09-08-2021, 02:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLd0tgj3Zsg

chociprasa
09-08-2021, 08:53 AM
Baskid + Alpinid, looks like Francis Veber

happycow
09-08-2021, 11:13 PM
Baskid + Alpinid, looks like Francis Veber

Thank you! Yeah they resemble each other quite a bit! :)

Hasien
09-08-2021, 11:26 PM
Looks like a Northern Mexican! Is he really Spanish?

happycow
09-08-2021, 11:37 PM
Looks like a Northern Mexican! Is he really Spanish?

That's what the wikipedia page says. I think he was quite popular in Venezuela because my mom used to listen to this song all the time.

Raphael was born Miguel Rafael Martos Sánchez in Linares, province of Jaén (Spain)

Gallop
09-08-2021, 11:39 PM
Provincia de Jaén, Andalucía, España, Europa.

An outlier in his profession, a number one in his profession.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWnmzagelp8

happycow
09-08-2021, 11:46 PM
Provincia de Jaén, Andalucía, España, Europa.

An outlier in his profession, a number one in his profession.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWnmzagelp8

Great song!!

Gallop
09-08-2021, 11:49 PM
Great song!!

Unique and unfiltered

Albertón
09-09-2021, 12:47 AM
Baskid or atlanto-med mostly. Slightly more robust than average tho. Looks pseudo-Bolvian/Peruvian in some frames.

happycow
09-09-2021, 12:59 AM
Baskid or atlanto-med mostly. Slightly more robust than average tho. Looks pseudo-Bolvian/Peruvian in some frames.

Thank you! :)

Gallop
09-09-2021, 11:17 AM

You must be dreaming. In some case some Bolivian or Peruvian with Spanish ancestry might look pseudo-Spaniard. Rapahel is fully Spaniard.

happycow
09-10-2021, 12:53 AM
You must be dreaming. In some case some Bolivian or Peruvian with Spanish ancestry might look pseudo-Spaniard. Rapahel is fully Spaniard.

A very handsome Spaniard! :cool:

Latinus
09-10-2021, 12:55 AM

Agree. Anybody that denies is being biassed, because they know he is Spanish.

Gallop
09-10-2021, 10:39 AM
A very handsome Spaniard! :cool:

Well, his success is due more to his voice, here he would not fall into the category of "handsome" in its maximum expression; although he is handsome because he is not ugly.

Gallop
09-10-2021, 10:42 AM
Agree. Anybody that denies is being biassed, because they know he is Spanish.

There are combinations that may vaguely remind you of something or someone, leave that to Hollywood casting, do not force me to publish photos of Bolivians or Peruvians, Raphael does not look like one, I have already said that in any case it would be the other way around.

Gauthier
09-10-2021, 10:48 AM
Gracile Mediterranid.

My mother is a big fan of his.

Gallop
09-10-2021, 03:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csMrBQR-AEQ

In Mexico and all of Latin America he is a star, he is also very well known and very successful in Russia.

He also has his film career tailor-made and with an international treatment as he is an international artist.

happycow
09-10-2021, 04:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csMrBQR-AEQ

In Mexico and all of Latin America he is a star, he is also very well known and very successful in Russia.

He also has his film career tailor-made and with an international treatment as he is an international artist.

Very good song. He has an amazing voice!

I'm curious about his pronunciation of Yo. He says Jo, just like my parents. I thought this was how Venezuelans tend to pronounce it. Are there certain provinces in Spain where the pronunciation is the same?

alnortedelsur
09-10-2021, 04:33 PM
That's what the wikipedia page says. I think he was quite popular in Venezuela because my mom used to listen to this song all the time.

Raphael was born Miguel Rafael Martos Sánchez in Linares, province of Jaén (Spain)

Indeed, he was very popular in Venezuela.

Is your mom Venezuelan, btw?

happycow
09-10-2021, 04:53 PM
Indeed, he was very popular in Venezuela.

Is your mom Venezuelan, btw?

She's Palestinian, but she lived in Valencia for 10 years after she married my father, who was already living there. She learned Spanish with the help of my father along with watching novelas lol.

She also loves Emmanuel too. She got me into him lol.

Latinus
09-10-2021, 06:38 PM
There are combinations that may vaguely remind you of something or someone, leave that to Hollywood casting, do not force me to publish photos of Bolivians or Peruvians, Raphael does not look like one, I have already said that in any case it would be the other way around.

I don't care about Hollywood, esquizo.

If this singer wasn't famous and someone said "classify this (insert Latino nationality)", tons of people would see him as mixed. Not my fault if Spanish America is so mixed that it can be hard sometimes to distinguish between proper Iberian faces and Euro-Mestizos.

Hasien
09-10-2021, 06:50 PM

If this singer wasn't famous and someone said "classify this (insert Latino nationality), tons of people would see him as mixed. Not my fault if Spanish America is so mixed that it can be hard sometimes to distinguish between proper Iberian faces and Euro-Mestizos.

True he looks very pseudo mixed Spaniards just live In denial this Mexican looks like a dark haired Aryan compare to the "Spanish" singer lol

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?351782-Racist-Irish-teen-against-Mexican-man

Latinus
09-10-2021, 06:50 PM
Double post.

Hasien
09-10-2021, 06:51 PM

If this singer wasn't famous and someone said "classify this (insert Latino nationality), tons of people would see him as mixed. Not my fault if Spanish America is so mixed that it can be hard sometimes to distinguish between proper Iberian faces and Euro-Mestizos.

True he looks very pseudo mixed Spaniards just live In denial this Mexican looks like a dark haired Aryan compare to the "Spanish" singer lol

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?351782-Racist-Irish-teen-against-Mexican-man

Latinus
09-10-2021, 06:54 PM
Double post.

Gallop
09-10-2021, 10:44 PM

If this singer wasn't famous and someone said "classify this (insert Latino nationality)", tons of people would see him as mixed. Not my fault if Spanish America is so mixed that it can be hard sometimes to distinguish between proper Iberian faces and Euro-Mestizos.

Anda loco, Raphael has something of much, much more past Eastern Europe, it evokes me the Caucasus, not the Americas. With so much internet you already see visions. Thank goodness that someone in America is lucky enough to look like Raphael, a sign that he has Spanish ancestors.

Here as one is careless in ten years it turns out that we are the Spaniards who come from America, come on kid. Have you already had dinner or is it time for breakfast?

Latinus
09-10-2021, 10:59 PM
Anda loco, Raphael has something of much, much more past Eastern Europe, it evokes me the Caucasus, not the Americas. With so much internet you already see visions. Thank goodness that someone in America is lucky enough to look like Raphael, a sign that he has Spanish ancestors.

Here as one is careless in ten years it turns out that we are the Spaniards who come from America, come on kid. Have you already had dinner or is it time for breakfast?

Raphael types are nothing special in Latam, but the point is: types like him easily overlap with Euro-mestizos, or the opposite. So... if I saw him in a "Mexican Barrio", for example, I would have taken him for Euro-Mestizo. Deal with it. If Latam countries were racially similar to pre-1965 USA, this confusion of mine (and other Latinos) wouldn't happen, but since it's a very mixed continent, phenotypes can become ambiguos/blurry here.