090611185239%21Reviewed_version_of_Eastern_Ortho doxy_in_Europe.pnghttps://c0.klipartz.com/pngpicture/560/206/gratis-png-iglesia-ortodoxa-rusa-cruz-ortodoxa-rusa-iglesia-ortodoxa-oriental-cruz-cristiana-cruz-ortodoxa.png

I'm Catholic, and I for one really respect Orthodox Christianity and Orthodox Christians (even Serbs lol), they're somehow mysterious to me.

Our Catholic religion broke from Orthodox Christianity 1000 years ago, but I think (I am convinced) that we share same traditional values in terms of history etc..., once we fought togethar against COMMON ENEMY; Islam, and... if that time ever comes again, we should do it again.

I think Orthodox Christianity stood it's ground very proudly having in mind they (and all of us Europeans) lost Constantinople 1453 to ASIAN TURKS.

Constantinople was a DIAMOND of European and Christian culture, Rome & Constantinople were two eyes in the head of ONE EAGLE.

Now we have only Rome, and Orthodox Christians are left with no real holy city for themselves. Anyway... I was researching Orthodox Christianity from today's and history point of view, I think they kept much more traditions than we Catholics in terms that they still really care for their religion, and we... we are just fucked up, we sold our tradition and ourselves because OF BITCHES LIKE MERKEL, but it doesn't mean we will not rise again.

Orthodox Christians sometimes thinks of Vatican as some evil, but let me tell you somethin Orthodox Christians: As long as Rome and Vatican exists, it is also yours city and HOPE that this continent will never fall under Islam.

SALUT to our Orthodox-Christians brothers.

Robocop
01-09-2021, 03:32 AM
bump

Blondie
01-09-2021, 03:33 AM
Thanks but i prefer catholicism :thumb001:

Robocop
01-09-2021, 03:34 AM

It's not about your religion, the question is what is your opinion in general about Orthodox Christians.

Blondie
01-09-2021, 03:35 AM
It's not about your religion, the question is what is your opinion in general about Orthodox Christians.

Neutral, but they should take back Constantinople i would support that :)

PaleoEuropean
01-09-2021, 03:38 AM
They are Catholics with sprinkles. I honestly don't know a ton about Orthodox Christianity; but they are more less archaic Catholics imo. I like their churches and stuff, they have a cool aesthetic.

Dick
01-09-2021, 03:41 AM
They are Catholics with sprinkles. I honestly don't know a ton about Orthodox Christianity; but they are more less archaic Catholics imo. I like their churches and stuff, they have a cool aesthetic.

the Orthodox Church has never accepted the pope as de jure leader of the entire church. All bishops are equal "as Peter", therefore every church under every bishop (consecrated in apostolic succession) is fully complete (the original meaning of catholic).

Óttar
01-09-2021, 03:54 AM
There are Eastern Rite aka "Byzantine" Catholic churches that are in communion with Rome, but that have an "orthodox"-style liturgy. Perhaps you should research those.

The Lawspeaker
01-09-2021, 04:02 AM

Seconded.

Robocop
01-09-2021, 04:03 AM
the Orthodox Church has never accepted the pope as de jure leader of the entire church. All bishops are equal "as Peter", therefore every church under every bishop (consecrated in apostolic succession) is fully complete (the original meaning of catholic).

Even though...

Apostle (Saint) Peter (before killed by Romans in Rome between 64-68 AD) said to first Christians; "Build a Church on remains of my body" (and yes, the Church was build in Rome above remainings of his body, that is today's Vatican, Peter was buried in catacombs in Rome).

He also (according to early Christians) said, that all others who will came after him (as a leaders of the Jesus house/Church) should be new "Peters", and those were/are the Popes.

So in fact all Popes are Peter's successors AND APOSTLE (SAINT) PETER WAS THE FIRST POPE :).

When Christianity was legalized in Roman Empire by Emperor Constinatine in 313 AD, Christian Church was still united ofcourse (western and eastern) and they all recognized the Popes.

The thing was:

When Roman Empire (Western) fell 476 AD, Constantionple and Eastern Roman Empire (Byzantines) was the only thing that remained from Roman Empire, and in the same time Vatican/Rome still existed.

Slowly trough centuries there was "invisible" rivalry between Rome and Constantinople, let's not forget that Pope Leo III crowned Frenkish King (barbarian) Charles the great as "Roman emperor" ONLY TO PROVOKE Byzantine Empire.

How "advanced" was Frenkish Empire and Western Europe (after the fall of Western Roman Empire) says the fact that King Charles the great COULDN'T READ OR WRITE, while in the same time Byzantine Empire WAS THE CENTER OF THE ENTIRE HUMAN CIVILIZATION AND DEVELOPMENT of that time.

That was 8th century.

Slowly but surely rivalry between Rome and Constantinople turned into arguing about teleological christian issues. For example; crisis of idolatry in Christianity. Orthodox Christians had opinion that we shouldn't bow to IDOLS of Jesus, Mary and saints in churches, and they called that as idolatry, which is against Christianity, and I agree haha.

But Rome was persistant that's not blasphemy.

Also Pope was always undermining Byzantine Empire, let's not forget he called Byzantine Empire IN PURPOSE as: GREEK EMPIRE, while everyone else in the world (even Arabs) called them: Roman Empire.

Even though that empire truly was made of Greeks, but the point was that those same Greeks called themselves as Romans because of legacy and tradition.

Finally Christian Church divided itself in 1054 on Western (Catholic) Church and Eastern (Orthodox) Church, till this very day.

When Constantinople fell 1453 to Ottoman asian dogs, entire Europe was shocked, even the Pope, and yet... Pope never helped Byzantine Empire, he never believed Constantinople can fall, also he wanted Constantinople WEAK, but he never expected to fall.

Finally Pope sent help, but it was too late, Constantinople was already gone and in the hands of Asians.

sean
01-09-2021, 08:17 AM
Orthodox Churches are so ethnic based which makes it a little hard to be a universal religion. You go to Orthodox Churches in the west and they are very cliquey, basically social clubs for Eastern European diaspora, and have languages in the service of the original country rather than English.

I just don't think "Jesus Christ's own Church" would be like that. I do respect Orthodoxy for its mysticism, but it simply did not a feel like a universal faith to me, more of a cultural thing.

As for Catholicism, I cannot see how anyone would choose to follow a pope that licks negro feet over someone that blesses Kalashnikovs. What defense is there for Catholics?

https://i.imgur.com/AYba9aC.png

Nevertheless, Greek Orthodox in the US are no more right wing than Italian or Irish Catholics (Catholics had the Kennedys, Orthodox had Dukakis). Likewise, Catholics in Eastern Europe are just as right wing as Orthodox in Eastern Europe.

Basically, Greece for Greeks, Italy for Italians, Ireland for the Irish, but Anglosphere is for every cunt in this world.

https://i.imgur.com/oYCuV7O.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/oAUEuAo.png