PDA

View Full Version : JFK files released: KGB may be behind his assassination

Hulu
12-15-2021, 05:33 PM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10312905/JFK-assassination-files-released-TODAY.html

Top secret JFK assassination files are FINALLY released: Lee Harvey Oswald was in contact with member of KGB two months before shooting and anonymous phone calls said Russia was behind it, trove of 1,500 documents reveal
More than 1,500 files were released by the National Archives at noon on Wednesday about JFK's assassination
They include memos by CIA officers in the immediate aftermath of the shooting on November 23, 1963
One details how Lee Harvey Oswald met with a KGB agent on September 29, 1963, in Mexico City
Not all of the files will be released; the NSA is holding some back pending further review
The secrecy has fueled conspiracy theories about JFK's assassination
The President was killed in 1963 by Lee Harvey Oswald while riding in his motorcade in Dallas, Texas
Oswald denied shooting JFK in his interviews with police; he was killed two days later while being transported by police by a nightclub owner who shot him
Biden had promised to make the files public by October but he delayed, claiming COVID back logs stalled the release

Colonel Frank Grimes
12-15-2021, 10:55 PM
I don't understand why the Soviets would want to assassinate JFK. There is no gain.

The group with the biggest issue with the Kennedys would be the mafia. JFK wouldn't have won the election without the mafia and he turned on them. His brother Bobby went after the mafia like a pitbull. The CIA wasn't fond of the Kennedys, either.

Armenian Bishop
12-15-2021, 11:32 PM
I don't understand why the Soviets would want to assassinate JFK. There is no gain.

The group with the biggest issue with the Kennedys would be the mafia. JFK wouldn't have won the election without the mafia and he turned on them. His brother Bobby went after the mafia like a pitbull. The CIA wasn't fond of the Kennedys, either.

I agree with that -- Khrushchev seemed to enjoy American Cultural ideas, at that time.