PDA

View Full Version : Can you become Chinese citizen if you are not Chinese?

Mortimer
03-28-2021, 09:13 AM
I watch right now Galileo science and docu show there is a really smart German who is manager in China for a high tech company he moved to China with his family and he says they all really like it there but now even this super important dude stays only a few years but I don't know if he wants it that way or because you can't become permanent resident or Chinese citizen I'm just curious

Grace O'Malley
03-28-2021, 10:09 AM
You would need to be very careful in China. They have shown their true colours with how they are treating Australia.

And look how they are treating this Irishman.

https://www.voanews.com/east-asia-pacific/voa-news-china/chinas-detention-irish-businessman-spotlights-global-issue

Australia's ambassador in Beijing has labelled China’s campaign of economic punishment against Australia “vindictive” as the diplomatic relationship between the two countries remains stuck in a rut.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-26/australian-ambassador-to-china-says-trade-behaviour-vindictive/100030700

Not a country you can rely on. They also are getting very expansionist as of late.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-56474847

Any westerner living in China would need to be very careful because China is not above imprisoning anyone if your country vexes them.

Tooting Carmen
03-28-2021, 04:54 PM
Not impossible but very hard. Like most Asian countries, China's concept of nationality is very much jus sanguinis, not jus solis.

Red Pill
12-21-2021, 08:33 PM
Not impossible but very hard. Like most Asian countries, China's concept of nationality is very much jus sanguinis, not jus solis.

I don't see anything wrong in that honestly.

Nausevar
12-23-2021, 03:03 PM
I read few weeks ago that if you don't have relatives who have Chinese citizenship you can't be naturalized. Basically it is impossible for a non-chinese to become a Chinese citizen.

Automata
10-20-2023, 11:02 PM

Getting Korean (Republic of Korea) and Japanese citizenship is much easier than Chinese. I don't know about other Asian countries, but I know that in Japan, you can apply for citizenship after having been domiciled in Japan for five years or more consecutively and assuming that you have had a valid status of residence throughout the prescribed period of time. The same applies to South Korea.

Tooting Carmen
10-20-2023, 11:07 PM
Getting Korean (Republic of Korea) and Japanese citizenship is much easier than Chinese. I don't know about other Asian countries, but I know that in Japan, you can apply for citizenship after having been domiciled in Japan for five years or more consecutively and assuming that you have had a valid status of residence throughout the prescribed period of time. The same applies to South Korea.

But in those countries, even people born there cannot obtain the nationality if neither parent has it.

Automata
10-20-2023, 11:40 PM
But in those countries, even people born there cannot obtain the nationality if neither parent has it.

So, what? what you saying is only valid in countries in the Americas anyway.