PDA

View Full Version : My yDna matches over Europe

Lemminkäinen
03-04-2021, 07:26 AM
We have had almost endless debate in Finland about Karelians. Now I see that this is a small topic also in Russia due to the Finnish admixtures in Russians. Alright, I put my two cents in this debate. Here are two pictures presenting my yDna matches. Well, because I belong to the haplogroup I1 this gives a distortionless information without speculations how haplogroups N1c1 and R1a might have travelled.

In UK my matches belong to ancestral lines.

In Sweden most matches belong to ancestral lines and some are close relatives.

In Karelia matches belong to 1000-2000 years old cousin lines.

Notice that only one Karelian match is from Russian citizens, almost all others are from WWII refugees, some may be from earlier migrations from Karelia. This is worth for noticing because genetic testing in Russia is still rare.

So we have a problem. These maps don't show how deeply inside Russia and Estonia the western Finnish influence extends. I am quite sure that a big amount of my Iron Age cousins walk in streets of St. Peterburg and probably everywhere in Nortwest Russia and Estonia.

A minor observation. Although I have a lot ancient Karelian matches in Russian Karelia I have rarely East Finnish matches. This probably means that people who settled East Finland are rather "South Saamis" or Lapps than Karelians. This makes sense, because the dominating yDna haplogroup there is a distinct Savolaxian haplogroup.

There has been in Finland a debate about the origin of settlements of the Torne river valley. My maps prove that the Finnish I1 is a part of it, but we can't exclude other migrations and origins, like Karelians.

https://i.ibb.co/S6Kr6sY/Screenshot-20210304-092843.png

https://i.ibb.co/0KF5mNc/Screenshot-20210304-092648.png

Jatuli
03-04-2021, 08:04 AM
Are you L258?

Lemminkäinen
03-04-2021, 08:34 AM
Are you L258?

Yes. Actually I belong to a rare L258 subclade. With the main subclades the picture would be more massive, but FtDna shows only your clade.

Lemminkäinen
03-04-2021, 08:46 AM
Because I belong to a small clade with an age estimate 1200 years, all orange balloons are over 1200 years old compared to me.

Voskos
11-07-2021, 09:25 PM
No matches in Denmark? That's interesting.