PDA

View Full Version : Why is mtDNA H and it's subclades so common and widespread

Illyrius
01-27-2021, 02:13 PM
By far it outnumbers other mtDNA lineages in europ especially the western part of the continent.
What explains it?

Linebacker
01-27-2021, 02:22 PM
Its still very debatable which haplogroup is actually most dominant both Ydna and Mtdna.

The percentages of haplogroups for most countries are calculated from very little people actually tested. For example the entire Ydna and Mtdna statistic of Bulgaria is derived from 1000 people. 1000 people of 8 million. The ratio for the other countries is usually similar.

So nobody knows what the Ydna and Mtdna map of Europe would actually look like if every person was tested.

CordedWhelp
01-27-2021, 02:37 PM
"H" was probably considerable in number prior to the Middle Ages, but I have heard it asserted that H's possible resistance to Sepsis helped H-bearers thrive during the times of the Black Death. I know some folks will automatically poo-poo the notion that haplogroups can be coorelated with some epigentics, but I think some of that could be the case. It is true that by about that time we see even more decrease in somewhat less common mtdna's.

Illyrius
01-27-2021, 03:44 PM
Its still very debatable which haplogroup is actually most dominant both Ydna and Mtdna.

The percentages of haplogroups for most countries are calculated from very little people actually tested. For example the entire Ydna and Mtdna statistic of Bulgaria is derived from 1000 people. 1000 people of 8 million. The ratio for the other countries is usually similar.

So nobody knows what the Ydna and Mtdna map of Europe would actually look like if every person was tested.

I think it should be mandatory for every person of a given nation to be tested.

Linebacker
01-27-2021, 09:03 PM
I think it should be mandatory for every person of a given nation to be tested.

Never will happen. People are paranoid to take a vaccine that will literally save their life because they think it has nanochips from Bill Gates in it.

Imagine walking up to one of those people telling them to spit in a vial for genetic research. They will probably think you are Satan wanting to take their soul.

RatCat
01-27-2021, 09:29 PM
Because mtdna H bitches were the most fertile and the most attractive ones therefore they spread their genes the most.

Illyrius
01-27-2021, 10:47 PM
Because mtdna H bitches were the most fertile and the most attractive ones therefore they spread their genes the most.

This also makes sense.
I heard in another thread that mtDNA U are quite ugly

Luso
01-28-2021, 12:55 AM

True. They were the baddest bitches

Illyrius
01-28-2021, 01:18 AM
True. They were the baddest bitches

What about U and J?

Art23
02-07-2021, 07:47 PM
What explains it?

Some said that H expanded most during the Ice Age, because H is doing well in cold climate.

Otherwise, H expanded with Neolithic farmers. Europeans are mostly descendants of farmers?