PDA

View Full Version : Curly hair in Europe?

Albion
10-27-2011, 11:42 PM
What is the origin of it and where is it most prevalent? I always thought of it as an Iberian or Irish trait, most people with curly hair I've seen tend to have black hair but I have seen some with blonde curly hair too.

So, does anyone know much about it?

leisitox
10-27-2011, 11:53 PM
CM deribates tend to have wavy-curly hair. See brunns in SNPA.
And we talk about curly hair, not negro type of hair. isnt it :)?

gold_fenix
10-27-2011, 11:55 PM
My mother was a platinum curls girl, for example

Beorn
10-27-2011, 11:58 PM
Sorry if this is de-railing the topic, Albion, but what would members consider 'tight-curly hair'? Would you consider that to be only present within persons of African descent? I ask because of a previous discussion with an African-American stylist who was adamant that it is an African only trait.

Albion
10-28-2011, 12:08 AM
Sorry if this is de-railing the topic, Albion, but what would members consider 'tight-curly hair'? Would you consider that to be only present within persons of African descent? I ask because of a previous discussion with an African-American stylist who was adamant that it is an African only trait.

I'm not all that knowledgeable on the subject, I'd need pictures to know what exactly you mean by it.

CM deribates tend to have wavy-curly hair. See brunns in SNPA.
And we talk about curly hair, not negro type of hair. isnt it :)?

No, I'm not interested in the Negro type, just the European type.

Beorn
10-28-2011, 12:12 AM
I'm not all that knowledgeable on the subject, I'd need pictures to know what exactly you mean by it.

In short, the discussion went like this:

African tight curly hair. (http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&biw=1024&bih=617&q=tight+curly+hair&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi)

and

European tight curly hair. (http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&biw=1024&bih=617&q=tight+curly+hair&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi#um=1&hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=european+curly+hair&oq=european+curly+&aq=2S&aqi=g-S3&aql=1&gs_sm=c&gs_upl=17445l21000l2l22879l17l17l1l1l1l0l295l2077l 5.7.3l15l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=e2afb4a1c37e8eb7&biw=1024&bih=617)

Obviously both links need to discount certain members found on each search, but the argument was based mostly on who had more right to the term. I know, a sad internet argument, but one I found interesting.

Money Shot
10-28-2011, 12:32 AM
My hair is very curly. When I was a lad growing up in the '70s, I had a full head of dark curly hair. Not quite "jew fro" curly, but looser curls.

Some people thought my hair was coarse and thick, but it is not. It's actually a medium to fine texture. However, there is alot of it.

As an adult, I've always had to have short hair. The shorter the better seems to work best for me since my psuedo jew fro likes to grow all wild and do it's own thing. Combing and brushing do nothing to control it. So it's the clippers with a number 1 guard once a week.

My daughter inherited my hair. She hates it. It's fun to watch her get annoyed and spend hours trying to straighten it with a straightening iron. :D

Logan
10-28-2011, 12:37 AM
I would think the curly to be an older more Southern genetic adaptation. The straighter a more Northern one. I do not know, but would expect the Neanderthal to have been more to the latter.:cool:

leisitox
10-28-2011, 12:39 AM
I would think the curly to be an older more Southern genetic adaptation. The straighter a more Northern one. I do not know, but would expect the Neanderthal to have been more to the latter.:cool:

mmm, so explain the irish brunns :p and CM derivates like tronders.
They arent southern, I think.

Logan
10-28-2011, 12:43 AM
mmm, so explain the irish brunns :p and CM derivates like tronders.
They arent southern, I think.

My opinion. I would not think the Brunns, if it be their trait, to have originated in Erie. We might need a geneticist.:cool:

Panopticon
10-28-2011, 08:29 AM
Dalofaelids primarily I believe.

mymy
10-28-2011, 08:31 AM
My sister has it.

Sylvanus
10-28-2011, 09:29 AM
Herodotos said in the Caucasus lived "ethiops" with black skin and curly hari, and the some archeologist negroid population lived in North-Italy Liguria, and many historicians think before the Strait of Giblaltar not exist the the Africans (including black africans) could pass to Europe, and after the Glacial the europid population with curly hairs to the British-isles.

I think the cromagnids relative with the mongolids did not have curly hair.

Panopticon
10-28-2011, 09:35 AM
Herodotos said in the Caucasus lived "ethiops" with black skin and curly hari, and the some archeologist negroid population lived in North-Italy Liguria, and many historicians think before the Strait of Giblaltar not exist the the Africans (including black africans) could pass to Europe, and after the Glacial the europid population with curly hairs to the British-isles.

I think the cromagnids relative with the mongolids did not have curly hair.

African genetic impact on Europeans and the people bordering Europe is probably much lower than the amount of curly hair. Mixing with Africans doesn't explain why curly hair is so common among Cromagnids and Alpinids and to a lesser extent Dinarids as well.

It doesn't explain why some of the countries which are the least likely to have African genetic infleunce are also some of those with the most curly hair.

It's as ridiculous as saying that every European with Dark hair or eyes has non-European relatives.

Mordid
10-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Curly hair can most certainly be found in Europe. Specifically, it is often associated with Cromagnid. Of course, it also depends on one's definition of curly. There is difference between an African and Cromagnid individual, then let's say from the British Isles, for example, despite both being seen as curly-haired.

rhiannon
10-28-2011, 09:59 AM
What is the origin of it and where is it most prevalent? I always thought of it as an Iberian or Irish trait, most people with curly hair I've seen tend to have black hair but I have seen some with blonde curly hair too.

So, does anyone know much about it?

One of the prettiest girls I ever knew as a child had that fire-engine, bright red hair, but it was extremely curly, as in spiral ringlets. She also had lots of freckles and bright blue eyes. She was so pretty!!

Sylvanus
10-28-2011, 10:10 AM
why curly hair is so common among [...] Alpinids

[...]

It's as ridiculous as saying that every European with Dark hair or eyes has non-European relatives.

What am I reading? Lol. We speak the about the curly hair, not the dark pigmentation you functional analphabet. And the alpinids have typically straight hair, lol. We speak about the curly hair and some irish and scottish individual have this with rufousity.

Why did not you peruse my post before posting b.shit?

And many cromagnids have NOT curly hair, moreover they have typically straight strong thick hair.

I know the Britihs-isles and the East-coast the Axis Mundi but this is painful...

Albion
10-28-2011, 08:18 PM
In short, the discussion went like this:

African tight curly hair. (http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&biw=1024&bih=617&q=tight+curly+hair&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi)

and

European tight curly hair. (http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&biw=1024&bih=617&q=tight+curly+hair&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi#um=1&hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=european+curly+hair&oq=european+curly+&aq=2S&aqi=g-S3&aql=1&gs_sm=c&gs_upl=17445l21000l2l22879l17l17l1l1l1l0l295l2077l 5.7.3l15l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=e2afb4a1c37e8eb7&biw=1024&bih=617)

Obviously both links need to discount certain members found on each search, but the argument was based mostly on who had more right to the term. I know, a sad internet argument, but one I found interesting.

I'd say the European type is different and unrelated.

Yep.

Christian552
10-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Of course there is curly hair in Europe.. it's as European trait as anything else,
places where it would not be found is in Asia; and in Africa they have "kinky" hair which I don't consider curly.

Albion
10-28-2011, 08:25 PM
Of course there is curly hair in Europe.. it's as European trait as anything else,
places where it would not be found is in Asia; and in Africa they have "kinky" hair which I don't consider curly.

Well I think this is the main difference. African "curls" are basically like sheep's fleece - when they grow their hair longer an illusion of real curls can be created.

Real curls are a European trait.

Logan
10-28-2011, 08:42 PM
http://kentsimmons.uwinnipeg.ca/16cm05/1116/34-37-ApesCollage.jpg

Odd thought, but one might wonder why none of the other Apes have this feature.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/55/176698531_ce95b09578.jpg

A diverse lot.;)