PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

Helios Panoptes
10-08-2011, 11:38 AM
I'm a 25 year old male living in the United States. I enjoy philosophy, logic, martial arts, obscure films, literature, psychology, etc. I don't know how to categorize myself politically, except to say that I am a eugenicist. I believe in improving humanity through better breeding (and genetic engineering when it becomes practical). Most posters here won't recognize me, but I see a handful of familiar faces around. Well, that's all, I guess. :)

Loki
10-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Welcome :)

Your sig image is a bit big though, can you pls resize?

morski
10-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Hi and welcome!

Peyrol
10-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Ciao e benvenuto sul forum.

From what part of Italy you ancestors come from?

Helios Panoptes
10-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Ciao e benvenuto sul forum.

From what part of Italy you ancestors come from?

My father is from the mountains of Sardinia and my mom is from Milan, but she moved to Michigan when she was 5 so she is Americanized. My father didn't come to the USA until he was 18.

I didn't mean to click thanks, BTW. I don't want the other welcomers to feel left out. ;)

Peyrol
10-08-2011, 12:42 PM
My father is from the mountains of Sardinia and my mom is from Milan, but she moved to Michigan when she was 5 so she is Americanized. My father didn't come to the USA until he was 18.

I didn't mean to click thanks, BTW. I don't want the other welcomers to feel left out. ;)

Are you able to speak italian?

hajduk
10-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Welcome

Tolleson
10-08-2011, 01:39 PM
Welcome to the forum. :)

Helios Panoptes
10-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Are you able to speak italian?

I can understand it fairly well and speak it somewhat, but I'm extremely poor at reading and writing it. I am best with my father's dialect. My mother grew up speaking English, so that is what was spoken in the house when I was young. She does speak Italian, though. Despite the fact that he came here when he was 18, my father speaks English beautifully and has a large vocabulary. He speaks English far better than the typical American. I believe that I could learn how to speak well and even become literate faster than someone with no familiarity whatsoever. If I lived in Italy for 6 months, I would make great progress. Actually, I've considered doing that. I have relatives I could live with. It would be a lot of fun.

Peyrol
10-08-2011, 01:46 PM
I can understand it fairly well and speak it somewhat, but I'm extremely poor at reading and writing it. I am best with my father's dialect. My mother grew up speaking English, so that is what was spoken in the house when I was young. She does speak Italian, though. Despite the fact that he came here when he was 18, my father speaks English beautifully and has a large vocabulary. He speaks English far better than the typical American. I believe that I could learn how to speak well and even become literate faster than someone with no familiarity whatsoever. If I lived in Italy for 6 months, I would make great progress. Actually, I've considered doing that. I have relatives I could live with. It would be a lot of fun.

If you have relatives in Sardegna, take this opportunity and spend some weeks in one of the best island of Mediterranean sea.

alzo zero
10-08-2011, 01:50 PM
I am best with my father's dialect.
Is your father cool with calling Sardinian an Italian dialect? ;) Welcome.

Helios Panoptes
10-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Is your father cool with calling Sardinian an Italian dialect? ;) Welcome.

It is funny that you say that because one of my uncles is offended by being called an Italian. He is not Italian, he is Sardinian. :icon_lol:

Peyrol
10-08-2011, 04:33 PM
It is funny that you say that because one of my uncles is offended by being called an Italian. He is not Italian, he is Sardinian. :icon_lol:

Sardinians are a different ethnicity from continental italians, with a ancient culture and language :thumb001:

Mordid
10-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Welcome.

Jake Featherston
10-09-2011, 03:20 AM
If I lived in Italy for 6 months, I would make great progress. Actually, I've considered doing that. I have relatives I could live with. It would be a lot of fun.

I have a difficult time processing the fact you have this opportunity, and have not yet availed yourself of it.

Anyhoo, welcome to the forum!

(I know Helios from another online forum, The Phora, and I can vouch for his worthiness...to the extent being vouched for by a guy who first registered here three days ago actually means anything, that is.) :rolleyes: