PDA

View Full Version : Which main physical features did Balkan slavs inherit from their Balkanic DNA compared to East Euro?

Florin2000
06-10-2021, 12:13 PM
A lot of balkan slavs look like Basque-Slavs to me. Some notable like Luka Modric

FriendlyComrade
06-10-2021, 12:17 PM
To sum the features from the Paleo-Balkanic component up: colouring, nose shape and in some cases hair texture.

Florin2000
06-10-2021, 12:23 PM
To sum the features from the Paleo-Balkanic component up: colouring, nose shape and in some cases hair texture.

I'd say the nose the most. Interestingly a lot of Balkan slavs seemed completely slavic looking to me until i've learned a bit about race.

The huge nose combined with blond hair might be a bigger "hybrid" giveaway than say only brown eyes and dark hair since a fair number of EE slavs have those but not the nose, their wide & snub noses are extremely common.

Florin2000
06-10-2021, 12:26 PM
I'd say the nose the most. Interestingly a lot of Balkan slavs seemed completely slavic looking to me until i've learned a bit about race.

The huge nose combined with blond hair might be a bigger "hybrid" giveaway than say only brown eyes and dark hair since a fair number of EE slavs have those but not the nose, their wide & snub noses are extremely common.

i've also noticed that SS tend to be more lean and with skinnier cheeks.