PDA

View Full Version : Haplogroup H subclades - interesting distribution

Hektor12
03-20-2021, 11:08 AM
Some subclades can be found in irrelevant regions -for example in northern or western europe and Turkey, but absent in eastern and southern europe. What is the explanation?

H1: found in Europe, North Africa, the Near East, Central Asia and North Asia / found in Neolithic Portugal, Spain, France, Germany, Hungary and Poland

H1b: found especially in Eastern Europe, Central Asia and North Asia / found in Bell Beaker Germany, and in Bronze Age Latvia and Russia (Fatyanovo culture)

H1c: found especially in Eastern Europe, Central Asia and North Asia / / found in Neolithic France and Germany, in Bell Beaker Britain, and in Bronze Age Scotland and Latvia

H1e: found throughout Europe, including among the Basques, and in Iran (Qashqai) / found in Neolithic France and Germany, in Bell Beaker England, France and Germany, and in LBA France

H1u: found in the Kura-Araxes culture (Bronze Age Armenia) / found in Portugal, Italy, France, Belgium, Britain, Ireland, Slovakia, Finland and Turkey

H2a1: found mostly in Eastern Europe, the North Caucasus and Central Asia. IE diffusion (R1a) / found in Bell Beaker Germany, and in Bronze Age France, Scotland and Russia (Fatyanovo culture)

H2a2a: found throughout Europe / found in LBA Scotland and among the Scythians from Hungary

H2b: found in the Yamna, Srubnaya and Unetice cultures and in Bronze Age Serbia. Found among the Angles and Lombards. Found in Europe, Tukrey, Pakistan and India.

H5a1: found in most of Europe and Siberia / found in Bell Beaker Netherlands, in Bronze Age Bulgaria, in the Tagar culture (Bronze Age Siberia), and in LBA Scotland

H6a1b: found in Bell Beaker England and Czechia, in MBA Scotland and in Iron Age Tian Shan ???

H7: found mostly in the Near East, Caucasus, Iran, Central Asia and Balto-Slavic countries / found in Bronze Age Poland

H8c: found in central and western Europe, Central Asia and the Altai

H11a: found across most of northern, central and eastern Europe and in Central Asia / found in Mesolithic Lithuania, Middle Neolithic Germany, Megalithic Spain and among Iron Age Latins

H14b: found in Iran, Turkey, Germany and France ??

H15: found in Scotland, Germany, Poland, Austria, northern Italy, Central Asia (Turkmenistan), Iran and northern India. Probable Indo-European origin (R1b).

H15b: found in Sweden, Turkey and India ?

H18: found in Portugal, France, England, Germany, Norway, Italy, Turkey and the Arabian peninsula

H20: found in England, Hungary, Italy, around the Near East and the Caucasus / found in Neolithic Catalonia

H26b: found in Turkey / found in the Neolithic LBKT culutre in Hungary

H27: found in central and northern Europe, but also in Central Asia (Turkmenistan)

H49: found essentially in Germanic countries, but also in central Italy, the Czech Republic, Poland (Silesia), Russia (Samara) and Azerbaijan

Linebacker
03-20-2021, 11:09 AM
So what about H3 then?? Are my maternal ancestors from space?

Hektor12
03-20-2021, 11:11 AM
So what about H3 then?? Are my maternal ancestors from space?

I didnt include those which are absent in Turkey/Turkic countries.

PaleoEuropean
03-20-2021, 11:41 AM
H2a1 is all over and actually pretty rare in Europe, it mostly only exists in Slavs and Scandinavians. But it exists in Arabs, Armenians, Indians etc. Almost every Western European who is H2a1 is of Scandinavian origin and those of Eastern European origin are mostly of Eastern Slavic or Balkan descent.

Petalpusher
03-20-2021, 12:25 PM
All it shows is that wiminz have been known as trade goods for most of post-mesolithic era.

Hektor12
03-20-2021, 02:15 PM
H5 is very interesting as well... Concentrated in specific nations/ethnic groups.

https://i.imgur.com/zYh4d2U.png

Hektor12
03-20-2021, 04:10 PM
Bump.

Tauromachos
03-20-2021, 04:18 PM
H2a1 is all over and actually pretty rare in Europe, it mostly only exists in Slavs and Scandinavians. But it exists in Arabs, Armenians, Indians etc. Almost every Western European who is H2a1 is of Scandinavian origin and those of Eastern European origin are mostly of Eastern Slavic or Balkan descent.

Is that the one common in Gypsy people?

chinshen
03-20-2021, 05:03 PM
You also missed H4. What about H4?

Hektor12
03-20-2021, 06:53 PM
Bomb.

PaleoEuropean
03-20-2021, 07:14 PM
Is that the one common in Gypsy people?

No, only in basically Iranian/central Asian shifted Indians and Pakis from my understanding. h2 period is pretty much absence in gypsies but they have other H clades like h1 and h7. H2a1 is pretty rare in the Balkans, almost exclusively Slavic and Scandinavian in Europe. It's only found at significant numbers in Eastern Slavs and Caucasians outside Scandinavia. It is found natively in Anatolia though.

Lemminkäinen
03-20-2021, 07:23 PM
H39

H39: found in Ireland, Britain and Norway / found in the early Neolithic Sopot culture in Hungary
https://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_H_mtDNA.shtml

Jatuli
03-20-2021, 08:40 PM
https://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_H_mtDNA.shtml

It must be very common here too.

Lemminkäinen
03-20-2021, 10:12 PM
It must be very common here too.

Not very common, not here and not in Norway, Ireland and UK. But I know a rich Iron Age grave from Denmark. He was likely an upper class man belonging to northern invaders who fought against the old Danish clans.

Jatuli
03-21-2021, 08:54 AM
Not very common, not here and not in Norway, Ireland and UK. But I know a rich Iron Age grave from Denmark. He was likely an upper class man belonging to northern invaders who fought against the old Danish clans.
Is there an article i can read somewhere?

Lemminkäinen
03-21-2021, 09:26 AM
Is there an article i can read somewhere?

It was an old Danish study including definitions "rich grave, likely from north etc", but I can't find it any more. I saw it about 10 years ago. During the Roman Iron Age there was a continuous war time between "Swedish" and "Danish" clans, lasting decades. Danes are interpteted to have been a victorious people who beat original clans there (Jutes? idk). Here is another study, keeping in mind that the mutation A16299G identifies H39.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/45508977_Genetic_Diversity_among_Ancient_Nordic_Po pulations

Edit.

Two interesting sentences, because U4 and U5 were notable in Iron Age Eura, but not in Middle Age Karelia.

The presence ofsolely Hg U4 and U5a in our Neolithic and Early Bronze age samples is noteworthy given that Hg U4 and U5 have frequenciesaround 1–5% and 5–7%, respectively, among Europeans today.

And later in the same chapter again sbout U4, but I have problems to get c/p using phone's touch screen.

Tauromachos
03-21-2021, 10:07 AM
No, only in basically Iranian/central Asian shifted Indians and Pakis from my understanding. h2 period is pretty much absence in gypsies but they have other H clades like h1 and h7. H2a1 is pretty rare in the Balkans, almost exclusively Slavic and Scandinavian in Europe. It's only found at significant numbers in Eastern Slavs and Caucasians outside Scandinavia. It is found natively in Anatolia though.

So native Anatolians and Slavs share some Haplogroups after all

Chaos One
03-21-2021, 10:10 AM
Well, I do think my H2 is probably Caucasus related or something like this.

Dismal Knight
04-18-2021, 07:31 PM
I have H101 and I do not know where it is distributed

Leto
04-18-2021, 07:44 PM
I have H101 and I do not know where it is distributed
Hey I remember you. :) Are you still on Gedmatch? I'd like you to share some of your results again.

Dismal Knight
04-18-2021, 07:48 PM
Hey I remember you. :) Are you still on Gedmatch? I'd like you to share some of your results again.

Which ones exactly?

Petalpusher
04-18-2021, 07:52 PM
Mt is always fun, looks like a trading market with impossible combinaisons of countries. I trade you a U for a H, or some iron stuff, is likely how a good part of it went down.

Nurzat
04-18-2021, 07:54 PM
Some subclades can be found in irrelevant regions -for example in northern or western europe and Turkey, but absent in eastern and southern europe. What is the explanation?

H14b: found in Iran, Turkey, Germany and France ??

that's mine :cool:

Leto
04-18-2021, 07:57 PM
Which ones exactly?
Good ol' Euro K13 as well as Dodecad K12b and HarappaWorld. I think I had your kit number but it later got deleted. We have updated some of the oracles since then, particularly Euro K13 and Dod K12b.

By the way, which districts of Dagestan is your ancestry from? The Avar samples we have are from Gunibsky and Untsukulsky districts.

Alenka
04-18-2021, 07:58 PM
Any info on H5b?
It's my father's mtDNA.

Dismal Knight
04-18-2021, 08:03 PM
Good ol' Euro K13 as well as Dodecad K12b and HarappaWorld. I think I had your kit number but it later got deleted. We have updated some of the oracles since then, particularly Euro K13 and Dod K12b.

By the way, which districts of Dagestan is your ancestry from? The Avar samples we have are from Gunibsky and Untsukulsky districts.

I'm a little paranoid and so I deleted my Gedmatch account after I published it publicly. My new kit number — ZP4149258.
I am from western Dagestan. Botlikh district, Ansalta village.
I hope you understand my google-english.

Leto
04-18-2021, 08:07 PM
I'm a little paranoid and so I deleted my Gedmatch account after I published it publicly. My new kit number — ZP4149258.
I am from western Dagestan. Botlikh district, Ansalta village.
I hope you understand my google-english.
Thank you, that's fine! As far as I know Botlikh is like the center of the Avar area in Dagestan.

Eleonor
04-18-2021, 08:09 PM
H1c: found especially in Eastern Europe, Central Asia and North Asia / / found in Neolithic France and Germany, in Bell Beaker Britain, and in Bronze Age Scotland and Latvia

That's it? what about if you add a 1? :rolleyes:

Dick
04-25-2021, 06:45 PM
Any info on H5b?
It's my father's mtDNA.
Mtdna locator map link is here;
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?290263-Mtdna-locator-map

https://i.ibb.co/JrqSzwZ/0-E4-E2361-C8-FF-481-C-B6-DF-A8-A55322-C5-B0.jpg

lacreme
04-25-2021, 08:34 PM
Anything on H13a2b3 ?
It's the mtdna haplogroup of a greek friend

Hara Pala
01-31-2024, 09:40 PM
H6a1 and H6a1a appear in Central / Western Europe for the first time with ancient DNA remains of the Yamnaya artefact culture, and in its fusion cultures, before reaching Bell Beaker. It appears to be mtDNA sister of some of the Y-DNA R1's. Arriving in Western Europe with steppe ancestry. I'm full mtDNA tested to H6a1a8. Last that I looked (unless it has changed), there was no pre-chalcolithic H6 in western Europe. There was one odd result from ancient DNA in North Africa, but that screamed out contamination.

CordedWhelp
01-31-2024, 09:42 PM
My father has mtDNA H3 (don't know any deeper of a subclade. One predictor had him as H3ak).

Dick
02-01-2024, 05:34 PM
Haplogroup H, or “Helena”, is the most common mtdna in Europe.

~Elizabeth~
02-01-2024, 05:46 PM
What about H1c12?

Katarzyna
02-01-2024, 06:59 PM
I’m luckily neither as I’m HV which is a sister clade of H and V

Dick
02-01-2024, 08:24 PM
I’m luckily neither as I’m HV which is a sister clade of H and V

I read that as HIV for some reason