PDA

View Full Version : Which woman would be more typical in USA?

reboun
02-19-2021, 01:01 PM
https://hips.hearstapps.com/ell.h-cdn.co/assets/16/31/1470521940-elle-diane-kruger.jpg

https://list.lisimg.com/image/8621585/575full.jpg

Tauromachos
02-19-2021, 01:06 PM
First one looks more mainstream White American

Second one could be alot of things but wouldn't be to atypical for a person you might encounter somewhere
in America neither

MobyD
02-19-2021, 01:07 PM
You're asking who would look more typical in a multicultural, multi-ethnic nation of 330 million+ people...

Radimir
02-19-2021, 01:09 PM
1. Fox News

2. CNN

Geschichte
02-19-2021, 01:10 PM
1. midwest
2. NJ

Oliver109
02-19-2021, 01:46 PM
First, the second has the more smoothed regular features i associate with women in central and southeastern Europe.

Immanenz
02-19-2021, 01:54 PM
First, the second has the more smoothed regular features i associate with women in central and southeastern Europe.

but the first one is Centraleuropean (German) and the 2nd one looks just regular Southeuropean to me.... As MobyD said, USA is multiethncial- and they have actually more range of phenotypes than Germans, French etc. (so more diverese than the most diverse European countries). Imo Diana Krüger doeslook far from stereotypical American, she lacks the Anglo shift- but again there is a difference between stereotypical and actuall average look, which in US might range strongly depending where you live.

Oliver109
02-19-2021, 02:13 PM
but the first one is Centraleuropean (German) and the 2nd one looks just regular Southeuropean to me.... As MobyD said, USA is multiethncial- and they have actually more range of phenotypes than Germans, French etc. (so more diverese than the most diverse European countries). Imo Diana Krüger doeslook far from stereotypical American, she lacks the Anglo shift- but again there is a difference between stereotypical and actuall average look, which in US might range strongly depending where you live.

The second looks more northern shifted south Euro, don't know how typical women like that are in Austria but i would say she is more the norm in Alpine France, north Italy and down towards the Balkans. Have not been to America but see a lot of Americans in London anyway, Germanic looks are obviously more common as well as more Hispanic looks as well, light Meds though are not that typical really, she is more of a light med.

Linebacker
02-19-2021, 02:31 PM
We would need a scale, to see which one weights more.

Celestia
02-19-2021, 02:44 PM
First Lady looks Midwestern
2nd one looks Cajun.

I’d say the 1st one has more of a common look throughout the US

MobyD
02-19-2021, 03:17 PM
1. midwest
2. NJ

The second one, Adelaide Kane (Australian actress), is mostly Scottish with some Irish and French roots. I think her features are different than the typical Scot, but still within the range of phenotypes across the UK. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adelaide_Kane

calxpal
02-19-2021, 07:58 PM
1 I think

CommonSense
02-19-2021, 09:24 PM
First by far. Most white Americans are NW Euros and even those who are mixed with something else often exibit northern phenotypes and very light pigmentation.

Immanenz
02-19-2021, 10:11 PM
First by far. Most white Americans are NW Euros and even those who are mixed with something else often exibit northern phenotypes and very light pigmentation.

thats a myth- the American hockey team was on par with Swiss and Canada in pigmentation in the last comparison thread, and darker than the German one, which was also lacking true blondes. They had historically a lot of immigration from everywhere from Europe and also Mena-world, but of course they have a lot of Nw and Northern looking since British and German are the main contributors to "white" Americans

CommonSense
02-19-2021, 10:43 PM
thats a myth- the American hockey team was on par with Swiss and Canada in pigmentation in the last comparison thread, and darker than the German one, which was also lacking true blondes. They had historically a lot of immigration from everywhere from Europe and also Mena-world, but of course they have a lot of Nw and Northern looking since British and German are the main contributors to "white" Americans

One hockey team sounds pretty anecdotal. Almost every white American vloger I've seen in my city or Serbia in general was blue-eyed and generally with a northern appearance. The ones with dark eyes and very dark hair are mostly either just those of other races or individuals who can be classified as "mixed race". Even Ayetooey told me the Americans he sees in media (including social media) are blonder than Brits.

Immanenz
02-19-2021, 10:51 PM
One hockey team sounds pretty anecdotal. Almost every white American vloger I've seen in my city or Serbia in general was blue-eyed and generally with a northern appearance. The rest are either just other races or mixed people. Even Ayetooey told me the Americans he sees in media (including social media) are blonder than Brits.

Well i just took this as an example not as absolut truth on US pigmentation. Blonder than Brits is possible but not lighter as a whole taking other factors into account.

InfamousAngel99
02-19-2021, 11:14 PM
Both are fairly common looks. For the area I live in, the 2nd one is more common than the other one.

Latinus
02-19-2021, 11:20 PM
I think it's number 1.

Tooting Carmen
02-19-2021, 11:26 PM
No 1

Creoda
02-19-2021, 11:58 PM
Well i just took this as an example not as absolut truth on US pigmentation. Blonder than Brits is possible but not lighter as a whole taking other factors into account.
White Americans are indeed not that light on average, because of the large amount of Southern/Central Euro blood there, as well as other things that are counted as White. TKH's survey showed them to be darker haired and eyed than British. NW Euro Americans specifically are probably blonder though because of Scandinavian/Northern Germanic influence.

Davystayn
02-20-2021, 12:27 AM
The second one, Adelaide Kane (Australian actress), is mostly Scottish with some Irish and French roots. I think her features are different than the typical Scot, but still within the range of phenotypes across the UK. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adelaide_Kane

Not really 'within range' she is part French, so not within range, the French ancestry could be from anywhere in France, including the south. Lady looks off, even in west Wales

Projecting new world mixed ethnicities as examples of a European ethnicity isn't correct.

Anyway first example is more typical, you do see to get those uber north euro types in white America, Irish plus German plus Norwegian for example

Creoda
02-20-2021, 12:36 AM
Not really 'within range' she is part French, so not within range, the French ancestry could be from anywhere in France, including the south. Lady looks off, even in west Wales

Projecting new world mixed ethnicities as examples of a European ethnicity isn't correct.

Anyway first example is more typical, you do see to get those uber north euro types in white America, Irish plus German plus Norwegian for example
Kane looks like a typical Italian/Greek girl here. Very atypical for Anglo-Celtic Australians.

MobyD
02-20-2021, 12:54 AM
Kane looks like a typical Italian/Greek girl here. Very atypical for Anglo-Celtic Australians.

Atypical as far as features or pigmentation?

Gaditanian
02-20-2021, 12:59 AM
2º In the next coming years when latinos take back the territories that the Anglos stole to them

Creoda
02-20-2021, 01:16 AM
Atypical as far as features or pigmentation?
Atypical for pigmentation, for features + pigmentation verging on unpassable, at least without being assumed as something else.

aherne
02-20-2021, 07:02 AM
Neither is typical because they don't look anglo. First would be a German American and second Italian or Greek American

MobyD
02-20-2021, 08:03 AM
[QUOTE=aherne;7119006]Neither is typical because they don't look anglo. First would be a German American and second Italian or Greek American[/QUOTE

You’re way off base here...

Jana
02-20-2021, 08:07 AM
1 is far more common than second, but not that typical either.

JamesBond007
02-20-2021, 08:10 AM
You're asking who would look more typical in a multicultural, multi-ethnic nation of 330 million+ people...

There is no such thing as an American its just an abstract concept at best and at worst America is not a country it is just a business :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V6GHnxEJjg

Grace O'Malley
02-20-2021, 08:23 AM
Both would not be typical. They are both too extreme. Typical of white Americans would be Amber Heard or someone like Gillian Anderson. Of course this is changing but I'm meaning someone of mixed Nortwest European i.e. British, German and Irish ethnicity.

Grace O'Malley
02-20-2021, 08:36 AM

Adelaide Kane doesn't look like the typical Aussie but neither does Rose Byrne despite being Irish and Scots ancestry. Adelaide Kane is unusual in representing her ancestry. Kane is an Irish surname but represents more the variance but not the norm. :)

Mortimer
02-20-2021, 08:36 AM
First looks more typical of the all American pin up girl of the 1920s but second is not atypical anymore America is multicultural and multi ethnic

Grace O'Malley
02-20-2021, 08:49 AM
First looks more typical of the all American pin up girl of the 1920s but second is not atypical anymore America is multicultural and multi ethnic

Both don't look typical.

Tauromachos
02-20-2021, 09:21 AM
First Lady looks Midwestern
2nd one looks Cajun.

I’d say the 1st one has more of a common look throughout the US

What are Cajun actually?

I have heard they descend from French?

Is that correct?

reboun
02-20-2021, 09:29 AM
What are Cajun actually?

Is that correct?

“Cajun, descendant of Roman Catholic French Canadians whom the British, in the 18th century, drove from the captured French colony of Acadia (now Nova Scotia and adjacent areas) and who settled in the fertile bayou lands of southern Louisiana. The Cajuns today form small, compact, generally self-contained communities.”

MobyD
02-20-2021, 01:02 PM

The second girl is also white, smart guy.

MobyD
02-20-2021, 01:04 PM
Adelaide Kane doesn't look like the typical Aussie but neither does Rose Byrne despite being Irish and Scots ancestry. Adelaide Kane is unusual in representing her ancestry. Kane is an Irish surname but represents more the variance but not the norm. :)

So how do you explain their phenotypes?

MobyD
02-20-2021, 01:08 PM

None of her ancestry is from central or southeastern Europe. I wonder if her parents are lying to her about her ancestry...

Decius
02-20-2021, 01:11 PM
Number 1

Oliver109
02-20-2021, 01:13 PM
None of her ancestry is from central or southeastern Europe. I wonder if her parents are lying to her about her ancestry...

I don't know but she just looks like a white Med to me, she is not that atypical even for Britain or rather England and i see many like that in the UK, most of the Portuguese and Spanish are darker.

Immanenz
02-20-2021, 01:20 PM

France had historically immigration from Southeurope especially Spain and Italy

MobyD
02-20-2021, 02:10 PM
France had historically immigration from Southeurope especially Spain and Italy

Yes, but as I already mentioned...most of her ancestry comes from Scotland. I would like to hear from some Scottish users because I am quite intrigued by her face.

Grace O'Malley
02-20-2021, 02:31 PM

I've already said it is variance. They are not the norm just like there are people like Kenneth Branagh and Ronan Keating or Seamus the Wrestler. Not the average.

ferlk
02-20-2021, 07:24 PM
First one

Mortimer
02-21-2021, 02:50 AM
The second girl is also white, smart guy.

Before calling me smart guy, learn to understand what I wrote. I didnt said she is not white, I saw people saying she is scottish or something, I said she is more atypical for a all american pin up girl of the 1920s or the all american image, but now she is not atypical anymore because whites and non-whites are diversified, and it is multicultural, also whites are more multicultural now.

Alexandro
02-21-2021, 02:54 AM
The first woman looks very much like a stereotypical WASP, while second perhaps would be taken for Portuguese or Italian - American (at least where I lived in Boston).

US is a diverse place so there is no such thing as a typical American, it depends where you are.

Celestia
02-21-2021, 03:59 AM
What are Cajun actually?

Is that correct?

Yes. Modern day Cajuns are typically a mix of mostly French and smaller amounts of English, Spanish and Native admix

Daco Celtic
02-21-2021, 04:57 AM
Neither looks the most common although the first looks a bit less exotic. A more Atlantid or Keltic Nordid look would be more typical.

reboun
02-22-2021, 07:48 AM
The first woman looks very much like a stereotypical WASP, while second perhaps would be taken for Portuguese or Italian - American (at least where I lived in Boston).

US is a diverse place so there is no such thing as a typical American, it depends where you are.

I mean, which one would pass in more regions in the USA?

hangh
04-07-2023, 01:57 AM
https://hips.hearstapps.com/ell.h-cdn.co/assets/16/31/1470521940-elle-diane-kruger.jpg

https://list.lisimg.com/image/8621585/575full.jpg

I feel like the woman on top looks very German or Austrian. She wouldn't necessarily be out of place at all in the Midwest, but I feel like you see somewhat more of the second woman's face in most populated areas in the US, among both white Americans (Italian, Jewish) and Hispanic/Latino Americans.