Authentically Spanish

https://www.lacerca.com/imagenes/api_orig/05de417e5e5018107de49e99a06b959c.jpg

https://www.esradioalbacete.es/files/noticias/6/imagenes/GUARDIA_CIVIL.jpg

Tooting Carmen
08-15-2021, 08:36 PM
Atlanto-Meds and some Berids.

Sebastianus Rex
08-15-2021, 08:57 PM
Cappadocian types seem to be always well represented among Guardia civiles. Very dinarized group, they wouldn't pass as a group in Portugal but would pass fine in southern Italy imo.

Hamilcar
08-15-2021, 09:01 PM
You're the only member that post average iberians

Oliver109
08-15-2021, 09:02 PM
Cappadocian types seem to be always well represented among Guardia civiles. Very dinarized group, they wouldn't pass as a group in Portugal but would pass fine in southern Italy imo.

Interesting comment, some of the officers i saw in Madrid looked more exotic than the general population which was quite atlanto Med or Alpinised and with nordic influence. With UK police there is no general type of phenotype though the most senior cops like close protection officers tend to exhibit more Cro Magnid looks.

Sebastianus Rex
08-15-2021, 09:07 PM

That's a lie, me and Damićo post mostly group pictures.

Hamilcar
08-15-2021, 09:09 PM

hahahah that's a good one

Sebastianus Rex
08-15-2021, 09:17 PM
Interesting comment, some of the officers i saw in Madrid looked more exotic than the general population which was quite atlanto Med or Alpinised and with nordic influence. With UK police there is no general type of phenotype though the most senior cops like close protection officers tend to exhibit more Cro Magnid looks.

Yes, I guess many of those specimens engage on a police force career because their faces are too rough/scary for a regular civilian job.xD

mitalit
08-15-2021, 09:20 PM

Do you think the "Policia nacional" or "policia local" look different?

Oliver109
08-15-2021, 09:31 PM

I think they look like more regular Spaniards, maybe more gracile Meds, alpines etc, the G Civil is supposed to be more of an elite force in the same way how in America you have state troopers who are generally considered to have higher standards for candidates as opposed to local forces, of course in Spain you have much more centralised policing and not 10'000 different forces. https://www.masquealba.com/media/k2/items/cache/7eb3369e2b9cbd88ea24152cde9ae813_XL.jpg

https://cadenaser00.epimg.net/emisora/imagenes/2017/01/17/radio_albacete/1484640831_266461_1484640928_noticia_normal.jpg

mitalit
08-15-2021, 09:37 PM
I think they look like more regular Spaniards, maybe more gracile Meds, alpines etc, the G Civil is supposed to be more of an elite force in the same way how in America you have state troopers who are generally considered to have higher standards for candidates as opposed to local forces, of course in Spain you have much more centralised policing and not 10'000 different forces. [/img]
[/img]

Than the "policia local" yes, but I think that the "policia nacional" has a similar power as the GC.

Sebastianus Rex
08-15-2021, 09:45 PM

Possibly so, Guardia Civil seems to attract rougher looking types. They are militarized police right?

mitalit
08-15-2021, 09:50 PM
Possibly so, Guardia Civil seems to attract rougher looking types. They are militarized police right?
It is more rural and somewhat easier to enter than the "policia nacional" (which is not the same as the local police) but it is similar
I think that in general they look worse than the "Policia nacional" and the "policia local" but not darker

Oliver109
08-15-2021, 09:56 PM
It is more rural and somewhat easier to enter than the "policia nacional" (which is not the same as the local police) but it is similar
I think that in general they look worse than the "Policia nacional" and the "policia local" but not darker

Why would the Guardia Civil be harder to enter? I heard in America it is harder to become a state trooper than a local cop, i believe that the G Civil are a Spanish version of state troopers/highway patrol and so would be more demanding?

mitalit
08-15-2021, 10:02 PM
Why would the Guardia Civil be harder to enter? I heard in America it is harder to become a state trooper than a local cop, i believe that the G Civil are a Spanish version of state troopers/highway patrol and so would be more demanding?
But "policia nacional" and "policia local" are not the same, for example, spanish "SWATS" depend on the "Policia nacional"
Policia nacional:
https://www.ayto-torrejon.es/sites/default/files/2020-04/policia-nacional-actuacion-infarto.jpg
https://www.elconfidencialdigital.com/asset/zoomcrop,1366,800//media/elconfidencialdigital/images/2014/12/31/ECDIMA20141231_0016_1.jpg

Guardia Civil (similar to "Policia Nacional" but more rural
https://static.eldiario.es/clip/1356a627-993d-4063-a671-9a677dddb77a_16-9-discover-aspect-ratio_default_0.jpg
https://img.europapress.es/fotoweb/fotonoticia_20210504123943_1200.jpg

Local Police
https://static2.elcorreo.com/www/multimedia/201902/13/media/cortadas/policias-getxo-khLB-RXfUvjWFj2vs9wYTGXBTFjM-624x385@El%20Correo.jpg

Damićo de Góis
08-15-2021, 10:28 PM

The only thread that consisted on tons of group pictures i remember creating was the Portuguese Bullfighters thread, in which i posted almost every on foot and on horse bullfighter that existed.

But even that thread wasn't acceptable for Hamilcar. I don't know, maybe it goes against his notion that portuguese people look like moroccans or that moroccans have more light types than there are in Portugal (he bitched that there were too many light types among bullfighters).

It's interesting because bullfighting is reduced to areas of southern Portugal and it's one activity. It's one of the few activities that it's possible to post a lot of group pictures knowing the vast majority will be native types.

Hamilcar
08-15-2021, 10:39 PM
The only thread that consisted on tons of group pictures i remember creating was the Portuguese Bullfighters thread, in which i posted almost every on foot and on horse bullfighter that existed.

But even that thread wasn't acceptable for Hamilcar. I don't know, maybe it goes against his notion that portuguese people look like moroccans or that moroccans have more light types than there are in Portugal (he bitched that there were too many light types among bullfighters).

It's interesting because bullfighting is reduced to areas of southern Portugal and it's one activity. It's one of the few activities that it's possible to post a lot of group pictures knowing the vast majority will be native types.

I suppose the spaniards OP posted are too dark :rolleyes: hahaha really you all are a crazy bunch not even italian or greek members are like this. This moorish stereotype about iberians really get on your nerve it seems ...see the trauma my ancestors left on your population ?

Oliver109
08-15-2021, 10:39 PM

I don't know what Hamilcar was expecting but the bullfighters in that thread were perfectly representative of the population including significant numbers of darker types too, those men did not look Moroccan because they are not Moroccan simple as that.

Hamilcar
08-15-2021, 10:57 PM
I don't know what Hamilcar was expecting but the bullfighters in that thread were perfectly representative of the population including significant numbers of darker types too, those men did not look Moroccan because they are not Moroccan simple as that.

He's of course exaggerating as usual and tries to discredit me because he's kind of paranoiac when it comes to his people and mine. Never in my life have I claimed most portuguese look moroccan nor made any kind of association.

Damićo de Góis
08-15-2021, 11:13 PM
He's of course exaggerating as usual and tries to discredit me because he's kind of paranoiac when it comes to his people and mine. Never in my life have I claimed most portuguese look moroccan nor made any kind of association.

I'm just going by what you said on various threads. Bottom line is you thought that thread wasn't a good thread in terms of representation.

Indeed it has a lot of dark types as well. Maybe the problem is the presence of light types, they weren't supposed to exist.

Hamilcar
08-15-2021, 11:32 PM
I'm just going by what you said on various threads. Bottom line is you thought that thread wasn't a good thread in terms of representation.

I don't see any comment of me on that bullfighter thread. And light types are extremely rare in Portugal while your thread make it seems like it's common to meet a light portuguese lol You have less light types than even riffians (who are overall already pretty dark) so let's not even discuss about it.

Oliver109
08-15-2021, 11:36 PM
I don't see any comment of me on that bullfighter thread. And light types are extremely rare in Portugal while your thread make it seems like it's common to meet a light portuguese lol You have less light types than even riffians (who are overall already pretty dark) so let's not even discuss about it.

Riffians are not light, Kabyle might be but any searches i have done on the Riff region have turned up very Med looking people though quite a few with cro magnon features that are actually absent in Portugal, Portugal has more pale types than the Riff unless you can post some pictures that show otherwise.

Damićo de Góis
08-15-2021, 11:44 PM

Yes of course :laugh:

I've never seen any light riffian, they seem to be an anthrofora myth. In Portugal light types occur naturally, they are a noticeable minority and there's no need to go hunting for pictures on facebook to show them. For exemple there is a natural blonde in the european parliament, who aren't exactly common among the deputies of other countries:

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/meps/en/search/advanced?name=&groupCode=&countryCode=PT&bodyType=ALL

If i post people from any activity there will be light types be it bullfighters, politicians or whatever.

The challenge isn't to see a light type from Portugal, it's to see one from Morocco (Riff or no Riff).

Hamilcar
08-16-2021, 12:27 AM
Riffians are not light, Kabyle might be but any searches i have done on the Riff region have turned up very Med looking people though quite a few with cro magnon features that are actually absent in Portugal, Portugal has more pale types than the Riff unless you can post some pictures that show otherwise.

yes your "searches" reality :

In the Rif, dark eyes are found among 43% of the men, mixed eyes 35%, and light eyes in 2 %; and the mixed eyes have green or blue elements rather than gray. The tribe with the lightest pigmentation in general, the Beni Amart, has an incidence of 18 %, 73%, 9% in each of the these categories. These mountain tribesmen and some of their neighbors on the coast are a little fairer than most southern European populations.

from "THE LIVING RACES OF MAN" by Carleton S. Coon, 1965

All his stats were used again by other anthropologists : https://journals.openedition.org/encyclopedieberbere/2897#tocto2n1

In another paper, they conclude level of blondism in North Africa are similar to what is found in the rest of the mediterranean region (not based on Coon's work) :

The problem of the distribution of the blond type in North Africa was closed by the publication of Kidder et al. (1955), after they had reported similar blond frequencies in many Mediterranean populations. The hypothesis of an adaptive phenomenon, as proposed by Sergi, is attractive because it could partially explain the biological variation observed between different Berber groups. It was, however, criticized by Gsell, who pointed out that, if one found blond Berbers in the mountainous countries such as the Rif, Kabylie or Aurčs, they seem to be very rare in the Middle and High Atlas, where the altitude is higher (1920, p. 308).

https://journals.openedition.org/encyclopedieberbere/1768

3 different sources conclude about the same thing :

The blondism of the Berbers testifies to "the infusion of a foreign blood" (Westermarck 1935: 9), well before the arrival of the Vandals. This last point seems, today, rather debatable in the light of the works of Kidder, Coon and Briggs (1955: 65-66), who showed that the tendency to blondism of the Berber populations proved to be equivalent to that of the majority of the groups of Mediterranean race

https://www.persee.fr/doc/cea_0008-0055_1993_num_33_129_2076

this is for all north africa so let alone comparing riffians or kabyles to southern europe lmao

Hamilcar
08-16-2021, 12:30 AM
Yes of course :laugh:

I've never seen any light riffian, they seem to be an anthrofora myth. In Portugal light types occur naturally, they are a noticeable minority and there's no need to go hunting for pictures on facebook to show them. For exemple there is a natural blonde in the european parliament, who aren't exactly common among the deputies of other countries:

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/meps/en/search/advanced?name=&groupCode=&countryCode=PT&bodyType=ALL

If i post people from any activity there will be light types be it bullfighters, politicians or whatever.

The challenge isn't to see a light type from Portugal, it's to see one from Morocco (Riff or no Riff).

We already discussed about this many times and unfortunately all you have to provide as an argument is "pics". Stop being ridiculous, no serious physical anthropologists will believe portuguese are lighter than riffians or kabyles but it's ok I still view your people as european.

Also are you seriously implying that all these scholars lied about riffians ? Why would they do that ?

alnortedelsur
08-16-2021, 05:47 AM

You talking BS, as always, like if in the pictures of very large Spanish crowds and Spanish student videos that I have posted, people were cherry picked before appearing in the pics and videos :picard1:

You discredit those pics and videos, because there are too many light types for your taste, and people are not all uniformly very med/dark featured, as you want to portray Spaniards to be like.

You are so disappointed that the reality don't fit your agenda of dark washing Spaniards and Portuguese, and then come up saying stupidities.

Pathetic delusional clown!

alnortedelsur
08-16-2021, 05:55 AM

Light types are not the norm or majority in Spain and Portugal, but they are not rare, and let alone "extremely rare" either.

Of course that light types, though not being the norm, are yet decently common among ethnic Spaniards and Portuguese. And WAY more common than among riffians or any North African population.

Seriourly... Stop talking out of your ass.

Hasien
08-16-2021, 07:51 AM
You talking BS, as always, like if in the pictures of very large Spanish crowds and Spanish student videos that I have posted, people were cherry picked before appearing in the pics and videos :picard1:

You discredit those pics and videos, because there are too many light types for your taste, and people are not all uniformly very med/dark featured, as you want to portray Spaniards to be like.

You are so disappointed that the reality don't fit your agenda of dark washing Spaniards and Portuguese, and then come up saying stupidities.

Pathetic delusional clown!

I don't see what's the problem either, they look what I would expect , In Mexico they all pass as long they don't open their mouth. Although more Individually rather then the whole crowd.

Damićo de Góis
08-16-2021, 06:20 PM
We already discussed about this many times and unfortunately all you have to provide as an argument is "pics". Stop being ridiculous, no serious physical anthropologists will believe portuguese are lighter than riffians or kabyles but it's ok I still view your people as european.

Also are you seriously implying that all these scholars lied about riffians ? Why would they do that ?

They got it wrong to say the least.

Otherwise it wouldn't be possible for me to show more light types using only portuguese bullfighters than you could for the entire Maghreb. This is one activity from southern Portugal vs an entire region, and that says a lot. And that goes for any southern european country.

Oliver109
08-16-2021, 07:17 PM
yes your "searches" reality :

from "THE LIVING RACES OF MAN" by Carleton S. Coon, 1965

All his stats were used again by other anthropologists : https://journals.openedition.org/encyclopedieberbere/2897#tocto2n1

In another paper, they conclude level of blondism in North Africa are similar to what is found in the rest of the mediterranean region (not based on Coon's work) :

https://journals.openedition.org/encyclopedieberbere/1768

3 different sources conclude about the same thing :

https://www.persee.fr/doc/cea_0008-0055_1993_num_33_129_2076

this is for all north africa so let alone comparing riffians or kabyles to southern europe lmao

Actually looked up the Beni Amart tribe on google but nothing turned up, no doubt that some tribes were lighter than S Euros but i think the majority have more darker admixture.