PDA

View Full Version : What is the worst injury you've had and what's the story behind it?

Ellethwyn
12-18-2021, 02:31 AM
Also, how does it affect you now, if at all?

alnortedelsur
12-18-2021, 02:37 AM
When I was 7 or 8 years old I fell from the top of a slide and broke my arm. It was in a cast for several weeks, so no consequences today.

Ellethwyn
12-18-2021, 02:52 AM
When I was 7 or 8 years old I fell from the top of a slide and broke my arm. It was in a cast for several weeks, so no consequences today.

That seems to be a common one, - a broken arm in childhood. I've never broken my arm. I've only broken one bone, it was my big toe's metatarsal.

My worst injury was when I was 3 years old. I fell into a campfire, and got third, nearly fourth degree burns on my right arm and hand.
I am all scarred up, and have gone through multiple surgeries. My hand is ok, but severely scarred, and I now have arthritis in it. It looks like rheumatoid arthritis.

alnortedelsur
12-18-2021, 03:02 AM
That seems to be a common one, - a broken arm in childhood. I've never broken my arm. I've only broken one bone, it was my big toe's metatarsal.

My worst injury was when I was 3 years old. I fell into a campfire, and got third, nearly fourth degree burns on my right arm and hand.
I am all scarred up, and have gone through multiple surgeries. My hand is ok, but severely scarred, and I now have arthritis in it. It looks like rheumatoid arthritis.

I'm sorry to know about it :(

I wish you to get better from all that. What do your doctors say?

And how did you brake your big toe's metatarsal? I'm just curious.

Ellethwyn
12-18-2021, 03:16 AM
I'm sorry to know about it :(

I wish you to get better from all that. What do your doctors say?

And how did you brake your big toe's metatarsal? I'm just curious.

Thanks. It is actually my very first memory... falling into the fire. =/

The doctors don't say much. I did physical therapy for a long time. That helps.

A heavy framed mirror fell off of a wall straight onto my foot.

bvnny
12-18-2021, 03:35 AM
I broke my wrist skateboarding

Rędwald
12-18-2021, 03:37 AM
I got mugged, my patella (kneecap) was dislocated in the process. I've broken many bones, scars, stitches, but ligament damage is by far the worst. Still acts up from time to time, but it's mostly good.

Ellethwyn
12-18-2021, 03:53 AM
I got mugged, my patella (kneecap) was dislocated in the process. I've broken many bones, scars, stitches, but ligament damage is by far the worst. Still acts up from time to time, but it's mostly good.

What was it like getting mugged? Did you fight them? That sounds painful. My cousin was mugged at gun point at an ATM at the bank (this was in Oakland, CA). She didn't even give them the money. She just yelled, "He's got a gun!" lol she's crazy. I prob would've thrown the money at him. It worked though. He ran away.

stellan
12-18-2021, 04:10 AM
When I was 15 I sliced my thumb with a knife and had to get stitches.

Rędwald
12-18-2021, 04:10 AM
What was it like getting mugged? Did you fight them? That sounds painful. My cousin was mugged at gun point at an ATM at the bank (this was in Oakland, CA). She didn't even give them the money. She just yelled, "He's got a gun!" lol she's crazy. I prob would've thrown the money at him. It worked though. He ran away.

No, there were three of them. I didn't fight them as there wasn't much point, and I didn't want to encourage worse injury. It sucked, but that was what put an end to my city living.

Chocolatepug37
12-18-2021, 04:17 AM
So I don’t know if this is considered A injury per se because it’s not falling off something or getting cut. But I had pneumonia four years ago and I’ve never quite felt the same sense. I always need to be careful about overexerting myself as far as working too hard or too late in the office, or doing too much strenuous exercise will knock me backwards and I can get sick very easily. Problems like this never occurred before I got sick with pneumonia it completely changed my system. Word of advice: if you ever are thinking you have pneumonia or you’re not sure go to the doctor immediately to be checked out. Better to find it sooner rather than later so the damage to the lungs will not progress. It can create scarring.

Anglo-Celtic
12-18-2021, 04:49 AM
I passed a stone a few years back. It felt like I got kicked in the balls for four hours straight, like a line-drive-to-crotch bloopers scene on constant replay.

Celestia
12-18-2021, 04:58 AM
This isn't really an injury but when I was getting ready to deliver my daughter, the anesthesiologist couldn't find the right place to stick the epidural in my back.. they ended up poking me 15 different times over a span of 2 hours until they found the correct place. The worst pain of my life.

WhatsGoingOnBigGuy
12-18-2021, 05:03 AM
i don't have any that still affect me in any way today, but the worst I can remember is when I was on a family camping trip playing football with my cousins and accidentally tripped and fell backwards on one of those low to the ground grills and got 3rd degree burns on the back of my calf.

Honestly can't even remember why there was an active grill with nothing cooking on it sitting out there in the open and somehow none of our parents noticed as we were playing right next to it lmao.

Perunovsin
12-18-2021, 06:50 AM
I dunno, but got drunk yesterday, and got fucked up by 5 hooligans pretty nice lol, got some stitches, another scar to the collection

catgeorge
12-18-2021, 07:29 AM
Playing sport broke ribs and one of the ribs pierced my lung - air bubbles were all over my chest and neck - was in hospital for three days.

Ellethwyn
12-18-2021, 07:39 AM
Playing sport broke ribs and one of the ribs pierced my lung - air bubbles were all over my chest and neck - was in hospital for three days.

That sounds so painful to pierce a lung, and how interesting it causes air bubbles like that. Wow!

Faklon
12-18-2021, 07:41 AM
I had 4 head injuries, some stitches are still visible. Some burns also.

The most dramatic one was when I fell from a cliff while climbing, my knee hit a stone and opened wide, I could see the bone. Had to walk through the forest to find a Taxi to the hospital.

Ellethwyn
12-18-2021, 07:43 AM
I had 4 head injuries, some stitches are still visible. Some burns also.

The most dramatic one was when I fell from a cliff while climbing, my knee hit a stone and opened wide, I could see the bone. Had to walk through the forest to find a Taxi to the hospital.

That's brutal! How far did you go until you found a taxi?

Zeno
12-18-2021, 07:47 AM
Sprained and fractured my anκle in the 6th grade. Was on cast and ice for 1 week.

I got from playing in the playground, and I couldn't walk immediately after that

Faklon
12-18-2021, 07:47 AM
That's brutal! How far did you go until you found a taxi?

2-3 kilometeres but I was hot and didn't quite feel the pain yet.

I was like "Hello Bone", the next week I couldn't walk at all.

Jana
12-18-2021, 08:00 AM
Skull fracture (forehead), multiple verterbrae cracks and my nose suffered multiple breaks, nearly detaching from my face. I was 17 and fell from bycicle. Consequences are that my once snub nose is gone, nosestrils changed shape due to bone movement (I can't breathe trough one of them), my facial symetry is bit interrupted (nose is slightly moved to the side) and my hair in the front started turning gray since than.

JamesBond007
12-18-2021, 09:49 AM

I was almost mugged they asked me to just throw my wallet to the ground instead I threw off my bag, I was carrying, and stood them down. It was next to central park in Manhattan but it was two guys but they had no weapons out so I just stood my ground like I was going to beat the sh*t out of them and one dude said : "If I see you around again I'm going to kill you" but I was like "whatever, sounds like bullshit" and they never got my wallet.

Anyway, a couple of injuries working in a warehouse one time I almost lost a nail forever and another I had gash on my leg that needed to be stitched up -- nothing too bad.

Ylla
12-18-2021, 01:37 PM
I fell on the stairs and busted my lip while playing with my group of friends. I still have the scar from the stitches. I think I was around 5.

GDDR6
12-18-2021, 02:22 PM
Never had any serious injuries.

Arūnas
12-18-2021, 02:29 PM
does clinical death count?

GDDR6
12-18-2021, 02:33 PM
does clinical death count?

Because of Iwona?

Arūnas
12-18-2021, 02:44 PM
Because of Iwona?

no, on that time there was another virus called Anna (04-13-2011) :picard2: but not because of her, just high fever (43) and so on, no phisical injuries

GDDR6
12-18-2021, 02:55 PM
no, on that time there was another virus called Anna (04-13-2011) :picard2: but not because of her, just high fever (43) and so on, no phisical injuries

How did you get such fever?

Ellethwyn
12-18-2021, 10:27 PM
I was almost mugged they asked me to just throw my wallet to the ground instead I threw off my bag, I was carrying, and stood them down. It was next to central park in Manhattan but it was two guys but they had no weapons out so I just stood my ground like I was going to beat the sh*t out of them and one dude said : "If I see you around again I'm going to kill you" but I was like "whatever, sounds like bullshit" and they never got my wallet.

Wow, unbelievable.

Voskos
12-18-2021, 10:30 PM
I got some bruises while fighting JamesBond007

Andullero
12-18-2021, 10:33 PM
One of my cousins (RIP) accidentally hit me when riding a swing, uppercut like, on the chin when I was 2. I survived the thing, incredibly, but have had the mark of the stitches done on my chin ever since.