PDA

View Full Version : Your VO2max

Lemminkäinen
04-09-2021, 06:51 PM
I tested it by jogging 12 minutes and got a result 35. My goal is 40 during the next summer. I am 72 yo. If you know yours, please tell it. It would be interesting to get references.

Mr.G
04-09-2021, 06:59 PM
This brings back memories, I once participated in a study conducted by the PE department of my college that tested the VO2 max of students. It was a graded exercise bike test and it kicked my ass pretty good. I was hooked up to a breathing mask with a tube that went into a machine, so they could measure very accurately. I can't remember my result but I'm sure it was above average, I was in excellent cardio shape.

Anyway, I don't care about my VO2 max anymore, I'm just happy to exercise to the best of my ability everyday. But good luck to you, it's good to set goals, I am sure you will improve.

Lemminkäinen
04-09-2021, 08:00 PM
This brings back memories, I once participated in a study conducted by the PE department of my college that tested the VO2 max of students. It was a graded exercise bike test and it kicked my ass pretty good. I was hooked up to a breathing mask with a tube that went into a machine, so they could measure very accurately. I can't remember my result but I'm sure it was above average, I was in excellent cardio shape.

Anyway, I don't care about my VO2 max anymore, I'm just happy to exercise to the best of my ability everyday. But good luck to you, it's good to set goals, I am sure you will improve.

I have been tested in a similar way years back. Now I did it using a fitness clock. It uses HR values, weight and jogging speed. Sure not as reliable as using exercise cycle, mask and EKG equipments, but probably good enough to follow exercises and progress.