PDA

View Full Version : Slavic infighting

Aldaris
03-26-2021, 07:26 PM
Every member is aware of that at this point. Balkan wars of 100 pages, Russian-Polish bittery and so on. Yeah, Slavic nations had conflicts with each other and it carries over. Nothing new here.

I just considered it kinda sad in the past, but now I'm outright annoyed when I see that. We aren't the only ethnic group which ever had an internal conflict, a recent one even. There was a facking civil war in Spain and of course both sides may be a bit bitter about it even now, but it doesn't mean we hate Spaniards more than anything or vice-versa. We know we are of the same stock and act upon that. Norwegians and Dutch aren't dissing Germans about the WW2 either. You see that contrast in this forum when it comes to Slavs. Conflicts are over, so guess what, ditch politics and focus on what's relevant and that is common ancestry.

Jaromir
03-26-2021, 07:29 PM
how, CV doesn't like his South American brothers and sistas for example, same with Slavs, someone from Bautzen or another Poznan may dislike his Travvoids (Slavo-Uralisch)

Aldaris
03-26-2021, 07:47 PM
how, CV doesn't like his South American brothers and sistas for example, same with Slavs, someone from Bautzen or another Poznan may dislike his Travvoids (Slavo-Uralisch)

Tahni trollit nekam jinam, you're way too obvious, Ülev. Anyhow, ask the guy about guys like Erronkari, Celtķbero or alnortedelsur. Your assumption will collapse like a cardhouse.

Satem
03-26-2021, 07:48 PM
Slavic is term connected to language nothing more, even few different haplogroups are counted as Slavic. It would be like telling Italians and Spaniards have common ancestry cause their languages are in the same language family, absurd

I know it's calling just to start talking about something else cause endless conflicts in here may turn out annoying, though it's hard to find any neutral ground and ancestry is not either cause it may easily fall into "who is more white" threads. I appreciate idea very much though

Aldaris
03-26-2021, 08:01 PM
Slavic is term connected to language nothing more, even few different haplogroups are counted as Slavic. It would be like telling Italians and Spaniards have common ancestry cause their languages are in the same language family, absurd

I know it's calling just to start talking about something else cause endless conflicts in here may turn out annoying, though it's hard to find any neutral ground and ancestry is not either cause it may easily fall into "who is more white" threads. I appreciate idea very much though

Ethnicity is a more complex term than a two-dimensional value on your PCA. There's a common culture going on almost since the recorded history and a degree of common ancestry which unites us, it's not like Russia and Czechia are equivalent to UK and Haiti, despite the language connection thingy in both cases.

Jaromir
03-26-2021, 08:05 PM
Tahni trollit nekam jinam, you're way too obvious, Ülev. Anyhow, ask the guy about guys like Erronkari, Celtķbero or alnortedelsur. Your assumption will collapse like a cardhouse.

kdo je Ulev? připomeň si Bhutanku

Vrazijadivizija
03-26-2021, 08:07 PM
You re just provoking another thread war.."Slavic infighting" will never stop and there are many reasons why it cannot always be peacful.

Aldaris
03-26-2021, 08:17 PM
kdo je Ulev? připomeň si Bhutanku

Not sure if speaking in riddles or appalling Czech.

Satem
03-26-2021, 08:20 PM
You re just provoking another thread war.."Slavic infighting" will never stop and there are many reasons why it cannot always be peacful.

Indeed, it's our obligation to fight with other anonymous members in niche forum about things which in vast majority of cases(if not all) were not made directly by any person posting here.

Jaromir
03-26-2021, 08:24 PM
No known common history, no connection between us. Totally different people.
Polaks = one the most catholic nation in Europe.
Czechs = one of the most atheistic nation in Europe.

Totally different cultures, values.

simple as that

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?220778-Pole-and-Czech-two-brothers-separated-since-500-years

Aldaris
03-26-2021, 08:26 PM

Yeah, I expect at least 30 pages of Stearsolina and Dušan death wishes. Despite being of the same stock and that's the irony. I'm just making a point, it's of course not meant to solve anything.

Aldaris
03-26-2021, 08:28 PM
simple as that

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?220778-Pole-and-Czech-two-brothers-separated-since-500-years

For that crazy chick I was a Spanish troll. Simple as that.

викторслава
03-26-2021, 08:34 PM
i really hope us slavs will unite someday...

michal3141
03-26-2021, 09:25 PM

I wouldn't say it is only language. Slovenians are closer genetically to Belarusians than Italians from Veneto who are their neighbours geographically!
From Ljubljana to Minsk there is about 1270 km (+ Carpathian Mountains), from Ljubljana to Veneto only 180 km.
I am talking about autosomal genetics which is more relevant, not some haplogroups nonsense.

I would say Slavs are very close by language, culture and genetics.
I am not saying we are the same but still much closer than many people imagine.

I think the biggest problem for our Slavic identity is the West. Slavs are looking to the West and don't know much about their Slavic neigbours.

Moje ime
03-26-2021, 09:33 PM
Indeed, it's our obligation to fight with other anonymous members in niche forum about things which in vast majority of cases(if not all) were not made directly by any person posting here.

I just wonder how everyone and even kids know about this..
So fucking annoying.

Moje ime
03-26-2021, 09:39 PM
I think the biggest problem for our Slavic identity is the West. Slavs are looking to the West and don't know much about their Slavic neigbours.
Yes! Half of Slavs are German's puppets, let's be honest.
Division started with Catholicism.

rero
03-26-2021, 09:53 PM
I wouldn't say it is only language. Slovenians are closer genetically to Belarusians than Italians from Veneto who are their neighbours geographically!
From Ljubljana to Minsk there is about 1270 km (+ Carpathian Mountains), from Ljubljana to Veneto only 180 km.
I am talking about autosomal genetics which is more relevant, not some haplogroups nonsense.

As for genetics, you are picking out the most extreme example. Slovenians are also closer to Austrians and Germans than Belarusians, so i don‘t see your point. Don‘t get it twisted, generally countries are most gebetically similar to their neighbors with only few exceptions (one of which you mentioned).

michal3141
03-26-2021, 10:00 PM

Well. I would say that all Abrahamic religions were detrimental to Slavic identity.
Having said that I obviously don't mean that religion is all bad. It has good and bad sides.

Moje ime
03-26-2021, 10:13 PM
Well. I would say that all Abrahamic religions were detrimental to Slavic identity.
Having said that I obviously don't mean that religion is all bad. It has good and bad sides.

If all Slavs had one religion everything would be different.

Vrazijadivizija
03-26-2021, 10:34 PM
If all Slavs had one religion everything would be different.

Religion wouldnt change the views of the Slavs toward the others just because of the faith in the same stuff..nothing would be diffrent,there would still be bloodshed :rolleyes: t

Satem
03-26-2021, 11:03 PM

In case of autosomal genetics Hungarians are also close to Slavs as well and it doesn't make them Slavic. That's one of the reasons why I don't count genetics as part of Slavic term. Many people imagine we are close, that's why all post communist countries are called Eastern European. This simplification exists strongly in mind of many ordinary people.

Slavic identity was kind of reborn with pan-Slavic idea, especially in XIX century. It's popular mostly for people that think it could be used only for interests of their nation and that their issues would be the most important in that case. It simply doesn't work like that imo.

We can be close by culture in meaning where there are no other groups close to us. On the other hand it doesn't mean there are no differences for example if I am not wrong only Serbs celebrate Slava. Even culture between regions is different, just let's look on East Poland vs Silesia. The differences exist not only because some forced Slavs to split, it was also aware decision that for example Ukrainians feel different to Russians etc

About looking to West, every country in the world used to look on America and takes all cultural influence from there in matters of pop culture but also "deep culture" just because it has power(yet). When China will take more and more power it will get more attention what can be seen already. It's natural we try to follow those who have power

Of course it's just my opinion, I hope I made it clear what is the reasoning of my thinking, it's the only aim of this reply. Sorry for long post

michal3141
03-27-2021, 12:04 AM
In case of autosomal genetics Hungarians are also close to Slavs as well and it doesn't make them Slavic. That's one of the reasons why I don't count genetics as part of Slavic term. Many people imagine we are close, that's why all post communist countries are called Eastern European. This simplification exists strongly in mind of many ordinary people.

Slavic identity was kind of reborn with pan-Slavic idea, especially in XIX century. It's popular mostly for people that think it could be used only for interests of their nation and that their issues would be the most important in that case. It simply doesn't work like that imo.

We can be close by culture in meaning where there are no other groups close to us. On the other hand it doesn't mean there are no differences for example if I am not wrong only Serbs celebrate Slava. Even culture between regions is different, just let's look on East Poland vs Silesia. The differences exist not only because some forced Slavs to split, it was also aware decision that for example Ukrainians feel different to Russians etc

About looking to West, every country in the world used to look on America and takes all cultural influence from there in matters of pop culture but also "deep culture" just because it has power(yet). When China will take more and more power it will get more attention what can be seen already. It's natural we try to follow those who have power

Of course it's just my opinion, I hope I made it clear what is the reasoning of my thinking, it's the only aim of this reply. Sorry for long post

You are of course correct with your remarks. I understand your point. However, I would like to elaborate on my opinion a bit more.

I don't think Hungarians are the very good example. Of course there are close friends historically but still with very different language.
For me language and genetics are very important factors and must go together.
You can feel it when you travel abroad.
When you visit Lvov you can talk in Polish and be understood, people on the streets look very similar to Poles, you feel basically at home.
When you visit Spain or Italy it is a different story completely. Different language, different phenotypes, different mentality.

You've mentioned cultural differences. Of course there are many differences! Everywhere in the world.
For instance, Northern Chinese are very different from Southern Chinese. Both by language and by genetics.
They are more different than Russians and Macedonians both by genetics and their original language.

Peterski
03-27-2021, 08:49 PM

Slavs are more compatible with the Jews/Israel than with the West, probably:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CQ8DUcCTXw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWIplf6IFDM

Aldaris
03-28-2021, 04:06 PM
Religion wouldnt change the views of the Slavs toward the others just because of the faith in the same stuff..nothing would be diffrent,there would still be bloodshed :rolleyes: t

I don't think we can tell. Common religious affiliance is always a bonding factor.

Rumata
03-28-2021, 06:20 PM
Russian-Polish bittery
On TA this bitterness is almost exclusively by Ulev and Rethel even though they'd deny it too.

Jana
03-28-2021, 06:35 PM
In case of autosomal genetics Hungarians are also close to Slavs as well and it doesn't make them Slavic. That's one of the reasons why I don't count genetics as part of Slavic term.

That's because Hungarians are genetically more Slavic than anything else. Slavic genetics is a fact and we know what it looks like.

Jana
03-28-2021, 06:38 PM

Slavs were separated by religion before Catholicism and Orthodoxy existed, and western Christian Slavs were baptised before eastern ones. Your lack of education is amusing.

Rumata
03-28-2021, 07:02 PM
And Rethel wouldn't limit himself with Russians as for him Orthodoxy is idolatry. Well, it's Rethel.

Aldaris
03-28-2021, 07:56 PM
On TA this bitterness is almost exclusively by Ulev and Rethel even though they'd deny it too.

And Rethel wouldn't limit himself with Russians as for him Orthodoxy is idolatry. Well, it's Rethel.

No need to go over the egde, they are both idiots.

Satem
03-28-2021, 08:11 PM

As well as the only Russians taking part in such discussions are you and KirillMazur :rolleyes:

Rumata
03-28-2021, 08:20 PM
double post

Rumata
03-28-2021, 08:20 PM
As well as the only Russians taking part in such discussions are you and KirillMazur :rolleyes:
I don't think I've been bitter with Poles here, you're wrong my Jewish friend. And I don't remember Mazur being bitter too. I remember his anti-Ukrainian threads though.

Satem
03-28-2021, 08:23 PM
I don't think I've been bitter with Poles here, you're wrong my Jewish friend. And I don't remember Mazur being bitter too. I remember his anti-Ukrainian threads though.

You both were bitter with Ulev so I took it as being bitter with Poles, simple as that

Rumata
03-28-2021, 08:28 PM
You both were bitter with Ulev so I took it as being bitter with Poles, simple as that
It's not the kosher way my friend. Ulev is Ulev and we just don't quite like his attitude to our country. Also, don't forget that he's noble by nationality.

Peterski
03-29-2021, 01:22 PM
I think the biggest problem for our Slavic identity is the West.

Canada is also a Slavic country:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavs#/media/File:Slavic_World_updated.png

Geni
03-29-2021, 01:45 PM
Imposible for you to unite ....when you unite you kill each-other ....so better be separed...

TheGoldenSon
03-29-2021, 02:34 PM
Every member is aware of that at this point. Balkan wars of 100 pages, Russian-Polish bittery and so on. Yeah, Slavic nations had conflicts with each other and it carries over. Nothing new here.

I just considered it kinda sad in the past, but now I'm outright annoyed when I see that. We aren't the only ethnic group which ever had an internal conflict, a recent one even. There was a facking civil war in Spain and of course both sides may be a bit bitter about it even now, but it doesn't mean we hate Spaniards more than anything or vice-versa. We know we are of the same stock and act upon that. Norwegians and Dutch aren't dissing Germans about the WW2 either. You see that contrast in this forum when it comes to Slavs. Conflicts are over, so guess what, ditch politics and focus on what's relevant and that is common ancestry.

The civil wars in West were ideological, in Slavic lands they were ethnic. The former leave much more bitter taste.

Rumata
03-29-2021, 04:12 PM
Canada is also a Slavic country:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavs#/media/File:Slavic_World_updated.png
sean should better know it.

Aldaris
03-29-2021, 07:58 PM
The civil wars in West were ideological, in Slavic lands they were ethnic. The former leave much more bitter taste.

You mean when you could have been arrested for speaking Basque? When you were put on a list for a participation in a Basque culture group? Unofficially of course, since those were banned. When the city of Gernika was made a testing grounds? That is the background for Euskal gatazka or Conflicto Vasco. If you think there was no ethnic component to all this, go read.

Geni
04-05-2021, 09:50 PM
If 1 day all slavs wird think like the albanians:

"Shqiptar i vėrtetė e i mirė ėshtė ay qė vė gjithėnjė e kurėdo kombėrinė pėrpara fesė, nuk ka vėllezėr ata qė ka nė besėn e tij, por ata qė ka nė kombėri tė tij.” – Sami Frashėri"
"A true and good Albanian is the one who always and everywhere puts the nation before the religion, there are no brothers who are in his faith, but those who are in his nation." - Sami Frashėri "

They will be the new Superpower in the world. ....Momentan is Imposible for you to unite ....when you unite you kill each-other ....so better be separed...

Peterski
04-26-2021, 03:47 PM
(...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93hc4m9ADiE

Megadorian
04-27-2021, 05:49 AM
Keep fighting amongst you Slavs.

Aldaris
02-17-2023, 07:27 PM
Let's give this a bump.

Victor
02-17-2023, 07:37 PM
In most of cases Eastern Slavic fighting is represented by foreign fan clubs of the forum. Anyway, every Ukrainian barking nonsense towards me will go to the ignore list asap, because I will not go down to their inferior level. It actually happened few days ago xD

Blazhe
02-17-2023, 07:43 PM
I don't want anybody else
when I think about my Slavs I touch myself

https://youtu.be/47zs9qepCsU

Aldaris
02-17-2023, 07:44 PM
In most of cases Eastern Slavic fighting is represented by foreign fan clubs of the forum. Anyway, every Ukrainian barking nonsense towards me will go to the ignore list asap, because I will not go down to their inferior level. It actually happened few days ago xD

As for you Russians. Rain fire on them. With words or otherwise.

Victor
02-17-2023, 07:48 PM

Verbal fire is not very productive.

Dragoon
02-17-2023, 07:49 PM
Slavic infighting will always happen as it always happened.

There is no single factor to explain it all.

Differences in: religion, wars, repression, democracy, power, politics, personal experiences, family stories, propaganda, and outside influence all shape things.

Improved cooperation would be very good but its just fantasy or dream. The people in power have other problems and worries.

Hektor12
02-17-2023, 08:06 PM
In most of cases Eastern Slavic fighting is represented by foreign fan clubs of the forum.

https://www.ciftlikdergisi.com.tr/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/horoz-dovusu.jpg

Aldaris
02-17-2023, 08:07 PM
Slavic infighting will always happen as it always happened.

There is no single factor to explain it all.

Differences in: religion, wars, repression, democracy, power, politics, personal experiences, family stories, propaganda, and outside influence all shape things.

Improved cooperation would be very good but its just fantasy or dream. The people in power have other problems and worries.

I have long time ago surrendered the hope of that being actually possible. Still, the current situation is appalling to me.

Aldaris
02-17-2023, 08:14 PM
Verbal fire is not very productive.

Actually, it does more than bullets.

gixajo
02-17-2023, 09:12 PM
It is the eternal problem of "us and them" (my group versus those that are not in my group) and "me in us"(me as individual inside my group).:)

Jana
02-17-2023, 10:39 PM
I think I can somewhat report a slight relaxing of relations between Croato-Serbo fractions on TA :angel: It's a fragile peace, but we're trying!

Victor
02-17-2023, 10:42 PM
I think I can somewhat report a slight relaxing of relations between Croato-Serbo fractions on TA :angel: It's a fragile peace, but we're trying!

xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHc4H47TNps

Dušan
02-17-2023, 11:13 PM
xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHc4H47TNps

English lyrics:

When Serbs and Croats divide Bosnia,
the war will stop, the war will then stop

And all Muslims go away to Turkey,
so that we don't look them anymore, let devil take them away

Mingle
02-18-2023, 12:04 AM

Aren't you against Slavic infighting?

Aldaris
02-18-2023, 03:35 PM
Aren't you against Slavic infighting?

That's actually kind of the point. Of course I am against Slavic infighting, but it doesn't mean that when one Slavic group is oppressed, neglected or generally treated unfairly within another Slavic group, they should lose their right to retaliate. That's exactly what's going on right now. My point is that it shouldn't have happened in the first place. I think it's quite clear, but let me give an example. If there was a region in, say, Poland where the majority of citizens would be Czechs native to the said region. And let us now assume that they would be mistreated by the Polish government. Now would I object Petr Pavel reacting to that, even using military force? No, I would not. Still, it would sadden me if the path of war would be the only one left.

Atlantic Reptilian
02-18-2023, 04:06 PM
I have long time ago surrendered the hope of that being actually possible. Still, the current situation is appalling to me.
I don't think it's the Slav you are fighting, but something else.

Well, then it must be contested that behavior such as imperialism, colonialism must end (in the region).

And this is what I mean when I say that:

English lyrics:

When Serbs and Croats divide Bosnia,
the war will stop, the war will then stop

And all Muslims go away to Turkey,
so that we don't look them anymore, let devil take them away

That's actually kind of the point. Of course I am against Slavic infighting, but it doesn't mean that when one Slavic group is oppressed, neglected or generally treated unfairly within another Slavic group, they should lose their right to retaliate. That's exactly what's going on right now. My point is that it shouldn't have happened in the first place. I think it's quite clear, but let me give an example. If there was a region in, say, Poland where the majority of citizens would be Czechs native to the said region. And let us now assume that they would be mistreated by the Polish government. Now would I object Petr Pavel reacting to that, even using military force? No, I would not. Still, it would sadden me if the path of war would be the only one left.

True.

Jana
02-18-2023, 04:35 PM
Well, then it must be contested that behavior such as imperialism, colonialism must end (in the region).

Care to elaborate?

Atlantic Reptilian
02-18-2023, 04:38 PM
Care to elaborate?

This read is interesting: https://web.archive.org/web/20060822164923/http://www.hic.hr/books/seeurope/010e-semiz.htm

The behavior there is disgraceful.