PDA

View Full Version : Classify typical Frisian males

Redmar
01-16-2021, 08:20 PM
https://www.photo-pick.com/online/wfbBtJ4W.link

A small collection of Frisian males from my area in Friesland. Put them all together in an album.

Kivan
01-16-2021, 08:26 PM
Third man looks Borreby + Nordid.

The rest look like mixes of Nordid (Corded and Hallstatt) and Faelid (thus resulting in Tronder and Anglo-Saxon phenotypes), mainly.

hurtuv
01-16-2021, 08:29 PM
How different are Frisians from people from, say, Limburg?

Immanenz
01-16-2021, 08:30 PM
Nordo-Cromags in various forms. :thumb001:

Redmar
01-16-2021, 08:33 PM

In terms of phenotypes Frisians are distinctively more a mix of UP and Nordid while Limburgers are primarily Kelto-Nordid and Borreby mixes, thus not far of Flemish people or Brabanders.

Oliver109
01-16-2021, 08:35 PM
Very Nordocromagnid people, despite many English having Frisian ancestors i would say they are quite distinct in general from us but seem to resemble many rural American groups more i think.

Redmar
01-16-2021, 08:41 PM
Very Nordocromagnid people, despite many English having Frisian ancestors i would say they are quite distinct in general from us but seem to resemble many rural American groups more i think.

I believe there was a drain from AS types and other Germanic English types to the rest of the Anglosphere. England today seems to retained most of it's ancient Kelto-Nordids and other stock mixed with the remaining AS types among others.

PlattitüdenPaule
01-16-2021, 08:43 PM
Third one looks almost exactly like me.

Oliver109
01-16-2021, 08:48 PM
I believe there was a drain from AS types and other Germanic English types to the rest of the Anglosphere. England today seems to retained most of it's ancient Kelto-Nordids and other stock mixed with the remaining AS types among others.

Correct though these Frisians are more like types seen in the North of England in general, they are quite common in parts of East Anglia unsurprisingly but in general we are darker haired anyway so would only have some resemblance to these fine people!

Redmar
01-16-2021, 08:54 PM
Correct though these Frisians are more like types seen in the North of England in general, they are quite common in parts of East Anglia unsurprisingly but in general we are darker haired anyway so would only have some resemblance to these fine people!

Imo most of England competes with Flanders and the Southern provinces of the Netherlands for blondism. Friesland, Groningen and bordering parts are more comparable to Jutland in terms of blondism.

Oliver109
01-16-2021, 08:55 PM
Correct, i remember when Eindhoven football fans came to London, they looked almost identical to the local English fans.

Redmar
01-16-2021, 09:00 PM
Correct, i remember when Eindhoven football fans came to London, they looked almost identical to the local English fans.

Obviously, if you would put a bunch of East-Anglians and some Hollanders or Frisians together it would be nearly impossible for them to distinguish between themselves based on phenotype.

Oliver109
01-16-2021, 09:03 PM
Obviously, if you would put a bunch of East-Anglians and some Hollanders or Frisians together it would be nearly impossible for them to distinguish between themselves based on phenotype.

Some Frisians look distinct, like the second man in your photos does not look English, though i imagine most English people would not see him as that foreign looking.

Redmar
01-16-2021, 09:09 PM

Redmar
01-16-2021, 09:10 PM
Some Frisians look distinct, like the second man in your photos does not look English, though i imagine most English people would not see him as that foreign looking.

Frisians look more Scandinavian what is not that common among the English, the second-guy is a local celebrity and he represents half of men here morphologically. If I would film a video in some Frisian towns and villages in my area most people would think it's somewhere in Scandinavia like Jutland or along Kattegat.

Oliver109
01-16-2021, 09:16 PM
Frisians look more Scandinavian what is not that common among the English, the second-guy is a local celebrity and he represents half of men here morphologically. If I would film a video in some Frisian towns and villages in my area most people would think it's somewhere in Scandinavia like Jutland or along Kattegat.
My thoughts as well, are the Germans from just over the border roughly the same or more like the general German population?

Redmar
01-16-2021, 09:23 PM
My thoughts as well, are the Germans from just over the border roughly the same or more like the general German population?

Germans from Lower-Saxony and Ostfriesland are within range of your average Frisian and Groninger, there are slightly more Dinarid influences over the border of Groningen.

hurtuv
01-16-2021, 09:32 PM

How would one explain a drain of a certain group of phenotypes but not others in probabilistic terms though?:confused:

Ruggery
01-16-2021, 09:35 PM
Exists baltid phenotype in frisians?

Oliver109
01-16-2021, 09:35 PM
How would one explain a drain of a certain group of phenotypes but not others in probabilistic terms though?:confused:
There were supposed to be certain traits associated with certain phenotypes, Carleton Coon and Madison Grant spoke about Nordic people as being more adventurous and also wealthy(the two go hand in hand) while Alpine and Med types were spoken of as being more sedentary, even today the Brits that are seen adventuring in the more exotic parts of the world tend to be of the more Nordic types in general.

Davystayn
01-16-2021, 09:38 PM
Some of those guys look unchanged from the 6th century! The mechanics look like rural deep south Americans

Redmar
01-16-2021, 09:38 PM

Other factors are at play. Most early English immigrants to the 13 colonies were rural English farmers from the Eastern parts of England.

Redmar
01-16-2021, 09:40 PM
Exists baltid phenotype in frisians?

A very minor element within the Frisian population.

Ruggery
01-16-2021, 09:42 PM
A very minor element within the Frisian population.

And in other Dutch?

hurtuv
01-16-2021, 09:44 PM
There were supposed to be certain traits associated with certain phenotypes, Carleton Coon and Madison Grant spoke about Nordic people as being more adventurous and also wealthy(the two go hand in hand) while Alpine and Med types were spoken of as being more sedentary, even today the Brits that are seen adventuring in the more exotic parts of the world tend to be of the more Nordic types in general.

Far fetched and dubious but interesting. Maybe that explains why a fair amount of Central/Northern European tourists here tend to be slightly lighter than their average by my experience. Could also provide an explanation for the whole mystery of why footballers tend to be darker in some places, it's something that has been noticed repeatedly, even the Blade's studies reflect that.

Oliver109
And in other Dutch?

Probably even more minor though our Dutch expert here will probably confirm.

Redmar
And in other Dutch?

Within all of the Low Countries it barely exists.

Davystayn
01-16-2021, 09:45 PM
England had a lot of back migration from Ireland, Wales etc over the last 150 years, from the industrial revolution, so many English have roots from Ireland etc these days. By this time most migration to US, Australia etc had already taken place.

I think you can can see more representative types in parts of the US, Australia etc because of this

Oliver109
01-16-2021, 09:46 PM
And in other Dutch?

Ruggery
01-16-2021, 09:46 PM
Curiously I realized that Baltid exists in all Germanic groups except the Dutch and British.

Redmar
01-16-2021, 09:48 PM
Curiously I realized that Baltid exists in all Germanic groups except the Dutch and British.

Hedeby in Denmark and Germany obviously has more Baltid types.

Oliver109
01-16-2021, 09:51 PM
Far fetched and dubious but interesting. Maybe that explains why a fair amount of Central/Northern European tourists here tend to be slightly lighter than their average by my experience. Could also provide an explanation for the whole mystery of why footballers tend to be darker in some places, it's something that has been noticed repeatedly, even the Blade's studies reflect that.

I noticed a lot of tourists in Portugal from France were quite light and very Germanic looking, the poorer ones tend to go to Spain i think, especially with Brits so they tend to be more Brunn or Paleo Atlantid in general. Football fans in England are darker than the general population, that was confirmed by a few links i posted comparing football fans with rowing fans(a wealthy persons sport) and the results clearly showed a difference.

Ruggery
01-16-2021, 09:51 PM
Hedeby in Denmark and Germany obviously has more Baltid types.

Yes, Norway and Sweden too.

Oliver109
01-16-2021, 09:53 PM
Yes, Norway and Sweden too.

Sweden by far i think though Norway has quite a few.

Redmar
01-16-2021, 09:54 PM
I noticed a lot of tourists in Portugal from France were quite light and very Germanic looking, the poorer ones tend to go to Spain i think, especially with Brits so they tend to be more Brunn or Paleo Atlantid in general. Football fans in England are darker than the general population, that was confirmed by a few links i posted comparing football fans with rowing fans(a wealthy persons sport) and the results clearly showed a difference.

Anglo-Saxon hierarches and elites probably established some sort of generational wealth to their offsprings.

Redmar
01-16-2021, 09:57 PM
Some of those guys look unchanged from the 6th century! The mechanics look like rural deep south Americans

Angles, Jutes and Saxons passed through Gronignen and Friesland to get over the North Sea to England from the 4th to 6th century.

hurtuv
01-16-2021, 09:59 PM
Anglo-Saxon hierarches and elites probably established some sort of generational wealth to their offsprings.

It's probably been way too long for something like that to perpetuate imo.

Ruggery
01-16-2021, 10:01 PM
Angles, Jutes and Saxons passed through Gronignen and Friesland to get over the North Sea to England from the 4th to 6th century.

Did the Friesians interact with the Vikings?

hurtuv
01-16-2021, 10:01 PM

Can you post the links here or send them directly to me?

Redmar
01-16-2021, 10:08 PM
Did the Friesians interact with the Vikings?

Yeah, from the 8th onto the 9th century, mainly Dane vikings which are basically Anglo-Saxons. There was viking rulership in Frisia by two royal brothers. You can read about Rorik of Dorestad who was a Danish viking that ruled Frisia upon his death when his brother afterwards took over the earldom of Frisia.

Redmar
01-16-2021, 10:15 PM
Yeah, from the 8th onto the 9th century, mainly Dane vikings which are basically Anglo-Saxons. There was viking rulership in Frisia by two royal brothers. You can read about Rorik of Dorestad who was a Danish viking that ruled Frisia upon his death when his brother afterwards took over the earldom of Frisia.

It's very likely those vikings left trace of genetic input in modern-day NH, Friesland and Groningen since a third of Frisians carry the haplogroup I1 and subclades that are associated with viking exploration.

Oliver109
01-16-2021, 10:17 PM
Can you post the links here or send them directly to me?

Football
https://i2-prod.getreading.co.uk/incoming/article17382437.ece/ALTERNATES/s1227b/0_JS200714769.jpg
https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/resources/images/10491210.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=responsive-gallery

Rowing
https://www.henleyherald.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/regatta-2019-sun2019565-700x467.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/XPmmVSV5o5D89tadkKSbWzLUmyMKBcbRgJxJZEBpBjIsn7q8QH NTJduqRD_70f0cwcWb4qJlcn1snRayAwnS_ZCkoRPY36YftvY5 OT6uws_xOhfjsF1PwHCR5X3D4oKJIONlmw
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1770/6343/files/Oxford_Brookes-59.jpg?v=1498485192

Ruggery
01-16-2021, 10:24 PM
Football
https://i2-prod.getreading.co.uk/incoming/article17382437.ece/ALTERNATES/s1227b/0_JS200714769.jpg
https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/resources/images/10491210.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=responsive-gallery

Rowing
https://www.henleyherald.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/regatta-2019-sun2019565-700x467.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/XPmmVSV5o5D89tadkKSbWzLUmyMKBcbRgJxJZEBpBjIsn7q8QH NTJduqRD_70f0cwcWb4qJlcn1snRayAwnS_ZCkoRPY36YftvY5 OT6uws_xOhfjsF1PwHCR5X3D4oKJIONlmw
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1770/6343/files/Oxford_Brookes-59.jpg?v=1498485192

The English of football seem more French from the north or Belgians, the English of rowing seem more Germanic.

Oliver109
01-16-2021, 10:26 PM
I sort of agree though i would say they are more like the Welsh and the Irish, the rowing fans do look very Germanic, what is also interesting is that they both come from the same county in England.

Redmar
01-16-2021, 10:38 PM
I sort of agree though i would say they are more like the Welsh and the Irish, the rowing fans do look very Germanic, what is also interesting is that they both come from the same county in England.

The rowing fans definitely look more Germanic, but not all of them can easily pass as clearly Dutch or Frisian, I would associate them at first-hand with Flemish people.

Immanenz
01-16-2021, 10:41 PM
The English of football seem more French from the north or Belgians, the English of rowing seem more Germanic.

:picard2:

Fans vs Athlethes and female supporters who tend to have more light hair for a few reasons.
But if look more carefully - the fans look distinctive British.

More interesting comparison: native English footballers in lower leauges vs rowers. For some reasons people in higher leauges like EPl / Championship tend to be more mixed. English working class had Irish input, so no wonder they are darker haired and less Germanic looking

Tooting Carmen
01-16-2021, 10:51 PM
Robust CM types.

Davystayn
01-16-2021, 10:53 PM
Is it fair to say Friesland, being the very northernmost region of the Netherlands, is as pure germanic as you can get?

Redmar
01-16-2021, 10:56 PM
Is it fair to say Friesland, being the very northernmost region of the Netherlands, is as pure germanic as you can get?

You can say that with a small tiny bit of hesitation. One of the haplogroups associated with Germanic speakers (R1B-U106) is said to have been birthed in Friesland, no wonder The Netherlands as a whole and Friesland in particular has the highest frequency of R1B-U106 in Europe.

Creoda
01-16-2021, 10:59 PM

Fans vs Athlethes and female supporters who tend to have more light hair for a few reasons.

More interesting comparison: native English footballers in lower leauges vs rowers. For some reasons people in higher leauges like EPl / Championship tend to be more mixed. English working class had Irish input, so no wonder they are darker haired and less Germanic looking
I'm currently counting the pigmentation of hundreds of English International Cricketers, and so far they are lighter, at least in hair, than their footballer counterparts, but I'd largely put that down to them being more English, as they mostly come from more rural backgrounds, and have fewer Irish/Welsh/Scottish names. Afterwards I'll do Rugby Union internationals. That will be a better study than a handful of cherrypicked photos.

Jana
01-16-2021, 10:59 PM

We thought so before, but even they have minor Celtic input. Very minor compared to south Dutch though and it's probably northern-British Celtic like.
Ancient Germanic samples always came out closest to southern Norwegians so far.

But yes, they are def. part of Germanic core.

Redmar
01-16-2021, 11:05 PM
We thought so before, but even they have minor Celtic input. Very minor compared to south Dutch though and it's probably northern-British Celtic like.
Ancient Germanic samples always came out closest to southern Norwegians so far.

But yes, they are def. part of Germanic core.

Norwegians are mostly Troenders mixed with UP?

Jana
01-16-2021, 11:08 PM

I think so, Troender seems to peak there. I remember watching handball and Norwegian males looked bit more mature than Swedish guys, maybe tad more dark haired and bit more reddish too.
PS I forgot to classify guys in the OP - Nordic-CM (Borreby/Faelid) mixes mostly, they look very Germanic.

Art23
01-16-2021, 11:12 PM
They don't look like you, if that's you in your avatar, that's my first subjective impression.

The second impression is that some look very north-eastern. Numbers 3 and 6 could be Finns. Number 4 is probably the most south-western.

Davystayn
01-16-2021, 11:12 PM
I remember this thread about Frisians from early last year:
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?315907-Frisians-how-Anglo-Saxons-looked-like-before-mixing-with-Celts/page21

Redmar
01-16-2021, 11:15 PM
They don't look like you, if that's you in your avatar, that's my first subjective impression.

The second impression is that some look very north-eastern. Numbers 3 and 6 could be Finns. Number 4 is probably the most south-western.

I'm quite a standout in someway, did a post about my classification. People have a hard time classifying me. The general consensus was me being for the most part Faelid with some unknown exotic admixture, some said West-Baltid even.

Art23
01-16-2021, 11:24 PM
I'm quite a standout in someway, did a post about my classification. People have a hard time classifying me.

You remind me some Belgians I saw in another forum. I don't know if there were migrations from Belgium to West-Friesland.

Redmar
01-16-2021, 11:27 PM
You remind me some Belgians I saw in another forum. I don't know if there were migrations from Belgium to West-Friesland.

There were the ancient Frisii who settled along some parts of Flanders. But they weren't too far off from the Angles and Saxons who settled later on in Friesland.

Oliver109
01-16-2021, 11:30 PM

These football fans come from Berkshire which is mostly English in ancestry, you will not find many people of Irish descent watching a team in a town 40 miles outside London, here are some players and rowers for comparison

https://www.footballtradedirectory.com/images/pictures/news-images/kings-lynn-reserves.jpg?v=9a9159a1
https://img-res.pitchero.com/?url=images.pitchero.com%2Fui%2F2200550%2Fimage_5f 55dbc995431.jpeg&h=360&w=640&t=square&q=87&o=jpg

https://www.maidenheadrc.org.uk/images/Juniorscrop.jpeg
https://www.maidenhead-advertiser.co.uk/resizer/748/503/true/GN4_DAT_5247567.jpg--.jpg?1548341877000

Tooting Carmen
01-17-2021, 12:23 AM
These football fans come from Berkshire which is mostly English in ancestry, you will not find many people of Irish descent watching a team in a town 40 miles outside London, here are some players and rowers for comparison

https://www.footballtradedirectory.com/images/pictures/news-images/kings-lynn-reserves.jpg?v=9a9159a1
https://img-res.pitchero.com/?url=images.pitchero.com%2Fui%2F2200550%2Fimage_5f 55dbc995431.jpeg&h=360&w=640&t=square&q=87&o=jpg

https://www.maidenheadrc.org.uk/images/Juniorscrop.jpeg
https://www.maidenhead-advertiser.co.uk/resizer/748/503/true/GN4_DAT_5247567.jpg--.jpg?1548341877000

Dream on - Slough and to a lesser extent Reading are two of the most multi-ethnic towns in Britain, while places like Maidenhead and Wokingham are less homogeneous than you'd expect too.

Oliver109
01-17-2021, 12:27 AM
Dream on - Slough and to a lesser extent Reading are two of the most multi-ethnic towns in Britain, while places like Maidenhead and Wokingham are less homogeneous than you'd expect too.

True though the Reading fans will come from all over Berkshire, in London where i am from most of the ethnic minorities support Liverpool, Arsenal or Man U even West Ham and Tottenham's fan base is very English let alone the smaller London clubs which are overwhelmingly white in terms of their support.

XenophobicPrussian
01-17-2021, 12:47 AM
I have unreleased numbers on some of Blade's Swedish and Estonian samples, actors and singers are darker haired than footballers, by a decent amount too, atleast in that sample of Estonians and Swedes. Footballers and politicians are about equal but footballers still lighter within the margin of error.

I wouldn't call that confirmed lol, you need much higher sample sizes and crowd photos can differ because of lighting, etc. Not to mention the football fans had much more people as well as much more males.

Ruggery
01-17-2021, 01:14 AM
Another detail that I noticed is that those people tan well like Germans and Swedes, the British tend to turn red like crabs and don't tan.

Oliver109
01-17-2021, 01:21 AM
Another detail that I noticed is that those people tan well like Germans and Swedes, the British tend to turn red like crabs and don't tan.

Could that be a Baltic or Alpine derived trait? i have noticed the same sort of complexion among Poles and Lithuanians, infact it seems to be a general trait seen across the whole of northern and eastern Europe.

Tooting Carmen
01-17-2021, 01:22 AM

Myth. If anything, the percentage of naturally olive-skinned people is higher than in Sweden and no lower than in Germany.

Redmar
01-17-2021, 01:23 AM
Frisians are paler in average complexion than the rest of the Dutch, but only slightly so. Probably because of the fact that there are a bit more redheads among Frisians. Brits are just way off compared to Dutch, Germans and Swedes.

Oliver109
01-17-2021, 01:28 AM
Myth. If anything, the percentage of naturally olive-skinned people is higher than in Sweden and no lower than in Germany.

True though the Dutch and Swedes tend to be somewhat inbetween olive and pale, they seem to have a sort of pale yellow complexion generally while the English can vary from a virtually olive colour to often very pale.

Tooting Carmen
01-17-2021, 01:30 AM
True though the Dutch and Swedes tend to be somewhat inbetween olive and pale, they seem to have a sort of pale yellow complexion generally

Any examples?

Oliver109
01-17-2021, 01:42 AM
Any examples?

This sort of tanned look, it seems typical of the region
https://www.hockeysneek.nl/files/profielen/teams/528.jpg
https://www.harlingermhc.nl/files/profielen/teams/505.jpg

Grace O'Malley
01-17-2021, 03:08 AM

I don't think they look particularly Irish or why they would look more Irish than English? Here's a search of Irish that is google generated so not picked for any particular look.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Irish+GAA+fans&sxsrf=ALeKk02TcSfHu5PbC_QmzU55uG9LGHba0Q:161085612 6850&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiBk-bZiqLuAhVD4jgGHSNFAhsQ_AUoAXoECA4QAw&biw=1366&bih=638

Hic et nunc
01-17-2021, 11:53 AM
Overall, many of them can easily pass in northern France but, as a group, they look more Germanic.

Norb
01-17-2021, 12:07 PM

agree

Norb
01-17-2021, 12:12 PM
they look Viking more than North Sea/Anglo-Saxon/English look in my view

Oliver109
01-17-2021, 12:14 PM
they look Viking more than North Sea/Anglo-Saxon/English look in my view

In a way they look more Viking than many Scandinavians that are posted on here!

Davystayn
01-17-2021, 01:05 PM
Yes I agree, I also think they look more viking than many scandis posted here

Ruggery
01-17-2021, 03:34 PM
In a way they look more Viking than many Scandinavians that are posted on here!

Example?

Oliver109
01-17-2021, 04:39 PM
Example?

Well many Scandi's show too much Baltid influence to be typically Viking imo, these men just look like pure Germanic types if there ever was such a thing and one could easily imagine them raiding the coasts of North Britain and Normandy, there are a lot of people in those regions who do have that look, especially North Britain.

Immanenz
01-17-2021, 04:47 PM
Example?

Scandos are more Goth- shifted, more graciler Gota- Type, Troender and so on while those guys look heavier Cm/ Borreby influenced. (Scandos have also more Baltid, Lappid of course)
The so called "English-type" by Norb is basically Hallstatt/ Gota with a minor NW- shift.

Ruggery
01-17-2021, 05:13 PM
Well many Scandi's show too much Baltid influence to be typically Viking imo, these men just look like pure Germanic types if there ever was such a thing and one could easily imagine them raiding the coasts of North Britain and Normandy, there are a lot of people in those regions who do have that look, especially North Britain.

Scandos are more Goth- shifted, more graciler Gota- Type, Troender and so on while those guys look heavier Cm/ Borreby influenced. (Scandos have also more Baltid, Lappid of course)
The so called "English-type" by Norb is basically Hallstatt/ Gota with a minor NW- shift.
But it is just a stereotype of what a Viking would look like, in real life it is most likely that Vikings had a great variation of phenotypes, there were Baltid Vikings and also with phenotypes from Northeast Europe, it is also possible that there are Med Vikings.

Oliver109
01-17-2021, 05:18 PM
But it is just a stereotype of what a Viking would look like, in real life it is most likely that Vikings had a great variation of phenotypes, there were Baltid Vikings and also with phenotypes from Northeast Europe, it is also possible that there are Med Vikings.

That is possible but the virtual absence of Baltid phenotypes in Britain and N France(perhaps Daniel Craig may be one of the lone survivors) suggests that whatever Vikings did come over looked more like the present day Frisians, perhaps the movement of Baltid peoples into southern Norway and into Denmark took place at later dates?

Norb
01-17-2021, 05:21 PM

Germanic English types yup

Ruggery
01-17-2021, 05:30 PM
That is possible but the virtual absence of Baltid phenotypes in Britain and N France(perhaps Daniel Craig may be one of the lone survivors) suggests that whatever Vikings did come over looked more like the present day Frisians, perhaps the movement of Baltid peoples into southern Norway and into Denmark took place at later dates?
So you suggest there was a change in what affected the populations of Scandinavia? By the way I would say that the Germanic influences in the north of France, it was more by the work of the Franks and Flemings than of the Vikings, the Vikings were only the elite of Normandy, that's like saying that the Vikings left influence in Iberia and Sicily because they also settled in those places.

Oliver109
01-17-2021, 05:38 PM
So you suggest there was a change in what affected the populations of Scandinavia? By the way I would say that the Germanic influences in the north of France, it was more by the work of the Franks and Flemings than of the Vikings, the Vikings were only the elite of Normandy, that's like saying that the Vikings left influence in Iberia and Sicily because they also settled in those places.
I think there may have been a change, otherwise it would be hard to explain why there is an absence of Baltid in Britain, as for Normandy i think you may be right, the thread on Normandy here
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?197195-Common-Norman-phenotypes
did show the population to be pretty indistinguishable from other regions of northern France.

Oliver109
01-17-2021, 05:45 PM
Here are some people from the most Viking areas of England
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D83rNleWwAE6F56.jpg
https://i2-prod.hulldailymail.co.uk/incoming/article241726.ece/ALTERNATES/s1227b/Headlands-School-Prom-for-year-11-held-at-the-Bridlington-Spa-Royal-Hall.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/_jLtguk8uhZY_UYws00tw9Nat1yvEaQYgnJmQStdQGs1F83sXc iOnk8yonVMUYMEUG85xhxeTf-IaT5pmMoaar-HGhCfGrcnVrTnCPpElkIyvynm0g

Davystayn
01-17-2021, 05:48 PM
Yes I think it is to do with fewer baltid types, many Swedes for instance are balto nordid, whereas the Viking stereotype is more robust. That is the stereotype of course, you are right that they would have likely been a lot more diverse

Norb
01-17-2021, 05:49 PM
https://i2-prod.hulldailymail.co.uk/incoming/article241726.ece/ALTERNATES/s1227b/Headlands-School-Prom-for-year-11-held-at-the-Bridlington-Spa-Royal-Hall.jpg

where?

Komintasavalta
01-17-2021, 05:50 PM

In the manga Vinland Saga, the main character who is supposed to look cool has an East Baltid -like type, with high canthal tilt, a round face, low orbits, narrow eyes, high cheekbones, a short chin, and a short concave nose. He also has thick hair that is more characteristic of Mongoloids than Norsemen. But then one of the side characters who is drawn to look ugly looks more Nordid, because he has a leptoprosopic face, round eyes, high orbits, a downturned nose, a long chin, and a high nasal bridge.

https://i.ibb.co/t2rh1ZF/b.jpg

Oliver109
01-17-2021, 05:56 PM
where?

This is East Yorkshire, pretty much every village there has a Viking name but i would say that they are not that different looking to people in Kent or Devon except for more Scottish looks like the boy on the bottom left and the one on the bottom right.

Ruggery
01-17-2021, 06:31 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/_jLtguk8uhZY_UYws00tw9Nat1yvEaQYgnJmQStdQGs1F83sXc iOnk8yonVMUYMEUG85xhxeTf-IaT5pmMoaar-HGhCfGrcnVrTnCPpElkIyvynm0g

Most look different from Scandinavians.

Oliver109
01-17-2021, 06:40 PM
Most look different from Scandinavians.

They do generally, that is still puzzling though as there are so many settlements there with Scandi place names yet the locals are generally no different to those from other areas of Britain, perhaps most of the Scandinavian settlers went back after settling? I still think the most Scandinavian looking Brits tend to be found in the more upper class areas of the country.

Ruggery
01-17-2021, 06:48 PM
They do generally, that is still puzzling though as there are so many settlements there with Scandi place names yet the locals are generally no different to those from other areas of Britain, perhaps most of the Scandinavian settlers went back after settling? I still think the most Scandinavian looking Brits tend to be found in the more upper class areas of the country.

There are 3 options
1 Mixed with the locals just enough to dilute
2 They were expelled.
3 They were assassinated, there was a king who ordered the assassination of the Danish settlers during the taking of one of the establishments.

Oliver109
01-17-2021, 06:55 PM
There are 3 options
1 Mixed with the locals just enough to dilute
2 They were expelled.
3 They were assassinated, there was a king who ordered the assassination of the Danish settlers during the taking of one of the establishments.

I will guess 2 or 3 i think, they would have settled in sufficient enough numbers i think for the phenotypes to be clearly present in the population even 1000 a years later, just how in Spain one can occasionally find properly Nordic phenotypes despite the Scandi invasions being far back in the past.

Jana
01-17-2021, 07:01 PM

Assimilation of Finnic and Saami element from the north. East Baltics are preceeding Nordics in Scandinavia.
Anyway, Baltids aren't common in southern Norway and Denmark. But in Sweden indeed one of main elements is Nordo-Baltid. Due to history/migrations with Finland I guess.

Oliver109
01-17-2021, 07:05 PM
Assimilation of Finnic and Saami element from the north. East Baltics are preceeding Nordics in Scandinavia.
Anyway, Baltids aren't common in southern Norway and Denmark.

"Baltids aren't common in southern Norway and Denmark." They are not but from posts on here and other places they are clearly quite present, there was a recent thread on here from a Danish island and many people even guessed that it was in Poland.

Jana
01-17-2021, 07:06 PM
"Baltids aren't common in southern Norway and Denmark." They are not but from posts on here and other places they are clearly quite present, there was a recent thread on here from a Danish island and many people even guessed that it was in Poland.

I remember that. But IMHO it's more of infantile/reduced Borreby types and Subnordids. Poles themselves aren't that Baltid looking if you ask me.

Jana
01-17-2021, 07:07 PM
btw, one recent paper on Danish genetics showed very minor but present Slavic/Polish-like input in ethnic Danes.

Davystayn
01-17-2021, 08:41 PM
I will guess 2 or 3 i think, they would have settled in sufficient enough numbers i think for the phenotypes to be clearly present in the population even 1000 a years later, just how in Spain one can occasionally find properly Nordic phenotypes despite the Scandi invasions being far back in the past.

The POBI study couldn't differentiate Anglo Saxon and Danish genes, though they could differentiate with Norse genes, showing a Norwegian dna trail across the north of Scotland down the west coast to Ireland mainly. This could explain the higher number of Norwegian like Tronder types in Scotland.

The Danish vikings invaded eastern and northern England and left considerable linguistic evidence, place names etc, but as people can't differentiate Danish genes, this could explain why people wouldn't look that different from Kent to Yorkshire, even though place names are completely different

Davystayn
01-17-2021, 08:47 PM
Poles don't look too baltid although there are some that do certainly, quite a few Poles round me and apart from the strongly slavic ones many I can't tell apart from the locals

Agnetha from ABBA has a nordid baltid look I guess, seems to be a mainly Swedish thing, I guess due to proximity with Finland

Oliver109
01-17-2021, 08:56 PM
The POBI study couldn't differentiate Anglo Saxon and Danish genes, though they could differentiate with Norse genes, showing a Norwegian dna trail across the north of Scotland down the west coast to Ireland mainly. This could explain the higher number of Norwegian like Tronder types in Scotland.

The Danish vikings invaded eastern and northern England and left considerable linguistic evidence, place names etc, but as people can't differentiate Danish genes, this could explain why people wouldn't look that different from Kent to Yorkshire, even though place names are completely different
I remember reading that study, it made quite a lot of sense though how can the contribution by Danes and Norwegians be so minimal if virtually every town, hill and dale(itself a Norwegian word) was named by them? it just does not make much sense that these settlers would name pretty much everything in their language and then leave little to no genetic legacy. And also i am pretty sure that there are at least a few significant phenotypical differences between Danes and Dutch that would mean that the latter people are generally much more similar to the British.

Tooting Carmen
01-17-2021, 09:01 PM
Poles don't look too baltid although there are some that do certainly, quite a few Poles round me and apart from the strongly slavic ones many I can't tell apart from the locals

Agnetha from ABBA has a nordid baltid look I guess, seems to be a mainly Swedish thing, I guess due to proximity with Finland

Really? I'd say at least 60% of Poles (and i have seen and met lots) are barely if at all passable in Britain - too many Baltids, Carpathids and (North) Pontids to be mistaken for locals.

XenophobicPrussian
01-17-2021, 09:07 PM

Poles look very Baltid, they don't look East Baltid.

Redmar
01-17-2021, 09:15 PM
I remember reading that study, it made quite a lot of sense though how can the contribution by Danes and Norwegians be so minimal if virtually every town, hill and dale(itself a Norwegian word) was named by them? it just does not make much sense that these settlers would name pretty much everything in their language and then leave little to no genetic legacy. And also i am pretty sure that there are at least a few significant phenotypical differences between Danes and Dutch that would mean that the latter people are generally much more similar to the British.

The only difference between Danes and Dutch is simply that the contribution of Kelto-Nordids is higher in the Dutch. This also explains the somewhat resemblance of Dutch and Brits. The Dutch are for the rest more dragged towards Danes.

Oliver109
01-17-2021, 09:23 PM
The only difference between Danes and Dutch is simply that the contribution of Kelto-Nordids is higher in the Dutch. This also explains the somewhat resemblance of Dutch and Brits. The Dutch are for the rest more dragged towards Danes.

Found this picture of a class from southern Jutland, they broadly look similar to north Dutch though a few(5 or 6) show what seem to be Baltid influences.
https://www.statsskole.dk/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/1hf-projekt-22.2.2018.jpg

Also in this picture the two girls in the middle seem to have clear Baltid influences
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/32294014_1515181851925510_8594942489507397632_o.jp g?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=QGMI0Out298AX_pSbmF&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=2c3f178dc8a784696ebb5e214bd98ca6&oe=602B4DD9

Immanenz
01-17-2021, 09:27 PM
Poles look very Baltid, they don't look East Baltid.

Looking at their footballers their passability is underrated imo. Many pass ok- "Nordic" types (dont mean spec. Scandonordid types...) overlapp more than people believe, just like Meds tend to.
The heavy Carpathid and Baltid looking wont pass, but thats like 40-50 % if i would make a rough guess.
Now passing is one thing, but if you start anthrotarding you ll of course notice differences- they rarely look Western.

Redmar
01-17-2021, 09:29 PM
Found this picture of a class from southern Jutland, they broadly look similar to north Dutch though a few(5 or 6) show what seem to be Baltid influences.

They could resemble central Dutch too in terms of hair pigmentation, they look very Borreby at first hand.

XenophobicPrussian
01-17-2021, 09:53 PM
Looking at their footballers their passability is underrated imo. Many pass ok- "Nordic" types (dont mean spec. Scandonordid types spec.^^) overlapp more than people believe, just like Meds tend to.
The heavy Carpathid and Baltid looking wont pass, but thats like 40-50 % if i would make a rough guess.
Now passing is one thing, but if you start anthrotarding you ll of course notice differences- they rarely look Western.
A lot can pass fine in Germany, but I do think they stick out a lot in the British Isles. but yeah, I can see a lot of people not telling the difference between say a Keltic-Nordid and someone like Jerzy Gorgon or a Keltid and someone like Jacek Bak. Someone like Arkadiusz Milik probably passes unnoticed to the average person as well. Basically the same race.

Davystayn
01-17-2021, 10:06 PM

No it doesn't mean the settlement was minimal I meant that they could determine Norwegian genes from Anglo Saxon but not Danish genes from Anglo Saxon genes, so the 38% settlement estimate for the overall amount of Anglo Saxon/Danish genes in Eastern England you can't ascribe to how much input out of this was from Danish vikings as they were genetically the same.

The obvious conclusion is that the Danelaw areas received higher amounts (as the place names show) than non Danelaw areas like Kent, Essex etc.

If Anglo Saxon and Danish genes can't be split, then it would likely they would have looked similar back then, hence why the difference between Kent and Yorkshire in phenotype etc isnt that different (both mixed heavily with the celtic britons of course)

Davystayn
01-17-2021, 10:14 PM
Really? I'd say at least 60% of Poles (and i have seen and met lots) are barely if at all passable in Britain - too many Baltids, Carpathids and (North) Pontids to be mistaken for locals.

Well I said 'many' Poles, not a majority, 60% at least that can't pass at all sounds about right

Redmar
01-17-2021, 10:39 PM

Also in this picture the two girls in the middle seem to have clear Baltid influences
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/32294014_1515181851925510_8594942489507397632_o.jp g?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=QGMI0Out298AX_pSbmF&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=2c3f178dc8a784696ebb5e214bd98ca6&oe=602B4DD9

https://scontent.fams1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/37725407_1738376186239457_2312100243988021248_n.jp g?_nc_cat=103&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=6OF9vf_ujJYAX_WojdR&_nc_ht=scontent.fams1-2.fna&oh=e6da8400160f6f4a264f64a162a294ba&oe=602879B1
https://scontent.fams1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/37673667_1738376189572790_7001511052915507200_n.jp g?_nc_cat=110&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=3vgQSA-GQZMAX8SYNhK&_nc_ht=scontent.fams1-1.fna&oh=b6ef872fc8bde984dc861031eb4ee02b&oe=602AA7AB
https://scontent.fams1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/37682468_1738376182906124_3087710903160799232_n.jp g?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=26Ned14_ZNYAX-yJLXI&_nc_ht=scontent.fams1-2.fna&oh=c6f2b2451500cd9101ab62897a02a41c&oe=60291B2B

These Frisian teens could resemble Danes without going noticed.

Oliver109
01-17-2021, 10:46 PM
https://scontent.fams1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/37725407_1738376186239457_2312100243988021248_n.jp g?_nc_cat=103&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=6OF9vf_ujJYAX_WojdR&_nc_ht=scontent.fams1-2.fna&oh=e6da8400160f6f4a264f64a162a294ba&oe=602879B1
https://scontent.fams1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/37673667_1738376189572790_7001511052915507200_n.jp g?_nc_cat=110&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=3vgQSA-GQZMAX8SYNhK&_nc_ht=scontent.fams1-1.fna&oh=b6ef872fc8bde984dc861031eb4ee02b&oe=602AA7AB
https://scontent.fams1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/37682468_1738376182906124_3087710903160799232_n.jp g?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=26Ned14_ZNYAX-yJLXI&_nc_ht=scontent.fams1-2.fna&oh=c6f2b2451500cd9101ab62897a02a41c&oe=60291B2B

These Frisian teens could resemble Danes without going noticed.

I think so, though the Frisians seem even more tanned than the Danes, they would certainly stick out as a group in England.

Redmar
01-17-2021, 10:51 PM
I think so, though the Frisians seem even more tanned than the Danes, they would certainly stick out as a group in England.

The weather across the North Sea is similar for the most part, but if you put those Frisians in England for a while they would get definitely paler. During the winter months people usually get paler too. I've read somewhere that Danes and the Dutch have similar pigmentation levels according to the Fitzpatrick scale.

Oliver109
01-17-2021, 11:00 PM
The weather across the North Sea is similar for the most part, but if you put those Frisians in England for a while they would get definitely paler. During the winter months people usually get paler too. I've read somewhere that Danes and the Dutch have similar pigmentation levels according to the Fitzpatrick scale.
Ha maybe though i will still say that the Frisians and Scandinavians have lets just say a more golden complexion, in England that is more typical in the upper classes who apparently have more Saxon and Norman blood, my father has that complexion but then he is originally from Lincolnshire which did see more Nordic settlement, Brits in Spain don't seem to get that nice golden than generally tbh!

Redmar
01-17-2021, 11:06 PM
Ha maybe though i will still say that the Frisians and Scandinavians have lets just say a more golden complexion, in England that is more typical in the upper classes who apparently have more Saxon and Norman blood, my father has that complexion but then he is originally from Lincolnshire which did see more Nordic settlement, Brits in Spain don't seem to get that nice golden than generally tbh!

That definitely holds truth for the Brits :) I've noticed from my party days in Albufeira and other touristy teen party places that the Brits were significantly paler, a bit too plumpy and lot's of Kelto-Saxon looks among them.

XenophobicPrussian
01-17-2021, 11:35 PM
Tronder is already supposed to be mixed with UP, unless you just mean more/extra UP than the textbook average.

Imo North Atlantid+CM is more common than textbook Tronder in Norway, but I'm fine with just considering those "Tronders". However, and many will disagree, I honestly think Sub-Nordids and more intermediate types are far more common in all Scandinavians than pure Tronders, Hallstatts, Borrebies, Faelids, etc, especially if you include women and use the same metric standards for men and women.

There's more people that look like Sander Berge than the people in the OP, imo.

Redmar
01-17-2021, 11:41 PM
Tronder is already supposed to be mixed with UP, unless you just mean more/extra UP than the textbook average.

Imo North Atlantid+CM is more common than textbook Tronder in Norway, but I'm fine with just considering those "Tronders". However, and many will disagree, I honestly think Sub-Nordids and more intermediate types are far more common in all Scandinavians than pure Tronders, Hallstatts, Borrebies, Faelids, etc, especially if you include women and use the same metric standards for men and women.

There's more people that look like Sander Berge than the people in the OP, imo.

I was actually referring to the more pure textbook examples of UP's since I believe the Troender type is quite heavily mixed already.

Creoda
01-18-2021, 12:02 AM
You keep repeating that but there's no evidence of it (some handpicked photos isn't evidence). I mean it's certainly true that upper classes would have more Norman ancestry but no evidence of how much more, or whether it's a significant amount, and there's certainly no evidence that they have more Saxon/Germanic ancestry (having more Norman would probably mean less Saxon).

Anyway I don't want to go off topic again.

Oliver109
01-18-2021, 12:47 AM
You keep repeating that but there's no evidence of it (some handpicked photos isn't evidence). I mean it's certainly true that upper classes would have more Norman ancestry but no evidence of how much more, or whether it's a significant amount, and there's certainly no evidence that they have more Saxon/Germanic ancestry (having more Norman would probably mean less Saxon).

Anyway I don't want to go off topic again.
What i said re the upper classes having more Saxon and Norman blood was also based on the observations and measurements of people such as Coon and Madison Grant who noticed the differences between the classes so i still think there are strong grounds for having this belief, as well as noticing in affluent areas that Nordics of the Iron age type are often in greater numbers.

Davystayn
01-18-2021, 11:14 AM
Just found this video, Frisian lady living in Melbourne talking about her life there.

Rhythm and tone of how she speaks is really familiar, like being half asleep listening to people talking in the next room, even if the pronunciation of many of the words is unfamiliar
https://youtu.be/P6od3KMV9w8

Immanenz
01-18-2021, 11:31 AM
What i said re the upper classes having more Saxon and Norman blood was also based on the observations and measurements of people such as Coon and Madison Grant who noticed the differences between the classes so i still think there are strong grounds for having this belief, as well as noticing in affluent areas that Nordics of the Iron age type are often in greater numbers.

you have to understand fully the concept of Coons Iron Age Nordid type- its not equivalent to a Pan-Germanic type or to Corded Ware like Nordid etc. In his concept it was a blend of Danubian (Central Euro Gracile MEd) and Corded. It was a type prevelant in the Hallstatt culture who had as well Danubian and Corded like individuals- as far as i know the Hallstatt Celts were not very Germanic though. There is also the problem you cannot base phenotypes only on skulllength- but thats another thing.

In his book those guys are Iron Age Nordids- which obv. does not mean they look very Germanic- i think we both can agree on this.
https://www.theapricity.com/snpa/bilder/troe301.jpg
https://www.theapricity.com/snpa/bilder/troe304.jpg

So this concept is vague- the upper class might have more Graciler types as a whole- but the reason might not be necessary having more Germanic input. Looking at Frisians/Danes adn to the so called "Reihengräber type" it could lead to the oppostie conculsion in fact.

Oliver109
01-18-2021, 03:11 PM
Just found this video, Frisian lady living in Melbourne talking about her life there.

Rhythm and tone of how she speaks is really familiar, like being half asleep listening to people talking in the next room, even if the pronunciation of many of the words is unfamiliar
https://youtu.be/P6od3KMV9w8

Her facial features seem quite Med in general, she reminds me of some of the blonde French women one often sees, hallstatt and med mix?

Benyzero
01-18-2021, 03:14 PM
Would I pass as Frisian, or I would be seen as a southern Invader?

https://i.imgur.com/ojLtVIB.jpg

Oliver109
01-18-2021, 03:21 PM

You would pass as Frisian, nothing especially southern about you tbh, a typical Frisian in my book.

Benyzero
01-18-2021, 03:34 PM
You would pass as Frisian, nothing especially southern about you tbh, a typical Frisian in my book.

thx for the answer : )

Redmar
01-18-2021, 03:56 PM

You could pass as a Frisian on a scale from 7/10, nothing too much out of the ordinary for Friesland.

hurtuv
01-21-2021, 04:29 PM
https://www.photo-pick.com/online/wfbBtJ4W.link

A small collection of Frisian males from my area in Friesland. Put them all together in an album.

Where else do you think they can pass as a group? How well would they pass in Limburg?

aherne
01-21-2021, 07:48 PM
WHG CroMagnid mostly, Corded weakly present, almost no ENF influences (no Alpinid, Med, Dinaric).

guyinsf
01-21-2021, 08:09 PM
Some of them look very horsy and coarse. Not a good looking group of men for sure.

The Blade
01-21-2021, 11:39 PM
Brunn, Borreby, Nordic, Phalian and combos of these.

Latinus
01-22-2021, 07:14 PM

I have noticed that the white American tourists here tend to be very blondish/pinkish, with a minority being even average brunette Euro. Maybe I'm just being biassed, but that's what I noticed.

Oliver109
01-22-2021, 07:18 PM
I have noticed that the white American tourists here tend to be very blondish/pinkish, with a minority being even average brunette Euro. Maybe I'm just being biassed, but that's what I noticed.

Generally that is typical, the American tourists in London are usually a bit more varied i think with a lot of Med types as well but that is probably because London is very popular as a destination for people from NY/ New Jersey etc because of the general proximity to those cities and people from there also favouring big urban areas for holiday destinations. They are probably generally tourists from the Midwest i would guess.

Celestia
01-22-2021, 07:31 PM
The second guy is rather handsome.

I saw one Borreby, a couple of Nordids and some Nordo-CM :thumb001:

Norb
01-22-2021, 08:18 PM
WHG CroMagnid mostly, Corded weakly present, almost no ENF influences (no Alpinid, Med, Dinaric).

agree, I don't understand how other members think there is a significant Nordid/Corded presence :picard1:

Klipps
01-23-2021, 12:48 AM
Friesian male checking in lol

Redmar
04-30-2021, 11:25 PM
Updated the album by adding more pics just for now.

guyinsf
04-30-2021, 11:50 PM
Very unattractive rough looking bunch! Horsy looking too. I think Nordids from UK, France and Scandinanvia are much better looking.

Redmar
04-30-2021, 11:54 PM
Very unattractive rough looking bunch! Horsy looking too. I think Nordids from UK, France and Scandinanvia are much better looking.

In general we are known to be tall and robust people. Which generally makes us look horsy and rough.

guyinsf
05-05-2021, 03:00 AM
In general we are known to be tall and robust people. Which generally makes us look horsy and rough.

I think it might be just this particular batch of people in these photos that looks robust and horsy. I think Dutch people in general are quite attractive.

Redmar
05-05-2021, 03:12 PM
I think it might be just this particular batch of people in these photos that looks robust and horsy. I think Dutch people in general are quite attractive.

This is as hardcore Dutch/Germanic you can get in reality. In my opinion I prefer more rugged rough looking people, it's just appealing to me. I'm a bit biased maybe being classified as Faelid.

Token
05-05-2021, 04:04 PM
Reihengräber/Anglo-Saxon Nordic varieties predominate. Frisians are one of the Germanic speakers which best preserved the early Germanic physical type that we see in völkerwanderung-era Visigothic, Alemannic and Saxon graves. They are only behind certain parts of Sweden and Norway in this quality.

Redmar
05-05-2021, 04:11 PM
Reihengräber/Anglo-Saxon Nordic varieties predominate. Frisians are one of the Germanic speakers which best preserved the early Germanic physical type that we see in völkerwanderung-era Visigothic, Alemannic and Saxon graves. They are only behind certain parts of Sweden and Norway in this quality.

I take it that the German Saxons in Lower-Saxony and Schleswig-Holstein are more or less predominant Reihengräber types with Borreby?

Token
05-05-2021, 04:22 PM
I take it that the German Saxons in Lower-Saxony and Schleswig-Holstein are more or less predominant Reihengräber types with Borreby?

Yes, but less so than Frisians. There are more Upper Paleolithic elements in Northern Germany, in great part thanks to the counter-selection brought by the innumerous religous wars in the HRE. The Nordic man is always the first to rush into the fight.

Redmar
05-05-2021, 04:33 PM
Yes, but less so than Frisians. There are more Upper Paleolithic elements in Northern Germany, in great part thanks to the counter-selection brought by the innumerous religous wars in the HRE. The Nordic man is always the first to rush into the fight.

The bravery of the Cro-Magnon Germanic man is the most powerful thing in the universe..

Token
05-05-2021, 04:46 PM
The bravery of the Cro-Magnon Germanic man is the most powerful thing in the universe..

Ok, now go weed the garden of your Nordid master.

Token
05-05-2021, 04:47 PM
double post due to shitty server

Oliver109
05-05-2021, 04:50 PM

Best comment i've read all year

Redmar
05-05-2021, 04:52 PM
double comment due to shitty server

It weren't Hallstatt Nordids rowing Saxon and Norse longboats to Britain ;)

Token
05-05-2021, 05:09 PM
It weren't Hallstatt Nordids rowing Saxon and Norse longboats to Britain ;)
They were mainly Nordic.

Coon on the Anglo-Saxon type:

The old Germanic Reihengräber type, a heavy-boned, rather high-headed Nordic variety, most prevalent in northern Germany and England.

The main Norse type:

(c) Trondelagen Type: A hybrid type of Nordic with Corded and Brünn elements, frequent in the central coastal provinces of Norway, north of the Dovre Mountains; the principal form in Iceland, and among the Frisians, and common in the British Isles. The Anglo-Saxon type lies between it and the true Nordic.

Uranous
05-05-2021, 05:32 PM
Cromanoids masters race indigenous europeans

Sagez
06-16-2021, 10:44 PM
Looks very Nordo-Cromagndid albeit the Cromagndid influences very strong. I would shit my pants if some of them would come running at me on a Medieval battlefield :confused:

Africanwidow
04-04-2022, 11:44 PM
Look like pure Germanic types. Very strong WHG and Steppe influence. Barely EEF looking.

Gallop
04-04-2022, 11:53 PM
With my Western vision and from the West I'm missing something, I'll stick with Denmark.

Gebachs
04-05-2022, 02:17 PM
TIL all Frisians are blonde and blue eyed.

Hungarian_master
04-05-2022, 06:45 PM
Faelids, Borrebys, Tronders/Anglo-Saxons and Hallstatt Nordids.
They look absolutely North Germanic.

Could you make a similar thread about the Frisian women.

Oliver109
04-05-2022, 06:57 PM

I will make one now, Frisian woman are some of the most attractive in Europe

Hungarian_master
04-05-2022, 07:22 PM
Frisian woman are some of the most attractive in Europe

+1

Africanwidow
05-30-2022, 02:30 PM

This seems to be roughly the distribution of phenotypes:

N = 117

Anglo-Saxon/Troender (Nordid): 38%

Borreby (Cromagnid): 30.4%

Dalofaelid (Cromagnid): 18.4%

Hallstatt (Nordid): 13.2%

Token
05-30-2022, 02:49 PM
This seems to be roughly the distribution of phenotypes:

N = 117

Anglo-Saxon/Troender (Nordid): 38%

Borreby (Cromagnid): 30.4%

Dalofaelid (Cromagnid): 18.4%

Hallstatt (Nordid): 13.2%

How are 50% of the Frisians Cromagnon if their average facial diameter is 140mm?

Russki
05-30-2022, 02:57 PM
Supercomputer found 17% of Denmark to have brown/mixed eyes.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?359061-Denmark-eye-colour-(Parliament-study)

110 pictures of Frisians and all of them have light eyes.

Frisians are genetically closer to Denmark than to their Southern countrymen.

Africanwidow
05-30-2022, 02:57 PM
How are 50% of the Frisians Cromagnon if their average facial diameter is 140mm?

I'm referring to this specific group of men. Besides, measurements can change overtime.

Token
05-30-2022, 03:06 PM
I'm talking about these specific group of men. Besides, measurements can change overtime.
The average of a country can change, but not in less than one century without radical population movements.

Immanenz
05-30-2022, 03:26 PM
The average of a country can change, but not in less than one century without radical population movements.

Frisians are the only modern group (as far as i remember) where Coon mentions an explicit Corded element,.

Token
05-30-2022, 03:31 PM
Frisians are the only group (as far as i remember) where Coon mentions an explicit Corded element,.

Coon says the zone of maximum Corded survival is coastal southwestern Kurland in Latvia

The one region of Latvia in which unusual or atypical racial conditions are found is the southwestern coastal section of Kurland, the home of the linguistically unidentified Kurs, who seem to have been especially characterized by extremely tall stature and brown hair. This racial element is probably that which entered into the composition of the Livs to differentiate them from other Finns; and its general description would suggest that here we are concerned with a maximum survival of the descendants of the Corded people who found in this northern retreat a relatively inviolable asylum

He also mentions a Corded element among Norwegians from Tröndelagen and northern Swedes.

Immanenz
05-30-2022, 03:34 PM
Coon says the zone of maximum Corded survival is coastal southwestern Kurland in Latvia

The one region of Latvia in which unusual or atypical racial conditions are found is the southwestern coastal section of Kurland, the home of the linguistically unidentified Kurs, who seem to have been especially characterized by extremely tall stature and brown hair. This racial element is probably that which entered into the composition of the Livs to differentiate them from other Finns; and its general description would suggest that here we are concerned with a maximum survival of the descendants of the Corded people who found in this northern retreat a relatively inviolable asylum

He also mentions a Corded element among Norwegians from Tröndelagen and northern Swedes.

indeed, i remember that passage about the Latvians again.

Russki
05-30-2022, 04:12 PM
characterized by extremely tall stature and brown hair.

This part coincides with Lundman's pigmentation map, showing Western Latvians as the darkest people in the region.

I like it when two different physical anthropologists agree with each other and don't have a mutual contradiction.

https://sun9-60.userapi.com/s/v1/if2/uqegXZWKIs2ciubrme7ZqM402_SjIqjV8E6frjbJDz4q5fjSvG F8pdl-21kjaFSLsoTWz74E2wgyHnettTDiBPMc.jpg?size=600x784&quality=95&type=album

I will try to find Lundman's sources later, was busy with other things for now.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ae/Poles_in_German_Empire%2C_1910_census.jpg

Paleolithic
07-27-2023, 06:31 PM

The Frisians are larger-headed than the Irish yet Ireland is usually characterised as a Brunn hotspot...

Either Coon had a bias for brushing Frisian people as Nordid as possible or a bias for brushing Irishmen as Brunn as possible. Both is also possible.

Hungarian_master
10-12-2023, 12:17 PM
I will make one now, Frisian woman are some of the most attractive in Europe

The your thread about the Frisian women is done?

GreekPatriot1994
02-20-2024, 07:55 PM
127100127100 127100 Anglo Saxon mogger