PDA

View Full Version : Guess.. Portuguese descent girl mixed or not mixed?

herrwolf88
10-31-2011, 07:49 PM
This is a picture from a Portuguese descent girl whose family immigrate to Latin american in the 1950's the tricky part is for you to guess based on her appearance if her family did or did not interbreed with indigenous or African population of Latin America so with no further comment there it is..

Alonzo

Siginulfo
10-31-2011, 07:51 PM
Sincerely I don't note non-Europid influences, but I could be wrong.

Onychodus
10-31-2011, 07:55 PM
small pictures

herrwolf88
10-31-2011, 08:02 PM
small pictures

yeah that's true here's a bigger one.

Alonzo

Onychodus
10-31-2011, 08:04 PM
generally she looks european

Rosenrot
10-31-2011, 08:05 PM
Is she brazilian?

herrwolf88
10-31-2011, 08:08 PM
Is she brazilian?

No she is not but the county where she is from you may called it the most similar country to Brasil racially speaking. (and I think that's a big hint to solve the question that the post asked)

PD: Untermensch? How come?

herrwolf88
10-31-2011, 08:17 PM
The good thing about this classification exercise is that I have pictures of her family including grandmother so this can be a very accurate measure of your classification ability or inability.

Gratis
10-31-2011, 08:38 PM
No she is not but the county where she is from you may called it the most similar country to Brasil racially speaking. (and I think that's a big hint to solve the question that the post asked)

PD: Untermensch? How come?

Is she Venezuelan?

Sikeliot
10-31-2011, 08:43 PM
Looks like a Portuguese type (Berid in classification) that I've seen often enough.

herrwolf88
10-31-2011, 08:46 PM
Looks like a Portuguese type (Berid in classification) that I've seen often enough.

So your perception is that she hasn't Non-European blood on her heritage interesting... so that's your bet no second thoughts ? :D

Sikeliot
10-31-2011, 08:46 PM
So your perception is that she hasn't Non-European blood on her heritage interesting... so that's your bet no second thoughts ? :D

Even if she has non-European ancestry, she could still pass for fully Portuguese.

heyaitsme
10-31-2011, 08:48 PM
Brazilian of Portuguese descent..?

herrwolf88
10-31-2011, 09:11 PM
Is she Venezuelan?

Now you impress me dude either you investigate or you're really going down in racial topics congrats yes indeed she's Venezuelan!

herrwolf88
10-31-2011, 09:15 PM
Even if she has non-European ancestry, she could still pass for fully Portuguese.

well I dunno is matter of perception because just making a simple comparison between how you look as a Portuguese woman and how she looks I can spot some significant differences but then again that doesn't mean those differences have to be a consequence of a non-European ancestry does it?

Alonzo

Gratis
10-31-2011, 09:53 PM
Now you impress me dude either you investigate or you're really going down in racial topics congrats yes indeed she's Venezuelan!

Venezuela is the only other Latin American country with a significant Portuguese diaspora so that's the main reason I figured she might be Venezuelan.

herrwolf88
10-31-2011, 09:58 PM
Venezuela is the only other Latin American country with a significant Portuguese diaspora so that's the main reason I figured she might be Venezuelan.

That's one of the reasons but Venezuela is indeed similar more than any south american country to Brazil Racially speaking. I think that with all this information by this point could've guessed if she's mixed or not and if she's got non-European heritage

herrwolf88
10-31-2011, 11:30 PM
so nobody else? last chance I'm to give you the pictures of her mother father and grandmother so can see how accurate you bets about her mixed or no mixed racial heritage were.

Armand_Duval
10-31-2011, 11:37 PM
She is caucasic looking, if she had amerind in her genotype it is not noticeable in her phenotype.

herrwolf88
10-31-2011, 11:43 PM
She is caucasic looking, if she had amerind in her genotype it is not noticeable in her phenotype.

Well my friend you'll see she ain't got not ameridian blood on her but she's certainly not 100% European which do you think is the heritage that in a considerable percentage she has on her blood?

Lábaru
10-31-2011, 11:54 PM
I think is castiza, 10-15% amerindian at least.

herrwolf88
11-01-2011, 12:01 AM
I think is castiza, 10-15% amerindian at least.

I'm sorry Spanish brother but no everyone who happen to live or was born in Latin-america have Amerindian blood in fact in countries like Brasil and Venezuela most of the racial mixing was with the negro which means that the African element is predominant on mestizos in those nations. And in addition there's a large group of population called "criollos" which in a high degree never mixed with other race beside their own (which is mostly Caucasian of course)

Armand_Duval
11-01-2011, 12:03 AM
Well my friend you'll see she ain't got not ameridian blood on her but she's certainly not 100% European which do you think is the heritage that in a considerable percentage she has on her blood?

That would be very hard to say I mean she should take a DNA test to know her admix, other than that she looks caucasic to me, I bet you if you saw this woman walking by the streets of Madrid she wouldn't particularly stand out from the locals.

She is a new worlder that means she might have certain ammount of admixing but I dont think such ammount should be more than 1/8, of course I say this only based on her phenotype.

Lábaru
11-01-2011, 12:07 AM
I'm sorry Spanish brother but no everyone who happen to live or was born in Latin-america have Amerindian blood in fact in countries like Brasil and Venezuela most of the racial mixing was with the negro which means that the African element is predominant on mestizos in those nations. And in addition there's a large group of population called "criollos" which in a high degree never mixed with other race beside their own (which is mostly Caucasian of course)

Is my opinion. This girl has some Native American blood, although I understand that in America is considered a purely European a girl like her, obviously is more European than Indian.

Is some kind of taboo have some Native American blood? then why you ask?

herrwolf88
11-01-2011, 12:07 AM
That would be very hard to say I mean she should take a DNA test to know her admix, other than that she looks caucasic to me, I bet you if you saw this woman walking by the streets of Madrid she wouldn't particularly stand out from the locals.

She is a new worlder that means she might have certain ammount of admixing but I dont think such ammount should be more than 1/8, of course I say this only based on her phenotype.

well you know what before the pictures let's get this over her grandmother was a negro I don't know to which race her grandfather belonged but her mother had unmistakable African features (IMO) as you can confirm or deny when I show you the pics her father is actually Portuguese so that means that all her family on her father side is European while her mother side is mostly negro.

Armand_Duval
11-01-2011, 12:14 AM
well you know what before the pictures let's get this over her grandmother was a negro I don't know to which race her grandfather belonged but her mother had unmistakable African features (IMO) as you can confirm or deny when I show you the pics her father is actually Portuguese so that means that all her family on her father side is European while her mother side is mostly negro.

So she's a quadroon.

Genetics is treachy, in her case the white genes dominated over the black ones so she doesnt resemble black in her genotype, however black genes are so strong she could have a black kid, it happens and those people were called "Salta pa' tras" "Jump backwards" in the old colonial caste system.

herrwolf88
11-01-2011, 12:20 AM
Is my opinion. This girl has some Native American blood, although I understand that in America is considered a purely European a girl like her, obviously is more European than Indian.

Is some kind of taboo have some Native American blood? then why you ask?

it's not a taboo at all is just that this girl has not Amerindian Blood at all (if you look at her ancestor you can tell) and sometimes when you analyze the racial make up in America you have to take as an fundamental factor the presence of negro blood more than Amerindian and in some other countries the Caucasian race is predominant that of course is false if you're one of those Spanish who consider any Latin american an "INDIO" no matter what his heritage could be but I don't think you are one of those so don't take it as a personal thing because is not.
[/LIST]ian

Lábaru
11-01-2011, 12:31 AM
it's not a taboo at all is just that this girl has not Amerindian Blood at all (if you look at her ancestor you can tell) and sometimes when you analyze the racial make up in America you have to take as an fundamental factor the presence of negro blood more than Amerindian and in some other countries the Caucasian race is predominant that of course is false if you're one of those Spanish who consider any Latin american an "INDIO" no matter what his heritage could be but I don't think you are one of those so don't take it as a personal thing because is not.
[/LIST]ian

no, it's nothing personal, you ask, I answer. She can have the three bloods (amerindian and African in minority), I dont see the problem.

herrwolf88
11-01-2011, 12:42 AM
So she's a quadroon.

Genetics is treachy, in her case the white genes dominated over the black ones so she doesnt resemble black in her genotype, however black genes are so strong she could have a black kid, it happens and those people were called "Salta pa' tras" "Jump backwards" in the old colonial caste system.

totally agree.

herrwolf88
11-01-2011, 12:54 AM
as promised here you have the picture of her family specifically her grandmother, mother and father so you can decide by yourself which is her racial constitution.

Strangely enough in Argentina everyone thinks this girl has something strange on his heritage and some of them get to say she is sort of mixed.

herrwolf88
11-01-2011, 12:55 AM
as promised here you have the picture of her family specifically her grandmother, mother and father so you can decide by yourself which is her racial constitution.

Strangely enough in Argentina everyone thinks this girl has something strange on his heritage and some of them get to say she is sort of mixed.

And they're right as you can see!

Marshall Theodore
03-05-2023, 11:29 PM
Berid

Does not show non-euro traits.