PDA

View Full Version : Are these phenotypes present in Germany?

Sikeliot
10-15-2011, 11:32 PM
All of these people are English.

1) http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2702/4484997738_220f7db809_m.jpg

2)http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4012/4484346233_f096362997_m.jpg

3)http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2753/4484346311_e358a8d36a_m.jpg

4)http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2727/4484996554_a8fb192f85_m.jpg

5)http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4031/4484345103_f7da862799_m.jpg

6)http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2617/4153551452_f1cfc2f204_m.jpg

7)http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2724/4152788981_69e21df9f9_m.jpg

Logan
10-15-2011, 11:41 PM
Different populations so different mixtures. I would think not all. We await an observant German.

http://www.blogthingsimages.com/howobservantareyouquiz/observant-c.jpg

GeistFaust
10-15-2011, 11:49 PM
1 and 2 can in the North-Western/Northern sector and this seems to be the case with most British peoples. It probably has to do with the influences the Danes and Anglo Saxon to a lesser extent left on the Eastern Coast of England and Scotland.

3 and 4 look more stereotypically British Islander with the 3rd one being some sort of Brunn + North Atlantid and the 4th one being a NordoMediterranid Atlantid. I could see the third one in Benleux and the 4th one in France.

5 and 6 could fit into the region around the Netherlands, Flanders, and the Rhineland approximately with the one girl looking like some sort of Alpinoid/Keltic-Nordic and the guy looking like some sort of Norid/Keltic-Nordic with Borreby influences. The 7th one could probably fit more or less into the Netherlands, Rhineland, and Northwestern Germany.

The First one looks like she could fit in Germany the most. The second one to a lesser extent and the others more or less would fit more into the Netherlands, Flanders, and France than in Germany per se. The problem with trying to compare populations with each other is that phenotypes are not merely local phenomenons. They are regional in their orientation and you can find a Borreby a few times eventually in England or Scotland that might look more German or Danish.

If you randomly select from a population a certain set of individuals you will find that the diversity represented will most likely show an overlap between different ethnic groups. Sometimes this overlap will merely be a coincidence due to certain evolutionary process or it will be due to interaction between different groups of people.

At the same time you could say ironically that the regional basis for phenotypes is determined at the local level. This is to say that Borrebys are commonly found in the West-Central and Northwestern part of Germany while in England they are commonly found in Anglia, York, and Northumberland primarily. This means that the connection English Borrebys and German Borrebys share with each other only correlate on a local level.

Leliana
10-16-2011, 12:19 AM
Some people look like 5) or 7) but the rest is not common in my country. 2), 3) and 4) look like usual immigrants from Eastern Europe but these people aren't German.

GeistFaust
10-16-2011, 12:34 AM
Some people look like 5) or 7) but the rest is not common in my country. 2), 3) and 4) look like usual immigrants from Eastern Europe but these people aren't German.

I do respect your opinion since you actually live in Germany. That said I do not think you could deny that 1 and 2 look Central/Northern European. They both are Borrebys and this does not necessitate they are Central/Northern Europeans. That said their particular look General at least to the examples I have acquainted myself look that way. I can be terribly wrong but this is merely an educated guess which I am positing. The two examples you think are Eastern European look more like they come from France or the British Isles.

Leliana
10-16-2011, 12:38 AM
I do respect your opinion since you actually live in Germany. That said I do not think you could deny that 1 and 2 look Central/Northern European. They both are Borrebys and this does not necessitate they are Central/Northern Europeans. That said their particular look General at least to the examples I have acquainted myself look that way. I can be terribly wrong but this is merely an educated guess which I am positing. The two examples you think are Eastern European look more like they come from France or the British Isles.
1) could be more common in the northern parts of Germany but not where I live. She looks more Dutch than anything else. However 2) is downright alien and I assure you that this is no common sight among Germans.

I don't mind if you agree or disagree with me but I'm actually living in the country we're talking about. ;)

GeistFaust
10-16-2011, 12:44 AM
1) could be more common in the northern parts of Germany but not where I live. She looks more Dutch than anything else. However 2) is downright alien and I assure you that this is no common sight among Germans.

I don't mind if you agree or disagree with me but I'm actually living in the country we're talking about. ;)

I already acknowledged this fact. I do think that my theoretical acquaintance opposed to your practical acquaintance with Germans assuredly puts me at a disadvantage to your own perspective. I am just trying to do my best at acknowledging possible connections based off of educated guesses from my studies. By the way do you think the Second Girl looks more Polish or Ukrainian. That is just the assumption I would make based off what you said.

Leliana
10-16-2011, 12:48 AM
I already acknowledged this fact. I do think that my theoretical acquaintance opposed to your practical acquaintance with Germans assuredly puts me at a disadvantage to your own perspective.
Uhm hum...:wtf Keep it simple.

I am just trying to do my best at acknowledging possible connections based off of educated guesses from my studies.
Great! I'm not standing in your way.

By the way do you think the Second Girl looks more Polish or Ukrainian. That is just the assumption I would make based off what you said.
I don't know, maybe more Polish.

GeistFaust
10-16-2011, 12:56 AM
Uhm hum...:wtf Keep it simple.

Great! I'm not standing in your way.

I don't know, maybe more Polish.

Yes I was just saying that my theoretical guessing was inferior to your practical knowledge. That is approximating individuals as belonging to this or that group of my experience within in pictures puts me at a disadvantage when it comes your practical and actual experience with this particular group of people. No problem your not standing in the way I never was implying that I was just saying I can only take an inferior stance to your own. I do believe that my own possesses an advantage over your practical experience which might cause you to ignore and pay attention to the more specific details. I still think that girl looks more Western and Northern than Polish. ;)

Mordid
10-16-2011, 10:26 AM
I already acknowledged this fact. I do think that my theoretical acquaintance opposed to your practical acquaintance with Germans assuredly puts me at a disadvantage to your own perspective. I am just trying to do my best at acknowledging possible connections based off of educated guesses from my studies. By the way do you think the Second Girl looks more Polish or Ukrainian. That is just the assumption I would make based off what you said.

No, she doesn't look Polish at all.

Davy Jones's Locker
10-17-2011, 01:37 PM

How big is the difference between North Germany & where you live?

Agrippa
10-17-2011, 07:30 PM
I see most of these faces on an almost daily bases in all areas of Germany. Those variants are not even that uncommon, but they are, especially in certain areas, less common (than in England).

If I would see them, I would think they look more English than German, but if they speak German, I wouldn't question their ancestry, since such variants can be seen.

More typically English and less typically German look 1, 4, 5 in particular. They look definitely more English than German, but again, you can find such variants among Germans too in my opinion, yet they have more clearly what you might call "an English national face".

3 and 7 are more common faces in German lands I'd say, rest is in between.

jerney
10-17-2011, 07:33 PM

The first thing that popped into my head for #1 before I read any text was "she looks super English" :shrug:

Nglund
10-17-2011, 07:39 PM
All of these people are English.
7)http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2724/4152788981_69e21df9f9_m.jpg

I once met a german dude who looked quite similar to this person (only with fairer features)...I remember telling him he wouldn't look out of place in England.
I guess I was right :eek::eek::eek: