PDA

View Full Version : Squid Game

Ruggery
10-13-2021, 08:28 PM
Has anyone seen this series? It has become a world boom in just a few days and everyone talks about that series on the internet.
https://i0.wp.com/cuatrobastardos.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Squid-Game-Poster.jpg?resize=2845%2C1500&ssl=1

Mixdguy17
10-13-2021, 08:33 PM
I saw it. Its pretty good.

TheMaestro
10-13-2021, 08:37 PM
Saw it, it's great because it forces you to watch another and another ep.

Ruggery
10-13-2021, 08:47 PM
I saw it. Its pretty good.

Saw it, it's great because it forces you to watch another and another ep.

I'm starting it and now I understand why so many people like it, each episode leaves you wanting more.

Tsuin
10-13-2021, 09:02 PM
Gonna check it out myself, heard it's good

Celestia
10-13-2021, 09:09 PM
Finished it in two days. Best series I’ve seen in quite some time. It makes me wonder if something like this will happen in the future (if not already)

Faklon
10-13-2021, 09:16 PM
Haven't watched it but it reads like a "less kawai more PC" Kaiji ripoff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ3Qqn27Mnc&ab_channel=Animezero

I may check it in the weekend.

Ruggery
10-13-2021, 09:41 PM
Finished it in two days. Best series I’ve seen in quite some time. It makes me wonder if something like this will happen in the future (if not already)

I hope not, but as the world is it would not be surprising if something this macabre could happen, in fact there are many clandestine things that happen and people do not realize it, for example on the Deep Web.

Ruggery
10-13-2021, 09:42 PM
Haven't watched it but it reads like a "less kawai more PC" Kaiji ripoff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ3Qqn27Mnc&ab_channel=Animezero

I may check it in the weekend.
The premise is similar?

TheMaestro
10-13-2021, 09:57 PM

There is 100% something close to this although not as a paid competition rather than win for your life.
Anyways you know that the main character and the old guy are father and son?

Celestia
10-13-2021, 09:58 PM
I hope not, but as the world is it would not be surprising if something this macabre could happen, in fact there are many clandestine things that happen and people do not realize it, for example on the Deep Web.

I’ve heard stories about the dark web. I’m way too sensitive of a person to look into that, I’d rather remain ignorant lol

Celestia
10-13-2021, 10:00 PM
There is 100% something close to this although not as a paid competition rather than win for your life.

Ugh that puts a knot in my stomach.

And yeah! People have been posting it on fb and it makes sense for them to be related!

Ruggery
10-13-2021, 10:03 PM
I’ve heard stories about the dark web. I’m way too sensitive of a person to look into that, I’d rather remain ignorant lol

And do not do it, because you risk a lot of being doxed and not by normal people but probably by evil or psychopathic people. Many people, just out of curiosity, have been hacked and taken personal information out of them, as well as someone who will probably see ugly things there.

Faklon
10-13-2021, 10:05 PM
The premise is similar?

Seems so, the Yakuza organizes games where failed boomers and 20yo outcasts compete to either become indebted slaves or dead meat.

RenaRyuguu
10-13-2021, 11:03 PM
idk I don't like it it looks boring idk

Hasien
10-13-2021, 11:18 PM
I did watched nice movie, but kinda psychopathic.

Italicus
10-13-2021, 11:21 PM
Watched some of it, it's pretty good.

Ruggery
10-14-2021, 12:31 AM
I did watched nice movie, but kinda psychopathic.

Exactly like other sagas like Jigsaw or the Purge, that's what the series is about, showing how psychopathic people can be.

Ylla
10-14-2021, 06:02 AM
I was hooked and binge watched the episodes.
- That sex scene was gross lol
- I predicted the ending early on (so annoying when this happens!). I'm always disappointed by endings to series because my imagination is more interesting ^^
-The acting was incredible
- I didn't like his hair at the end, it just looked silly and added nothing (unless I'm missing something).

Ruggery
10-14-2021, 04:11 PM
I was hooked and binge watched the episodes.
- That sex scene was gross lol
- I predicted the ending early on (so annoying when this happens!). I'm always disappointed by endings to series because my imagination is more interesting ^^
-The acting was incredible
- I didn't like his hair at the end, it just looked silly and added nothing (unless I'm missing something).

I was also grossed out by the worst man with probably the worst woman.
Did you expect that plot twist? one of the organizers was a player participating in the game,
I guess he dyed his hair red to show that change (or that's my perspective) probably in season two will try to end those games.
The girl and the Pakistani made me sad.
I also felt sorry for the policeman.

Faklon
10-15-2021, 02:50 PM
Watched most of it.

Not that impressed tbh, I prefer Kaiji. They also used "fly me to the moon" from NGE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P91pvMdoZ80&ab_channel=SamantaS.Segovia

I mean, good but it doesn't deserve the hype. Other unhyped netflixtard series like Mindhunter are better.

Ylla
10-15-2021, 03:05 PM
I was also grossed out by the worst man with probably the worst woman.
Did you expect that plot twist? one of the organizers was a player participating in the game,
I guess he dyed his hair red to show that change (or that's my perspective) probably in season two will try to end those games.
The girl and the Pakistani made me sad.
I also felt sorry for the policeman.

Yeah I thought the old man seemed suss from the get go. Especially as he was the first player and his behaviour was quite odd. I figured out that the main character betting in the beginning was something significant. It shows how the super rich are able to exploit the poor and needy.

Batavia
10-15-2021, 09:48 PM

How do you know?

Ruggery
10-17-2021, 11:37 PM
How do you know?

I also want to know.

Jehan
10-22-2021, 02:33 PM
I watched it and trully apreciate.
Even if they are some irational stuff, like 455 people disapear every year in south korea and the police have never heard of it...

Batavia
04-09-2022, 08:25 AM

How do you know?