PDA

View Full Version : Classify Giovanni Trapattoni

alzo zero
10-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Since he's being mentioned in this other thread (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34817), please classify Northern Italian coach from Lombardia.

http://i.imgur.com/Rz5vEQh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NAtdvf8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/uYyi9LD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gnKPdAX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/iCK86Zk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WZmAj7q.jpg

Meerkat.86
10-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Dinarid - faelid - alpine admixtures

Libertas
10-19-2011, 03:14 PM
Alpine mixed with Nordic

Leliana
10-19-2011, 04:11 PM
He looks like a typical Italian. :) He's famous in Germany for his speech of anger when he was coach of FC Bayern München in 1998. You must love Italians who rant and rave while they talk German! :D Their temperament and accent is cute. :p "Isch habe fertig!" or "Was erlauben Strunz?" are famous phrases.

Bqp64q7kHmw

alzo zero
10-19-2011, 04:23 PM
When you need to rant at someone, use German.

8OH97cID6Jk

Leliana
10-19-2011, 04:37 PM
:D lol!

Hess
10-19-2011, 04:39 PM
he does not look typically Italian to me as far as Southern Italy is concerned. His look is definitely more common in Lombardy, I guess

alzo zero
10-19-2011, 04:44 PM
His look is definitely more common in Lombardy, I guess
Of course it is. But Lombardia is "Italy" as much as Tuscany or Campania is anyway. How do you classify him?

research_centre
10-19-2011, 05:43 PM
he does not look typically Italian to me as far as Southern Italy is concerned. His look is definitely more common in Lombardy, I guess

Again, with Southern Italian bullshite! This is really making my blood boil. Some of you are so ignorant when it comes to Italy and the Italian people it astonishes me.

What is this "definitely ..." you "guess" you don't know what you are talking about because my grandfather was born in Southern Italy, and this man could have been his twin.

GeistFaust
10-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Norid with Alpinoid-Cro-Magnon tendencies.

Hess
10-19-2011, 08:14 PM
Again, with Southern Italian bullshite! This is really making my blood boil. Some of you are so ignorant when it comes to Italy and the Italian people it astonishes me.

What is this "definitely ..." you "guess" you don't know what you are talking about because my grandfather was born in Southern Italy, and this man could have been his twin.

It's rather easy to get your blood boiling, isn't it? :coffee:

Your Grandfather and this man don't represent every South Italian. Thankfully, we have something called genetics.

Sicilian genetics

-10% is haplogroup K, found among Arabs, Berbers, Carthaginians, and Greeks.

-15% is I and I2a, found among Elymians (Anatolians who migrated to the area that is now Sicily)

-10% is H, found only among Arabs

-35% is J 1 and 2, found among Arab, Berbers, Carthaginians, Jews, Berbers, Greeks, Romans, and Spaniards

-25% is R1b, found among Western Europeans

5% are minor Influences

This is the reality, these are the facts.

The definite, clear as day distinction between Europeans and Non-Europeans that some try so hard to find only exists in WN propaganda

While Sicilians are still definitely more European than Non-European, the foreign influences in their genotype (and phenotype) can only be overlooked by the most zealous and fanatical types.

Sebastianus Rex
10-19-2011, 08:15 PM
I say he is very DEFENSIVE. He woned the league for my team Benfica, but we almost didn't score goals. Buuuuuuhhhh!!

Sikeliot
10-19-2011, 08:21 PM

Your Grandfather and this man don't represent every South Italian. Thankfully, we have something called genetics.

Sicilian genetics

-15% is I and I2a, found among Elymians (Anatolians who migrated to the area that is now Sicily)

-35% is J 1 and 2, found among Arab, Berbers, Carthaginians, Jews, Berbers, Greeks, Romans, and Spaniards

5% are minor Influences

Only one correction.. some of the I is I1 which would be of Scandinavian/Norman origins.

Sebastianus Rex
10-19-2011, 08:30 PM

Sicilian genetics

5% are minor Influences

The definite clear as day distinction between Europeans and Non-Europeans that some try so hard to find only exists in WN propaganda

While Sicilians are still definitely more European than Non-European, the foreign influences in their genotype (and phenotype) can only be overlooked by the most zealous and fanatical types.

It doesn't fit well to you, to question about Sicily. Wich is more european than Russia, culturally and genetically. Russia always has been a world apart from the rest of Europe. It is a very heteroneous country.Fact.

Russia is not a fully European country, it never was, it is a semi-asiatic country, since most of it's territory is in Asia, and around 20% of it's population is non-white of turquic-mongol-ugric extraction. Even among some white Russia is not uncommon to find some asian-turquic or ugric influence, it's well visible in many phenotypes. Moscow has 2 million muslims, kazaks, kavkazs, uzbeqs, etc...

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~gallgaedhil/Haplogroups_In_Europe.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p104/kinnchii/W-MAP.gif

research_centre
10-19-2011, 08:37 PM

Sicilian genetics

5% are minor Influences

The definite, clear as day distinction between Europeans and Non-Europeans that some try so hard to find only exists in WN propaganda

I agree, in that not all Sicilians, like any other group in the world, are each individually the same genetically, like any other group distinctly similar but not identical. In addition, Sicily is highly unique, and not identical in breakdown as the always generalised "Southern Italy."

Yes, on this issue it does take little to make my blood boil. My paternal family have Norman blood and they all look Germanic, in height and colouring, while being native to the Roman Republic and “Southern Italy” for over 600 years, and yes, to this day including minor parts of the family in Sicily. I think it depends to a great degree on the family, and not just a generalised concept of DNA placement of the masses.

It is not only an Italian issue for me, it also takes place when I see an incorrect classification of Poles, either Nordic or Slavic.

Lucretius
10-19-2011, 08:39 PM

That's a good speech.:thumb001:

Hess
10-19-2011, 09:04 PM
It doesn't fit well to you, to question about Sicily. Wich is more european than Russia, culturally and genetically. Russia always has been a world apart from the rest of Europe. It is a very heteroneous country.Fact.

Russia is not a fully European country, it never was, it is a semi-asiatic country, since most of it's territory is in Asia, and around 20% of it's population is non-white of turquic-mongol-ugric extraction. Even among some white Russia is not uncommon to find some asian-turquic or ugric influence, it's well visible in many phenotypes. Moscow has 2 million muslims, kazaks, kavkazs, uzbeqs, etc...

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~gallgaedhil/Haplogroups_In_Europe.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p104/kinnchii/W-MAP.gif

First of all, I wasn't "questioning" South Italy as European. If you bothered to read any of my other posts, you would know that I have immense respect for Italy as a European country. Just because they have outside influences doesn't make them non European.

Second, last I checked this discussion was about Sicily, not Russia. If you want to discuss Russian phenotypes, perhaps you should make a separate thread about it.

This "the best defense is a good offense" tactic of yours is rather uncalled for considering that I wasn't even attacking Italy but simply stating genetic realities- like I said, I have much respect for Italy and conside it a great honor to "look Sicilian".

Sebastianus Rex
10-19-2011, 09:38 PM
[QUOTE=Hess;561955]First of all, I wasn't "questioning" South Italy as European. If you bothered to read any of my other posts, you would know that I have immense respect for Italy as a European country. Just because they have outside influences doesn't make them non European.

And because Russia has outside influences that doesn't make them non european...until the Urals of course.:D

Second, last I checked this discussion was about Sicily, not Russia. If you want to discuss Russian phenotypes, perhaps you should make a separate thread about it.

This thread is about Giovanni Trapatoni, not sicilian genetics. There is already a separate thread about that.

This "the best defense is a good offense" tactic of yours is rather uncalled for considering that I wasn't even attacking Italy but simply stating genetic realities- like I said, I have much respect for Italy and conside it a great honor to "look Sicilian".

Offence ?! I wasn't even attacking Russia, i was simply stating the genetic realities of that immense and heterogneous but fascinating country. Russian women are very beautiful, i had a russian girlfriend.

WilliamWallace
10-19-2011, 11:22 PM

Sicilian genetics

5% are minor Influences

Sicily is a region of 5 million inhabitants which belongs to a country of 60 millions!
Now please after you have written your usual bullshits try to calculate the number of people with arab haplogroups considering those percentage.

And then take a look to your country, which is not in Europe, but it's an Asian land....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/49/USSR_Ethnic_Groups_1974.jpg/800px-USSR_Ethnic_Groups_1974.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7e/Russia_ethnic.JPG/486px-Russia_ethnic.JPG

Hess
10-20-2011, 03:31 AM
Sicily is a region of 5 million inhabitants which belongs to a country of 60 millions!
Now please after you have written your usual bullshits try to calculate the number of people with arab haplogroups considering those percentage.

And then take a look to your country, which is not in Europe, but it's an Asian land....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/49/USSR_Ethnic_Groups_1974.jpg/800px-USSR_Ethnic_Groups_1974.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7e/Russia_ethnic.JPG/486px-Russia_ethnic.JPG

Show me where I said that all Italians are like this :rolleyes2:

I was only talking about South Italians, in particular the Sicilians. and in case you missed the first 100 times that I said it, I consider the Sicilians a great European people and have immense respect for them

As for your Russophobic nonsense, I won't even justify it with a comment.

alzo zero
10-20-2011, 08:09 AM
LOL just put up for classification some random Lombard guy that doesn't correspond to their sterotype - only because he was mentioned as very "Italian looking" in another thread - and they'll end up talking about Sicily and Southern Italy. This is very telling of some folks. :rolleyes2:

Fra Baldracco
10-20-2011, 08:25 AM
, I consider the Sicilians a great European people and have immense respect for them

Thanks,I really appreciate this but according to this you have to have an immense respect also for arabs,haven't you?:)

Hess
10-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Thanks,I really appreciate this but according to this you have to have an immense respect also for arabs,haven't you?:)

Have you read any of my other posts? I hate Arabs (and all other Saracens) with a burning passion.

Peyrol
10-20-2011, 12:02 PM

Sicilian genetics

5% are minor Influences

Middle eastern haplogrups came in Sicilia from neolitic migrations.

A precisation: arabs never arrives in Sicilia...berbers from Libya, at least.

Peyrol
10-20-2011, 12:05 PM
LOL just put up for classification some random Lombard guy that doesn't correspond to their sterotype - only because he was mentioned as very "Italian looking" in another thread - and they'll end up talking about Sicily and Southern Italy. This is very telling of some folks. :rolleyes2:

I always wonder why foreigners always talk about Sicily when the topic of the discussion is the entire Italy.

It's like talking about New York City when the topic is the entire U.S. federation.

alzo zero
10-20-2011, 12:07 PM
I always wonder why foreigners always talk about Sicily when the topic of the discussion is the entire Italy.

It's like talking about New York City when the topic is the entire U.S. federation.
Hehe... Secondo te perchè lo fanno? :rolleyes:

Hess
10-20-2011, 12:10 PM
I only mentioned that Giovanni would be more typical for some regions than others. Research centre was the one who got upset and started this discussion.

alzo zero
10-20-2011, 12:12 PM
By the way Hess, would you please provide the references next time you quote a study about y-dna chromosome. Not because I don't believe you, but because there are plenty of them about Sicily (each one of them saying a different thing) so I'm not sure to which one you are referring to. Also the fact that haplogroup T is still called K sugests it's not very recent, so maybe we can find something more recent. Just this. Thank you. Oh I almost forgot R1b is over 80% or 90% in some parts of Camerun, just saying.

Peyrol
10-20-2011, 12:18 PM
I only mentioned that Giovanni would be more typical for some regions than others. Research centre was the one who got upset and started this discussion.

100% swarthy sicilians is a hollywoodian stereotype and isn't the reality.

Most common hair color in Sicily is brown (55-60%) and in some zones like the Conca D'Oro (Palermo) there is also a significant distribution of blond and red haired. Blue eyes are spreads, although in lower percentages of 20%, all over the whole island.

Total ""swarthy"" sicilians are from southern and eastern zones of the island, where the greek colonization was more invasive.

Hess
10-20-2011, 12:32 PM
By the way Hess, would you please provide the references next time you quote a study about y-dna chromosome. Not because I don't believe you, but because there are plenty of them about Sicily (each one of them saying a different thing) so I'm not sure to which one you are referring to. Also the fact that haplogroup T is still called K sugests it's not very recent, so maybe we can find something more recent. Just this. Thank you. Oh I almost forgot R1b is over 80% or 90% in some parts of Camerun, just saying.

Absolutely, I should have given te source right away.

http://www.bestofsicily.com/genetics.htm

This site is Pro-Sicily, designed by Sicilians to educate foreigners so I thought they would have no reason to lie

alzo zero
10-20-2011, 12:38 PM
This site is Pro-Sicily, designed by Sicilians to educate foreigners...
Sorry I still see no scientific study. Anyway I do believe you that this site is pro-Sicily. I don't see why to be pro-Sicily and to blow out of proportions foreign genetic contributions (which no doubt exist) should necessarily be two separate things. Maybe you ignore that to some people being "pro-Sicily" means this: to stress how different they are from the rest of Italy as well as of Europe. Actually I like their attitude, especially their "we're all bruva" pro-multiculti kind of style if you know what I mean... ;)

But enough with Sicily, please.

research_centre
10-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Absolutely, I should have given te source right away.

http://www.bestofsicily.com/genetics.htm

This site is Pro-Sicily, designed by Sicilians to educate foreigners so I thought they would have no reason to lie

The domain WhoIs shows the administrative contact for that site to be a man in the USA from an firm by his name presumed to be international advertising.

I find a lot of stuff there including links but I've looked and cannot find via that site, (and thank you Hess for the follow-up information,) who conducted those studies and produced the charts, or what statistical methods and margin of error was used.

research_centre
10-20-2011, 12:44 PM
Sorry I still see no scientific study. Anyway I do believe you that this site is pro-Sicily. I don't see why to be pro-Sicily and to blow out of proportions foreign genetic contributions (which no doubt exist) should necessarily be two separate things. Maybe you ignore that to some people being "pro-Sicily" means this: to stress how different they are from the rest of Italy as well as of Europe. Actually I like their attitude, especially their "we're all bruva" pro-multiculti kind of style if you know what I mean... ;)

The only part I do NOT like and do NOT support is that "pro-multiculti kind of style" concept shite.

alzo zero
10-20-2011, 12:45 PM
The only part I do NOT like and do NOT support is that "multi-culti" concept shite.
I was being ironic. :tongue

Hess
10-20-2011, 12:51 PM
I agree that it's unprofessional to post genetic studies without a documented source. I'm on my phone right now (and supposed to be studying for an exam :D ) but when I get the time I'll try to find some more scientific studies.

Foxy
10-20-2011, 12:52 PM
First of all, I wasn't "questioning" South Italy as European. If you bothered to read any of my other posts, you would know that I have immense respect for Italy as a European country. Just because they have outside influences doesn't make them non European.

Sicily isn't the whole Southern Italy, besides Sicily is a "special-status region". Read "regioni a statuto speciale" to know what it means. In short, the regions with the highest foreign cultural and genetical admixure have a special status in Italy in honour of their diversity. Campanians look very different from Sicilians.
Some of the fairest people of Italy are found in Campania.
Compare "Misses Campania"

http://www.google.it/search?tbm=isch&hl=it&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=709&q=genetica+campania&gbv=2&oq=genetica+campania&aq=f&aqi=&aql=1&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=2209l4031l0l4323l17l14l0l4l0l1l264l1586l1.5 .3l9l0#hl=it&gbv=2&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=miss+campania&oq=miss+campania&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=1&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=31206l34481l0l34764l15l13l1l2l2l1l371l2546l 0.3.4.3l10l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=12ce7a44cd061ac1&biw=1280&bih=709

and "Misses Sicilia"

http://www.google.it/search?tbm=isch&hl=it&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=709&q=genetica+campania&gbv=2&oq=genetica+campania&aq=f&aqi=&aql=1&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=2209l4031l0l4323l17l14l0l4l0l1l264l1586l1.5 .3l9l0#hl=it&gbv=2&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=miss+sicilia&oq=miss+sicilia&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=1&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=36458l38115l5l38432l12l8l0l1l1l1l483l2302l2-2.1.3l6l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=12ce7a44cd061ac1&biw=1280&bih=709

The day and the night! And both are southern Italy. :thumb001:

alzo zero
10-20-2011, 12:56 PM
I agree that it's unprofessional to post genetic studies without a documented source. I'm on my phone right now (and supposed to be studying for an exam :D ) but when I get the time I'll try to find some more scientific studies.
Thank you. If possible, in another thread. :)

Hess
10-20-2011, 12:59 PM
Good point Veleda. I heard, besides Sicily,that Abruzzo and Calabria also have a large number of people with darker hair and eyes, right?

By the way, I've been meaning to ask all the Italians on this forum a question. Do you consider Malta to be a part of Italy? I personally have no strong opinion, I was just wondering how mainland Italians view the Maltese.

Edit: Sorry or highjacking your thread like that, Alzo :D

alzo zero
10-20-2011, 01:01 PM
By the way, I've been meaning to ask all the Italians on this forum a question. Do you consider Malta to be a part of Italy?
It would be a good question for a poll. I would vote NO, of course.

Peyrol
10-20-2011, 02:30 PM
Good point Veleda. I heard, besides Sicily,that Abruzzo and Calabria also have a large number of people with darker hair and eyes, right?

By the way, I've been meaning to ask all the Italians on this forum a question. Do you consider Malta to be a part of Italy? I personally have no strong opinion, I was just wondering how mainland Italians view the Maltese.

Edit: Sorry or highjacking your thread like that, Alzo :D

Maltese is a semithic language (!) written with latin alphabet....italian isn't official language of Malta since 1934.

I don't know if could be considerated part of Italy or not...

alzo zero
10-20-2011, 02:33 PM
Maltese is a semithic language (!) written with latin alphabet....italian isn't official language of Malta since 1934.
Correct, and at that time Italian was the official language in some parts of Eastern Africa too, so this fact is not meaningful I think.

Laubach
10-20-2011, 02:55 PM
Nordid+ Alpinid

My grandfather, who was Lombard, looked a lot like "trap"

Sikeliot
10-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Sicilian y-dna

E-V12 - 1.27%
E-V13 - 5.93%
E-V22 - 3.81%
E-V65 - 0.42%
E-M81 - 2.12%
E-M123 - 4.66%

G- 5.93%

I - 7.62%

J1 - 3.81%
J2 - 25.84%

T - 5.51%

L - 0.42%

Q - 2.54%

R1a - 5.51%
R1b - 24.58%

Source; Di Gaetano et al . (2009)

So about 37% (R1a, R1b, I) is European, and the rest is Neolithic/Near Eastern except maybe Q.

alzo zero
10-20-2011, 05:03 PM

Sicilian y-dna

E-V12 - 1.27%
E-V13 - 5.93%
E-V22 - 3.81%
E-V65 - 0.42%
E-M81 - 2.12%
E-M123 - 4.66%

G- 5.93%

I - 7.62%

J1 - 3.81%
J2 - 25.84%

T - 5.51%

L - 0.42%

Q - 2.54%

R1a - 5.51%
R1b - 24.58%

Source; Di Gaetano et al . (2009)

So about 37% (R1a, R1b, I) is European, and the rest is Neolithic/Near Eastern except maybe Q.

Is hijacking threads one of those super-powers that comes with being a moderator?

Sikeliot
10-20-2011, 05:36 PM
I was asked by another user to post that data, so I did. That's all there is to it.

Peyrol
10-20-2011, 06:26 PM

Percentages of brown hairs in Italy (from dark blonde to very dark brown)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5e/Brown_hair_Italy.png

Percentages of blond hair

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/10/BiasuttiMappa.png

Percentage of red hairs (Note: this is a 1914 map, as you can see some territories that nowadays are italians, in this map are austrians)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/it/0/0f/Livi_Capelli_Rossi.jpg

Hess
10-20-2011, 08:15 PM
Percentages of brown hairs in Italy (from dark blonde to very dark brown)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5e/Brown_hair_Italy.png

Dark Blonde to Dark Brown? that's too Broad and not very helpful. My hair is pretty dark but if you look closely you will see some dark brown strands. Under this map people like me would qualify as Brown haired, which is ridiculous.

Loki
10-20-2011, 09:08 PM
Is hijacking threads one of those super-powers that comes with being a moderator?

You continue to harass her ... she can post in any thread she wants. But you strike me as just a rude guy with a huge chip on your shoulders.

This was the last straw from you.

Peyrol
10-20-2011, 09:47 PM
Dark Blonde to Dark Brown? that's too Broad and not very helpful. My hair is pretty dark but if you look closely you will see some dark brown strands. Under this map people like me would qualify as Brown haired, which is ridiculous.

This is a map made during the first ages of the 5th Kingdom: in this time, most of the scientist, politicians and intellectuals were piemonteis (northerners), so the piemonteis concept of "blonde" is different from a apulian concept of "blonde"...yes, you're right, this isn't more accurated, but i can say certainly here most common hair color is brown.

safinator
12-09-2011, 12:45 AM
Noric + CM

EvilDave
12-09-2011, 01:13 PM
Norid + something other , maybe Alpinid.

EvilDave
12-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Middle eastern haplogrups came in Sicilia from neolitic migrations.

A precisation: arabs never arrives in Sicilia...berbers from Libya, at least.

Yes , the most of saracen were Berbers and Spanish Moors , i have heard that there were also many persians and muslim slavs between Saracen

Kacca
12-09-2011, 03:59 PM
nordic alpinic

tEhSaint
09-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Norid with Alpinoid influences.

Ianus
09-30-2013, 06:54 PM
Norid+Alpine

aherne
10-01-2013, 09:26 AM
Looks ancient Roman...

Smeagol
10-03-2013, 01:55 AM
Noric + Alpine.

Sikeliot
10-03-2013, 01:56 AM
Looks Indo-European Nordid type.

Kalimtari
03-29-2014, 10:20 AM
everywhere around Alps

Peyrol
03-29-2014, 10:43 AM
Looks Indo-European Nordid type.

He's a full blooded lombard.

curupira
11-04-2014, 09:51 PM
Funny interview in German:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cgLqfdAgK4

oh-nahhh
11-04-2014, 09:52 PM
Noric.

SardiniaAtlantis
11-04-2014, 09:57 PM
Funny interview in German:

[video=youtube;5cgLqfdAgK]

I wonder if he really speaks German so non fluently or if the person writing the captions simply didn't speak italian well... Funny interview though I agree.

Ulla
11-04-2014, 10:08 PM
Norid + some Alpinoid influences.

Alessio
11-04-2014, 10:09 PM
Alpine/Nordid-Dinarid

Ctwentysevenj
11-05-2014, 05:49 AM
Sub Nordic

Sizzo
11-05-2014, 06:24 PM
Alpinid with Norid, Roman vibe.