PDA

View Full Version : 'Ghost Train' (BBC, 1989)

The Lawspeaker
10-30-2011, 05:05 AM
ZnFve0Fb8dk

'Ghost Train'
BBC '40 Minutes' Documentary - Rare Spooky VHS!

Audio boosted & de-noised the best I can. All Chingle Hall clips are more difficult to hear, due to the original recording conditions.

Wonderfully shot around the UK in 1989. My favourite section is the grand old man with the dragon motif in his ceiling, the music & story are very touching, it's often brought a tear to my eye - Anyone know what piece of music it is , please let me know.

Most believable story is the man talking about his Aunts who were sisters. Watch out for the hilarious little boy talking about his sister, cute doesn't cover it. I'm not mad about the last part at the airfield, but overall if you can put up with the sound it's an excellent programme.

I have tried to clean up the audio as best I can, the picture was OK to start with, but I've run that through a few filters too. The file size has increased from an original 500mb to 2.5gb, so I hope you can all hear it now - bloody old tapes ;-) The first 45 seconds have accidentally been cut off, as I can't be bothered to go through torturous rendering again, I've upload this file separately ;-)

Enjoy!