PDA

View Full Version : Classify my maternal grandfather!

Gergő Marosvári
11-28-2021, 10:04 AM
I am very curious about my maternal grandfather's taxonomy, so if you have any thoughts about his look please share it with me.
He is Hungarian from Central Hungary, from a village next to Danube river. (Apostag, Bács Kiskun county)

https://i.postimg.cc/SQt22ZHC/IMG-20211121-163527.jpg

Jana
11-28-2021, 10:12 AM
Really resembles Marlon Brando as Mr.G stated. Robust Noric + Alpine. CentralEuro, but more west than east. He doesn't look much Slavic. More like a German, or a NW Euro mixed with Italian, in my opinion.

rothaer
11-28-2021, 10:37 AM
Predominantly faelid-alpinid, with nordid and a smaller east baltid influence. It may sound fantasy-less, but if I imagine him in different areas and then have to correct for more northern, southern, eastern or western, I actually end up in Hungary. This does not necessarly imply that he is a typical Hungarian, but at least that he would fit there best.

oszkar07
11-28-2021, 11:17 AM
Im not accomplished at taxonomy classification.
But I also am reminded of a young Marlon Brando when I look at him.
Secondly I can see some of your Grandfather's look in your face.

Gergő Marosvári
11-28-2021, 11:24 AM
Im not accomplished at taxonomy classification.
But I also am reminded of a young Marlon Brando when I look at him.
Secondly I can see some of your Grandfather's look in your face.

Agree, facial i look like a mix of my maternal grandfather and my paternal grandmother.
And it's impressive how many of you said that he looked like Marlon Brando.

Art23
11-28-2021, 11:25 AM
You look a lot like him. Neo Danubian.

Gergő Marosvári
11-28-2021, 07:12 PM
You look a lot like him. Neo Danubian.

Thanks!

Mr.G
11-28-2021, 08:47 PM
I think he is Gorid. Handsome man, I absolutely see the connection of your looks to his. For me he looks very Central European, I'd place him in the West Slavic countries; Czech republic, Slovakia, Slovenia. Also Hungary of course.