PDA

View Full Version : State the main phenotypes of these people from Swansea, South Wales

Tooting Carmen
10-05-2021, 01:12 PM
My home city. Of note are the number of English accents among the interviewees - English people (including myself) are easily 15-20% or so of the city's population.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRXTElonA8U

Roy
10-05-2021, 01:58 PM
So Welsh people speaking English speak with a ... Welsh accent?

Tooting Carmen
10-05-2021, 02:02 PM
So Welsh people speaking English speak with a ... Welsh accent?

The majority of them, although there are more who have (pseudo) English accents than is true of the Irish and Scots.

Tooting Carmen
01-16-2022, 10:07 PM
bump

Oliver109
01-16-2022, 10:18 PM
CM's, nordics, not much med influence really, i think Swansea is less Welsh than the surrounding areas, my set from Milford Haven was darker.

aherne
01-19-2022, 05:48 AM
CM dominant, Aryan comes second... Nothing else (it really shows how ENF were wiped out there: they left no phenotypic trace)

NSXD60
01-19-2022, 06:28 AM
Most look like my relatives, everyday white folks. And yes, we do have the occasional Tom Jones type here too; however diluted such aboriginal phenotypes are, the contrast still surprises. For some reason, btw, Jones looks even more Med (almost MENA) as a geezer than he did before his hair turned grey, huh!
Edit: Of course, I may be mistaken about Jones'es ancestry stemming only from Britain, and it may be revealed after his death that mom was impregnated by a former colonial and cucked dad. After all, Carol Channing only disclosed that her father was a White-passing mulatto after she retired from show biz.

Tooting Carmen
01-19-2022, 10:21 AM
Nothing else (it really shows how ENF were wiped out there: they left no phenotypic trace

Now that's an exaggeration.

aherne
01-19-2022, 02:30 PM
Now that's an exaggeration.

Indeed! There is a bit of alpine and med influence, but much less than among ethnic French nearby (I consider all brits to be one ethnicity, given they all speak English for many centuries)