PDA

View Full Version : New York Gunman Goes on Rampage

Veršandi
04-03-2009, 05:24 PM
Several Shot, Dozens of Hostages Taken at Immigration Center in Upstate New York (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,512441,00.html)

DEVELOPING: Several people were shot Friday and at least 41 hostages taken at an immigration center in upstate New York.

http://www.foxnews.com/images/524866/5_61_040309_binghamton02.jpg

There may be some fatalities in the rampage at the American Civic Association in Binghamton, N.Y., but police declined to say whether that's the case.

Binghamton Police told FOXNews.com that they couldn't confirm whether any of the shooting victims died and wouldn't give the number shot because it was still "an active scene."

But a local hospital said they were treating at least five shooting victims.

Five people with gunshot wounds were being treated at the local Wilson Medical Center, one in critical condition, Christina Boyd, a vice president for community relations, told FOX News.

SWAT team officers have surrounded the building but "they do not have it secured," a Binghamton police spokesman told FOXNews.com.

Hospital staff were in the process of notifying the families, according to Boyd. None of the victims were identified, and there were extra doctors and nurses there to handle the emergency, she said.

SwordoftheVistula
04-03-2009, 06:17 PM
http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20090403/COMMUN05/90403027/1104/COMMUN05

The suspect was described as an Asian male in his 20s, between 5-feet 8-inches and 6 feet tall, wearing a bright green nylon jacket and dark-rimmed glasses.

Broome Community College Assistant Professor Tuong Hung Nguyen was asked to work with police to communicate with the shooter. Nguyen is fluent in Vietnamese.

Barreldriver
04-03-2009, 06:21 PM
Asian immigrant shooting up an organization for Asian immigrants?

http://aaca-boston.org/main.php

plus the speed at which this all happened plus the speed of how fast it hit the media worries me, I know modern tech makes things fast, but shit, some of this stuff seems to hit the media too fast, even with our tech levels.

Atlas
04-03-2009, 06:40 PM
Edit... Piaf :p

Electronic God-Man
04-03-2009, 06:43 PM
An islamist or an insane loner ?

Does Vietnam have many Muslims?

I imagine that he is angry at the immigration center for some reason and is not an "Islamic terrorist". Probably was being faced with deportation or something.

EDIT: The gunman is dead.

Baron Samedi
04-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Damn.... How terrible.

I just now heard about this...

Birka
04-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Damn. I have been to downtown Binghamton, NY many times. Mostly for concerts and ice hockey games at the Broome County Arena. I grew up about 50 or 60 miles away.

Loddfafner
04-03-2009, 09:01 PM
I used to live in Binghamton. It is one hell of a bizarre town. I am surprised it has not hit the news more often for such incidents. If anyone else here is old enough to remember the Twilight Zone, it is the hometown of Rod Serling and so many of the episodes are based on recognizable scenes there that one could consider the Twilight Zone a documentary of the place.

They last hit the news in the early 1970s when there was a major flood. The politicians used the flood relief money for urban renewal in which vibrant neighborhoods were destroyed and replaced by massive hulks of modern architecture that promptly rotted. A gigantic state office building suffered a transformer fire and was closed for many years as a PCP-ridden toxic tower. The hockey stadium is in the midst of that complex. It was a city that commited suicide.

IBM was the main employer and as they declined, they dragged down the whole county with them. Much of the population left. The city imported large numbers of black welfare clients from New York City to boost the population so as to qualify for government money aimed for cities with over 50,000 inhabitants. The imported welfare cases chased off the older inhabitants keeping the population below 50,000 while introducing the remaining population to crack addiction.

As I wrote this a prisoner called who originally came from Binghamton surprised to see his old home on national TV.

bousch
04-03-2009, 09:30 PM
can you people not see whats going on? there working on taking our guns.. they need to take out guns to keep us safe :rolleyes:
rest assured if more cavilians carried guns shit like this wouldnt happen

the police always show up after the fact :cool:

the people that give there guns up, will be slaves to those they gave there guns to :thumb001:

Loki
04-03-2009, 09:59 PM
the people that give there guns up, will be slaves to those they gave there guns to :thumb001:

You mean their? :lightbul:

Edit: and what are cavilians? Cave lions?

bousch
04-03-2009, 10:30 PM
You mean their? :lightbul:

Edit: and what are cavilians? Cave lions?

nope i meant what i said...im a southern boy born on the mason dixie line, ya'll can learn a lot from a red neck :thumb001:

Loki
04-03-2009, 10:51 PM
nope i meant what i said...im a southern boy born on the mason dixie line, ya'll can learn a lot from a red neck :thumb001:

There is no excuse for mother tongue illiteracy among white people in this day and age. So I guess it must be intentional.