PDA

View Full Version : Robert Downey Jr. Asks Hollywood to "Forgive" Mel Gibson

Chip Farley
10-16-2011, 05:37 PM
http://www.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/articles/45824-robert-downey-jr-asks-hollywood-to-forgive-mel-gibson/1318695246_mel-gibson-robert-downey--b.jpg

Mel Gibson has a real friend in Robert Downey Jr.

Friday night Downey, 46, accepted an American Cinematheque Award in Beverly Hills, and the actor used his time on stage to ask Hollywood to forgive Gibson, 55.

"Unless you are without sin -- and if you are, you are in the wrong f**king industry -- you should forgive him and let him work," the Iron Man star said.

http://www.usmagazine.com/moviestvmusic/news/robert-downey-jr-asks-hollywood-to-forgive-mel-gibson-20111510

research_centre
10-16-2011, 05:41 PM
http://www.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/articles/45824-robert-downey-jr-asks-hollywood-to-forgive-mel-gibson/1318695246_mel-gibson-robert-downey--b.jpg

Mel Gibson has a real friend in Robert Downey Jr.

Friday night Downey, 46, accepted an American Cinematheque Award in Beverly Hills, and the actor used his time on stage to ask Hollywood to forgive Gibson, 55.

"Unless you are without sin -- and if you are, you are in the wrong f**king industry -- you should forgive him and let him work," the Iron Man star said.

http://www.usmagazine.com/moviestvmusic/news/robert-downey-jr-asks-hollywood-to-forgive-mel-gibson-20111510

I find this absolutely pathetic for both of them.

Norse Sword
10-16-2011, 05:46 PM
Hollywood is a bastion and perfect example of what disease has rocked the western world.

Those monkeys can't even come up with new concepts for movies!

Remakes of "Footloose" and the "Thing" ?

They should stick to the boring and predictable constant bombardment of "Evil Nazi, poor jew rehash of WW2 movies".

At least those were original pieces of shit.

Chip Farley
10-18-2011, 03:38 PM
I find this absolutely pathetic for both of them.

It does put the revenge-prone, wrathful Jew on the spot though. :D

research_centre
10-18-2011, 03:40 PM

Only for a good laugh most likely.

Chip Farley
10-18-2011, 04:11 PM

Only for a good laugh most likely.

Imagine some Freeper Christian Zionist hears Downeys comments... they then thinks to himself 'hmmm Jesus said we are supposed to be forgiving,but these Jews are not... hmm...'

It is moments like that where the cognitive dissonance is almost to much for many Christian-Zionists to contain and they can then make a break-through to full fledged anti-semitism.

Jake Featherston
10-23-2011, 02:55 AM
Downey is one of the relatively few Hollywood actors who's work I find very enjoyable; the mere fact he is in a movie is often enough to transform something mediocre into something good. And I like Mel Gibson very much too. I'm glad to see Downey sticking up for his friend here.

Contra Mundum
10-23-2011, 03:03 AM
I guess Hollywood is code for "The Jews" because that is who is angry at Mel Gibson. Of course Downey didn't have the balls to say that. His career is thriving at the moment.

Jake Featherston
10-23-2011, 03:07 AM
Of course Downey didn't have the balls to say that. His career is thriving at the moment.

He said the right thing, but he didn't say it the right way (and lots of Gentile Hollywood liberals are angry at Gibson too, it should be noted).

This is why we can't have nice things...

Cedric
10-23-2011, 03:11 AM
I actually think it's quite a commendable thing for RDJ to do.

Contra Mundum
10-23-2011, 03:28 AM
He said the right thing, but he didn't say it the right way (and lots of Gentile Hollywood liberals are angry at Gibson too, it should be noted).

This is why we can't have nice things...

If there are non-Jews in Hollywood angry at Gibson it's probably more about his Christianity, or they're just bashing him to win favor from the mega media companies controlled by Jews.

Some were brave enough to defend him, including Jodie Foster and Whoopi Goldberg.

8ccAPIEfAIU

The Jew Joan Rivers is upset at Whoopi
gMb69Du9fdM

O'Reilly attacks the "Masters" who control Hollywood who are attacking Gibson in debate with the Jew Geraldo Rivera
p4PEMjI_ACw

Templar
10-23-2011, 03:31 AM
The Passion of the Christ is the real reason why Hollywood hates Mel Gibson. With all the carp Hollywood dishes out the Hollywood establishment just couldn’t accept the fact that his Masterpiece, The Passion of the Christ, has grossed over $775 million to date.

In their eyes, that is Mel’s real sin.

Cedric
10-23-2011, 03:33 AM
Mel Gibson must have nine lives. It's truly phenomenal how he continues to bounce back each time lol.

Contra Mundum
10-23-2011, 03:37 AM
The Passion of the Christ is the real reason why Hollywood hates Mel Gibson. With all the carp Hollywood dishes out the Hollywood establishment just couldn’t accept the fact that his Masterpiece, The Passion of the Christ, has grossed over $775 million to date.

In their eyes, that is Mel’s real sin.

The hatred of Gibson started with that movie. It enraged the kikes and they went after him relentlessly. I don't think it was just a coincidence a Jewish cop pulled him over. How many cops are Jews? He was probably stalking him. There were reports someone at a party Gibson was attending called that police officer to let him know Gibson had been drinking and would be driving.

Contra Mundum
10-23-2011, 03:38 AM
Mel Gibson must have nine lives. It's truly phenomenal how he continues to bounce back each time lol.

He's bounced back? Has he directed or starred in a successful movie recently?

Jake Featherston
10-23-2011, 04:07 AM
He's bounced back? Has he directed or starred in a successful movie recently?

He just starred in "The Beaver." it wasn't that great a movie, but not for lack of a big budget, or cast. It was simply a run-of-the-mill flop, but yeah, he recently starred in a major motion picture (it came out around May or so).

Contra Mundum
10-23-2011, 04:10 AM
He just starred in "The Beaver." it wasn't that great a movie, but not for lack of a big budget, or cast. It was simply a run-of-the-mill flop, but yeah, he recently starred in a major motion picture (it came out around May or so).

I'm aware of that, it was directed by his friend Jodie Foster, I didn't go to see it because it received terrible reviews. He hasn't made a successful movie in years. He hasn't bounced back at all and probably never will.

Curtis24
10-23-2011, 04:38 AM
He makes good movies, so yes, he should be forgiven.

Aces High
10-23-2011, 09:49 AM
I think Mel Gibson is s shit actor and makes shit films.....and whenever i hear his pretend US accent it makes me want tp puke.....although not as much as Sean Beans pretend US accent which is even worse.
Plus he was king of the mullets for years.

Downey is a good actor,i liked him in wonder boys.

The Journeyman
10-23-2011, 09:50 AM
He grew up in Brooklyn. The American accent is real. ;)

Aces High
10-23-2011, 09:54 AM
Sounds like an Aussie to me.

yguELl0XrE8

The Journeyman
10-23-2011, 09:59 AM
Sure, but he picked up the American accent pretty well. He lived in Australia and the US when he was young. In his later movies like Man Without a Face and The Patriot, there's no hint of an Aussie accent.

Aces High
10-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Whatever...anyway he deserves to be hung drawn and quartered for the above hairstyle........three hairstyles in one deserve no mercy.

Theres some bon jovi going on there....theres a bit of Chris Waddle and also a mullet at the back....wtf was he thinking of...?

The Journeyman
10-23-2011, 10:04 AM
It's probably the Gandolfini effect. I can't take any other characters James Gandolfini portrays seriously unless he uses the Jersey accent.

Aces High
10-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Yes quite a few actors get typecast,probably because they arent very good actors anyway....like Gandolfini.

There are some exceptions who can carry a film and change accents and styles,Downey being one,kevin spacey and Malkovic being another couple because they are very good actors.

The Journeyman
10-23-2011, 10:21 AM
...and Tommy Wiseau

ISXiFJS9D5A

Aces High
10-23-2011, 10:32 AM
Intense.....:D

Jake Featherston
10-23-2011, 10:28 PM
Sounds like an Aussie to me.

He's an American who moved to Australia while he was a schoolboy. He presently holds the farce known as "dual citizenship," I believe.

Gratis
10-24-2011, 06:58 AM
Sure, but he picked up the American accent pretty well. He lived in Australia and the US when he was young. In his later movies like Man Without a Face and The Patriot, there's no hint of an Aussie accent.

He was 12 when he moved to Australia. The American accent would come more naturally to him than the Australian one.

Jake Featherston
10-26-2011, 02:33 AM
Whatever...anyway he deserves to be hung drawn and quartered for the above hairstyle........three hairstyles in one deserve no mercy.

Theres some bon jovi going on there....theres a bit of Chris Waddle and also a mullet at the back....wtf was he thinking of...?

He was probably thinking it was 1987. And he was correct.