PDA

View Full Version : In your country what kind of people move abroad for live?

Blondie
07-06-2021, 04:03 PM
Whats their social class, mentality etc and what do you think about them?

MechtoidAfalouHG
07-06-2021, 04:05 PM
Young men with money living digital nomad lifestyle and rich retirees. I want to be both.

Voskos
07-06-2021, 04:10 PM
People with degrees (brain drain) or very poor people who have no future in Greece. The two extremes.

de Burgh II
07-06-2021, 09:54 PM
College students, youtube/social media influencers and rich celebrities/entertainers.

Sarin
02-19-2024, 08:25 PM
Whats their social class, mentality etc ?

Talking of West only (US , Canada , UK , Australia etc.) :

1. Nerdiest ones
- graduates of the premium Indian institutions
- first job preference of them is usually Western corporates due to considerably higher salary offers & hence higher savings (facilitated by innate saving habits)
- usually comes from lower-middle or middle class families engaged in service , academics , professionals etc.
- ethnically , from many kinds though my impression is South Indians are disproportionately high
- some eg. Sundar Pichai , Satya Nadella , Narayan Murthy , Indira Nooyi etc.

2. Students
- seeks admission in Western colleges , usually as a pretext to enter West
- usually comes from middle class or upper-middle class , both urban as well as rural (landowners etc.)
- ethnically , from many kinds but some Punjabis* & Gujaratis seem far ahead
- takes off with blue collar jobs with high spirits to reach sky but a number of them crash down , return back & settle down into dad's business , job etc.

3. Illegal
- poor academic background usually
- lower-middle to middle class with many from rural background including landowners
- ethnically , few Punjabis & Gujaratis usually took this risky route ('kabootarbaazi' as they call) earlier but from recent years there has been an exponential rise not only among them but Haryanvis & some others too have jumped onto the bandwagon and is direct result of economic policies of these kleptocrats who , being in bed with plutocrats , have drastically reduce jobs in govt. services that had been not only a mania among Indians for multiple reasons but also a huge source of employment . Not to forget defence jobs too (replaced by Agniveer scheme / sham) that also had a big mass pull especially among Punjabis , Haryanvis etc. . The total effect is lakhs(i.e in six figures) of vacancies that comes up every other year or so in railways , banks , defence & other govt. services are majorly gone (despite what these thugs proclaims in their play acts) . Which , alongwith demonetisation , covid crunch & online businesses , has caused a massive increase in unemployment/underemployment & consequently illegal immigrants . Worse , this govt. very much wants the same too i.e. divert away the potential revolutionaries / danger to them considering what their dads did to Modani in 2021 .

Chiefly in Punjab & especially among certain biradris , initiated into by British colonialists , it has become a custom (to put it nicely) to migrate to West . Even many of their differing resident peers have been calling this out for good enough reasons eg. UP/Biharis filling up the vaccum with their slum & gutka culture etc. (though some have also converted to Sikhism) . This custom , as I notice , has been largely absent among Punjabis outside Punjab including Sikhs , comparatively . There are cases of migration but still far from being a custom .

what do you think about them?

If I had been one of those nerd as mentioned in case 1 above from say lower-middle class looking for a kick start , I might have considered offer by West for following reasons :
a) they are themselves offering so completely legal
b) white collar
c) considerably higher money & savings to what I would have made in India
d) better work code than India as I had been told 2 decades back
e) a more fulfilling reward for the high academic labour I had put up while sacrificing the pleasurable pursuits of youth

But even there , my gameplan would have been to earn till 50s & save as much so as to retire in some serene countryside in India .

As for case 2 , well each to there own but I never was inclined in first place to migrate anywhere outside India . That's why never gave a serious thought to this route upon few such career suggestions back then . And hearing back some startling things overtime from close few who had migrated to West via student route had only reinforced my conviction . Like what's the whole point then ?? Surely there are positives as they told which are appreciable but there is other side too .Things which we take for granted here are either too costly , far-fetched or simply non-existent there which , in conjunction with other ones , can have a preponderance effect for many . No wonder there are plenty of Indians who have returned back or anticipate same for future (not just those wearing student skin) . The % of wealthy NRIs* buying homes back in India has only increased greatly (https://www.businessinsider.in/business/news/indian-real-estate-sees-35-pc-rise-in-demand-from-nri-customers/articleshow/103836974.cms) in recent . In my vicinity , a Canadian Sikh family has spent ~$500K for a home (just in case) . In my whole wide circle , those few who had migrated to West (6 cases altogether , all student pretext) , 3 of them had returned back or are desperate to . One who went with wife returned cited no servant culture . Second one , a close friend of mine (& a dumbest one at that) , had his own home , car , servants & has been earning a good ₹ 1 lakh pm from an easy business . But there had been this catch all along - he happened to be a Sikh Jat ! So flew to Bermingham just 2 month back via student route after pomp & show & within a month , as I was fairly sure to happen , literally crying on phone about the blunder he made while putting up in a rented basement & awaiting for his DL to drive taxi , a work that would have only made him a butt of jokes in India . Third one , the family back home is multi-millionaire & the guy has been pleading to dad from many years to allow him come back after spending 2 decades in London but he is simply not allowing . Reason ? He fears he would be mocked upon in his circle for being a dad of a failure (for same reason , that friend of mine is hesitant at the moment to return back & as far as I am concerned , he is right :laugh:) . YT is filled with videos now with desi bloggers in West literally pleading to students to stay back if they are able to make ₹60 or 70K (which many are) but which ofc is falling on deaf ears in many cases due to half baked notions & unrealistic calculations some make before migrating . Many might had made a kill with this student route but it seem like those times are gone now with Covid , war , immigrant explosion etc.

Case 3 summarily dismissed . Sounds outrageous to me .

Alongside , there has a been a sharp increase in Indian millionaires fleeing India (chiefly to Dubai , Singapore & West) directly due to arm twisting & intimidation by these kleptocrats via their tax terrorists to simply make them fell in line . That is to cough up electoral bonds , cut off funding to opposition etc.. Or go to hell . This has created panic & fear among many which was only inflamed by a famous South Indian business tycoon (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/V._G._Siddhartha#:~:text=His%20body%20was%20found% 20at,by%20drowning%20as%20the%20cause) (& associated with opposition) threwing himself off a river bridge to death due to being hounded by their taxmen .

Around 50K dollar millionaires have escaped since 2014 but no media outlet can report the real cause , go against them (except The Wire thats already facing the consequences) else there owners too might have to jump on to the bandwagon .