PDA

View Full Version : Classify atypical looking South Romanian

Voidspawn
03-10-2021, 04:31 PM
Very unusual "Nordic" south Romanian, not far from the border with Bulgaria.

Pic is from this video. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0EFtdRFBkw&t=210s)

Oliver109
03-10-2021, 04:34 PM
Unusual indeed, looks like he is going to work in one of the few remaining mines in West Virginia lol, Borreby and slight Baltid i think.

Voidspawn
03-10-2021, 04:35 PM
Bear in mind his face is most likely slightly distorted from years of alcohol abuse.

decordoba
03-10-2021, 04:52 PM
North Caucasian

Norb
03-10-2021, 05:27 PM
CM, am I correct aherne? :rolleyes:

CommonSense
03-10-2021, 06:16 PM
He looks like a reduced CM type

Voidspawn
03-10-2021, 09:59 PM
He looks like a reduced CM type

I find that the closest CM type to him is Dalofaelid, but that's hella awkward since that type is Germanic. Balkan Borrebies don't have such fair hair.

He doesn't have a Slavic look, right?

CommonSense
03-10-2021, 10:12 PM
I find that the closest CM type to him is Dalofaelid, but that's hella awkward since that type is Germanic. Balkan Borrebies don't have such fair hair.

He doesn't have a Slavic look, right?

Yeah he doesn't. He can pass as German, British or generic white American.

Davystayn
03-10-2021, 10:41 PM
He looks Brunn, I guess Baltid as they can look similar sometimes

Immanenz
03-10-2021, 10:45 PM
Looks like a drunk Russian

Steppe Timelord
03-11-2021, 10:18 AM
He's not atypical at all, this phenotype is among the native types of romania and the balkans. But found in mountainous areas, where the (turanid) invaders never reached.

He doesn't look russian to me, there are lighter types in balkans with different vibes, the slavic vibe because of the baltid/East Nordid component and the aboriginal vibe because of the ancestral borreby phenotype which can give off viking/scandinavian vibes sometimes. I call this type balkan abo. Some borrebies from the balkan can look scandinavian, but this doesn't mean they're foreign, in fact, they're the first there before baltid type even developed.

Though I don't classify him as brunn, I see him more as a borreby. Got that distinct look. But there are brunns in the balkans/carpathians also, albeit uncommon..
I think his type is common for SW Romania and Bosnia, one might find this phenotype around those areas. Dobrogea too perhaps, idk if it's because of the communist displacement of the population, but blondism associated with borreby facial traits can also be found there.

Voidspawn
03-11-2021, 07:52 PM
He's not atypical at all, this phenotype is among the native types of romania and the balkans. But found in mountainous areas, where the (turanid) invaders never reached.

He doesn't look russian to me, there are lighter types in balkans with different vibes, the slavic vibe because of the baltid/East Nordid component and the aboriginal vibe because of the ancestral borreby phenotype which can give off viking/scandinavian vibes sometimes. I call this type balkan abo. Some borrebies from the balkan can look scandinavian, but this doesn't mean they're foreign, in fact, they're the first there before baltid type even developed.

Though I don't classify him as brunn, I see him more as a borreby. Got that distinct look. But there are brunns in the balkans/carpathians also, albeit uncommon..
I think his type is common for SW Romania and Bosnia, one might find this phenotype around those areas. Dobrogea too perhaps, idk if it's because of the communist displacement of the population, but blondism associated with borreby facial traits can also be found there.

He is extremely atypical. He isn't just a normal Borreby if that's his type, but he has a perfect degree of blondism with pure nordic traits. Blonde eyebrows, pure blue eyes. That's very rare for Southern Romania.

As for the pigmentation of Romanians, mountain Romanians are often darker because Vlachs who came from the Balkans preferred the mountains. Slavs were people of the plains, and blondism among Romanians usually comes from East Slavic peoples.

Talking about this, there is a specific demographic living in destitute poverty which can be found in north-eastern romanian villages, and they are very north shifted. Isolated villages retained a higher degree of blondism because slavs lived there with little contact with vlachs other than language. However it's not the case for this man from the south. To my eye he doesn't look like a typical baltid east slav, as it is the case for many "northern" shifted Romanians. Although it's a bit hard to classify him since he has that alcoholic nose.