PDA

View Full Version : How well travelled are you?

Homo Insapiens
07-05-2021, 02:24 PM
How many cities/towns, regions, countries and continents have you been to and lived in? Do you have a most and least favorite place you’ve visited and lived in? Where would you recommend and not recommend visiting and living in? Do you have any amazing or bad experiences worth sharing? Where are you most keen as well as not keen on visiting next?

alnortedelsur
07-05-2021, 03:22 PM
No that much. I have only been and lived in Venezuela, Spain and US. I also visited Aruba few days when I was a child; and as an adult, I spent a week in UK visiting a sister of mine who was living in London.

Then, I have made flight stops in the international Airports of Cork and Dublin, in Ireland, Paris Orly, and Frankfurt, Germany. But those have been only flight stops.

In Spain, I have been to Mallorca, Ibiza, Barcelona and Madrid; and in US I have made long road trips through most states east of Mississippi river, plus Arkansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Oklahoma and Texas. Aside that I lived in Houston Texas, Boston Massachusetts, Indiana and Ohio.

Most favorite place in Spain (out of the ones I have been to): Madrid.

Most favorite place here in US: Massachusetts.

Blondie
07-05-2021, 03:27 PM
In summer i lived in München between June and August when i was on vacation. I moved there in every summer to my grandparents, but i was young so i didn't go to pubs or anything, i was mostly in the house (or in the garden) and i walked on the streets. München is more cleaner and safer than Budapest, the peoples and the city were nice but a little bit more cold and distant.
I didn't live in other places, i just travelled to many place for a short time 3-10 days with my family or my friends. I have been to Italy, Greece, Austria, Slovakia, Croatia, and some other places outside of Europe. To be honest i didn't see any place which has better nightlife than Budapest. My next travel destination is Spain, i will go there in August.

Arūnas
07-05-2021, 03:31 PM
my next goal is Belarus

Tooting Carmen
07-05-2021, 03:34 PM
I have lived mostly in different parts of the UK, but I spent a year in Spain (Zaragoza) as part of my degree. I have travelled to all countries and regions of the UK at least once apart from NE England. I have visited the Irish Republic a few times too, not least because my brother-in-law comes from there. In Continental Europe I have been to Paris, Dieppe, different places in the PAC region, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Southern Sweden, Berlin, Western Germany, Porto, Lisbon, Madeira, Gran Canaria, Madrid, Castilla y Leon, Aragon, Catalonia, Andalusia, Galicia, Geneva, Venice, Rome, Sicily and Istanbul (if that counts). In the Americas I have visited NYC, Miami, Costa Rica, different parts of Colombia, Santiago de Chile, Puerto Montt/Puerto Varas in Southern Chile, Bariloche in Patagonia, Buenos Aires, Iguassu Falls, Rio de Janeiro and the RJ coastal towns of Paraty and Trindade. In Europe I especially like Madrid, Barcelona and Istanbul. In the Americas I especially like Miami, Cartagena de Indias and Buenos Aires.

Homo Insapiens
07-05-2021, 03:39 PM
I should add mine as the OP:

As of the date of this post, I’ve visited or lived in:

As I was born in and grew up in Southeast Asia and am half-white half-Southeast Asian, it’s probably logical that most of the countries I’ve been to or lived in are in Asia:

In Asia:

Thailand, Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, The Philippines, China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Dubai, Syria, Israel, Palestine

In Europe:

Netherlands, France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy

In Western Hemisphere:

USA (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Hawaii) Canada (Ontario, Nova Scotia, British Columbia), Hawaii (if that counts as Western Hemisphere)

In Oceania:

Australia (Perth, Brisbane, Gold & Sunshine Coasts), Papua New Guinea, Hawaii

What does that make it, 30, 31, or 32 countries I’ve been to or lived in total as of this date?

I’m hoping to be able to say that I’ve been to all continents one day. Still wondering how I’ll achieve that. But traveling has never been a very easy or affordable thing to do. It’s little wonder why people rarely travelled until recent times. Nearly all my travels have been with my family, who financed it or were financed themselves of course. Still not sure how I’m going to save up enough to travel myself. But I still think traveling is good for you, I think it’s a learning experience, adds to our knowledge and opens up the mind.

Andullero
07-05-2021, 03:42 PM
Not as much as I would have liked, but anyway: the US (NY, NJ, FL), Puerto Rico, Cuba, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Brazil (Río, Sao Paulo and Brasilia), France (Toulouse and Marseille), Spain (Barcelona, Madrid, Valencia, Santiago and Coruña), Canada (Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa and Quebec) and Portugal.

El_Jibaro
07-05-2021, 05:48 PM
Somewhat well, although there are still many countries I have yet to visit that I'd like to.

Americas:

- Puerto Rico

- Argentina

- Uruguay

- Brazil

- United States

- Canada

Europe:

- Spain

- Italy

- Portugal

- Andorra

- France

- Switzerland

- Germany

- Belgium

- Austria

- UK

- Ireland

- Croatia

- Greece

- Netherlands

- San Marino

- Monaco

- Cyprus

Asia:

- Philippines

- Hong Kong

Oceania: N/A

Africa: N/A

travv
07-05-2021, 06:12 PM
Wow cool so many trendy guys are here: Madrid, Catalonia...
I'm a simple guy, I don't want to travel to Al-Andalusia I want to go to Yakutia.

Arūnas
07-05-2021, 08:23 PM
Wow cool so many trendy guys are here: Madrid, Catalonia...
I'm a simple guy, I don't want to travel to Al-Andalusia I want to go to Yakutia.

me too, I prefer something multidimensional (Komi, Yakut, Vur, Kalmyk, Yevrey okrug etc.) rather than a radish - outside European, inside "Berberian"