PDA

View Full Version : To All My English Friends...

Gwynyvyr
04-02-2009, 03:39 PM
I'm sorry.
(and this is not political, this is about simple etiquette!)

I am sorry my country has elected an idiot that is so boorish as to give your Queen an I-Pod pre-programmed with his own speeches.
I apologize for the gift he previously gave your PM...100 Classic Hollywood movies in a DVD format that won't play on the systems in your country.
I sincerely apologize and cringe at the faux-pas committed by our current presidents wife when she patted your Queen on the back.

England is a beautiful country, steeped in history and tradition. Sure, we had a few *bumps in the road* in the past, but I had hoped all was forgiven.
I know the majority of the British would not be so impolite as to publicly castigate our elected officials for their base stupidity (although, personally, I wish they would!).
In affairs of state and international etiquette and protocol,England has always set the standard, and a high standard it was. The English realized that by setting a high standard, they would encourage the rest of the world to reach for that standard, thus creating an aura of civility at every negotiation or meeting on the world stage.

While many of my countrymen have a "So what?" attitude about the boorishness and out right rudeness exhibited by our current elected officials, I do not. I realize that once the bounds of civility are breached it is far too easy for the floodgates of rudeness to open!
While rudeness is a minor annoyance in personal affairs, on the world stage it can cause much more serious difficulties than simple hurt feelings.
Again, I sincerely apologize.

Ĉmeric
04-02-2009, 04:54 PM
I sincerely apologize and cringe at the faux-pas committed by our current presidents wife when she patted your Queen on the back.

Negroes are like that, they don't respect other people's space let alone their bodies.

I wonder if Michelle took any 'unauthorized' souvenirs with her from Buckingham Palace? I'm serious, those people are like that helping themselves to stuff.

Barreldriver
04-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Well said Gwynyvyr, however I find it equally important that the citizens who did not vote for that Obamanation of a previously honored executive office previously held by some of the greatest Americans(Andrew Jackson woot) should be 10x as focused and determined as before to get this man out of office than they were when he was elected into office, because the outside world does not know every American name by name, place by place, and this Obamanation is "representing" the nation as a whole when he goes abroad, and I'll be damned before I rest easy while the rest of the world thinks that America is a nation of solid boobs and impolite negroes. When Obama does these things I take it as a personal offense because he is inaccurately representing myself, my family, and my countrymen(well a decent portion of my countrymen, excluding the retards that voted for this monkey).

RoyBatty
04-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Reminds me of the time that Chavez hugged the Japanese Emperor causing a mini-disaster in the process, LOL!!! :D

Not everybody would be in tears if Obama took the royals with him to the US.

Beorn
04-02-2009, 07:51 PM
It grated on me that those two broke the subtle rules of protocol, but these are the Obama's were talking about here.

I actually thought more for the reaction of the Queen more than the actual touching, tbh.
Not so long ago the Queen would have shown her disapproval. Now, she simply takes it like the majestic, old lady she is.

A sign of England if one was ever needed.

Loddfafner
04-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Of all the things to be outraged about, this ranks pretty low on the list. Anyways, I understand that Her Royal Majesty actually asked for the ipod, a more recent model than the one she already had.

A bigger question is one of, for want of a better term, social hydraulics. Where do such waves of indignation come from and how are they propelled and amplified such that their laps even reach here?

This phenomenon reflects very poorly on the state of the American media.

Ĉmeric
04-02-2009, 08:48 PM
I think that there are criticisms of Obama - who not long ago could do no wrong in the eyes of many of America's media elite - is a good sign. Even if it is just about his protocol missteps.

Birka
04-02-2009, 11:08 PM
I think that there are criticisms of Obama - who not long ago could do no wrong in the eyes of many of America's media elite - is a good sign. Even if it is just about his protocol missteps.

These protocol missteps in the UK and at home in the way he handles foreign dignitaries, show the weak, incompetent people that he choose to support his rule. The Ombongo and his thralls have no clue, and now the rest of the world is getting a glimpse of it.

Arundel
04-03-2009, 02:52 AM
I'm sorry.

As an American I know very little about English protocol. But even I was surprised to see Queen Elizabeth being patted on the back. I imagine she was surprised too, probably never happened to her before. But I believe the Queen has a fine sense of humor, and just took it all in stride.
I didn't understand the Ipod thing either. Why would you give a Queen an Ipod?

Maelstrom
04-03-2009, 03:06 AM
I'm sorry.

As an American I know very little about English protocol. But even I was surprised to see Queen Elizabeth being patted on the back. I imagine she was surprised too, probably never happened to her before. But I believe the Queen has a fine sense of humor, and just took it all in stride.
I didn't understand the Ipod thing either. Why would you give a Queen an Ipod?

Is it not obvious?

The Queen can give the Obama's a picture of Her Majesty for it will forever be worth something. The Queen is a MONARCH and Her status shall be retained throughout the ages.

I'd glad that the Queen was given an iPod, since it will last longer than the Obamas and their 'legacy'. :tongue

Gooding
04-03-2009, 04:14 AM
To all the people of the United Kingdom and the British Commonwealth of Nations: I wish to add my apologies to Gwynyvyr's.I am aghast at this breach of protocol and am humiliated by the actions of those selected to represent the United States to the British Government. I am truly sorry.:(

Birka
04-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Is it not obvious?

The Queen can give the Obama's a picture of Her Majesty for it will forever be worth something. The Queen is a MONARCH and Her status shall be retained throughout the ages.

I'd glad that the Queen was given an iPod, since it will last longer than the Obamas and their 'legacy'. :tongue

Supposedly on the ipod were Broadway Show tunes and Ombongo speeches!!!!:eek: