PDA

View Full Version : Do Lappid/Lappoid elements also exist in the Northeast Caucasian region?

CrinjaNinja
09-26-2021, 06:52 PM
Nowadays, I see so many Chechens, Ingushes, and Dagestanians with a mix of Lappoid and Armenoid traits. This is likely due to Russian influence under those Northeast Caucasian (Nakh-Dagestanian) tribes since the Russo-Caucasian war. All of these examples on various forums online are supposed to show Alpinid + Dinarid + Armenoid, or Mtebid phenotypes, and in fact, they do! However, Lappoids are pure in those ethnicities, but are probably the purest in those that are mostly Russians of local Slavic and Uralic origin, which is really rare.

According to Jan Czekanowski, Lappid (or Lappanoid) and Armenoid resembles a single phenotype, which is Alpinid.

What do you think about the question: Do Lappoid elements also exist in the Northeast Caucasian region, no matter how pure they are?

Donhueas
09-26-2021, 07:29 PM
Probably these elements in common are from the turanids. What you say at the end may be true, but it's on a more abstract level.

GoalPoacher
09-26-2021, 07:37 PM
1) No. There is no single reason for that.
2) North Caucasians don't have any Russian/Slavic influence.

CrinjaNinja
10-02-2021, 11:27 PM
Thank you for telling me the truth about North Caucasus!

CrinjaNinja
10-03-2021, 07:54 PM
Nowadays, I see so many Chechens, Ingushes, and Dagestanians with a mix of Lappoid and Armenoid traits. This is likely due to Russian influence under those Northeast Caucasian (Nakh-Dagestanian) tribes since the Russo-Caucasian war. All of these examples on various forums online are supposed to show Alpinid + Dinarid + Armenoid, or Mtebid phenotypes, and in fact, they do! However, Lappoids are pure in those ethnicities, but are probably the purest in those that are mostly Russians of local Slavic and Uralic origin, which is really rare.

According to Jan Czekanowski, Lappid (or Lappanoid) and Armenoid resembles a single phenotype, which is Alpinid.

What do you think about the question: Do Lappoid elements also exist in the Northeast Caucasian region, no matter how pure they are?

EDIT: I meant to say that Lappoids can NEVER be the purest in the North Caucasus because it only accumulates a very tiny percentage of every North Caucasian tribes.