PDA

View Full Version : American taste for soft toilet roll 'worse than driving Hummers'

Sol Invictus
04-02-2009, 05:02 AM
This is some crap. No pun intended, but I guess they don't want us to wipe our asses anymore. Mind you, these 'green-gurus' are the same one's calling for a one-child policy like China, saying that it's bad to have children, calling for a carbon taxation system, and having you taxed by how many miles you drive your car.

These are the same people who are shouting that Global Warming is all our faults and the only way to save the earth is to hand more money to them, denying the fact the Earth has been warming up and cooling off over a span of hundreds of years ever since the Ice Age.

SCAM.

Suzanne Goldenberg
26 February 2009
The Guardian

American taste for soft toilet roll 'worse than driving Hummers'Extra-soft, quilted and multi-ply toilet roll made from virgin wood causes more damage than gas-guzzlers, fast food or McMansions, say campaigners

The tenderness of the delicate American buttock is causing more environmental devastation than the country's love of gas-guzzling cars, fast food or McMansions, according to green campaigners. At fault, they say, is the US public's insistence on extra-soft, quilted and multi-ply products when they use the bathroom.

"This is a product that we use for less than three seconds and the ecological consequences of manufacturing it from trees is enormous," said Allen Hershkowitz, a senior scientist at the Natural Resources Defence Council.

"Future generations are going to look at the way we make toilet paper as one of the greatest excesses of our age. Making toilet paper from virgin wood is a lot worse than driving Hummers in terms of global warming pollution." Making toilet paper has a significant impact because of chemicals used in pulp manufacture and cutting down forests.

Full Article (http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/feb/26/toilet-roll-america)

Eldritch
04-02-2009, 07:13 AM
When it comes to parody, those clueless asswipes at the Guardian are better than the Onion.

Do you have those crappy free newspapers like the Metro in your area? Just get a pile of those, soak them in water, let them dry, and use that. I've done this as a student.

Rainraven
04-02-2009, 08:40 AM
We just buy the crappy budget stuff but I love going home and using the nice 3 ply soft stuff :p though I'd never drive a hummer!! :D

Gooding
04-02-2009, 02:11 PM
This American isn't going to start wiping his ass with sandpaper just to make those dildoes happy..:p:coffee:

Ĉmeric
04-02-2009, 02:45 PM
If those radical enviromentalists really believed what they preach at other people they would commit suicide. Those people are just fascists who use the enviroment as an excuse to attempt to control other people.