PDA

View Full Version : Classify Slavic looking Irish lady

Oliver109
03-15-2021, 07:54 PM
was watching this program on Dublin, thought the young lady at 12 mins in looks very much like the Baltid/uralid types, what do our North eastern experts think? i say she is probably some archaic sort of Brunn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z0NM4f7I68

Immanenz
03-15-2021, 08:17 PM
the host looks like an arhaic Proto Kelt Farmer Frenchoid himself- dinarized Atlantid

@girl, some specialized North European look to say (might be the result of no Farmer genes indeed, who knows),not specificially Slavic looking, one guy posted on anthroscape a much more Slavic looking Irish musician

Oliver109
03-15-2021, 08:23 PM
the host looks like an arhaic Proto Kelt Farmer Frenchoid himself- dinarized Atlantid

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?321755-Classify-RO-musician-Mitic%26%23259%3B-Deliba%26%23537%3B

@girl, some specialized North European look to say (might be the result of no Farmer genes indeed, who knows),not specificially Slavic looking, one guy posted on anthroscape a much more Slavic looking Irish musician

There was a thread on the host, he has an interesting look, funnily enough in the program he was talking about Jews in Ireland and i thought he was Jewish himself but looked him up and he is just Scottish. The girl looks a lot like the daughter of my father's Scottish friend who is married to a Polish lady.

Immanenz
03-15-2021, 08:40 PM
There was a thread on the host, he has an interesting look, funnily enough in the program he was talking about Jews in Ireland and i thought he was Jewish himself but looked him up and he is just Scottish. The girl looks a lot like the daughter of my father's Scottish friend who is married to a Polish lady.

i dont think he looks Jewish- similar to Alex Turner, more on the Dinaric and Med side for a Brit. Also just like old Swiss legend Ferdy Kübler looks like a dark Marco Reus with an extreme beak.

CordedWhelp
03-15-2021, 08:46 PM
Steppe-Beaker stronk

Jana
03-15-2021, 09:32 PM
She can pass for Russian/Ukrainian very well indeed :)

Oliver109
03-16-2021, 12:37 AM
bump

Davystayn
03-16-2021, 12:54 AM
was watching this program on Dublin, thought the young lady at 12 mins in looks very much like the Baltid/uralid types, what do our North eastern experts think? i say she is probably some archaic sort of Brunn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z0NM4f7I68

Yes some brunns can have baltid look but she still looks totally Irish

NSXD60
03-16-2021, 01:05 AM
Slavic, my ass, this is nothing but adult infantilism, seen in all races, unlike Helen Mirren, a typical Slav. Cowboy actor Roy Rogers had such a face which never ever would have been mistaken as Slavic, and ditto the lady.

Oliver109
03-16-2021, 01:53 AM
Slavic, my ass, this is nothing but adult infantilism, seen in all races, unlike Helen Mirren, a typical Slav. Cowboy actor Roy Rogers had such a face which never ever would have been mistaken as Slavic, and ditto the lady.

Am pretty sure she can pass in Poland, probably in Ukraine as well, Brunn and Baltid has a fairly recent common ancestor if i am not mistaken.

NSXD60
03-16-2021, 02:27 AM
Because of the mutual PIE genetics, of course adult Slavic and Irish adult infantiloids will be seen as Eastern Euro, until closer inspection reveals the rounder, less chiseled features of the Mongol admixed Slav and even Balt, not to be typed with the sharper Irish faces lacking signs of historic far east barbarian subjugation.

Oliver109
03-16-2021, 02:37 AM
Because of the mutual PIE genetics, of course adult Slavic and Irish adult infantiloids will be seen as Eastern Euro, until closer inspection reveals the rounder, less chiseled features of the Mongol admixed Slav and even Balt, not to be typed with the sharper Irish faces lacking signs of historic far east barbarian subjugation.

Makes sense, more robust = western adaption, same origin mind.

IrisSelene
03-16-2021, 03:07 AM

adult infantilism LOL

NSXD60
03-16-2021, 03:56 AM
adult infantilism LOL

Irish Selene (well, sort of), so apparently you've never seen an adult who's largely kept childish features after puberty and into adulthood?

IrisSelene
03-16-2021, 04:29 AM
Irish Selene (well, sort of), so apparently you've never seen an adult who's largely kept childish features after puberty and into adulthood?

I've been told I was just an infantilized adult whenever someone suggested I have some asiatic features so that's why I laughed. I find it a bit ridiculous of a reason. They told me I my features didn't develop fully so that's why I'm stuck looking like this lol.

It sounded like you meant something similar to that about this girl.

NSXD60
03-16-2021, 04:43 AM
What? You don't know you're cute?

aherne
03-16-2021, 04:59 AM
Similar to unmixed "VUR" types also. Pure European gracilized CM derivative: as indigenous as it gets... Scandinavians have a similar derivative only less gracilized and extremely blonde

Oliver109
03-16-2021, 06:11 PM
up

Jaromir
03-16-2021, 06:33 PM
she has dolichocephalic head, 0% Slavic

travv
03-19-2021, 10:38 PM
I noticed it the British Islanders and also North Africans(Berbers) may have such similar specimens to VURians. Make sense since North Africa and the BI due to isolation preserved certain amount of pure pre-Neolithic types.

Oliver109
03-19-2021, 10:49 PM
I noticed it the British Islanders and also North Africans(Berbers) may have such similar specimens to VURians. Make sense since North Africa and the BI due to isolation preserved certain amount of pure pre-Neolithic types.
True, some Irish have noticeable Cro Magnid/Mesolithic features, i think it is generally common across most of N Europe though.

Ygsi
03-19-2021, 11:15 PM
She looks like a broad faced Chloe from the "Life is Strange" games. Nothing Slavic about her.

Uranous
03-19-2021, 11:45 PM
Mesolithic invaders aka red nordid with maybe residual mongolisation .

Grace O'Malley
03-20-2021, 04:14 AM

People should look into the genetics. Ireland has one of the highest population turnovers in the Bronze Age so very little survival of any pre-Neolithic population. They were not particularly isolated either despite being an island. Mountain ranges were more prohibitive to population movement in the past which is backed up by genetic studies. In short most of the Irish descend from people from the Bronze Age.

Why do people come up with these daft theories? :rolleyes:

Oliver109
03-20-2021, 01:37 PM
People should look into the genetics. Ireland has one of the highest population turnovers in the Bronze Age so very little survival of any pre-Neolithic population. They were not particularly isolated either despite being an island. Mountain ranges were more prohibitive to population movement in the past which is backed up by genetic studies. In short most of the Irish descend from people from the Bronze Age.

Why do people come up with these daft theories? :rolleyes:

How would you explain the greater number of Brunns or people with very pale skin?(the girl in the topic being a good example) Carleton Coon said that the Irish had around 40% of their genetic background coming from the Palaeolithic survivors, it makes sense though there were of course major changes in the bronze age.

Creoda
03-20-2021, 02:24 PM
How would you explain the greater number of Brunns or people with very pale skin?(the girl in the topic being a good example)
Bell Beakers brought Brunn/Brunn-like phenotypes and light features, and environmental/sexual selection is responsible for the extreme paleness. If modern Irish were largely descended from Neolithic Irish they would look like wogs with darker skin and brown eyes.

Carleton Coon said that the Irish had around 40% of their genetic background coming from the Palaeolithic survivors, it makes sense though there were of course major changes in the bronze age.
What does it matter that he said that, when we know from ancient DNA that it's completely wrong, and have done for years?

CordedWhelp
03-20-2021, 02:45 PM
How would you explain the greater number of Brunns or people with very pale skin?(the girl in the topic being a good example) Carleton Coon said that the Irish had around 40% of their genetic background coming from the Palaeolithic survivors, it makes sense though there were of course major changes in the bronze age.

Coon isn’t the be-all-end-all. It’s fair to say a lot of what he said was creative inference.

Oliver109
03-20-2021, 06:05 PM
Bell Beakers brought Brunn/Brunn-like phenotypes and light features, and environmental/sexual selection is responsible for the extreme paleness. If modern Irish were largely descended from Neolithic Irish they would look like wogs with darker skin and brown eyes.

What does it matter that he said that, when we know from ancient DNA that it's completely wrong, and have done for years?
If Beakers brought Brunn phenotypes to Ireland the question still has to be asked as to where they came from, upper Paleolithic survivors generally have paler skin whether they come from Ireland, France(Alpines are often quite pale) or Scandinavia and north east Europe, the Uralic tribes are often surprisingly pale looking so the trait must be an ancient one that predates the Neolithic invasions. As for the Neolithic invaders to Ireland there is no evidence as to their skin colour, one could guess they would have looked similar to eastern Mediterraneans though how many came is hard to figure out, the lighter skin genes must have won out at the end of they day anyway.

Creoda
03-20-2021, 06:37 PM
If Beakers brought Brunn phenotypes to Ireland the question still has to be asked as to where they came from, upper Paleolithic survivors generally have paler skin whether they come from Ireland, France(Alpines are often quite pale) or Scandinavia and north east Europe, the Uralic tribes are often surprisingly pale looking so the trait must be an ancient one that predates the Neolithic invasions. They came from the Bronze Age/Beakers, and before that from Corded Ware, before that from the Steppe/PIE, and before that from EHG. Bell Beakers and modern Irish also have WHG blood which contributes to robustness and light eyes.

As for the Neolithic invaders to Ireland there is no evidence as to their skin colour, one could guess they would have looked similar to eastern Mediterraneans though how many came is hard to figure out, the lighter skin genes must have won out at the end of they day anyway.
The data I've seen (and logic) shows the Neolithic populations of Western Europe were ultra woggy, they were genetically similar to Sardinians and would have looked very West Med, some would have blue eyes because of WHG influence, but also probably darker skin because of it.

Oliver109
03-20-2021, 06:54 PM
They came from the Bronze Age/Beakers, and before that from Corded Ware, before that from the Steppe/PIE, and before that from EHG. Bell Beakers and modern Irish also have WHG blood which contributes to robustness and light eyes.

The data I've seen (and logic) shows the Neolithic populations of Western Europe were ultra woggy, they were genetically similar to Sardinians and would have looked very West Med, some would have blue eyes because of WHG influence, but also probably darker skin because of it.

That still leaves the issue of upper Palaeolithic skulls found in western Europe often being similar to modern day Irish and Scandinavian skulls or the fact that Beakers settled over pretty much the whole of Europe yet their phenotype is only really according to you found in Britain mainly.

Creoda
03-20-2021, 07:15 PM
That still leaves the issue of upper Palaeolithic skulls found in western Europe often being similar to modern day Irish and Scandinavian skulls or the fact that Beakers settled over pretty much the whole of Europe yet their phenotype is only really according to you found in Britain mainly.
Ireland especially and Scotland are the strongholds of Beaker ancestry in Europe. The rest of NW Europe was more heavily affected by Germanics, Celts and Romans, and the rest of Europe was never that Beaker in the first place. I didn't say their phenotype was only found in Britain, I don't know for sure their phenotypes and don't believe they were necessarily Brunns; they were proto-Brunns, proto-Borrebies, proto-Paleo Atlantids etc, there's also a lot of KN in their stronghold for them to be universally robust. Then you have Brittany which is heavily Beaker as well but strongly Alpine. Point is, you can't read too much into modern phenotypes, that can evolve very quickly.

Immanenz
03-20-2021, 08:27 PM

IndoEuropeans were also part Cromagnid- also robust like Upper Paleolithic, similar skulls etc.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dnieper%E2%80%93Donets_culture
Skandinavians and Irish have less Neolitihic/ Farmer which should therefor already explain why they are robuster and have more Cm like skulls.

Kivan
03-20-2021, 08:32 PM
Not Baltid or Uralid, she looks pretty dolichocephalic.

I think some local CM type.

Oliver109
03-20-2021, 08:34 PM
Not Baltid or Uralid, she looks pretty dolichocephalic.

I think some local CM type.

Yeah, i did say a sort of arcahic Brunn, still the resemblance with Uralics/Baltids is i think clear.