PDA

View Full Version : Are Turkish people Turanid or Armenoid?

Kung Lao
10-03-2021, 12:55 AM
I met a Turkish girl in Canada and I thought she was literally Chinese! I spoke to her in Chinese, but she couldn't speak it, she said she was from Turkey. I was shocked, utterly. Previously, I thought the average Turkish person looks just regular Middle Eastern, but apparently my view was completely wrong. So, it made me scratch my head and think, which is more common in Turkey: Armenoid or Turanid? Based on the Turkish people I met, I think it's Turanid, I could be wrong tho.

Odelia
10-03-2021, 06:48 AM
Dumb question. Like asking if Americans are Mediterranean or Keltic Nordic. :picard2: Turks are a mixed bunch. You'll find most of the European and West Asian phenotypes there.

Sora
10-03-2021, 07:22 AM
Most Turks are either Med, Pontid or Turanid, or mix of these three. Armenoid Turks are very rare. Odelia is right, Turkish people have colored phenotypes from Aralid to Gracile Med

Tellerin
10-03-2021, 01:27 PM
If as main clusters Turkish people are
35% Turanid(Iranid+Mongoloid)(front Asia christians not centralised tribe structure) -
65% Armenoid of Anatolid type(Alpin+Cappadocian) local farmers+hunter gatherers

Hektor12
10-03-2021, 01:33 PM
If as main clusters Turkish people are
35% Turanid(Iranid+Mongoloid)(front Asia christians not centralised tribe structure) -
65% Armenoid of Anatolid type(Alpin+Cappadocian) local farmers+hunter gatherers

So we cant find any Pontid, Alpinid, East med people there. Interesting.