PDA

View Full Version : Nuclear Alert in the Scottish Highlands

Argyll
10-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Pinhole leak in pipe sparked Dounreay nuclear alert
Dounreay in Caithness is being demolished in a £2.6bn project Continue reading the main story
Related Stories
Nuclear site finds 'minor' leak
Particle recovery 'could do harm'
Seabed particles were health risk
A pinhole breach of a pipe was responsible for the leak of radioactive fluid at the Dounreay nuclear plant, it has been confirmed.

The radioactive liquid effluent leaked inside a treatment facility at the former reactor in Caithness last week.

No radiation was released and no staff were at risk. Work to replace the pipe is hoped to be completed on Friday.

Dounreay Site Restoration Limited said it could rule out similar future leaks but it highlighted safety precautions.

The leak of radioactive caustic liquor came from a tiny hole in a pipeline being used to gradually empty the former fast breeder reactor in Dounreay's famous dome.

About a litre of fluid leeched out of a section of stainless steal pipe.

Safety systems

An investigation by the Scottish Environment Protection Agency has confirmed that it was all retained within a special containment area.

Operators in radiation suits have removed the faulty pipe and it is due to be replaced on Friday.

DSRL said it could not rule out future leaks but the firm highlighted built-in safety systems which are in place.

Dounreay is currently undergoing a £2.6bn decommissioning process.

Radioactive liquid effluent occurs when a reactor and its equipment are cleaned.

The treatment plant at Dounreay removes some radioactivity from the waste liquid as part of the process.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-15300902

I really hope it doesn't affect the enviroment.

Graham
10-16-2011, 06:38 PM
We also have a radioactive material on Dalgety Bay. Good times, good times :P

Scientists 'refused to analyse Dalgety Bay radiation'

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/east-central/274928-scientists-refused-to-analyse-dalgety-bay-radiation/

16 October 2011 12:08 GM
MoD analysts were 'not keen to work with samples' from the beach where a number of radioactive particles have been found.

Scientists were so worried about the cancer risk from radioactive samples from a Fife beach that they refused to analyse them, it has been revealed.

The revelation came as a further 50 radioactive particles were found on the beach at Dalgety Bay.

Minutes from a meeting between the Scottish Environment Protection Agency and defence chiefs say that Ron Brown, the principal scientist at the MoD's Hampshire laboratory, told the committee that "MoD analysts are not particularly keen to work with these samples due to concerns over dose rates from high-activity samples".

Sepa told STV News that 33 small particles were found on Saturday and a further 17 on Sunday morning. The examination is set to continue next week and the particles found so far are to be sent for analysis.

Environment Secretary Richard Lochhead described the new information as "disturbing".

He said: "I wrote to the previous Secretary of State for Defence yet again last week calling for immediate action and for the MoD to meet its responsibilities, and I will be contacting the new Defence Secretary in light of this disturbing information.

"Public safety is the number one priority, and the MoD must be completely open and transparent. Foot-dragging by MoD officials must not continue to delay a final clean-up."

The beach is thought to be polluted by at least 100 particles a year. A sectiono hsa been closed off since last week.

The meeting between Sepa and MoD scientists took place in March 2009. The details were revealed in the Sunday Herald.

A spokesman for the MoD said: "MoD has been working with Sepa and the Dalgety Bay Forum to resolve the issues at Dalgety Bay. We have supported Sepa's 2011 headland investigation and continue to support Sepa in disposing of any recovered items.

"The work undertaken to date represents MoD's serious commitment to assisting the Dalgety Bay Forum in finding a longer-term strategy for dealing with the radioactive contamination on the foreshore.

"MoD will continue to work with Sepa, the Scottish Executive and the Dalgety Bay Forum to identify the likelihood of residual risks posed and requirement for any remedial action once the details of the most recent Sepa findings are published.

"Should significant risks present themselves in the interim, Sepa has the necessary statutory powers to address these."

Supreme American
10-16-2011, 06:41 PM
I'm always highly skeptical when they say nothing has been released. We had a former nuclear weapons plant near here and they were saying that crap for decades. Ends up a lake downstreak from the place had (literally) glowing fish that were aired on the 5pm local news when people in radiation suits were dredging the lake bottom for cleanup.

Argyll
10-17-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm always highly skeptical when they say nothing has been released. We had a former nuclear weapons plant near here and they were saying that crap for decades. Ends up a lake downstreak from the place had (literally) glowing fish that were aired on the 5pm local news when people in radiation suits were dredging the lake bottom for cleanup.

Glowing fish? :lightbul: I want one!

Argyll
10-17-2011, 12:03 PM
We also have a radioactive material on Dalgety Bay. Good times, good times :P

This stuff kind of reminds me of the whole nuclear thing in Japan too. I, for some reason, thought that that stuff would make a zombie apocolypse :lol: I wasn't EXACTLY thinking, but more of what if :p

Lumi
03-06-2012, 09:32 PM

Actually, they have found radioactive particles at Dounreay outwith the plant.
There was a documentary on nuclear power, and they visited Dounreay at the beginning of decomissioning. There were radioactive particles found in the sand under the water, as well as ones on the beach itself.

Graham
03-06-2012, 09:47 PM
We also have Anthrax Island (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gruinard_Island)

http://foreignpolicy.com/files/fp_uploaded_images/101223_anthrax.JPG
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-X1I-R-SBm1g/TooDnDJO0RI/AAAAAAAAASU/VN2yp6JcD-0/s1600/house+on+gruinard.JPG

Biological warfare testing
In 1942, during the Second World War, Gruinard was the site of a biological warfare test by British military scientists from Porton Down.

At that time there was an investigation by the British government into the feasibility of an attack using anthrax: to test the vulnerability of Britain against a German attack and the viability of attacking Germany with a British bio-weapon.
Given the nature of the weapon which was being developed, it was recognised that tests would cause widespread and long-lasting contamination of the immediate area by anthrax spores. In order to limit contamination a remote and uninhabited island was required. After a survey, Gruinard was deemed suitable and was compulsorily purchased from its owners by the British Government.

The anthrax strain chosen for the Gruinard bioweapons trials was a highly virulent type called "Vollum 14578", named after R.L. Vollum, Professor of Bacteriology at the University of Oxford, who supplied it.
Eighty sheep were taken to the island and bombs filled with anthrax spores were exploded close to where selected groups were tethered. The sheep became infected with anthrax and began to die within days of exposure.
Some of the experiments were recorded on 16 mm colour movie film, which was declassified in 1997. One sequence shows the detonation of an anthrax bomb fixed at the end of a tall pole supported with guy ropes. When the bomb is detonated a brownish aerosol cloud drifts away towards the target animals. A later sequence shows anthrax-infected sheep carcasses being burned in incinerators, following the conclusion of the experiment.

After the tests were completed, British scientists concluded that a large release of anthrax spores would thoroughly pollute German cities, rendering them uninhabitable for decades afterwards.These conclusions were supported by the discovery that after the biological warfare trials had ended, initial efforts to decontaminate the island failed due to the high durability of anthrax spores. For many years, it was judged too hazardous and expensive to decontaminate the island sufficiently to allow public access. As a result, Gruinard Island was quarantined indefinitely. Visits to the island were prohibited, except periodic checks by Porton Down personnel to determine the current level of contamination.

The Journeyman
03-06-2012, 10:10 PM
This is irritating. Is Nuclear power really necessary for such a small nation? Why not harness the power of the ocean and wind? Those alone could provide energy for other parts of the UK as well, no?

Supreme American
03-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Actually, they have found radioactive particles at Dounreay outwith the plant.
There was a documentary on nuclear power, and they visited Dounreay at the beginning of decomissioning. There were radioactive particles found in the sand under the water, as well as ones on the beach itself.

Well I assume they mean particles that can be chemically traced to the plant itself, as opposed to what they now call "natural" background radiation; that is, remainders of fallout from atomic testing, Chernobyl, and the like.

It wouldn't surprise me. I think it WOULD surprise me if nothing was found there. There used to be a nuclear power plant about 70 miles north of here and back when it was up there was more than one incidence when radioactive steam was released from the plant with measurable spikes in radioactivity on the farmlands just outside the plant fence. Of course, they said it was nominal, no threat, etc. I think they released the stuff on purpose.

Lumi
03-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Well I assume they mean particles that can be chemically traced to the plant itself, as opposed to what they now call "natural" background radiation; that is, remainders of fallout from atomic testing, Chernobyl, and the like.

It was definately from the plant itself. They used to dump radioactive waste into the sea from Dounreay.

It wouldn't surprise me. I think it WOULD surprise me if nothing was found there. There used to be a nuclear power plant about 70 miles north of here and back when it was up there was more than one incidence when radioactive steam was released from the plant with measurable spikes in radioactivity on the farmlands just outside the plant fence. Of course, they said it was nominal, no threat, etc. I think they released the stuff on purpose.

It's possible. Either that or, like the USSR did with Chernobyl, tried to cover it up with half truths.

Nglund
03-07-2012, 11:56 PM
Nuke Scotland!

Lumi
03-10-2012, 03:23 PM
If you nuke Scotland, England will get most of the radiation.
Shooting yourself in the foot there, Nglund.

Germanicus
03-10-2012, 04:02 PM
Have you ever wondered why women approaching 40 are advised not to conceive their own babies? This interesting question seems to be rarely addressed in scientific articles. But it’s known that both the viability and numbers of human eggs decline with age, especially after 30 years. It’s likely that one of the main reasons is background radiation. That is, by the time she has reached 40, a woman’s stock of eggs will have received 40 years’ background radiation – including about 40 mGy of gamma radiation. This can result in the number of eggs declining and in the remaining eggs DNA damage mounts up. This means that when older eggs are fertilised, they can result in higher incidences of spontaneous abortions, stillbirths, neonatal deaths or malformed babies.
In Scotland the backgound radiation levels are much higher due to the rock formation age, this may contribute to the high numbers of birth problems of older women.

Nglund
03-10-2012, 04:05 PM

Sure! Let's try it out (http://www.carloslabs.com/node/16)!

Germanicus
03-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Sure! Let's try it out (http://www.carloslabs.com/node/16)!

I enjoyed that, i Nuked Glasgow.:thumb001:

Nglund
03-10-2012, 04:10 PM
I enjoyed that, i Nuked Glasgow.:thumb001:

Try it with an asteroid ;)...

Germanicus
03-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Try it with an asteroid ;)...

I did.... After the asteroid hit Gloucestershire was a hole.:(

Nglund
03-10-2012, 04:16 PM
I did.... After the asteroid hit Gloucestershire was a hole.:(

And where do you think I am in all this mess eh? :dielaughing:

Germanicus
03-10-2012, 04:19 PM
And where do you think I am in all this mess eh? :dielaughing:

A fat man Nuke would be ok for Scotland.:thumb001:

Lumi
03-10-2012, 04:23 PM

Fat Man Scotland and I'll Fat Man England fae France :p

Nglund
03-10-2012, 04:24 PM

Tsar Bomba will do the job :nod:!

Germanicus
03-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Tsar Bomba will do the job :nod:!

No.... i was correct! ... Fat man does a better job. :)

The Lawspeaker
03-10-2012, 04:30 PM
No.... i was correct! ... Fat man does a better job. :)
What about Fat Man'ning London and Edinburgh. ? ;)

Germanicus
03-10-2012, 04:35 PM
What about Fat Man'ning London and Edinburgh. ? ;)

Nope, Nuking London is not an option as much as i'd love to.

Edingurgh is only 11 miles away from Glasgow so i think a fat man bomb would do for the whole of Scotland really!
If i targeted Stirling castle pretty much the whole of Scotland would be in the zone.:)

Lumi
03-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Nuuu, I have friends in Edinburgh and family in London >.<

The Lawspeaker
03-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Nuuu, I have friends in Edinburgh and family in London >.<
After some years we send in our glorious Dutch army and drive the remaining Brits into the Irish Sea and occupy the place and prepare it for colonisation. :thumb001::D

Graham
03-10-2012, 04:40 PM
If you're going to nuke, tell me in advance please. Can get away on holiday. Preferably sun burn rather than radiation burn.

Germanicus
03-10-2012, 04:43 PM
After some years we send in our glorious Dutch army and drive the remaining Brits into the Irish Sea and occupy the place and prepare it for colonisation. :thumb001::D

Like the adverts says "the futures Orange":)

The Lawspeaker
03-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Like the adverts says "the futures Orange":)
Aye ! :D

Lumi
03-10-2012, 04:47 PM
Yeah, let me know in advance if you're gonna nuke us. I'll tell everyone but my biological Mother and Matthew and then run to Finland xD

Germanicus
03-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Yeah, let me know in advance if you're gonna nuke us. I'll tell everyone but my biological Mother and Matthew and then run to Finland xD

No, my wifes family are from Alloa so i'd inform them first.:coffee:

Supreme American
03-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Is there a specific reason Europeans are here advocating nuking other Europeans?

The Lawspeaker
03-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Is there a specific reason Europeans are here advocating nuking other Europeans?
Innocent banter between neighbours. You wouldn't understand. You've got to be European for that. :thumb001:

Lumi
03-10-2012, 04:56 PM

lol, we're joking.
Have you never played Fallout, Lagergeld? xD

Supreme American
03-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Innocent banter between neighbours. You wouldn't understand. You've got to be European for that. :thumb001:

Whenever I advocate nuking someone, I'm serious.

Lumi
03-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Killjoy....

The Lawspeaker
03-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Whenever I advocate nuking someone, I'm serious.
See.. and that's why Americans should stay out of European affairs. Bunch of killjoys. :coffee::thumb001:

Supreme American
03-10-2012, 05:29 PM
See.. and that's why Americans should stay out of European affairs. Bunch of killjoys. :coffee::thumb001:

'Aight den. As you were.

Supreme American
03-10-2012, 05:34 PM
May I offer you all for your European banter some other things from the American arsenal?

F16s, battleships, cruise missiles, fake moon landing, perhaps?

The Lawspeaker
03-10-2012, 05:35 PM
May I offer you all for your European banter some other things from the American arsenal?

F16s, battleships, cruise missiles, fake moon landing, perhaps?
Why not just.. stay out altogether ? :thumb001:

Supreme American
03-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Why not just.. stay out altogether ? :thumb001:

But you're using our nukes! Give 'em back, then!

The Lawspeaker
03-10-2012, 05:40 PM
But you're using our nukes! Give 'em back, then!
Russia has nukes, Britain has nukes, France has nukes. And they made them all by themselves. Now get out.

Supreme American
03-10-2012, 05:43 PM
OH and give Chuck back, too!

http://media.techworld.com/cmsdata/news/3213248/chucknorris.jpg

The Lawspeaker
OH and give Chuck back, too!

http://media.techworld.com/cmsdata/news/3213248/chucknorris.jpg

Just... eff off. :thumb001: Thank you.

Supreme American
Russia has nukes, Britain has nukes, France has nukes. And they made them all by themselves. Now get out.

Don't be a nasty little twat. You know that's US tech.

The Lawspeaker
03-10-2012, 05:45 PM
Don't be a nasty little twat. You know that's US tech.
LOL the Germans were having a nuke program before the US had and the Manhattan Program was made possible by refugees from Germany, British scientists and even some Russian input.

The Americans were not having a nuke program of any sort in the 1930s while the British (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_nuclear_weapons) and Germans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_nuclear_energy_project#Exploitation_and_den ial) were already very interested in it. Even the Dutch were theoretically looking into it.

Supreme American
03-10-2012, 05:46 PM
Just... eff off. :thumb001: Thank you.

Y'know, it's not so manly to be so dependent on US-invented technologies. Seriously.

Are you aware of the dreaded Pentagon's role in developing the internet? :eek:

Supreme American
03-10-2012, 05:47 PM
LOL the Germans were having a nuke program before the US had and the Manhattan Program was made possible by refugees from Germany, British scientists and even some Russian input.

The Americans were not having a nuke program of any sort in the 1930s while the British and Germans were already very interested in it. Even the Dutch were looking into it.

Yadda. The US is loaded with European immigrants, what is new? What matters is

http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/manhattan-project-1.jpg

The Lawspeaker
03-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Yadda. The US is loaded with European immigrants, what is new? What matters is

http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/manhattan-project-1.jpg
The Germans would have held their first nuclear test in London if it hadn't been for the British and Norwegians (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_heavy_water_sabotage). Now fuck off, yank.

And when it comes to the internet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Internet#Precursors)...

Lumi
03-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Chill, guys.
Lagergeld, stop threatening people with nukes on a serious level.
Civis, don't rise to it.

Graham
03-10-2012, 09:15 PM
lol, we're joking.
Have you never played Fallout, Lagergeld? xD

Might give that game a go. Heard it's like the Elder Scrolls games, but post apocalyptic, futuristic with guns. Can't be too bad.

Supreme American
03-10-2012, 09:25 PM
The Germans would have held their first nuclear test in London if it hadn't been for the British and Norwegians (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_heavy_water_sabotage). Now fuck off, yank.

And when it comes to the internet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Internet#Precursors)...

Uh huh. Nukes in Europe are of American design, why deny it? We ALL know where the technology came from. Europeans did not invent a working atomic bomb. Bottom line: You, like frankly so many third worlders I see, slam the US at every turn yet refuse to give up what we've given you, it nothing else insisting that some crime we've committed entitles you unhindered access.

Congratulations, you are behaving like a common wetback or sand nigger.

As for the rest, if you care to read your own article on internet precursors:

1) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARPANET) The Advanced Research Projects Agency Network (ARPANET), was the world's first operational packet switching network and the core network of a set that came to compose the global Internet. The network was funded by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DARPA) of the United States Department of Defense for use by its projects at universities and research laboratories in the US. The packet switching of the ARPANET was based on designs by Lawrence Roberts of the Lincoln Laboratory.[1]

and 2), from your own article:

"In October 1962, Licklider was hired by Jack Ruina as Director of the newly established Information Processing Techniques Office (IPTO) within DARPA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DARPA), with a mandate to interconnect the United States Department of Defense's main computers at Cheyenne Mountain, the Pentagon, and SAC HQ. There he formed an informal group within DARPA to further computer research. He began by writing memos describing a distributed network to the IPTO staff, whom he called "Members and Affiliates of the Intergalactic Computer Network". As part of the information processing office's role, three network terminals had been installed: one for System Development Corporation in Santa Monica, one for Project Genie at the University of California, Berkeley and one for the Compatible Time-Sharing System project at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)."

Sorry, Charlie. Now get on with your nuclear banter.

Supreme American
03-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Might give that game a go. Heard it's like the Elder Scrolls games, but post apocalyptic, futuristic with guns. Can't be too bad.

Guns? Must be American. Wild West shootouts and all that. Degenerates! :mad:

The Lawspeaker
03-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Lagergeld I am getting tired of your crap. The first system that was the precursor of the internet was the cable system that linked the world together. Which was also European. When it comes to the nukes:

Enrico Fermi (Italian-born)

Albert Einstein (Jewish - born in Germany)

Robert Oppenheimer (Jewish - born in the United States)

Niels Bohr (Danish)

Richard Feynman (Jewish - born in the United States)

Samuel Goudsmit (Jewish - born in the Netherlands)

Leslie Groves (United States)

Leó Szilárd (Jewish - born in Hungary).

3 Americans. 2 of which Jewish.

And when it comes to the nuke program and the rockets after World War 2 (rockets being a German invention): Operation Paperclip. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip)

Rockets ? Think about Wernher von Braun (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernher_von_Braun) (German).

Supreme American
03-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Lagergeld I am getting tired of your crap. The first system that was the precursor of the internet was the cable system that linked the world together. Which was also European. When it comes to the nukes:

All living in the US and therefore Americans and not Europeans in your book.

Unfortunately, you have a penchant for mean-spirited trolling here which disrupts many threads and derails such as this thread which was supposed to be light-hearted. I'd like to put you on ignore, but the message I get is

Sorry Civis Batavi is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.

The Lawspeaker
03-10-2012, 09:40 PM
All living in the US and therefore Americans and not Europeans in your book.

Unfortunately, you have a penchant for mean-spirited trolling here which disrupts many threads and derails such as this thread which was supposed to be light-hearted. I'd like to put you on ignore, but the message I get is

Sorry Civis Batavi is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.

LOL. Let me tell you one thing: that's your American fantasy. NO ONE LIVING IN EUROPE APART FROM EUROPEANS ARE EUROPEANS. That's right: the only way to be a Dutchman is to be born as one. (JUS SANGUINIS).

So on to the next thing: your continuous lying: your problem is this. You haven't created white children when you had the chance and you're so frustrated about it that you put it on other people. If you would had taken your frustrations to my forum I would have kicked you out a long time ago and recommended you to visit a shrink.

Supreme American
03-10-2012, 09:52 PM
LOL. Let me tell you one thing: that's your American fantasy. NO ONE LIVING IN EUROPE APART FROM EUROPEANS ARE EUROPEANS. That's right: the only way to be a Dutchman is to be born as one. (JUS SANGUINIS).

So on to the next thing: your continuous lying: your problem is this. You haven't created white children when you had the chance and you're so frustrated about it that you put it on other people. If you would had taken your frustrations to my forum I would have kicked you out a long time ago and recommended you to visit a shrink.

Unfortunately your bag of tricks and deflections is shallow and you keep pulling the same retarded crap out when you're cornered. So which is it? Are you mod or admin? I'd guess admin.

Either way, it's rather disappointing to see someone so mean-spirited as a member of staff here.

The Lawspeaker
03-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Unfortunately your bag of tricks and deflections is shallow and you keep pulling the same retarded crap out when you're cornered. So which is it? Are you mod or admin? I'd guess admin.

Either way, it's rather disappointing to see someone so mean-spirited as a member of staff here.
I own a social group as an admin, yes. Your problem is this: what you notice is that your obsession with another race doesn't work and you spewing your retarded, shallow, repetitive bullshit doesn't work with someone whose country has history when it comes to travelling and trading in that area.

Supreme American
03-10-2012, 10:22 PM
I own a social group as an admin, yes. Your problem is this: what you notice is that your obsession with another race doesn't work and you spewing your retarded, shallow, repetitive bullshit doesn't work with someone whose country has history when it comes to travelling and trading in that area.

No, you are an admin of this forum. I own a social group myself and that doesn't mean I am listed as staff here that people cannot set on ignore --- deflections or no. That's a really weak explanation. Really.

The Lawspeaker
03-10-2012, 10:23 PM
No, you are an admin of this forum. I own a social group myself and that doesn't mean I am listed as staff here that people cannot set on ignore --- deflections or no. That's a really weak explanation. Really.
That's peculiar because I own that social group but I can't do anything else. Maybe there is an error in my powers but I hold no powers here.

Supreme American
03-10-2012, 10:35 PM
That's peculiar because I own that social group but I can't do anything else. Maybe there is an error in my powers but I hold no powers here.

I just had another user set me to their ignore list since I likewise "admin" a user group.

Guess what? I was successfully added to that person's ignore list.

You're a liar. But then again, you frequently are, anyway.

The Lawspeaker
03-10-2012, 10:41 PM
I just had another user set me to their ignore list since I likewise "admin" a user group.

Guess what? I was successfully added to that person's ignore list.

You're a liar. But then again, you frequently are, anyway.
You should ask Loki. I haven't got a clue.

Supreme American
03-10-2012, 10:46 PM
You should ask Loki. I haven't got a clue.

I find it amusing how your hostile tone has suddenly softened. I know better, I just don't appreciate the trolling and the games. At least posters here should be allowed to set you on ignore.

Graham
03-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Nuke this thread, tsar bomba. BOOOM!! FUCK YE TAE FUCK!

Albion
03-15-2012, 03:41 AM

The winds generally blow towards Norway.

Radiation is everywhere at low levels in nature too, there's radioactive rocks in Britain, generally the volcanic granites which are abundant in Scotland, Wales and Cornwall. In fact, some people actually got concerned about granite worktops because of that.

In Cornwall some houses have to have a special membrane between the house and the ground since radiation from the rocks below sometimes builds up and can make people ill.

Some radioactive discharges from such plants will linger for 30 years, others will be more like 3,000 or more depending on the element.

Albion
03-15-2012, 04:02 AM

Britain uses American nukes and can in theory use them if its territory is invaded according to the agreement. I think American can use them too though if they request to.

Britain could bring back its programme though, but it was easier to just pay the Yanks and have shared the research and tech in return for the discount.
I do wonder if France would ever sell theirs, we're already allowing them to build and run our next generation of nuclear power stations.

Nah, I'd have established my rebel kingdom in the Pennines by then. The Dutch would get dazed and confused by all the hills.
You can have East Anglia instead. ;)

The Lawspeaker
03-15-2012, 04:05 AM
Nah, I'd have established my rebel kingdom in the Pennines by then. The Dutch would get dazed and confused by all the hills.
You can have East Anglia instead. ;)
We will send them all in: all five men and the catapult. ;)