PDA

View Full Version : Why are Anglos on average darker haired than scandis and north germans?

Florin2000
04-13-2021, 07:46 AM
Infact, i've noticed they might be darker than even Austrians. Why is this?

Universe
04-13-2021, 07:49 AM
Why is the sky blue? Why is the grass green?

Florin2000
04-13-2021, 07:55 AM
Why is the sky blue? Why is the grass green?
Well, on g25 and other autosomal tests Germans are more "med" than anglos yet are significantly lighter.

Benyzero
04-13-2021, 08:12 AM
Well, on g25 and other autosomal tests Germans are more "med" than anglos yet are significantly lighter.

Well, looks like celtic and atlantic people tend to be more dark haired.

Universe
04-13-2021, 08:28 AM
"Germans are significantly lighter than Englishmen". No, they aren't.
There aren't significant differences between Germans and Brits when it comes to hair and eye color:
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?303744-XP-s-Europe-wide-pigmentation-study
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?284957-Light-eyes-map-of-Europe-(detail-scientifically-backed)
They're pretty much the same. On the other hand I'd argue skin color of Brits is lighter.
I think Germans have more Germanic ancestry. Sexual selection is also a thing (selection for light hair and light eyes).

Charlemagne7
04-13-2021, 09:12 AM
Because they are more Germanic. Anglos are lighter than Germans in terms of eye colour and skin tone though, and they also have less med looking people.

Immanenz
04-13-2021, 09:35 AM
just for the reason the Scandos have more snub noses- climate of course :rolleyes2:

Mopi Licinius Crassus
04-13-2021, 10:06 AM

germans are not significantly lighter at all

north germans may be somewhat lighter haired than the brits

but lighter eyed and lighter skinned ...no

Immanenz
04-13-2021, 10:18 AM
germans are not significantly lighter at all

north germans may be somewhat lighter haired than the brits

but lighter eyed and lighter skinned ...no

yes ... but i ve seen it enough people confuse dark hair for dark everything... some post dark haired with light complexion (but not British pale type) as darker than average European, and will post a blonde one with exactly the same complexion as a lighter than average skinned European :picard1: