PDA

View Full Version : Joe Biden and Ireland

Grace O'Malley
01-23-2021, 06:57 AM
I know that many people here are not fans of Joe Biden but the Irish are very happy with his election. While I think people can have their own views I would appreciate that this thread is not going to become a battleground for pro and anti Trump supporters. There are other threads for that on here.

Joe Biden is very proud of his Irish ancestry and has visited many time. He has already been invited to Ireland as President of the US.

Ireland has always had a close relationship with the US and now with Britain leaving the EU hopes to be a bridge between the US and the EU.

He was a founding member of the Friends of Ireland group, a cross-party body which dedicated itself to the delivery of peace in the North, along with Ted Kennedy and then speaker of the House of Representatives, Tip O'Neill.

His quoting of the late Seamus Heaney’s The Cure at Troy following his election chimed around the world.

"This is our moment," Biden said, "to make hope and history rhyme."

He has used that phrase on several occasions.

https://i.imgur.com/ZNXPV8O.png

https://i.imgur.com/TBW84bd.png

https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/commentanalysis/arid-40211201.html

‘Try and keep me out’: Biden officially invited to visit Ireland
Coveney says Covid-safe options for St Patrick’s Day visit to US being explored

US president Joe Biden said “try and keep me out” when officially invited to Ireland, Taoiseach Micheál Martin has said.

In an interview with CNN on Friday, in which Mr Martin discussed the possibility of becoming the first head of government to meet with the new president, he revealed that he had already asked him to come back to the home of his ancestors.

“Both of us are very keen to cement that very historic relationship between the United States of America and Ireland which goes back through the ages now,” Mr Martin said.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/try-and-keep-me-out-biden-officially-invited-to-visit-ireland-1.4465741

https://static.independent.co.uk/2021/01/20/20/newFile-8.jpg?width=982&height=726&auto=webp&quality=75

https://img2.thejournal.ie/inline/2845284/original/?width=580&version=2845284

https://i2-prod.irishmirror.ie/incoming/article8258020.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/JS93223383.jpg

https://www.irishtimes.com/polopoly_fs/1.2695277.1466617853!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/ratio_1x1_w1200/image.jpg

https://www.irishtimes.com/polopoly_fs/1.2700292.1466925366!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/ratio_4x3_w1200/image.jpg

Grace O'Malley
01-23-2021, 07:29 AM
Taoiseach, Micheál Martin discusses Joe Biden's Irish roots, Ireland's deadly covid surge and repenting the past horrors of Ireland's mother and baby homes.Source: CNN

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/tv/2021/01/22/amanpour-taoiseach-micheal-martin-ireland-joe-biden-covid-vaccine-mother-and-baby-homes.cnn

Linebacker
01-23-2021, 08:57 AM
The man doesn't remember who he is and where he is most of the time.

Doubt there is much RAM capacity left in his head to think for Ireland.

Grace O'Malley
01-23-2021, 09:01 AM
The man doesn't remember who he is and where he is most of the time.

Doubt there is much RAM capacity left in his head to think for Ireland.

Plenty of other threads to post for being anti Biden. I would hope this thread is more about the close connections between Ireland and the US.

Mortimer
01-23-2021, 11:03 AM
That's positive I like Ireland

JamesBond007
01-23-2021, 12:01 PM
Plenty of other threads to post for being anti Biden. I would hope this thread is more about the close connections between Ireland and the US.

Biden is such a dementia patient he thinks he is Irish rather than Anglo-Saxon. I mean an extreme minority of Ireland is Anglo-Saxon but god damn he is plastic paddy if I ever saw one. You are plastic paddy too. Many Americans are plastic paddies.

Americans are ignorant of the world so they think Ireland is more important than it is historically and in world affairs. Also, Woodrow Wilson had an Anti-German clamp down starting in 1917 so some Germans and half German half Irish people , in America, delusionally identify as 'Irish'.

Few so called 'white identities' are allowed to celebrate their heritage on a mass scaled such as Saint Patrick's day so that contributes too.

Australian plastic paddies , like you, exist due to a long history such as Ned Kelly. American culture and Australian culture are similar. You are more knowledgeable about 'Ireland' than the standard plastic paddy but if you gave me your raw dna file I'm sure I would find out you are Scottish or English but you are able to statistically manipulate your results for political purposes.

https://i.imgur.com/ovsUi54.png

Davystayn
01-23-2021, 12:16 PM
Biden is probably slightly more Irish than me. Biden is also British too and Biden is an English name not Irish.

Americans seem to have a particularly emotionally romantic viewpoint when it comes to Ireland, and fair play for that I guess.

Clinton was instrumental in the peace process, hope Biden can be as positive an influence

I suspect though that Biden is more of a front, traditional old stock American to win back white working class voters. I can't him being physically able to last a whole term looks like he might collapse at any moment

Dunai
01-23-2021, 12:47 PM
It's much more valid for White Americans to search for their European ethnic roots, rather than taking pride in their skin color, so overall I find it cool that his person can give an uplift for people of Irish ancestry. Identity politics has its place to a certain level, never thought either of the two radical approaches (overemphasizing it or completely downplay it) are too positive.

JamesBond007
01-23-2021, 12:53 PM
Biden is probably slightly more Irish than me. Biden is also British too and Biden is an English name not Irish.

Probably true

Americans seem to have a particularly emotionally romantic viewpoint when it comes to Ireland, and fair play for that I guess.

I have Irish hiberno-norman name but unlike most Americans in my position I turn to science. I know the Irish are supposed to be celtic, yet, not related to the Germanics but the science is telling me different. Sorry, allow me to get nerdy or boffin-like with G25 for a minute. My Irish name is 'Kevin' and these are my 'Irish-American' results :

Target: Kevin_scaled
Distance: 1.8280% / 0.01827985 | ADC: 0.25x RC
48.4 Germanic_Norse
26.0 SLOVAKIA_GERMANIC_MEDIEVAL
16.0 Celtic_Britain
7.6 Iberian
2.0 Turkic_Turanid

Clinton was instrumental in the peace process, hope Biden can be as positive an influence

Clinton is Scots-Irish or lowland Scottish Ullans but if push came to shove would probably identify with Ireland more than Scotland that is how delusional many Americans are.

I suspect though that Biden is more of a front, traditional old stock American to win back white working class voters. I can't him being physically able to last a whole term looks like he might collapse at any moment

Good insight .

Anyway ,everyone kiss me I'm 'Irish' :

48.4 Germanic_Norse
16.0 Celtic_Britain
7.6 Iberian
2.0 Turkic_Turanid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhzpxjuwZy0

Andullero
01-23-2021, 01:19 PM

It's all about being disingenuous and larpy about 1776. Even with all immigration going on, ancestry from Britain remain among the largest (if not the largest one there) still. That, plus the anti-white narrative, and given Irish people's contentious history with Britain, they sort of fill a pseudo aggrieved minority position, so it is as cool to claim being one of them as it would be claiming being a Cherokee and/or other Amerindian type.

Grace O'Malley
01-23-2021, 01:39 PM
Biden is not larping though. He has strong connections to Ireland and still keeps in touch with family there.

By heritage, Joe Biden is roughly five-eighths Irish. His mother’s entire family tree traces to Ireland with ancestors named Arthurs, Blewitt, Boyle, Roche, Scanlon and Stanton accompanying her Finnegan kin. The last one-eighth comes from his father’s side, which contributed the Hanafee name.

Most of the immigrants in his family were born in the early decades of the 19th century and made the journey to America mid-century, so the Famine was undoubtedly a key factor in their departure. With a couple of exceptions, they converged almost immediately on Scranton, Pennsylvania. By the time the future Vice President joined the family, they had been settled there for roughly 70 to 90 years, so it’s little wonder that Scranton features so prominently in his narrative.

https://smolenyak.medium.com/joe-bidens-irish-roots-64135cc97fd7

There is nothing wrong with him feeling affinity with his Irish roots.

Grace O'Malley
01-23-2021, 02:05 PM
It's all about being disingenuous and larpy about 1776. Even with all immigration going on, ancestry from Britain remain among the largest (if not the largest one there) still. That, plus the anti-white narrative, and given Irish people's contentious history with Britain, they sort of fill a pseudo aggrieved minority position, so it is as cool to claim being one of them as it would be claiming being a Cherokee and/or other Amerindian type.

Irish are also not considered a "minority" group in the US and have never received any help or positive discrimination since they arrived in the US.

Creoda
01-23-2021, 02:09 PM
Just another Plastic Paddy Yank, probably his only contemporary connection is giving money when they were still collecting for the IRA in America in the 70s/80s/90s.

Davystayn
01-23-2021, 02:20 PM
I'm sure I read that only 3% of Americans today have ancestry from 1776 and those that did would have been mainly brit ancestry as well, both sides in the conflict were basically of the same stock.

It is good that successsive US Presidents are proud of their Irish roots but is a tad irritating when people emphasise a part of their ancestry to the detriment of the rest of it, particularly if it is politically charged, if it isnt no problem.

I think Obama, Reagan, Clinton all did the Ireland homeland tour, I expect Biden will as well. Biden is an english surnane though
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishcentral.com/roots/genealogy/is-biden-an-irish-name.amp

Andullero
01-23-2021, 02:21 PM
Irish are also not considered a "minority" group in the US and have never received any help or positive discrimination since they arrived in the US.

No, but the fact is that them (you) are considered a "exploited by colonialism" group, and given the cultural accolades that come with such under the narrative.

Andullero
01-23-2021, 02:39 PM
I'm sure I read that only 3% of Americans today have ancestry from 1776 and those that did would have been mainly brit ancestry as well, both sides in the conflict were basically of the same stock.

It is good that successsive US Presidents are proud of their Irish roots but is a tad irritating when people emphasise a part of their ancestry to the detriment of the rest of it, particularly if it is politically charged, if it isnt no problem.

I think Obama, Reagan, Clinton all did the Ireland homeland tour, I expect Biden will as well. Biden is an english surnane though
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishcentral.com/roots/genealogy/is-biden-an-irish-name.amp

I would understand his posturing if he: a. Was a bastard (as in, out of wedlock child) or b. His parents had a contentious divorce. Neither one or the other is Biden's case (in fact, his Anglo father was very much present and was seemingly a much positive force in his life). For all its feminazi posturing, the West is still a normative patriarchal system (as in, families follow the father, surname and otherwise) so only political posturing and pandering can explain his and other people's position about this in the US.

Political posturing, pandering, and metapolitically disadvantaged position of the former WASP normativity.

Grace O'Malley
01-23-2021, 02:40 PM

I know Biden is an English surname. Biden's full ethnicity breakdown is below.

Ethnicity: Irish (62.5%), as well as English, German, and remote French, Scottish, and Welsh

President Biden is of approximately five eighths Irish descent (62.5% Irish). His father was of English, Irish, German, and distant French, Scottish, and Welsh, descent, with his German roots from, for example, his Bomberger, Launderslager, and Shoemaker lines. He had roots in Maryland going back to the mid 1600s. Vice President Biden’s mother’s ancestry was entirely Irish.

https://ethnicelebs.com/joe-biden

His majority ancestry though is Irish so it's not surprising that is the ancestry he mostly identifies with. It's not like he is identifying with an ancestry he doesn't have or an ancestry that is a tiny percent.

Faklon
01-23-2021, 03:06 PM
It's a long way from China to Ireland but we trust in old Joe to make the connection true.

Grace O'Malley
01-23-2021, 03:09 PM
No, but the fact is that them (you) are considered a "exploited by colonialism" group, and given the cultural accolades that come with such under the narrative.

So Joe Biden identifying with his Irish ancestry is now political? He is majority Irish ancestry so I don't understand the cynicism that people like you and others are expressing here? :confused: If he was mostly Czech and was a Czech-American would people be using the same argument?

I think it is great that he feels such a strong connection to Ireland.

Davystayn
01-23-2021, 03:10 PM
I'm pleased Biden is proud of his Irish roots, this proves his eye is on this part of the world, it means he is an Atlanticist.

Hopefully as he is interested he might some research and see how closely related irish are to brits and are often interrelated (like himself) and not start pointing fingers.

Kennedy got on with Macmillan even though they were poles apart

Andullero
01-23-2021, 03:14 PM
So Joe Biden identifying with his Irish ancestry is now political? He is majority Irish ancestry so I don't understand the cynicism that people like you and others are expressing here? :confused: If he was mostly Czech and was a Czech-American would people be using the same argument?

It has been (meta)political for a long time, sis. It is a way to countersignal Anglosaxondom more than anything.

But don't feel too bad about it. The whole hyphenated-American thing is as well.

Grace O'Malley
01-23-2021, 03:17 PM
I'm pleased Biden is proud of his Irish roots, this proves his eye is on this part of the world, it means he is an Atlanticist.

Hopefully as he is interested he might some research and see how closely related irish are to brits and are often interrelated (like himself) and not start pointing fingers.

Kennedy got on with Macmillan even though they were poles apart

What do you mean by "not start pointing fingers"? I'm sure he will start building ties with the EU that were fractured under Donald Trump but Britain and the US have always been allies so I don't think there will be any problems.

Jana
01-23-2021, 03:18 PM
He's a fraud and he showed that with his selection of tons of Jews and POC with extreme marxist/globalist views in his administration.

Trump administration was full of Scots and Irish unlike Biden's, including Trump VP Mike Pence who is much more Irish than Biden (he's over 80% Irish while Biden is above 60%), and who also took pride in his Irish roots but when he visited now cucked Ireland there were protests against him and Irish gay PM invited his homo partner to meet and provoke Pence because they knew about his deeply religious and conservative views.

So I'm not suprised Ireland supports ultra liberal "Irish" like Biden and snubbed conservative Irish like Pence.

I just find it funny how he boast about his Catholic faith while filling his administration with people who have completely un-Christian anti-white views. He said he supports abortion and wants non white majority America so I'm not suprised. Sick.

Grace O'Malley
01-23-2021, 03:32 PM
It has been (meta)political for a long time, sis. It is a way to countersignal Anglosaxondom more than anything.

But don't feel too bad about it. The whole hyphenated-American thing is as well.

I'm not sure what point your are trying to make? It's not like he hasn't Irish ancestry. It's also not like the Americans have any animosity to the English. Biden is a Catholic and from Scranton which has a lot of Irish-descent people. I don't see Biden identifying with Irish as a countersignal to Anglo-Saxondom. If he was only a small fraction Irish that would be different but he has strong ties to his Irish Catholic roots. I find it bizarre the way people are trying to make out he is identifying as Irish because of reasons other than Irish being a large amount of his ancestry and culture.

Davystayn
01-23-2021, 03:40 PM
I think it is more about the overly romantic o'rish thing, you never see Presidents visiting pubs in rural Leicestershire or touring the Rhineland.

Creoda
01-23-2021, 03:41 PM

Exactly, his pointed 'Irishness' is a rejection of 'WASPness', in line with the politics of his party. Being a plain white guy/WASP is problematic on the left, and while he can't be a POC, being Irish is apparently the next best thing :rolleyes:

Davystayn
01-23-2021, 03:44 PM
Australians don't seem to go as doey eyed over irish ancestry somehow

Grace O'Malley
01-23-2021, 03:55 PM
Exactly, his pointed 'Irishness' is a rejection of 'WASPness', in line with the politics of his party. Being a plain white guy/WASP is problematic on the left, and while he can't be a POC, being Irish is apparently the next best thing :rolleyes:

So are you ignoring the fact this his majority ancestry is in fact Irish and he is also Catholic? It would be strange if he identified with being a WASP don't you think?

He can't reject WASPness when he wasn't reared as one.

This is an interesting article about Joe Biden's Catholic faith.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2021/01/11/catholic-grief-joe-biden/

planina
01-23-2021, 03:55 PM
He is also very pro-Albanian from what I have seen.

planina
01-23-2021, 03:56 PM
He is also very pro-Albanian (pro as in supportive for the Albanian cause in the Balkans) from what I have seen.

Creoda
01-23-2021, 04:03 PM
Australians don't seem to go as doey eyed over irish ancestry somehow
Australians are not much like Americans in many ways, lets get that clear from the start. Irish are a large part of the core/founder group here, much less so in America, where Irish Catholics were more latecoming outsiders. A large amount of the establishment here have been Irish from early on. So Irish people here stressed being Australian, in some ways as a rejection of Britishness (which Anglo-Australians still felt strongly in the first half of the 20th century), 'Australian nationalism' as we know it is largely influenced by that. Irish descendant people are still at the forefront of Republicanism, at least they were 20 years ago.

Daco Celtic
01-23-2021, 04:16 PM
Hilarious that a bunch of Anglo-Saxon wannabes on this thread call people "plastic paddies", including a dude that changes his identity on a weekly basis.

Creoda
01-23-2021, 04:20 PM
So are you ignoring the fact this his majority ancestry is in fact Irish and he is also Catholic? It would be strange if he identified with being a WASP don't you think?

He can't reject WASPness when he wasn't reared as one.

This is an interesting article about Joe Biden's Catholic faith.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2021/01/11/catholic-grief-joe-biden/
I'm not ignoring anything, I understand the situation clearly. He's a plastic paddy whose last Irish ancestors were in the 1800s that he never knew. He's an American, same as majority British descended people are American.

He's not a bloody Catholic either. He supports abortion and gay marriage, and god knows what else should it be opportune. He's a fraud and a heretic, and identifies as Catholic/Christian for votes. Stop being so naive.

Jana
01-23-2021, 04:23 PM
Feel sorry for Americans who fell for this puppet:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/all-the-jews-biden-has-tapped-for-top-roles-in-his-new-administration/

"But he's Irish and Catholic!" Riight....

https://www.npr.org/sections/president-biden-takes-office/2021/01/21/959170860/biden-administration-prepares-to-overturn-trump-abortion-rule?t=1611422573499

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?340848-Biden-plans-to-legalize-11-millions-illegals-and-loose-immigration-laws

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?340529-Racist-self-hater-Biden-indicated-plans-for-business-discrimination-of-whites

:puke:

Ryujin
01-23-2021, 04:24 PM
Time to celebrate at an Irish pub. :P

Daco Celtic
01-23-2021, 04:29 PM
I'm not ignoring anything, I understand the situation clearly. He's a plastic paddy whose last Irish ancestors were in the 1800s that he never knew. He's an American, same as majority British descended people are American.

He's not a bloody Catholic either. He supports abortion and gay marriage, and god knows what else should it be opportune. He's a fraud and a heretic, and identifies as Catholic/Christian for votes. Stop being so naive.

That's interesting. So one becomes "plastic" if their ancestors have been in a country long enough. Also, why does this rule only seem to apply to Irish people? If an Australian had ancestors that came from England in the 1800s, are they now a plastic Englishman?

Jana
01-23-2021, 04:30 PM

:thumbsup:

Smeagol
01-23-2021, 04:33 PM
I'm sure I read that only 3% of Americans today have ancestry from 1776

Definitely not true.

On topic: Joe Biden doesn't care about the Irish, he's not a real Catholic, and he'd love to see the Irish or any other European people become a minority in their own country. He's a terrible excuse for a human being and so is anyone who supports him.

Davystayn
01-23-2021, 04:35 PM
Time to celebrate at an Irish pub. :P

It is always time to celebrate at an Irish pub :D

Jana
01-23-2021, 04:40 PM
Actually I feel sorry for Joe Biden. He had a lot of personal tragedies in his life (his wife and children died) and in 1990s we was very helpful for Croatia though. I respect that.
He's just old and senile and used as smokescreen for people who are behind him, and below him, starting with extreme leftist and fake Black from privileged household Kamala Harris.

He grabbed his chance to be President which I can understand, but in such a way, really disgraceful. And yeah, I even have some fools in my own extended family who voted for him (thankfully a huge minority of my family there but still I'm ashamed) because "Trump is rude" and Biden is "Catholic, Irish and a nice man" so I saw first hand how well he was sold to some dumb white Americans out there, especially to Catholics.

Graham
01-23-2021, 04:43 PM
Good Celtic man

Rethel
01-23-2021, 04:57 PM
Joe Biden is very proud of his Irish ancestry and has visited many time

BUT HE'S NOT AN IRISH.

He is a regular Anglo-American guy from Maryland and East Anglia.

Nothing Irish about him.
There is probably not even one single Biden living in Ireland, the more, his progenitor wasn't Irish.
If I am wrong, correct me, but you allready had the opportunity and you have failed.

So he is not Irish.

He has only irish mother, nothing more. He never even lived in Ireland, neither was born there.

He is promoting many insane things, including guys pretending to be women, so, pretending to be irish for some
forty mln votes is nothing strage for this communist delusional freak. And you are taking the bait like a schnook.

BIDEN IS NOT IRISH!!!

Graham
01-23-2021, 05:08 PM
Being catholic in some areas of America probably does shape an identity that shares a bond with Ireland.

The Good Friday Agreement is the Democrats baby. For that Biden will be a good ally for them.

Jana
01-23-2021, 05:19 PM
BUT HE'S NOT AN IRISH.

He's from Delaware. And he's mostly Irish. Looks more Anglo to me though.

Ryujin
01-23-2021, 05:44 PM
It is always time to celebrate at an Irish pub :D

Ikr :cheers:

Flashball
01-23-2021, 05:49 PM
We don't care it's a leftist, like you are.

Irish = leftist race = garbage.

Westbrook
01-23-2021, 06:04 PM
Just hide the children

Rethel
01-23-2021, 06:27 PM
He's from Delaware.

He's father moved there from Maryland, where they lived since they came to America.

So as I said, he's an Anglo-American from Maryland and East Anglia. Period.

I wasn't talking about him as a person and individuality, what is very clear in my statement.
But if you want to be so hipercorrect, you should say, that he is from D.C., as he currently lives there.

Jana
01-23-2021, 06:56 PM
He's father moved there from Maryland, where they lived since they came to America.

So as I said, he's an Anglo-American from Maryland and East Anglia. Period.

I wasn't talking about him as a person and individuality, what is very clear in my statement.
But if you want to be so hipercorrect, you should say, that he is from D.C., as he currently lives there.

He's from Delaware, he grew up there, studied there and represented Delaware as Senator etc. He was born in Pennsylvania actually. From what I saw, he strongly identifies with Delaware.

On January 20, 2021, Biden became the oldest sitting president, the first from Delaware, and the second Catholic.

And yeah, no matter what I think of him he's at least mostly Irish (many "Irish Americans" are minor part Irish and larp). Your criteria is nonsensical, because based on that huge amount of Aframs are Anglo xD

Rethel
01-23-2021, 07:08 PM
He's from Delaware, he grew up there, studied there and represented Delaware as Senator etc. He was born in Pennsylvania actually. From what I saw, he strongly identifies with Delaware.

Have I to repeat again the same, as you failed to read what I was talking about?

mostly

:picard2:

Aframs

What? :confused:

Jana
01-23-2021, 07:11 PM
Have I to repeat again the same, as you failed to read what I was talking about?

What? :confused:

Many Aframs (American Blacks) have white Anglo Saxon and Celtic Y DNA. Sorry, but they are just Aframs and nothing more.

Davystayn
01-23-2021, 07:18 PM
Aframs seem to be between 5-20% British, Irish or German somehow. If you think about it this could be a great leveller, 'we are all mixed' instead african Americans seem to completely ignore this part of their ancestry, despite the fact it ties them to the highest echelons of previous American society

Irish Americans have the advantage of being both part of the world's only superpower (and as white as can be) along with inherited grievance and victimhood, if they choose to take it that way

NSXD60
01-23-2021, 07:40 PM
Biden: Ireland? Retireland! Hunter-hideaway! Yay yay yay!

Andullero
01-23-2021, 08:32 PM
So Joe Biden identifying with his Irish ancestry is now political?

Lady, he IS a politician, one of the worst ever in the US arena if stories are to be believed. Or even if those stories werent true, his party, the Democrats, are the scummiest political group right now. And given that they operate under a lefty mindset, for these people the personal IS part of the political. Open your eyes and stop being such a normie.

He is majority Irish ancestry so I don't understand the cynicism that people like you and others are expressing here? :confused:

That he isnt above weaponizing his ethnic identity to score brownie political points, specially since said group has a history of grievances against the historical American (White, Anglo-Saxon and Protestant) nation.

If he was mostly Czech and was a Czech-American would people be using the same argument?

If Czechs had a contentious history with Anglos in the US, you can bet your dollar he and others would weaponize it.

I think it is great that he feels such a strong connection to Ireland.

I am starting to wonder what it would take for you to get redpilled, or simply be conscious of the fact that not all people sharing partly or wholly your ethnic makeup is your friend and/or has your best interests at heart.

Rethel
01-23-2021, 08:32 PM
Many Aframs (American Blacks) have white Anglo Saxon and Celtic Y DNA. Sorry, but they are just Aframs and nothing more.

And this proofs Biden to be Irish, even if he does not belong to any Irish family, and even Grace coudn't prove it, but Negros with english Y a contrario do. Wonderfull.

Smeagol
01-23-2021, 08:40 PM
Who the hell cares about exactly how much Irish ancestry Sleepy Joe Biden has? Why would anyone even waste their time debating that? He's not a friend of real Irish patriots and Catholics.

Luso
01-23-2021, 08:48 PM
I think, without getting political, that it’s great that he identifies with his Irish heritage and as a Roman Catholic as well. I don’t think this is a topic to argue tbh.

Rethel
01-23-2021, 08:54 PM
Who the hell cares about

Women, leftists and Jews... it is actually the same, but the three have no common name :)

Grace O'Malley
01-24-2021, 02:02 AM
BUT HE'S NOT AN IRISH.

Nothing Irish about him.
There is probably not even one single Biden living in Ireland, the more, his progenitor wasn't Irish.
If I am wrong, correct me, but you allready had the opportunity and you have failed.

So he is not Irish.

He has only irish mother, nothing more. He never even lived in Ireland, neither was born there.

He is promoting many insane things, including guys pretending to be women, so, pretending to be irish for some
forty mln votes is nothing strage for this communist delusional freak. And you are taking the bait like a schnook.

BIDEN IS NOT IRISH!!!

Daco-Celtic please note you ARE NOT IRISH and Creoda you are ONLY IRISH AND NOT ENGLISH. This is according to the expect opinion of Rethel. :)

This means that Dr Henry Louis Gates is an Irishman and is not African-American. :thumb001:

Rethel
01-24-2021, 09:14 AM
Daco-Celtic please note you ARE NOT IRISH and Creoda you are ONLY IRISH AND NOT ENGLISH. This is according to the expect opinion of Rethel. :)

Idk nothing about them, but I was talking about Biden.
You had the chance to proof his irishness, and you weren't able, because it is impossible.

This means that Dr Henry Louis Gates is an Irishman and is not African-American. :thumb001:

Why Irishman?
He is of unknown provenance from Maryland.
Why do you think, I should say, he is Irish? :shocked:

Graham
01-24-2021, 09:25 AM
The last President was half Scottish but he put a tarrif on Scotch Whisky and jumped into bed with the Unionists in England.

Have a feeling Biden will be better for youse. :lol:

Rethel
01-24-2021, 09:28 AM
The last President was half Scottish

And to which clan does he belong?

Grace O'Malley
01-24-2021, 09:28 AM
Idk nothing about them, but I was talking about Biden.
You had the chance to proof his irishness, and you weren't able, because it is impossible.

Why Irishman?
He is of unknown provenance from Maryland.
Why do you think, I should say, he is Irish? :shocked:

Biden is 62% Irish. What more proof do you want? You just want to ignore this. Gates is M222 so I was just using your own formula for deducting what ethnicity people are. Anyway I don't see the point with going back and forth on this. It's impossible to discuss this if someone just ignores facts.

Graham
01-24-2021, 09:32 AM

And to which clan does he belong?

Oh Trump, his mum was from Lewis and spoke Gaelic as her first language, most likely a MacLeod.

Rethel
01-24-2021, 09:53 AM
Biden is 62% Irish. What more proof do you want?

Biden is 100% Biden. Where are Bidens in ireland, to which clan they belong and what role in the history of Ireland did they play?

You just want to ignore this.

Nope. I do not. It is just irrelevant.

Gates is M222 so I was just using your own formula for deducting what ethnicity people are.

I do not deduct it basing on hg.
So, maybe he is, the same as some inheritable mulatto O'Neil born and living in Corck.

It's impossible to discuss this if someone just ignores facts.

Exactly. You do this on and on.

Rethel
01-24-2021, 09:55 AM
Oh Trump, his mum was from Lewis and spoke Gaelic as her first language, most likely a MacLeod.

So... it is his mother, not he.

There is no Trump-clan, neither to McLeods do not belong such family as Trumps. You are delusional.

He is a German. He comes from frankish Rheinland. And he - fortunatly - identifys as coming from Germany.

Grace O'Malley
01-24-2021, 09:55 AM
Biden is 100% Biden. Where are Bidens in ireland, to which clan they belong and what role in the history of Ireland did they play?

Nope. I do not. It is just irrelevant.

I do not deduct it basing on hg.
So, maybe he is, the same as some inheritable mulatto O'Neil born and living in Corck.

Exactly. You do this on and on.

Go and pester Graham with the same nonsense. What do you not understand about his mother being a Finnigan and his majority Irish ancestry. As I said no point discussing further.

Graham
01-24-2021, 09:58 AM
Go and pester Graham with the same nonsense. What do you not understand about his mother being a Finnigan and his majority Irish ancestry. As I said no point discussing further.

To be honest, I'm quite happy for Trump to be German, American or the false prophet.. Whatever he wants :lol:

Rethel
01-24-2021, 10:01 AM
What do you not understand about his mother being a Finnigan

I understand, that his mother is Finnigan. But not he.

and his majority Irish ancestry.

Which is irrelevant, because does not makes him an Irish.

As I said no point discussing further.

Agree. You claim to cherish and value an irish heritage, but you speak against it.

Grace O'Malley
01-24-2021, 10:09 AM
I understand, that his mother is Finnigan. But not he.

Which is irrelevant, because does not makes him an Irish.

Agree. You claim to cherish and value an irish heritage, but you speak against it.

He is of Irish heritage. How is that?

Rethel
01-24-2021, 10:18 AM

Also wrong. His heritage is English. East Anglish. Eventually late Marylandish.

His mother is Irish. He has Irish mother. Family of his mother is Irish. This is correct.

Rethel
01-24-2021, 10:24 AM

His mother is Irish. He has Irish mother. Family of his mother is Irish. This is correct.

Grace O'Malley
01-24-2021, 10:47 AM

So finally after all that we agree. :) His mother was Irish and he also has some Irish on his paternal side along with German, French and English.

Mortimer
01-24-2021, 11:54 AM
I consider him Irish

Rethel
01-24-2021, 09:25 PM
His mother was Irish and he also has some Irish on his paternal side along with German, French and English.

But it doesn't matter, doesn't change who he is. It is only some tidbit. Nothing more.

Grace O'Malley
01-25-2021, 03:09 AM
But it doesn't matter, doesn't change who he is. It is only some tidbit. Nothing more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67lP1V5SItU :p

Mortimer
01-25-2021, 04:56 AM

He has distant english ancestry on his direct paternal line but most of his ancestry is irish, his mother is irish and his father has also irish ancestry, but his father has also english and german ancestry, but english is a much smaller part, and the most important Biden is Catholic and identifies as Irish and that is how he grew up into this identity. I know serbs with bulgarian surnames and probably they have a bulgarian ancestor but they are serbs. Identity is complex, and I consider him irish, and I consider you a idiot.

Grace O'Malley
01-25-2021, 06:23 AM
That's interesting. So one becomes "plastic" if their ancestors have been in a country long enough. Also, why does this rule only seem to apply to Irish people? If an Australian had ancestors that came from England in the 1800s, are they now a plastic Englishman?

I've thought this myself. Why is it thrown at Irish descent people that they are Plastic Paddies? Anyway people are misusing the term.

Plastic Paddy in Ireland means using Irish stereotypes or inaccurate presentations of the Irish.

This gives all the lowdown on the Plastic Paddy term.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic_Paddy#:~:text=The%20term%20%22plastic%20Pa ddy%22%20came,themselves%20from%20established%20Ir ish%20communities.

Plastic Paddy is someone who celebrates Irishness but has little connection to Ireland so for people that have taken the time to read Irish history and have actually visited Ireland numerous times they are not "Plastic Paddies" so Biden who has immersed himself in Irish history and literature and has been to Ireland numerous times is not a "Plastic Paddy".

Alex Massie, a Scottish journalist, wrote in National Review:

When I was a student in Dublin we scoffed at the American celebration of St. Patrick, finding something preposterous in the green beer, the search for any connection, no matter how tenuous, to Ireland, the misty sentiment of it all that seemed so at odds with the Ireland we knew and actually lived in. Who were these people dressed as Leprechauns and why were they dressed that way? This Hibernian Brigadoon was a sham, a mockery, a Shamrockery of real Ireland and a remarkable exhibition of plastic paddyness. But at least it was confined to the Irish abroad and those foreigners desperate to find some trace of green in their blood.

Creoda
01-25-2021, 07:09 AM
I've thought this myself. Why is it thrown at Irish descent people that they are Plastic Paddies?

Because more often they are. 'Irish-Americans' are generally far removed culturally from Irish in Ireland, as much as Anglo-Americans are from British, yet Irish-Americans still go on about being Irish all the time, Anglo-Americans tend to identify only as American (or Irish/Scots-Irish/German/Indian :laugh:).

Mortimer
01-25-2021, 07:13 AM
Because more often they are. 'Irish-Americans' are generally far removed culturally from Irish in Ireland, as much as Anglo-Americans are from British, yet Irish-Americans still go on about being Irish all the time, Anglo-Americans tend to identify only as American (or Irish/Scots-Irish/German/Indian :laugh:).

Why would he identify as Anglo-American? He is Catholic and 60% Irish, even his dad has other ancestries then English. English is maybe 20% of his ancestry, and it is not expressed in his identity other then his name.

Grace O'Malley
01-25-2021, 07:22 AM

I know Conan often says he is Irish and it is funny when he is actually interviewing real Irish people. :) Conan is 100% Irish ethnically though despite his family being in the US since the Civil War. It is an interesting phenomenon in the US as compared to Australia for example. Your post might have hit the nail on the head with the fact that the Irish have been in Australia since the beginning and gained influence pretty early on.

Davystayn
01-25-2021, 08:20 AM
Why would he identify as Anglo-American? He is Catholic and 60% Irish, even his dad has other ancestries then English. English is maybe 20% of his ancestry, and it is not expressed in his identity other then his name.

60% is probably right for Biden but where do you get the 20% from?

Surname is also fairly indicative as well and fairly important too. If he was called Joe Bizenski or something not sure people would take Irishness as seriously

If an American (who was 60% Serb, the rest from rather balkan countries) self identified as Serb but ignored his other balkan ancestry would he be taken seriously as a Serb back in the balkans?

It was that 'BBC? I'm Irish' clip I saw before. It was clearly a joke and I guess in context he was probably fed up with questioning etc but BBC is a world news channel, hardly the media arm of the state or anything. Seemed an odd comment for a Vice President and really out of touch somehow.

I think there was another comment he said when meeting the Irish PM about 'no orange allowed' which they jokingly laughed about. Orange is the protestant unionist signa, for those that dont know.

Anyway he seems a nice guy, if a little geriatric these days. If he wants to be proud of his Irish roots it is up to him, it can be a force for good as Clinton demonstrated (he is a lot more Irish than Clinton, thats for sure)

Mortimer
01-25-2021, 08:31 AM

Surname is also fairly indicative as well and fairly important too. If he was called Joe Bizenski or something not sure people would take Irishness as seriously

If an American (who was 60% Serb, the rest from rather balkan countries) self identified as Serb but ignored his other balkan ancestry would he be taken seriously as a Serb back in the balkans?

It was that 'BBC? I'm Irish' clip I saw before. It was clearly a joke and I guess in context he was probably fed up with questioning etc but BBC is a world news channel, hardly the media arm of the state or anything. Seemed an odd comment for a Vice President and really out of touch somehow.

I think there was another comment he said when meeting the Irish PM about 'no orange allowed' which they jokingly laughed about. Orange is the protestant unionist signa, for those that dont know.

Anyway he seems a nice guy, if a little geriatric these days. If he wants to be proud of his Irish roots it is up to him, it can be a force for good as Clinton demonstrated (he is a lot more Irish than Clinton, thats for sure)

I don't know how much English but his dad has also German ancestry so he is probably not much English only. I agree that surname is somewhat important but I know germans with polish or Russian surnames who are considered German only. It is important but not as the whole identity

Grace O'Malley
01-25-2021, 08:39 AM

Surnames are not everything though. Many Irish have English origin and Norman origin surnames. I don't see any issues with Biden identifying as mostly Irish which he is. I know a lot of people on here don't like him because he is a Democrat but he has studied Irish history and quotes Irish poets in his speeches. He has a genuine love for Ireland which I can completely understand. You can love the US and feel a connection to your Irish ancestry just as an Australian can love Australia and still feel Irish. There is no conflict of interest thankfully unlike some other heritages.

I'm not left wing or right wing. I don't need to be categorised as people on here love doing. I'm diaspora Irish and they are a large diaspora. It is an interesting history and gives Ireland a bigger influence globally which is recognised in Ireland.

I think the BBC clip might have been a bit of a message to the British Government about the GFA and not to create a hard border in Ireland. Biden has very strong views about the GFA as has people like Nancy Pelosi and other Americans. Whatever people think about Clinton he was very good for Ireland as was Tony Blair.

Grace O'Malley
01-25-2021, 10:07 AM

Something else which would be interesting is the difference between the Scots and Welsh experience compared to the Irish. Perhaps Graham, yourself and Creoda could offer some input? What is the difference? Is it religion for example?

Graham
01-25-2021, 06:59 PM
Something else which would be interesting is the difference between the Scots and Welsh experience compared to the Irish. Perhaps Graham, yourself and Creoda could offer some input? What is the difference? Is it religion for example?

Scotland's a bit like Ireland in that it has a major tourist drive in encouraging people to look into their ancient links. The Clan thing is a big deal. My Grandad was a MacDonald or great Gran was a Murray or a MacGregor etc...

Think I understand Biden a bit more as we have Catholic Scots who identify with Ireland and say the same stuff or jokes. It's not all about being 100% Irish if the community you grew up in have a link to somewhere that kept a tradtion or stories.

Rethel
01-25-2021, 11:19 PM
:p

He can also say, he's an Elf, a Dannan, a Miletian, a Martian, a Chinese whatever. It will not change anything.

Rethel
01-25-2021, 11:22 PM
Anglo-Americans tend to identify only as American

But it wasn't as such before 1970s.
The main cultural line-thought was: pure Anglo-Saxons/English, free from Normans.

Why would he identify as Anglo-American?

Because he is.

Surnames are not everything though.

Origin of the person is. And surname is only a main trace often compatible with the origin. In 90% it is a good indicator.

but he has studied Irish history and quotes Irish poets in his speeches

So, when I do this, can I be an Irish too? :picard2:

Daco Celtic
01-25-2021, 11:46 PM
I've thought this myself. Why is it thrown at Irish descent people that they are Plastic Paddies? Anyway people are misusing the term.

Plastic Paddy in Ireland means using Irish stereotypes or inaccurate presentations of the Irish.

This gives all the lowdown on the Plastic Paddy term.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic_Paddy#:~:text=The%20term%20%22plastic%20Pa ddy%22%20came,themselves%20from%20established%20Ir ish%20communities.

Plastic Paddy is someone who celebrates Irishness but has little connection to Ireland so for people that have taken the time to read Irish history and have actually visited Ireland numerous times they are not "Plastic Paddies" so Biden who has immersed himself in Irish history and literature and has been to Ireland numerous times is not a "Plastic Paddy".

Alex Massie, a Scottish journalist, wrote in National Review:

When I was a student in Dublin we scoffed at the American celebration of St. Patrick, finding something preposterous in the green beer, the search for any connection, no matter how tenuous, to Ireland, the misty sentiment of it all that seemed so at odds with the Ireland we knew and actually lived in. Who were these people dressed as Leprechauns and why were they dressed that way? This Hibernian Brigadoon was a sham, a mockery, a Shamrockery of real Ireland and a remarkable exhibition of plastic paddyness. But at least it was confined to the Irish abroad and those foreigners desperate to find some trace of green in their blood.

You might be interested in an academic paper on the subject called "‘Plastic and Proud’?: Discourses of Authenticity among the second-generation Irish in England" (https://www.academia.edu/228938/_Plastic_and_Proud_Discourses_of_Authenticity_amon g_the_second_generation_Irish_in_England to download the pdf). I just came across it.

The summary states that it's "a label originally coined by young Irish migrants in London in the 1980s to describe the second‐generation London‐Irish they encountered. The attribution of ‘plastic‐ness’ in interview data as well as rhetorical defenses against being labelled ‘plastic’ reflect ongoing issues of contestation over meaning and ownership of diasporic Irishness." So Irish coined the term and the rest of the world ran with it. Now it seems to be applied mainly to Irish-Americans.

Some other articles on the subject: https://www.irishcentral.com/opinion/others/tired-of-being-mocked-and-called-a-plastic-paddy-in-ireland

https://www.irishcentral.com/roots/irish-american-ireland-prejudice

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/abroad/generation-emigration/why-are-irish-people-so-precious-about-irishness-1.2873896

Mortimer
01-26-2021, 03:07 AM
Because he is.

Why do you claim it? He is distantly or partly. I dont know exactly his fathers ancestry, but if his father is 50% english, he is 25%, if his father is 1/4 english he is only 12.5% english. That is nothing compared to 60% Irish. He is also french, german, etc. He might not be 100% Irish but he is authentic to me, more then anything. And English surnames, are not unheard of among the Irish. If his surname was Italian or Polish it might be a bit more outstanding. Do you have any argument, or you just claim absurdities?

Origin of the person is. And surname is only a main trace often compatible with the origin. In 90% it is a good indicator.

It does, and it has a importance, but relative to the whole ancestry, make up and identity. Is Franz Vranitzky former Austrian chancellor Austrian or Slavic? Vranitzky is a slavic surname.

Grace O'Malley
01-26-2021, 03:48 AM
The main cultural line-thought was: pure Anglo-Saxons/English, free from Normans.

Because he is.

So, when I do this, can I be an Irish too? :picard2:

What would you say about the Pearse brothers Willie and Patrick? They are Irish patriots and heros who started the 1916 Rebellion and were executed by the British for it. They had an Irish mother and an English father.

Pearse, his brother Willie, and his sisters Margaret and Mary Brigid were born at 27 Great Brunswick Street, Dublin, the street that is named after them today.[1][2] It was here that their father, James Pearse, established a stonemasonry business in the 1850s,[3] a business which flourished and provided the Pearses with a comfortable middle-class upbringing.[4] Pearse's father was a mason and monumental sculptor, and originally a Unitarian from Birmingham in England.[5] His mother, Margaret Brady, was from Dublin, and her father's family from County Meath were native Irish speakers. She was James' second wife; James had two children, Emily and James, from his first marriage (two other children died in infancy). Pearse's maternal grandfather Patrick was a supporter of the 1848 Young Ireland movement, and later a member of the Irish Republican Brotherhood (IRB). Pearse recalled a visiting ballad singer performing republican songs during his childhood; afterwards he went around looking for armed men ready to fight, but finding none, declared sadly to his grandfather that "the fenians are all dead". His maternal grand-uncle, James Savage, fought in the American Civil War.[6] The Irish-speaking influence of Pearse's grand-aunt Margaret, together with his schooling at the CBS Westland Row, instilled in him an early love for the Irish language and culture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Pearse

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Pearse

Surnames and ydna lines are not the be-all of a person's identity as you can see above with the Pearse brothers. Your view is very much an unusual one and would be viewed as very eccentric by the vast majority of people.

Your views don't change the fact that Joe Biden identifies with his Irish ancestry.

Of course people have to have actual Irish heritage to identify with it; that is a given. A Polish person can like Irish culture but isn't going to claim he is Irish obviously. That is a different case with Joe Biden who has 62.5% Irish ancestry.

Creoda
01-26-2021, 04:10 AM

They would have been more cognisant of their English/British origins before the 1970s, but they identified only as American by choice, similar to Anglo-Celtic Australians today. And btw Americans alone seem to have a fetish for Norman ancestry.

Ruggery
01-26-2021, 04:12 AM

Or German some white americans have an obsession with calling themselves german.

Ruggery
01-26-2021, 04:16 AM
Biden is a Catholic even though the majority of Irish-Americans are Protestant.

Grace O'Malley
01-26-2021, 04:21 AM

If they are Protestant they are most probably Scots and not Irish. Never knew most Irish-Americans are Protestant. :confused: Can you link to something about that?

Grace O'Malley
01-26-2021, 04:31 AM

Nevermind just found it. That's a big surprise. Blows the stereotype somewhat. :) I think some of these might be Scots-Irish.

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/irish-americans-are-more-protestant-than-catholic#:~:text=Contrary%20to%20common%20belief%2 C%20a,population%20to%20be%20more%20Protestant.&text=About%20half%20of%20the%2040,only%20one%20thi rd%20are%20Catholic.

Interesting comment on that.

The Scotch-Irish DNA projects are dismantling the myth that all Scotch-Irish were "Scots on the Ulster plantation". They were a mix of Lowland Scottish (Ulster plantation); Highland Scottish clans who had been in Ulster a good century before the Lowland Scots were transplanted, clans which held common Scotch-Irish names such as McCain, McDonald, and Campbell; and native Irish Protestants. Some of these people weren't even Presbyterian, but instead were Anglican (the preferred term here in America since the time of the Revolution is Episcopalian). My own Irish ancestors were a part of the Anglo-Irish class, but were just as Irish and just as Protestant as the Guinness family, the brewers and bankers who wouldn't even hire non-Anglicans early in their business history.

The name "Scotch-Irish" itself was a term made popular by Protestant knight "societies", during the Know-Nothing era, who campaigned to distinguish early Irish Protestants from the newer famine arrivals. They chose "Scotch" due to the prevalence of Scottish Presbyterianism among the ranks of these people, and not because they were sharing the results of ethnicity surveys. In actual fact, to maintain the myth that early Irish Protestants were all "Lowland Scots" is to maintain an element of Know-Nothing propaganda (although to be sure, there were Irish Protestants in the ranks of these societies, so it isn't entirely clear if even the Know-Nothings were attempting to strip Irish ethnicity away from the descendants of early Protestant settlers).

Here are some of the results from a rather large Scotch-Irish DNA project which this publication has in the past advertised:

Irish Central will not let me link, so you are going to have to google the Scotch-Irish DNA project for yourself and look at the names and haplogroups. The project is run by Barry McCain, and it clearly shows Irish haplogroups among the Scotch-Irish, and Irish names. Before you get even halfway down the first page you'll see names like McNally, McGivern, Dunn, McElhaney, and Mooney -- all Irish names.

The genealogy literature and, more conclusively, the DNA projects are decidedly opposed to the myth that all Irish Protestants in this country are "ethnic Scots." It isn't even close to being true.

Daco Celtic
01-26-2021, 04:32 AM
They would have been more cognisant of their English/British origins before the 1970s, but they identified only as American by choice, similar to Anglo-Celtic Australians today. And btw Americans alone seem to have a fetish for Norman ancestry.

Americans are like this and Americans are like that. Please tell me what makes you such an expert on Americans?

Ruggery
01-26-2021, 04:36 AM
Nevermind just found it. That's a big surprise. Blows the stereotype somewhat. :)

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/irish-americans-are-more-protestant-than-catholic#:~:text=Contrary%20to%20common%20belief%2 C%20a,population%20to%20be%20more%20Protestant.&text=About%20half%20of%20the%2040,only%20one%20thi rd%20are%20Catholic.

Why is surprise? The United States is a Protestant country despite having a strong Catholic presence, and I see very likely that a large part of the Irish have converted to Protestantism to adapt and avoid discrimination.

Creoda
01-26-2021, 04:36 AM
If they are Protestant they are most probably Scots and not Irish. Never knew most Irish-Americans are Protestant. :confused: Can you link to something about that?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Americans

Religion
Protestant (51%) • Catholic (36%) • Other (3%) • No religion (10%) (2006)[5

Religion has been important to the Irish American identity in America, and continues to play a major role in their communities. Surveys conducted since the 1970s have shown consistent majorities or pluralities of those who self-identify as being of Irish ancestry in the United States as also self-identifying as Protestants.[137][138] The Protestants' ancestors arrived primarily in the colonial era, while Catholics are primarily descended from immigrants of the 19th century. Irish leaders have been prominent in the Catholic Church in the United States for over 150 years. The Irish have been leaders in the Presbyterian and Methodist traditions, as well.[176]

Surveys in the 1990s show that of Americans who identify themselves as "Irish", 51% said they were Protestant and 36% identified as Catholic. In the South, Protestants account for 73% of those claiming Irish origins, while Catholics account for 19%. In the North, 45% of those claiming Irish origin are Catholic, while 39% are Protestant.

'How the Irish became Protestant in America'
https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/religion-and-american-culture/article/abs/how-the-irish-became-protestant-in-america/9052A7FF691AE37CDD0C765CCAEAAB38

Grace O'Malley
01-26-2021, 04:43 AM

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/religion-and-american-culture/article/abs/how-the-irish-became-protestant-in-america/9052A7FF691AE37CDD0C765CCAEAAB38

It shows the Irish are not one block like people are suggesting in this thread and shows that Joe Biden is not just using his Irish Catholic background for political purposes. :p

Creoda
01-26-2021, 04:50 AM
Americans are like this and Americans are like that. Please tell me what makes you such an expert on Americans?
American cultural Imperialism, and experience talking/listening to them for years.

The Norman thing is conspicuous by the fact that I've never heard any other Anglosphere people go on about being descended from Normans, only Americans.

Grace O'Malley
01-26-2021, 04:51 AM

It would be interesting to read that article by Michael Carroll but it is behind a paywall. Will see if it is available online for free.

Ruggery
01-26-2021, 04:52 AM
American cultural Imperialism, and experience talking/listening to them for years.

The Norman thing is conspicuous by the fact that I've never heard any other Anglosphere people go on about behind descended from Normans, only Americans.

Norman French? Or Norman Viking?

Grace O'Malley
01-26-2021, 04:58 AM
Found a page of that article and this paragraph suggests that these are pre-famine so I wonder how Irish they really are?

For Akenson himself, as well as for Andrew Greeley,2 the answer was clear: today’s Irish Protestants were largely the descendents of those Irish—mainly Protestant, but including Catholics who converted—who settled in America before the Famine. Certainly, the regional distribution of today’s Irish-American Protestants lends support to this view. Thus, in the South, which was an area heavily settled by the pre-Famine Irish and little affected by a post-Famine Irish immigration that was largely Catholic, fully 73 percent of all respondents who identify themselves as “Irish” are Protestant (see Table 1, column 1). By contrast, outside the South (and so in areas more affected by post-Famine Irish immigration) Irish Catholics outnumber Irish Protestants by a slim margin (column 2).

Mortimer
01-26-2021, 05:01 AM
Someone said the Irish like Joe Biden but not Mike Pence, eventhough Pence is more Irish ethnically then Biden. I think that could be because Biden is a bit of a Irish Nationalist or Republican, Pence not. Biden made pro Irish remarks.

Creoda
01-26-2021, 05:02 AM
It shows the Irish are not one block like people are suggesting in this thread and shows that Joe Biden is not just using his Irish Catholic background for political purposes. :p
It shows that the Plastic Paddy moniker is very much appropriate for Americans. As has been said here many times over, identity is political on the left. Him going on about being Irish Catholic all the time is code for 'I'm not a normal white guy', 'I'm not one of the bad guys' (being Irish Catholic means he has less responsibility for slavery for example).

Mortimer
01-26-2021, 05:05 AM
It shows that the Plastic Paddy moniker is very much appropriate for Americans. As has been said here many times over, identity is political on the left. Him going on about being Irish Catholic all the time is code for 'I'm not a normal white guy', 'I'm not one of the bad guys' (being Irish Catholic means he has less responsibility for slavery for example).

I think he is a normal white guy, and white people are good people and not responsible for slavery. That being clarified maybe he is just very attached to his irish heritage, and also seems to have interest in irish political issues, beyond american political issues. Pence didnt had any interest in doing something for Ireland or Northern Ireland.

Mortimer
01-26-2021, 05:06 AM
My mum thought Biden has some albanian ancestry, because he loves albanians so much. I said he doesnt have albanian ancestry, but he does love the albanians and hates the serbs.

Daco Celtic
01-26-2021, 05:11 AM

The Norman thing is conspicuous by the fact that I've never heard any other Anglosphere people go on about behind descended from Normans, only Americans.

The Norman claims sound more like something a few Americans would say in a forum, that's hardly a mainstream view. I'm impressed if Americans know much about Normans or if they are familiar with the Battle of Hastings, which probably doesn't say much for us.

Grace O'Malley
01-26-2021, 05:14 AM
Article on the subject.

For both Protestants and Catholics, being Irish is something to be proud of. This is one reason why so many Americans claim to be Irish, even if only part of their ancestry is Irish. According to the General Social Survey, roughly one-in-eight Americans say that their primary ancestry is Irish. This Irish diaspora in America is large. According to the General Social Survey, 12 percent of Americans or over 36 million people claim to have an Irish ancestry. This is six times more than the current population of the Emerald Isle (there are 4.6 million people in the Republic of Ireland and another 1.8 million in Northern Ireland). This large number of Irish in America is far more than would be expected to occur from the four million Irish immigrants. Sociologists Michael Hout and Joshua Goldstein found that one reason is preference. Put simply: Americans like to think of themselves as being Irish, even if what it means to be Irish is not the same for everyone.

https://religionnews.com/2014/03/17/irish-americans-religion-politics/

I'm still not sure that some of these people claiming to be Irish are actually Irish? I would like to read up more on the topic.

Creoda
01-26-2021, 05:24 AM
The Norman claims sound more like something a few Americans would say in a forum, that's hardly a mainstream view. I'm impressed if Americans know much about Normans or if they are familiar with the Battle of Hastings, which probably doesn't say much for us.
Maybe so, I wasn't meaning the majority of Americans had a fetish for Norman ancestry. Of course most people don't know or care about any of this stuff.

Mortimer
01-26-2021, 05:30 AM
Talking about Ireland or the UK. I just joined a UK forum... looks like a interesting forum. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6894488

Graham
01-26-2021, 07:07 AM
Maybe so, I wasn't meaning the majority of Americans had a fetish for Norman ancestry. Of course most people don't know or care about any of this stuff.

England could easily have been Normanland. The English underplay their French links because the two nations don't get on.

The whole Foundation of England was built from Anglo-Norman times.

Creoda
01-26-2021, 07:48 AM
England could easily have been Normanland. The English underplay their French links because the two nations don't get on.

The whole Foundation of England was built from Anglo-Norman times.
OK, but the Norman ancestry of average people is in all probability very low. Can't imagine why it would have been called Normanland, it was already a united Kingdom of England.

Graham
01-26-2021, 08:10 AM
OK, but the Norman ancestry of average people is in all probability very low. Can't imagine why it would have been called Normanland, it was already a united Kingdom of England.

The English Kings were full on Normans and the Anglo Saxons rulers were pushed out.

The overall majority of fortifications and abbeys were built by Norman nobles and bishops, those nobles were Englands hierarchy until recently. The English coat of arms, St George Cross(adopted by Richard the Lionheart, a Norman) and Magna Carta followed. The English language was changed enough for Middle English and Early English to look like two diffferent languages.

Creoda
01-26-2021, 08:44 AM
The English Kings were full on Normans and the Anglo Saxons rulers were pushed out.

The overall majority of fortifications and abbeys were built by Norman nobles and bishops, those nobles were Englands hierarchy until recently. The English coat of arms, St George Cross(adopted by Richard the Lionheart, a Norman) and Magna Carta followed. The English language was changed enough for Middle English and Early English to look like two diffferent languages.
William the Conqueror and all successive Kings assumed the title of King of England, as a continuation of the state/kingdom that already existed. The Domesday Book in 1086 was only possible because England was already a relatively organised and centralised state. So it wasn't going to ever be called Normanland, it was a case of legitimacy, William considered himself rightful King of the English before he'd ever set foot there.

English state ≠ English people either, as we know English wasn't even an official language until the 14th-15th century, but it was always the language of the common folk, who never had much genetic influence from Normans (subject of my original post).

Rethel
01-26-2021, 09:25 AM
Why do you claim it?

Becasue he is from Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire in East Anglia.

to the whole ancestry

Forefathers are whole ancestry.

make up and identity.

Welcome to the schizophrenic world - where in every generetion idnetity must be calculated, and guy's children and not guy's children even if they are.

Is Franz Vranitzky former Austrian chancellor Austrian or Slavic? Vranitzky is a slavic surname.

Idk, many Germans have slavic names and vice versa.

Rethel
01-26-2021, 09:38 AM
What would you say about the Pearse brothers Willie and Patrick? They are Irish patriots and heros who started the 1916 Rebellion and were executed by the British for it. They had an Irish mother and an English father.

The same. The fact, that they chose to fight for Ireland, doesn't chnage who they are.
And always has to be destincted an inheritable identity (which is not changeable) from
the residentional (which can change). Biden is not Irish in both meanings.

Surnames and ydna lines are not the be-all of a person's identity as you can see above with the Pearse brothers. Your view is very much an unusual one and would be viewed as very eccentric by the vast majority of people.

So 99% of history was excentiric.

It is btw very symptomatic, that people who either don't care or are very ignorant about history, tradition, religion, law, and customs, and who base their only true judgment only on their own imagination corrupted by other internet ignorants, claim to be normal and to know better, than someone who speaks with support of laws, traditions, customs, religions, history, literature aso... Interesting, isn't it?

Your views don't change the fact that Joe Biden identifies with his Irish ancestry.

Also would not change, if he would identify as a pygmy woman.
He can claim whatever he want's, but it will not changed his provenance.

A Polish person can like Irish culture but isn't going to claim he is Irish obviously. That is a different case with Joe Biden who has 62.5% Irish ancestry.

He has just some stronger reason to be interested, but the situation is the same.

Rethel
01-26-2021, 09:51 AM

Because the topest people were Normands, and they were creators and rulers of the state. And to some quite high degree still are.

Graham
01-26-2021, 10:02 AM
Rethel you are sort of going down the Primogeniture side of things when a clan is a tribe rather than just it's cheiftan and father to son.

Edit: but I do get about History and all that being driving by it.

Grace O'Malley
01-26-2021, 10:06 AM
The same. The fact, that they chose to fight for Ireland, doesn't chnage who they are.
And always has to be destincted an inheritable identity (which is not changeable) from
the residentional (which can change). Biden is not Irish in both meanings.

So 99% of history was excentiric.

It is btw very symptomatic, that people who either don't care or are very ignorant about history, tradition, religion, law, and customs, and who base their only true judgment only on their own imagination corrupted by other internet ignorants, claim to be normal and to know better, than someone who speaks with support of laws, traditions, customs, religions, history, literature aso... Interesting, isn't it?

Also would not change, if he would identify as a pygmy woman.
He can claim whatever he want's, but it will not changed his provenance.

He has just some stronger reason to be interested, but the situation is the same.

Everything you said above just ignores the fact that these people have substantial Irish ancestry. How you are reared and what you identify as will be influenced by both parents and their families not just a surname or y-dna line. Your argument just doesn't hold water. Anyway no one is saying Biden is Irish. He is an American who has Irish ancestry.

Creoda
01-26-2021, 10:14 AM
Because the topest people were Normands, and they were creators and rulers of the state. And to some quite high degree still are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_England

The Kingdom of England was a sovereign state on the island of Great Britain from 12 July 927, when it emerged from various Anglo-Saxon kingdoms, until 1 May 1707, when it united with Scotland to form the Kingdom of Great Britain.

On 12 July 927, the various Anglo-Saxon kingdoms were united by Æthelstan (r. 927–939) to form the Kingdom of England. In 1016, the kingdom became part of the North Sea Empire of Cnut the Great, a personal union between England, Denmark and Norway. The Norman conquest of England in 1066 led to the transfer of the English capital city and chief royal residence from the Anglo-Saxon one at Winchester to Westminster, and the City of London quickly established itself as England's largest and principal commercial centre.[2]
You've made your point about ethnicity only being defined by paternal line. Nobody buys it, and it's getting tedious.

Rethel
01-26-2021, 11:19 AM
Rethel you are sort of going down the Primogeniture side of things when a clan is a tribe rather than just it's cheiftan and father to son.

And there are certain families belonging to, and the list is closed. So, neither Trump, neither Biden, neither me can add himself. Period.

Rethel
01-26-2021, 11:28 AM
Everything you said above just ignores the fact that these people have substantial Irish ancestry. How you are reared and what you identify as will be influenced by both parents and their families not just a surname or y-dna line.

I nowhere said "just surname or y-dna".

If both parents and their families, then they also have two, and so on.
Then in fact, you try to say, that he belongs to 1000, 1000000, 1000000000 families... what is an absurd.

You just can't bear a simple fact, that he is a member of his own family, and his family is english.
He doesn't belong to any irish family, neither clan, so he can't be an Irishman.

Why are you insting on complicating things?

You are for irish heritage and tradition? So why you undermining it?

Anyway no one is saying Biden is Irish.

Really? :scratch:

He is an American who has Irish ancestry.

English.

Mortimer
01-26-2021, 11:31 AM
Hey Rethel do you live in austria now? Just curious because of the flag in your profile

Rethel
01-26-2021, 11:36 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_England

When they conquered the England, they could named it as they wished.
Normans were ruling class, didn't even speak english, but french, they were the masters of reality and situation.
Btw, in english history and literature this thread is alive on and on and on - a division between Normans and non-Normans.

You've made your point about ethnicity only being defined by paternal line.

So you we'll be very happy, when your sons and grandsons, will be sissies and renounce you, because their mommy...

Nobody buys it, and it's getting tedious.

I do not expect any ignorant, who's only argument is "becasue I said so" to agree with me.
Behind me stay thousands of years of history, laws, religions, traditions. You have only your
own wishfull thinking against me and constant ignorance against all what I just enumarated.
So, why I should bother?

Rethel
01-26-2021, 11:39 AM
Hey Rethel do you live in austria now? Just curious because of the flag in your profile

Nope.
I chose austrian flag because is the same as the banner of the sarmatian Commonwealth
("Rzeczpospolita - the only Republic which was a Kingdom" as it is described above her) :)

Loki
01-26-2021, 11:59 AM
Grace, I know this is a general sentiment among Irish, that is stick to and support their kind, no matter what. I understand where they're coming from, and it's perhaps a very normal manifestation of tribalism. The same holds true for Irish attitudes towards the Clintons.

I have to wonder though... Do Irish people not look deeper into politicians like these, and do they not notice pure evil when they see it? Interestingly enough many if not most Catholics I know are absolutely opposed to Biden's policies on abortion and support for other radical leftist ideas. I mean, it's not far removed from full blown communism! And yet, the Irish... seem to be walking their own path.

Creoda
01-26-2021, 12:03 PM
When they conquered the England, they could named it as they wished.
Normans were ruling class, didn't even speak english, but french, they were the masters of reality and situation.
Btw, in english history and literature this thread is alive on and on and on - a division between Normans and non-Normans.

They mixed with and considered themselves English within a few hundred years, and so does everyone else (except you). When the ruling classes of England subjugated other nations, English people never get to say 'but it were the Normans'.

So you we'll be very happy, when your sons and grandsons, will be sissies and renounce you, because their mommy...

I do not expect any ignorant, who's only argument is "becasue I said so" to agree with me.
Behind me stay thousands of years of history, laws, religions, traditions. You have only your
own wishfull thinking against me and constant ignorance against all what I just enumarated.
So, why I should bother?
I'm just saying you've made your point over and over again, everyone knows what your opinion on the matter is. As it happens, nearly everyone disagrees, so yeah, why should you bother.

If my sons and grandsons think themselves different than me then it's my fault for mixing with different people. Racial purity > patrilineal integrity.

Grace O'Malley
01-27-2021, 10:20 AM
Grace, I know this is a general sentiment among Irish, that is stick to and support their kind, no matter what. I understand where they're coming from, and it's perhaps a very normal manifestation of tribalism. The same holds true for Irish attitudes towards the Clintons.

I have to wonder though... Do Irish people not look deeper into politicians like these, and do they not notice pure evil when they see it? Interestingly enough many if not most Catholics I know are absolutely opposed to Biden's policies on abortion and support for other radical leftist ideas. I mean, it's not far removed from full blown communism! And yet, the Irish... seem to be walking their own path.

I don't agree that Irish stick to and support their own kind more than any other ethnicity does. Even one of the articles linked above show Irish-Americans don't vote as a block and they don't here in Australia either. As has been pointed out Pence has more Irish ancestry than Biden but as a person who is just looking at this from Ireland's point of view the Democrats and Biden have been much more supportive of Ireland regarding things like the GFA and pointing out that they will not give a trade agreement to Britain if there is a hard border in Ireland. Compare to Donald Trump who did not even know anything about the border situation and definitely didn't appear to understand it when he was with Leo Varadkar. So for all the people that are against Biden he is good for Ireland and that is where I'm coming from in regards to his international commitments.

The US president said he didn't think there'd be any problem with the border "wall" in Ireland. He was quickly corrected by his Irish host, who said any such barrier was the last thing the country needed.

https://www.dw.com/en/trump-says-irish-border-brexit-wall-will-work-out-well/a-49078233

The US president-elect, Joe Biden, has repeated his call for the border between Ireland and the United Kingdom to remain open as the contentious issue threatens to complicate the final stages of the Brexit process.

Biden had stressed the importance of protecting Northern Ireland’s peace deal in the Brexit process in a call with the UK’s prime minister, Boris Johnson, after the Democrat won the US election against Donald Trump. He also said that he had discussed the issue with other European leaders.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/nov/25/brexit-talks-joe-biden-says-uk-ireland-border-must-remain-open

So as an non-US citizen and someone that doesn't want a hard Irish border I wanted Joe Biden to get the Presidency as he obviously has Ireland's best interests at heart. The reason why the Clintons are thought well of in Ireland is because they really backed the GFA and worked hard for it as did Tony Blair.

Rethel
01-28-2021, 12:25 PM
If my sons and grandsons think themselves different than me then it's my fault for mixing with different people. Racial purity > patrilineal integrity.

So, if you are so henpecked, then with such views, you should marry your own sister... :picard2:

Östsvensk
03-26-2021, 01:52 PM
Joe Biden says great-grandfather left Ireland 'because of what the Brits had been doing'
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1415067/Joe-biden-news-the-brits-immigrations-Mexico-Ireland-president-press-conference-ont

JOE BIDEN told attendees at his first press conference his great-grandfather left Ireland "because of what the Brits had been doing".

The President was responding to a question on why a there has been a surge of immigrants crossing the southern border, and referred to his Irish ancestry. US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officials apprehended more than 100,000 migrants in February, 28 percent more than January.

Mr Biden compared his ancestor's journey to the US to those crossing the southern border when trying to explain the difficulties migrants face.

He told reporters: “When my great grandfather got on a coffin ship in the Irish sea, the expectation was he going to live long enough to get to the United States of America.

JamesBond007
03-26-2021, 01:55 PM

He is almost mentally retarded e.g. Dementia. Lots of WASPs have an Irish grandparent or whatnot but that does not mean they are Irish or not Germanic.

Anglo-Celtic
04-08-2021, 01:14 AM
Grace, you're one of my fave people on the Apricity Forum and Ethnic Celebrities. I greatly enjoy your comments. They're very informative. I learn a lot from them.

I must part company with you here in a respectful way. Slow Joe is damaging and destroying the USA as fast and as much as he can. He presents an existential threat to all of us. He brings nothing good.

I understand why Democrats would celebrate JFK's ancestral ties to Ireland. I appreciate why Republicans would honor Ronald Reagan's Irish roots. I get why Donald Trump (mother is a true Gael) fans might be proud of Mike Pence's large amounts of "green blood". I wouldn't claim Joe Biden, even though we both have forebears from County Laois.

Slow Joe has a long record of dishonesty and hypocrisy. He's not an honorable son of Eire. My guess is that the good Irish people are brainwashed by leftist propaganda news outlets. If Joe Biden visits them, they're more than welcome to keep him!

Grace O'Malley
04-09-2021, 01:44 PM
Grace, you're one of my fave people on the Apricity Forum and Ethnic Celebrities. I greatly enjoy your comments. They're very informative. I learn a lot from them.

I must part company with you here in a respectful way. Slow Joe is damaging and destroying the USA as fast and as much as he can. He presents an existential threat to all of us. He brings nothing good.

I understand why Democrats would celebrate JFK's ancestral ties to Ireland. I appreciate why Republicans would honor Ronald Reagan's Irish roots. I get why Donald Trump (mother is a true Gael) fans might be proud of Mike Pence's large amounts of "green blood". I wouldn't claim Joe Biden, even though we both have forebears from County Laois.

Slow Joe has a long record of dishonesty and hypocrisy. He's not an honorable son of Eire. My guess is that the good Irish people are brainwashed by leftist propaganda news outlets. If Joe Biden visits them, they're more than welcome to keep him!

No problems at all. This thread was not meant to be political as there are other threads on here where Joe Biden's politics can be discussed. It is only about his Irish ancestry and connections in Ireland. There's a lot of things on which I don't agree with him also. :thumb001:

Geni
04-09-2021, 01:50 PM
I have heard from albanians that the Irish are very good people ... and I believe it is true because albanians do not easily praise other peoples

PostOak1
04-09-2021, 02:37 PM
Biden is such a dementia patient he thinks he is Irish rather than Anglo-Saxon. I mean an extreme minority of Ireland is Anglo-Saxon but god damn he is plastic paddy if I ever saw one. You are plastic paddy too. Many Americans are plastic paddies.

Americans are ignorant of the world so they think Ireland is more important than it is historically and in world affairs. Also, Woodrow Wilson had an Anti-German clamp down starting in 1917 so some Germans and half German half Irish people , in America, delusionally identify as 'Irish'.

Few so called 'white identities' are allowed to celebrate their heritage on a mass scaled such as Saint Patrick's day so that contributes too.

Australian plastic paddies , like you, exist due to a long history such as Ned Kelly. American culture and Australian culture are similar. You are more knowledgeable about 'Ireland' than the standard plastic paddy but if you gave me your raw dna file I'm sure I would find out you are Scottish or English but you are able to statistically manipulate your results for political purposes.

I guess that makes me a Plastic Prod

Anglo-Celtic
04-10-2021, 11:58 PM
No problems at all. This thread was not meant to be political as there are other threads on here where Joe Biden's politics can be discussed. It is only about his Irish ancestry and connections in Ireland. There's a lot of things on which I don't agree with him also. :thumb001:

It's all good. I just hate it when politicians are condescending and patronizing to people in order to get on their good sides. Joe Biden repeatedly does this with Black Americans as if they're children with special needs. He's not above pulling the same kind of blarney on Irish people.

PostOak1
04-12-2021, 12:38 AM
It's all good. I just hate it when politicians are condescending and patronizing to people in order to get on their good sides. Joe Biden repeatedly does this with Black Americans as if they're children with special needs. He's not above pulling the same kind of blarney on Irish people.

Joe Biden is just another Yankee liberal corporate whore politician

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SteelStihl
04-12-2021, 02:35 AM
What is there to like about Joe Biden? He literally epitomizes everything wrong with American politicians. The dude would sell his own mother for votes and power.

Tannhauser
04-12-2021, 02:51 AM

Probably true

I have Irish hiberno-norman name but unlike most Americans in my position I turn to science. I know the Irish are supposed to be celtic, yet, not related to the Germanics but the science is telling me different. Sorry, allow me to get nerdy or boffin-like with G25 for a minute. My Irish name is 'Kevin' and these are my 'Irish-American' results :

48.4 Germanic_Norse
16.0 Celtic_Britain
7.6 Iberian
2.0 Turkic_Turanid

Clinton is Scots-Irish or lowland Scottish Ullans but if push came to shove would probably identify with Ireland more than Scotland that is how delusional many Americans are.

Good insight .

Anyway ,everyone kiss me I'm 'Irish' :

48.4 Germanic_Norse
16.0 Celtic_Britain
7.6 Iberian
2.0 Turkic_Turanid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhzpxjuwZy0

Hilarious.

Anglo-Celtic
04-12-2021, 03:01 AM
Joe Biden is just another Yankee liberal corporate whore politician

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He's worse than that. He works for communists who are destroying the USA.

Anglo-Celtic
04-12-2021, 03:03 AM
What is there to like about Joe Biden? He literally epitomizes everything wrong with American politicians. The dude would sell his own mother for votes and power.

I know what you mean. He's selling out his own country right now.

Dirdepo
04-12-2021, 03:10 AM
He's worse than that. He works for communists who are destroying the USA.

False, he support Ukraine vs Russia Orthodox Communists

Also, Turkey support Ukraine there was a conference on Saturday with Erdogan and Zelensky

Anglo-Celtic
04-12-2021, 03:14 AM
False, he support Ukraine vs Russia Orthodox Communists

Also, Turkey support Ukraine there was a conference on Saturday with Erdogan and Zelensky

No, "true". Many Dems liked Russians better when they were *real* commies.

Dirdepo
04-12-2021, 03:16 AM
No, "true". Many Dems liked Russians better when they were *real* commies.

They still are, all Orthodox are commies

Anglo-Celtic
04-12-2021, 03:53 AM
They still are, all Orthodox are commies

I see. Those Episcopalians are suspicious too.