PDA

View Full Version : Hi to everybody

Leliana
10-13-2011, 10:17 AM
Hi to everybody,

the board asked me for an introduction and here it is. I'm Leliana and I'm interested in European topics and debates, I found the board with the Google search. Um, what else? I'm from Germany and my heritage is South German and Austrian which is basically the same. The Donau which is the longest river in Europe is just outside my room window and I can operate a tiny boat of the family. :) I'm in apprenticeship at the moment and want to study later. My hobbies are the usual ones: Friends, reading, to have a night out, some moderate gaming, daydreaming and to cuddle with my cat or friend. :D

Some topics seem interesting, if I can add something I will try it.

See you later, seize the day!

mymy
10-13-2011, 11:45 AM
Welcome :):thumbs up

Laudanum
10-13-2011, 11:47 AM
Hi! Nice to see a new German here. Enjoy your stay.:)

Sabinae
10-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Welcome to the forum! :)

BillAllan
10-13-2011, 01:22 PM
Welcome

hajduk
10-13-2011, 01:25 PM
Welcome

Eldritch
10-13-2011, 01:34 PM
Welcome on board. :yo:

morski
10-13-2011, 01:44 PM
Welcome:)

Mordid
10-13-2011, 01:50 PM
Welcome.

research_centre
10-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Welcome.

Loddfafner
10-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Wilkommen!

Fortis in Arduis
10-13-2011, 02:43 PM
Hello, and welcome. :)

curiousman
10-13-2011, 08:56 PM
Servus!

jerney
10-13-2011, 09:01 PM
welcome

Hess
10-13-2011, 09:07 PM
Awesome, we need more Northerners on here :thumb001:

Norse Sword
10-13-2011, 09:16 PM
Welcome Lass!

The Lawspeaker
10-13-2011, 09:23 PM
Welkom :)

Leliana
10-13-2011, 09:23 PM
Great, thanks for the general acceptance! But seemingly no other Germans or Austrians, have you eaten them? :scratch: There were some here, the German forum proves it.

The Lawspeaker
10-13-2011, 09:25 PM
Great, thanks for the general acceptance! But seemingly no other Germans or Austrians, have you eaten them? :scratch:
We have Zankapfel though that seems to hang around here so every now and then. And then we have Agrippa and I am quite sure there was another one out there as well.

Leliana
10-13-2011, 09:33 PM
We have Zankapfel though that seems to hang around here so every now and then. And then we have Agrippa and I am quite sure there was another one out there as well.

Cool, maybe I meet them the one day or another. But Zankapfel? Interesting nickname, apple of discord! :D

Magister Eckhart
10-13-2011, 10:17 PM
Grüß Gott!

I'm very pleased to see a German Catholic among us. I will be looking forward to seeing your postings in the future. Out of curiosity, when you say "Patriotisch", what do you mean? There are many different ways to interpret that, especially for a South German -- and especially for a Bavarian, if you are one.

The Lawspeaker
10-14-2011, 05:34 AM
Cool, maybe I meet them the one day or another. But Zankapfel? Interesting nickname, apple of discord! :D
She is a moderator. :thumb001: You will probably like her a lot.

Loki
10-14-2011, 06:55 AM
Welcome! :)

Leliana
10-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Grüß Gott!

I'm very pleased to see a German Catholic among us. I will be looking forward to seeing your postings in the future. Out of curiosity, when you say "Patriotisch", what do you mean? There are many different ways to interpret that, especially for a South German -- and especially for a Bavarian, if you are one.
Many Germans are Catholic, most of us from the south of Germany are. And we have a German pope which gives us more power and voice.:) I'm not a fundamentalist Catholic but moderate in my views, however I believe in the creator, the trinity and Marian devotions. Maria is as important as Jesus. There must be something more to that what science can explain.

I'm Bavarian but some of my ancestors were from Swabia, Württemberg and Oberösterreich. I feel most connected with South Germany and Austria and then with Germany as a collectivity. Does this satisfy your curiosity? :)

Boudica
10-14-2011, 01:54 PM
Hi :)

GeistFaust
10-14-2011, 02:43 PM
Hello there and welcome by the way if you do not mind me asking are you fascinated with fighting or the concept of women fighting?

GeistFaust
10-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Many Germans are Catholic, most of us from the south of Germany are. And we have a German pope which gives us more power and voice.:) I'm not a fundamentalist Catholic but moderate in my views, however I believe in the creator, the trinity and Marian devotions. Maria is as important as Jesus. There must be something more to that what science can explain.

I'm Bavarian but some of my ancestors were from Swabia, Württemberg and Oberösterreich. I feel most connected with South Germany and Austria and then with Germany as a collectivity. Does this satisfy your curiosity? :)

Yes but do you know there is anything more than the empirical world which I observe either in a sensual or intellectual sense. In my opinion it is all there is and if an ontological or metaphysical world its a projection of the physical in which it is completely enveloped in. That means that technically the Matrix of the Metaphysical is trapped within the physical and empirical as thus has corrupted itself by default.

Boudica
10-14-2011, 02:50 PM
Leliana, I know that I have already said hi, but please ignore the user above for now :) he seems to be in a very weird mood. :) happy to have you here!

Peyrol
10-14-2011, 03:14 PM
Hi to everybody,

the board asked me for an introduction and here it is. I'm Leliana and I'm interested in European topics and debates, I found the board with the Google search. Um, what else? I'm from Germany and my heritage is South German and Austrian which is basically the same. The Donau which is the longest river in Europe is just outside my room window and I can operate a tiny boat of the family. :) I'm in apprenticeship at the moment and want to study later. My hobbies are the usual ones: Friends, reading, to have a night out, some moderate gaming, daydreaming and to cuddle with my cat or friend. :D

Welcome to TA, this is a very great forum.

Make yourself ant home ;)

Laubach
10-14-2011, 03:16 PM
Hallo, Wilkommen!! Freut mich!

Sikeliot
10-14-2011, 03:17 PM
This is an introduction thread so I think we should show our respect and welcome the new member, and take any side issues and conversations to private messages. :)

Welcome, by the way if I haven't said so yet.

Magister Eckhart
10-14-2011, 04:18 PM

No, it only piques it more! :D

I certainly don't hold moderate views against you, though if you engage me in debate, it may become quite heated. I'm a traditionalist myself, but generally tolerant of all who seek God's Truth.

Now I am compelled to ask how you feel about the idea of Germany: as a Patriotische Bayerin, do you support Bavarian regionalism and how do you feel about Bavarian independence?

I'm sorry to badger you with so many questions; my favourite German-speaking member stopped posting a while ago, severing my only tie to my Lieblingsland. My own academic focus is in Central Europe, with a particular focus on what I consider the German heartland comprising of Franken, Bayern, Salzburg, Österreich, Schwaben, and Böhmen-Mähren. Indeed, my own ancestors were of Skt. Pölten. So I apologise for my excitement at seeing a new member with ancestral ties here.

Argyll
10-14-2011, 04:24 PM
Hi to everybody,

Well, welcome to The Apricity, dear Germanic sister! :)
Fàilte, Ceud mìle fàilte!

Absinthe
10-14-2011, 04:24 PM
Welcome! :)

Leliana
10-14-2011, 05:21 PM
Hello there and welcome by the way if you do not mind me asking are you fascinated with fighting or the concept of women fighting?
I'm sorry but I don't catch the meaning of your question. Do you ask me if I'm a pacifist? :confused: I believe that there's good and evil in this world, and that the good and the true have to fight for the enforcement and upkeep of the good and the positive. I believe in defence preparedness. :) We must save what is dear to us. Women and men must do their part in it, but it is the task of men to fight the physical part. I don't believe in the concept of women fighting. Our part is important but it's the not the work with the fist.

Yes but do you know there is anything more than the empirical world which I observe either in a sensual or intellectual sense. In my opinion it is all there is and if an ontological or metaphysical world its a projection of the physical in which it is completely enveloped in. That means that technically the Matrix of the Metaphysical is trapped within the physical and empirical as thus has corrupted itself by default.
This passage goes beyond my language proficiency of English. :redface_002: Let's stop here?

I certainly don't hold moderate views against you, though if you engage me in debate, it may become quite heated. I'm a traditionalist myself, but generally tolerant of all who seek God's Truth.
Are you a tradionalist in a fashion of what the Piusbruderschaft represents? Many traditionalists I know disapprove the Second Vatican Council or parts of the decisions made there. What's your attitude on it? I've been to a Catholic Girls School for years and the student body was split between traditionalists, progressivists and non-beliefers. I see myself as being in the middle between traditionalists and progressivists.

Now I am compelled to ask how you feel about the idea of Germany: as a Patriotische Bayerin, do you support Bavarian regionalism and how do you feel about Bavarian independence?
I'm not fully Bavarian, I'm largely Bavarian with Swabian, Württembergian and Austrian parts. As such I'm exceedingly fond of Bavaria, Baden-Württemberg and Austria. These three states should work and cooperate closer with each other. I feel equally at home in Ingolstadt, Linz, Karlsruhe, Augsburg or Wien. Southern German needs, most of all Bavarian needs, are often misinterpreted in the northern parts of Germany and that's an endless source of bickering.

I'm sorry to badger you with so many questions; my favourite German-speaking member stopped posting a while ago, severing my only tie to my Lieblingsland. My own academic focus is in Central Europe, with a particular focus on what I consider the German heartland comprising of Franken, Bayern, Salzburg, Österreich, Schwaben, and Böhmen-Mähren. Indeed, my own ancestors were of Skt. Pölten. So I apologise for my excitement at seeing a new member with ancestral ties here.
No harm taken by your questions. :) Sankt Pölten is a beautiful little town, a relative of mine lives just some 30 kilometers away. It's in Niederösterreich.

Argyll
10-14-2011, 05:23 PM
I'm sorry but I don't catch the meaning of your question. Do you ask me if I'm a pacifist? :confused: I believe that there's good and evil in this world, and that the good and the true have to fight for the enforcement and upkeep of the good and the positive. I believe in defence preparedness. :) We must save what is dear to us. Women and men must do their part in it, but it is the task of men to fight the physical part. I don't believe in the concept of women fighting. Our part is important but not it's the not the work with the fist.

This passage goes beyond my language proficiency of English. :redface_002: Let's stop here?

Are you a tradionalist in a fashion of what the Piusbruderschaft represents? Many traditionalists I know disapprove the Second Vatican Council or parts of the decisions made there. What's your attitude on it? I've been to a Catholic Girls School for years and the student body was split between traditionalists, progressivists and non-beliefers. I see myself as being in the middle between traditionalists and progressivists.

I'm not fully Bavarian, I'm largely Bavarian with Swabian, Württembergian and Austrian parts. As such I'm exceedingly fond of Bavaria, Baden-Württemberg and Austria. These three states should work and cooperate closer with each other. I feel equally at home in Ingolstadt, Linz, Karlsruhe, Augsburg or Wien. Southern German needs, most of all Bavarian needs, are often misinterpreted in the northern parts of Germany and that's an endlass source of bickering.

No harm taken by your questions. :) Sankt Pölten is a beautiful little town, a relative of mine lives just some 30 kilometers away. It's in Niederösterreich.

I think he's talking about your fanatasy character (or is it Leliana from DragonAge?).

GeistFaust
10-14-2011, 05:33 PM
No I was just asking if you like things that have a violent connotation connected with them. Like do you like watching movies that are action packed and full of violence. That's all I am really asking about it just seemed that might be the case because of some of the images you have posted up.

We don't have to talk about religion if you don't want to. I dislike both the traditionalist and progressive movements they are all full of such ungodly characters. I have to put up with a few mostly in the progressive movement that have made me come to abhor religion.

Leliana
10-14-2011, 05:33 PM
I think he's talking about your fanatasy character (or is it Leliana from DragonAge?).
Humm yes, this could be as well but I didn't get the vibe by reading his post. :) Leliana from that game is the origin of my nick and my profile photos. It's a decent game and I like the story there, parts of the religion ingame resemble the conception of Catholic Christianity.

No I was just asking if you like things that have a violent connotation connected with them. Like do you like watching movies that are action packed and full of violence. That's all I am really asking about it just seemed that might be the case because of some of the images you have posted up.
Oh, I like good action movies if the story is fine and the choreography appealing. I'm no nun in disguise if you come from this way. :D

Argyll
10-14-2011, 05:37 PM
Humm yes, this could be as well but I didn't get the vibe by reading his post. :) Leliana from that game is the origin of my nick and my profile photos. It's a decent game and I like the story there, parts of the religion ingame resemble the conception of Catholic Christianity.

I love the Celtic parts and the heathenry of the Elves. I just LOVE the Dailish Elves. But I hate what they did to them in the second game :angry: They looked.....disgusting.

GeistFaust
10-14-2011, 05:45 PM

Oh, I like good action movies if the story is fine and the choreography appealing. I'm no nun in disguise if you come from this way. :D

You did not reply to my one statement about religion but that is understandable. I would like to say that I just have some issues with religious people. Its good to see someone who is religious come around to talk about such issues especially if they are rational and moderate about religion.

Hess
10-14-2011, 05:49 PM
by the way, I have a question for you. Can you generally tell Austrians and South Germans apart by looking at them?

Leliana
10-14-2011, 05:57 PM
by the way, I have a question for you. Can you generally tell Austrians and South Germans apart by looking at them?
What makes you think that? Commonly no, they look the same, but some Austrians who live at the border to Hungary, Slovakia or Slovenia have a more east-European touch. It's marginally. Oh, and some Austrians are more tanned but that comes from the greater sun exposure in higher latitudes and the mountains. :)

Balmung
10-14-2011, 05:57 PM
.....and the Maker shall guide their hand.

She will understand what i'm saying. Oh and welcome.

Magister Eckhart
10-14-2011, 06:05 PM

Wenn meine englisch zu kompliziert oder überflüssig werden, sagen Sie mir bitte. Ich kann deutsch lesen und schreiben, wenn auch mit schlechte Grammatik (ich nenne es doch "freie Grammatik" :P).

Along those lines, though I have my differences with the Piusbruderschaft on their challenge of Church authority. I believe strongly that the problems of the Church can be worked out within the structure of Church bureaucracy designed to solve such problems - I don't think a break-away or protest movement is healthy. This is largely because of my own Conservative tendencies, however. I do agree with them that Vatican II was in error, but Church councils have made errors before; one need only look at the Lateran councils to see how often the Church changed its mind on rite, ritual, and interpretation of non-dogmatic proclamations. The last truly inerrant council was the Second Council of Nicaea. The Church is human, and human necessarily means given to error, so I feel that Christians should be patient with Rome rather than hasty. I appreciate the zeal of the Piusbruderschaft in the same way I appreciate the zeal of Luther, but haste is not a Christian virtue.

I'm not fully Bavarian, I'm largely Bavarian with Swabian, Württembergian and Austrian parts. As such I'm exceedingly fond of Bavaria, Baden-Württemberg and Austria. These three states should work and cooperate closer with each other. I feel equally at home in Ingolstadt, Linz, Karlsruhe, Augsburg or Wien. Southern German needs, most of all Bavarian needs, are often misinterpreted in the northern parts of Germany and that's an endless source of bickering.

They are all beautiful places, and the people there are certainly the best I encountered going to to Europe. I spent most of my time when I visited in München, though I visited Salzburg and Oberammergau as well. I especially remember going to see the Wieskirche -- the irony of all this was that I wasn't a believing Catholic at the time.

How do you feel about the Habsburgs, out of curiosity? I think I can reasonably assume you're no fan of Prussia?

Yes, my ancestors the Daxböch and Hohenthaner families were both from Niederösterreich, the former from Skt. Pölten and the latter from a little backwater called Neidling.

Smaland
10-14-2011, 06:51 PM
Welcome to the forum. :)

Argyll
10-14-2011, 07:33 PM
.....and the Maker shall guide their hand.

She will understand what i'm saying. Oh and welcome.

And you think I don't know? :D

Leliana
10-15-2011, 01:15 PM
Wenn meine englisch zu kompliziert oder überflüssig werden, sagen Sie mir bitte. Ich kann deutsch lesen und schreiben, wenn auch mit schlechte Grammatik (ich nenne es doch "freie Grammatik" :P).
Das ist schon in Ordnung, dein Englisch verstehe ich bisher blendend. Die Frage ist aber ob du meine Antworten verstehen kannst wenn ich sie in Deutsch ausdrücke, oder ob es dir dann nicht doch zu schwer fällt!? Wie gut sind deine Fähigkeiten im Verstehen? Kannst du nachvollziehen was ich gerade schreibe oder stößt das an deine Grenzen? Ich kann mich ja dann bemühen es irgendwie ins Englische zu pressen. :) "Freie Grammatik?" :D Das ist egal solange man versteht was du sagen willst.

Along those lines, though I have my differences with the Piusbruderschaft on their challenge of Church authority. I believe strongly that the problems of the Church can be worked out within the structure of Church bureaucracy designed to solve such problems - I don't think a break-away or protest movement is healthy. This is largely because of my own Conservative tendencies, however.
I also think that an united Christian church would be stronger and more unified which would be advantageous in facing the contemporary problems of Zeitgeist and state of neglect of our people.

I do agree with them that Vatican II was in error, but Church councils have made errors before; one need only look at the Lateran councils to see how often the Church changed its mind on rite, ritual, and interpretation of non-dogmatic proclamations. The last truly inerrant council was the Second Council of Nicaea. The Church is human, and human necessarily means given to error, so I feel that Christians should be patient with Rome rather than hasty.
The Catholic Church is a human institution and flaws or misconceptions are part of life, however I think that structured and steadfast dogmatics and settings are important in a time of discrepancy and randomness. :)

I appreciate the zeal of the Piusbruderschaft in the same way I appreciate the zeal of Luther, but haste is not a Christian virtue.
The Protestant Church of Germany has become strongly liberalist and random, their virtues are more and more irrecognizable and change with the spirit of the age. My view of them is negative.

How do you feel about the Habsburgs, out of curiosity? I think I can reasonably assume you're no fan of Prussia?
The Habsburg monarchy had some advantages but I support the concept of ethnic national states for all the people who belong together. Hungary and others shouldn't have been part of the Habsburg monarchy. I don't like the dominant position Prussia had in previous centuries over Southern Germany and Austria but it's the other way around today. The trouble is that the changed conditions aren't reflected by the positions of powers. Mutual bickering is part of life. Like we say: Angela Merkel is a schiache Kretzn! :zombie00:

Pallantides
10-15-2011, 01:19 PM
Awesome, we need more Northerners on here :thumb001:

Germans are Central Europeans.

The Lawspeaker
10-15-2011, 01:56 PM
Germans are Central Europeans.
Hmmm we would call them West Europeans, Pall. :cool:

Magister Eckhart
10-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Das ist schon in Ordnung, dein Englisch verstehe ich bisher blendend. Die Frage ist aber ob du meine Antworten verstehen kannst wenn ich sie in Deutsch ausdrücke, oder ob es dir dann nicht doch zu schwer fällt!? Wie gut sind deine Fähigkeiten im Verstehen? Kannst du nachvollziehen was ich gerade schreibe oder stößt das an deine Grenzen? Ich kann mich ja dann bemühen es irgendwie ins Englische zu pressen. :) "Freie Grammatik?" :D Das ist egal solange man versteht was du sagen willst.

"stößt das an deine Grenzen" - daß ist ein schöne Phrase. Ja, ich versteh' dich gut. Meine erste deutsch-Lehrerin sprachte Bairisch, deshalb ist es nicht schwer deine Dialekt zuverstehen.

I also think that an united Christian church would be stronger and more unified which would be advantageous in facing the contemporary problems of Zeitgeist and state of neglect of our people.

The greatest problem is the constant shifting of values that deprives them of any real quality of tradition or custom - this is the principal fault of Protestantism and has increasingly been a problem in the Catholic Church ever since the last Council. "Value" is a meaningless word if it changes ever thirty to forty years - the Church must as an institution defend the strength and meaning of the word or values themselves will all become meaningless. I do not agree with Heidegger on many things, but I do agree when he says

"Die Sprache ist das Haus des Seins. In ihrer Behausung wohnt der Mensch. Die Denkenden und Dichtenden sind die Wächter dieser Behausung."

Language defines us, and the more meaningless words become, the more meaningless the things they represent become. "Values" is quickly becoming a meaningless term, as is "ethics" and "virtue" -- what will happen when these words become so overused and misused that they lose their meaning? Everything they represent will become meaningless too - it will be impossible to discern what is a "value", what is "ethics", &c. It worries me greatly.

The Catholic Church is a human institution and flaws or misconceptions are part of life, however I think that structured and steadfast dogmatics and settings are important in a time of discrepancy and randomness. :)

I certainly agree with you, 100 per cent. I also, however, believe that reform is sometimes necessary, as with the Simony and Investiture controversies as well as Indulgences - the Church needs to sit down and discuss these problems. Above all, however, insurrection is evil, for it creates a chaos that cannot be undone and inevitably spreads throughout all facets of society.

The Protestant Church of Germany has become strongly liberalist and random, their virtues are more and more irrecognizable and change with the spirit of the age. My view of them is negative.

This is exactly my problem with Anglicanism and the post-Vatican II Catholic Church.

The Habsburg monarchy had some advantages but I support the concept of ethnic national states for all the people who belong together. Hungary and others shouldn't have been part of the Habsburg monarchy. I don't like the dominant position Prussia had in previous centuries over Southern Germany and Austria but it's the other way around today. The trouble is that the changed conditions aren't reflected by the positions of powers. Mutual bickering is part of life. Like we say: Angela Merkel is a schiache Kretzn! :zombie00:

Patriotisch, indeed! Well, I shan't pester you with further questions. I'm very pleased to have you here and look forward to running into you in other threads. :)

Argyll
10-16-2011, 12:00 AM
I hope you don't mind us traditional heathens. :)

Leliana
10-16-2011, 12:30 AM
I hope you don't mind us traditional heathens. :)
Christians and European traditional heathens yay, radical, intolerant atheists and muslims nay. :)

Has this thanks button something to do with the reputation points or is it a different system? I don't grasp the principle or mechanism yet. :D

Argyll
10-16-2011, 12:50 AM
Christians and European traditional heathens yay, radical, intolerant atheists and muslims nay. :)

Has this thanks button something to do with the reputation points or is it a different system? I don't grasp the principle or mechanism yet. :D

Thanks!! :) It's just a way to show that you like or appreciate thepost.

Laudanum
10-16-2011, 08:24 AM

No, it has nothing to do with reputation points.:P

So in case you like my posts, don't thank them but

GIVE ME SOME FUCKING REPUTATION

:thumbs up

Libertas
10-16-2011, 11:17 AM
Welcome

Germanicus
10-16-2011, 11:29 AM
Hello and welcome to The Apricity:) you have told us in your introduction you are an apprentice, to what are you an apprentice to?
Describe what you do?

Leliana
10-16-2011, 12:21 PM
Hello and welcome to The Apricity:) you have told us in your introduction you are an apprentice, to what are you an apprentice to?
Describe what you do?
Oh it's not an exotic or impressing job. I'm an apprentice to become a management assistant in retail business. But it's not the job I want to do for the rest of my life. If I finish the apprenticeship with good results I receive the matriculation standard and can start studying. I'm interested in German philology, history or philosophy. All of them are good for nothing interests. :D But I don't know which course I want to take later. There're just strange plans.