PDA

View Full Version : Why am I still so fat when I'm tracking all my calories and exercising more?

Richmondbread
04-09-2021, 03:18 AM
I have lost some weight but I am so heavy I should be losing a lot more. For example, my highest weight was in November at 305 lbs. I am now 286 lbs in April, but I should not be this fat. I eat between 1800-2400 k average, depending on daily exercise. At work I do 5 hour shifts about 3x a week and I got a lot of exercise there because I'm constantly on my feet and walking around the whole shift. So that. Plus, I ride my bike twice a week for an hour. I count my calories on Fat Secret with an average of 1800-2400 . Most of my food is chicken, tuna, and sandwiches. I avoid chips and fries, but I have had (some) cookies and ice cream, twice a week. But with my caloric deficit, I should not be anywhere near this heavy. The worst part is people think I'm lying or lazy when I'm doing what I should be doing. Should I have my hormone levels checked or maybe thyroid?

Celestia
04-09-2021, 03:32 AM
Drop the sweets and sugar completely. Add more veggies.
1800-2400 is a big gap as well. It should be a fairly steady calorie intake.. also how are you tracking your calories and are you measuring your portions?

Richmondbread
04-09-2021, 03:33 AM
Drop the sweets and sugar completely. Add more veggies.
1800-2400 is a big gap as well. It should be a fairly steady calorie intake.. also how are you tracking your calories and are you measuring your portions?

I think my big mistake is eating too much bread and some meals are too heavy. I should probably eat smaller meals instead of two large ones.

FinalFlash
04-09-2021, 03:57 AM
Your daily carb intake is likely too much. Also, 2400 calories is quite a lot if you're planning to lose some serious weight. With this kind of regiment, you will lose weight at a much slower rate. Try to keep your calorie intake well under 2000(preferably 1500) and you're golden.

Ruggery
04-09-2021, 04:07 AM
Have you tried going to the gym? Maybe you should go on a diet with more vegetables and less sweets and bread.

Dick
04-09-2021, 04:11 AM
Oh stop. You're not fat, you have a big boned Germanic build.

Westbrook
04-09-2021, 04:16 AM
If you want to lose weight faster eat less food. There's nothing else to it.

Stop doing this.

Ruggery
04-09-2021, 04:19 AM

Stop doing this.

That is true but also with limits it is dangerous not to eat.

Smitty
04-09-2021, 04:25 AM
Whatever you do, don't give up. That's a good amount of lost weight. And you know as well as anyone that 300+ pounds is not a good place to be. Don't fall back into any bad habits.

Celestia
04-09-2021, 04:29 AM
I think my big mistake is eating too much bread and some meals are too heavy. I should probably eat smaller meals instead of two large ones.

Carbs are not your friend while dieting. You can have some but limit it. There are carb friendly breads these days that aren’t too bad though. Also it’s best to snack on fruits and vegetables throughout the day so you don’t over indulge on lunch or dinner.

Westbrook
04-09-2021, 05:17 AM
Not in his case. There's also a huge gap between not eating and eating 2500 calories a day.
That is true but also with limits it is dangerous not to eat.

Ruggery
04-09-2021, 05:36 AM
Not in his case. There's also a huge gap between not eating and eating 2500 calories a day.

That's true, Richmondbread can cut his calorie intake only if he want to and try.

Hasien
04-09-2021, 06:09 AM
I recommend you to try the famous Keto diet & and their natural supplement capsules. I bought It myself obviously I'm not fat but It helped me get rid of the belly fat .

TheOldNorth
04-09-2021, 06:26 AM
a calorie is a unit of measure, like a pound or mile, though the amount matters, so to does the content, sugar and starch are more likely to become fat, believe it or not animal fat doesn't turn into fat unless eaten with sugars, so if you ate a steak without a sugary sauce or baked potato, it wouldn't be very fattening, even if slabbed with butter

Longbowman
04-09-2021, 02:13 PM
Some people can lose weight on 2500kcal.

Some people need to drop to 1500kcal.

If you're seriously truly honest-to-goodness on 2200kcal and still gaining...

...drop to 2100kcal for 3 weeks and see what the results are.

Sucks but that's genetics for you.

Obviously you should cut out excess sugars and stuff but at the end of the day it's calories in vs calories out and what specifically you eat is just strategy (as in, how to get nutrition without overeating). If your body burns 2500kcal a day it doesn't matter if you eat 2600kcal of pure sugar or 2600kcal of beef, you'll still put on weight (although the sugar will also rot your teeth and leave you severely undernourished).

Remember to take multivitamins.

Fincher
04-09-2021, 02:31 PM
Unless you're doing intense manual labor, you're probably overestimating the amount of calories you're burning at work

CordedWhelp
04-09-2021, 02:31 PM
Psyllium husk, bruh, like I keep saying. It will jump start your metabolism after a bit, and you’ll get rid of some of that sludge. If you can’t find it or don’t want to order online, it’s the key ingredient in Metamucil (basically psyllium husk+orange sugary flavoring....better than nothing, but I’d recommend the straight up husk).

You’ll also feel better. Your body will begin putting energy into other parts of your life. It’s also nice, cause no ones really allergic to psyllium (that I’m aware of!?)

ixulescu
04-09-2021, 02:39 PM
I have lost some weight but I am so heavy I should be losing a lot more. For example, my highest weight was in November at 305 lbs. I am now 286 lbs in April, but I should not be this fat. I eat between 1800-2400 k average, depending on daily exercise. At work I do 5 hour shifts about 3x a week and I got a lot of exercise there because I'm constantly on my feet and walking around the whole shift. So that. Plus, I ride my bike twice a week for an hour. I count my calories on Fat Secret with an average of 1800-2400 . Most of my food is chicken, tuna, and sandwiches. I avoid chips and fries, but I have had (some) cookies and ice cream, twice a week. But with my caloric deficit, I should not be anywhere near this heavy. The worst part is people think I'm lying or lazy when I'm doing what I should be doing. Should I have my hormone levels checked or maybe thyroid?

You did not reach 300 lb overnight, so don't expect to lose 100 lb fast.

You're doing the right thing, but enforce the good behaviors that you can keep for life, not just for a couple of months. If you do this you will reach your goal.

Mortimer
04-09-2021, 02:45 PM
At my highest I had 156 kg then dropped to 126kg now gained weight and have 139kg

I want to be 70 kg but if I'm 110kg I will be happy

CordedWhelp
04-09-2021, 02:50 PM
Psyllium husk, bruh, like I keep saying. It will jump start your metabolism after a bit, and you’ll get rid of some of that sludge. If you can’t find it or don’t want to order online, it’s the key ingredient in Metamucil (basically psyllium husk+orange sugary flavoring....better than nothing, but I’d recommend the straight up husk).

You’ll also feel better. Your body will begin putting energy into other parts of your life. It’s also nice, cause no ones really allergic to psyllium (that I’m aware of!?)

By the way, one person I told this stuff to tried it, and in turn recommended it to a friend of theirs. Their friend was greatly obese and lost 100+ pounds in less than a year. Just from taking the stuff alone.

Petalpusher
04-09-2021, 02:55 PM
Add long slow paced jogging, make sure you sweat like a pig. Bike is likely crap for your germanic effete metabolism. Then you can show up at the gym when you already have good cardio.

CordedWhelp
04-09-2021, 03:22 PM
Add long slow paced jogging, make sure you sweat like a pig. Bike is likely crap for your germanic effete metabolism. Then you can show up at the gym when you already have good cardio.

Germanic effete metabolism? Lulz

Petalpusher
04-09-2021, 03:28 PM
Germanic effete metabolism? Lulz

euphemism for manboobs, lel.

Wunjoz
04-09-2021, 03:34 PM
Do suitable HIIT for yourself and lower carbs.

Vid Flumina
04-09-2021, 04:00 PM
Either reduce your cal intake (1800-2400 > 1700-2200) or exercise more, even just going to the swimming pool twice a week will do - remember i was getting v. lean (striated chest etc.) without trying or tracking anything when i really got into it few years ago ; pretty effective in my exp. if done properly (1h back and forth at a steady pace each session, no resting)

CordedWhelp
04-09-2021, 04:36 PM
euphemism for manboobs, lel.

No manboobs here, my Gallic friend.

Aldaris
04-09-2021, 05:04 PM

Stop doing this.

Yeah, it's just that simple. People tend to overthink stuff like this because they want to take the easy way without losing comfort. Some years ago, I was more fat than I wanted to be, so I just started to eat less food, without taking all this crap about 'proper nutrition' and stuff like that into consideration at all. And it worked of course.

Tutankhamun
04-09-2021, 06:37 PM
At my highest I had 156 kg then dropped to 126kg now gained weight and have 139kg

I want to be 70 kg but if I'm 110kg I will be happy

What is your height? depending on your height with 90kg it's already good.

Insuperable
04-09-2021, 07:29 PM
It has been said about 1000 times by now what you should do.

CordedWhelp
04-09-2021, 07:30 PM
You can do it, Meade. We expect any latest additions of yours in the Members Pictures Thread (II) to be you buff and in prime Germanic build mode.

Richmondbread
04-09-2021, 11:47 PM
Some people can lose weight on 2500kcal.

Some people need to drop to 1500kcal.

If you're seriously truly honest-to-goodness on 2200kcal and still gaining...

...drop to 2100kcal for 3 weeks and see what the results are.

Sucks but that's genetics for you.

Obviously you should cut out excess sugars and stuff but at the end of the day it's calories in vs calories out and what specifically you eat is just strategy (as in, how to get nutrition without overeating). If your body burns 2500kcal a day it doesn't matter if you eat 2600kcal of pure sugar or 2600kcal of beef, you'll still put on weight (although the sugar will also rot your teeth and leave you severely undernourished).

Remember to take multivitamins.

I'm not gaining, I'm just not losing. Well, I'm losing but I should be losing more. It's not the best idea to lower calories, because that's what everyone does when they reach plateau. You keep lowering and lowering and then you just can't lose anymore after a time. The only other option is the Holocaust diet.1/2 a potato and 1 cup of water.

Longbowman
04-09-2021, 11:50 PM
I'm not gaining, I'm just not losing. Well, I'm losing but I should be losing more. It's not the best idea to lower calories, because that's what everyone does when they reach plateau. You keep lowering and lowering and then you just can't lose anymore after a time. The only other option is the Holocaust diet.1/2 a potato and 1 cup of water.

Well, whatever, not losing, gaining, same difference. Different people need different amounts of food - obviously the average 6"5 man needs more than the average 4"5 woman, for example. You may simple need fewer than 2200 calories.

gixajo
04-10-2021, 12:06 AM
If you are gaining weight, no matter how little that weight loss may seem to you, you are on the right track, but do not expect a radical change in a short time, in all these matters perseverance is needed, I would not draw conclusions until at least a year has passed.

Continued exercise, and food in less quantity and of better quality.

And persevere on the path undertaken, and in the case of deviating punctually from the path, do not abandon, continue.

lei.talk
04-12-2021, 05:06 AM
For example, my highest weight was in November at 305 lbs. I am now 286 lbs in April

this is excellent progress
and the rate recommended by doctors.

I eat between 1800-2400 k average, depending on daily exercise.

At work I do 5 hour shifts about 3x a week and I got a lot of exercise there because I'm constantly on my feet and walking around the whole shift.
So that. Plus, I ride my bike twice a week for an hour.

I count my calories on Fat Secret with an average of 1800-2400 . Most of my food is chicken, tuna, and sandwiches. I avoid chips and fries,
but I have had (some) cookies and ice cream, twice a week.

this is a program that has worked for you
over four months. you can live with it.

it is working. loosing one pound a week
over the next year - means you would weight how much?

The worst part is people think I'm lying or lazy when I'm doing what I should be doing.

ignore them.
one pound per week is excellent results - keep going.

Should I have my hormone levels checked or maybe thyroid?

your program is working for you,
do not tamper with your metabolism.

I think my big mistake is eating too much bread and some meals are too heavy.

I should probably eat smaller meals instead of two large ones.

you are correct.

the same foods in the same total amount
spread over several meals would be healthier.

I'm not gaining, I'm just not losing. Well, I'm losing but I should be losing more.

It's not the best idea to lower calories, because that's what everyone does when they reach plateau.
You keep lowering and lowering and then you just can't lose anymore after a time.

your rate of progress is the recommendation of doctors.

an extreme diet-change can result in death
for an obese person. why change a program that is working for you?

you are winning. one more year.

Jehan
04-12-2021, 06:25 AM
Wait your works 15 hours in the week?

Rumata
04-12-2021, 06:38 AM
Indeed when I got that nasty covid, I lost weight rapidly because I ate much less than normally.

Jehan
04-12-2021, 07:00 AM
Cookies and ice cream twice week is the problem.
It's full of sugar and bad fat. That's what is killing your diet.