PDA

View Full Version : The earth has its limits

Brennende Lieb
11-01-2011, 07:22 PM
The earth has its limits: The rapid world population growth

http://www.blauenarzisse.de/images/erde.jpg

According to calculations by the UN, the world population has now grown to over seven billion people. Within just twelve years so came another billion Earthlings. A reason to celebrate all that is not if we consider the possible consequences. I think it is perhaps now time to stop the endless quantitative growth and spread of the destructive to the human race. In times of uncontrollable proliferation of the people and the ever-increasing destruction of our planet through the ultimate creation it has become difficult to return to the natural and healthy relation with our habitat necessary to believe.

While being born in industrialized nations fewer children and the society is getting older, the continuing high fertility rate in developing countries provides for the further growth of world population, particularly in Africa and Asia. The UN stated that about half of the seven billion is under 25 years old.
Experts expect a world population on nine billion people in 2050. Europe will be the only country whose populatoin will be decline.

More people, more consumption, more risk

http://www.anus.com/tribes/gnus/images/overpopulation.jpg

The demographic development has far-reaching implications: the demand for food, raw materials and consumer goods will rise. In order to satisfy the needs for food, shelter and a little luxury which could encroach further into the nature. Clearing forests, digging and drilling for natural resources, the expansion of agriculture and fisheries - generally the excessive and continuous pressing of nature by man - is leading to enormous environmental pollution. For a long term the Earth con not cope this development.

If the various resources disappear, not only the prices will be increased, but also the willingness to acquire it. With further poverty by additional shortages may be expected therefore, as well as with violent conlicts - young men are numerous.

But also the integration will be increase. The overpopulation and the destruction of livelihoods in developing countries will increase the pressure of walking involved. The demographically weak Europe therefore to particularly provides for the Asian and African migrants. Concrete measures for active population policy in developing countries are missing - but also in Europe seems to be lacking the will to do something. The development policies of the industrialized countries should begin to support a meaningful and sustainable population development in the respective countries. Finally, the brain drain torpedoed one hand, all efforts to economically weak countries to assist in their development, on the other hand, in developed countries by the necessary social reform immigration processes is suppressed and even provoked new conflicts.

http://www.anus.com/tribes/gnus/images/fuckingmoron_copy1.png

source: Blaue Narzisse (http://www.blauenarzisse.de/index.php/anstoss/2895-die-erde-stoesst-an-ihre-grenzen-das-rasante-welt-bevoelkerungswachstum) and anus/gnus (http://www.anus.com/tribes/gnus/entry/463/7_Milliarden_-_ein_Wort_zur_Ma)

2DREZQ
11-17-2011, 05:49 PM
Malthus is dead.

Not many attended the funeral.

The earth can probably carry between 9 and 10 billion, with only a little extension of current technology. With a few breakthroughs, who knows? 12 billion is a good estimate.

According to what I've read, we can expect things to level off between 9 and 10 bn.

I believe I'll have another Glenfiddich while I wait.

Breedingvariety
11-17-2011, 06:26 PM
Unsub If you are a population growth denier! PLEASE!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OMKUzZ9S6A

Allenson
11-17-2011, 06:27 PM
Even if we can support more, do we really want to? I say no. We're plenty enough crowded as it is. No mas!

Quality, not quantity.

BeerBaron
11-17-2011, 06:29 PM
See, now Goldman Sachs speculation on food is a good thing. Starving millions of africans, someone give them a medal.

Breedingvariety
11-17-2011, 06:37 PM
See, now Goldman Sachs speculation on food is a good thing. Starving millions of africans, someone give them a medal.
Paper Market has ZERO effect on the physical market:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muZ-6gTdsu4

Der Steinadler
11-17-2011, 07:00 PM
there's no need to worry about it.

Nature has checks and balances built in. it will sort itself out.

Allenson
11-17-2011, 08:00 PM

Perhaps we're in store for a significant bottleneck soon.....

Der Steinadler
11-17-2011, 08:11 PM
Perhaps we're in store for a significant bottleneck soon.....

yes, a sort of seperation.

a breakaway group leaving the rest to errr, well, decline back to their natural numbers.

Troll's Puzzle
11-17-2011, 08:14 PM

can't we get Hitler's-brain-in-a-jar to sort it instead of 'nature' though?

much more... interesting :popcorn:

http://www.cienciateca.com/madscitoon.gif

Der Steinadler
11-17-2011, 08:18 PM
can't we get Hitler's-brain-in-a-jar to sort it instead of 'nature' though?

much more... interesting :popcorn:

what do you mean ? Hitler's way of sorting it was perfectly Natural.

he did his Dharma.

BeerBaron
11-17-2011, 08:30 PM
Paper Market has ZERO effect on the physical market:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muZ-6gTdsu4

Oh, probably like speculation doesn't affect energy, like oil. Here's a video from a credible source, instead of the personal blog video you linked me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ17D9ICj1M

The percentage of speculation vs production has doubled since the 90's

Breedingvariety
11-17-2011, 09:18 PM
Oh, probably like speculation doesn't affect energy, like oil. Here's a video from a credible source, instead of the personal blog video you linked me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ17D9ICj1M

The percentage of speculation vs production has doubled since the 90's
:lol00002:Boo cheetahs, boo speculators.:lol00002:

That guy is just a talking head.

What does speculation vs. production mean?

The Lawspeaker
01-13-2012, 05:25 AM
Agreed. They should give them a medal for that one. After that they should be lined up and shot for the rest of the shit they have pulled over the years. :lightbul:

Albion
04-02-2012, 10:51 PM
I don't see why the bleeding hearts always act like this is our problem. If Asia and Africa choose to bonk like rabbits then it has nothing to do with us.

They'll run out of resources and compete with us for them whilst running out of water and farmland too.
Meanwhile Europe and the Americas may actually have more sensible population levels and should in theory fare better.

If Asia and Africa start competing for resources then protectionism would eventually be brought in. If they start grabbing land for resources then we defend ourselves. Hopefully they'd likely attack each other.

This is why I hate it when Americans pester Europe about its falling population. The population is falling in most of Europe but will eventually stabilise when the conditions are right for population growth.
The answer is not to out breed Muslims and Africans, it's to keep them out in the first place and to stop our governments using them as replacements. However even if the population wasn't falling they'd continue to import them anyway since more people means more labour (no matter how bad the labour actually is).

The Lawspeaker
04-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Besides.. it are "conservative Christian" (American) movements along with the Catholic Church that lobby (also abroad) against any form of family planning, contraceptives and abortion. So.. at the end of the day it are these "Christian" organisations, the Catholic Church (or should I call them "Chri$t Inc." ?) and the governments and policy makers they influence that are contributing to the population explosion in the third world. A nice example of it's devastating influence would be the Philippines (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_Philippines).

uX2Bgc5VKzU

FXYo5kmc6Mo

arcticwolf
04-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Dose anybody know what % are Caucasians of the total world population? I mean Europeans or people of European blood anywhere in the world. Are we around 13% or less?

Albion
04-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Besides.. it are "conservative Christian" (American) movements along with the Catholic CHurch that lobby (also abroad) against any form of family planning, contraceptives and abortion. So.. at the end of the day it are these "Christian" organisations (or should I call them "Chri$t Inc." ?) and the governments and policy makers they influence that are contributing to the population explosion in the third world. A nice example of it's devastating influence would be the Philippines.

uX2Bgc5VKzU

Exactly.

Often contraception is a good way of unsuitable people from not producing too many offspring.
Here we have a problem with teenage bimbos getting knocked up and then being shackled with a kid whilst the boy, unprepared to be a farther at that stage in life does a runner. Are these really the sorts of people who should be reproducing?

I'm against eugenics, it is a very dangerous idea for a start, but allowing the population to regulate itself by allowing for contraception and abortions can only be a good thing.

Basically the people who want to breed and have a lot of kids will (sadly this will be immigrants a lot of the time though :( ) - the people who don't won't.

In some places such as England or the Netherlands it would be good to allow the population to fall to more sensible numbers. It's just becoming ever harder to find enough to go round for everyone - housing, jobs, services, farmland.
Around 30 to 40 million for England would be better.

The Lawspeaker
04-02-2012, 11:14 PM
I think that for the United Kingdom as a whole there should be 45 million people. The in 2010 the number was 62,262,000. For the Netherlands 8.5 million would be crowded enough but we would manage just fine (because of Flevoland). In 2012 the number stood at 16,847,007.

For a country like the Philippines some 30 million (basically back to the early 1970s) would do. The current number ? 95,800,000 !

Just look at this early 1960s travel video and think about the country as it is today:

owCWG4d0KAw

Incal
04-02-2012, 11:59 PM
I don't see why the bleeding hearts always act like this is our problem. If Asia and Africa choose to bonk like rabbits then it has nothing to do with us.

They'll run out of resources and compete with us for them whilst running out of water and farmland too.
Meanwhile Europe and the Americas may actually have more sensible population levels and should in theory fare better.

If Asia and Africa start competing for resources then protectionism would eventually be brought in. If they start grabbing land for resources then we defend ourselves. Hopefully they'd likely attack each other.

This is why I hate it when Americans pester Europe about its falling population. The population is falling in most of Europe but will eventually stabilise when the conditions are right for population growth.
The answer is not to out breed Muslims and Africans, it's to keep them out in the first place and to stop our governments using them as replacements. However even if the population wasn't falling they'd continue to import them anyway since more people means more labour (no matter how bad the labour actually is).

The problem is that if Europe and America keep receiving refugees/immigrants then all those 'rabbits' will overpopulate in there and create total chaos (like it's already happening). Aren't the highest birth rates in those places made up of immigrants?

Albion
04-03-2012, 12:17 AM
I think that for the United Kingdom as a whole there should be 45 million people. The in 2010 the number was 62,262,000. For the Netherlands 8.5 million would be crowded enough but we would manage just fine (because of Flevoland). In 2012 the number stood at 16,847,007.

45 million is what the population of England alone was around the 90s I think. The Celtic nations account for around 10 million-ish people, so the English population needs to be more like 35 million. Still - that is the size of Canada's in a country very much smaller.

One thing though would be managing population decline. It'd be quite expensive having that many pensioners, so we'd have to encourage people to take in their elderly relatives and care for them.
Also we'd probably lose a bit of standing in the world, but that is happening anyway as larger countries progress. We should just aim to be a respectable power in the world.

For a country like the Philippines some 30 million (basically back to the early 1970s) would do. The current number ? 95,800,000 !

:eek: 30 million to 95 million! That's incredible!

The problem is that if Europe and America keep receiving refugees/immigrants then all those 'rabbits' will overpopulate in there and create total chaos (like it's already happening). Aren't the highest birth rates in those places made up of immigrants?

This is why there needs to be tight population controls. Immigrants already here have a lot of kids too but hopefully this can be cut back by limiting the amount of welfare.

The Lawspeaker
04-03-2012, 12:22 AM
This is why there needs to be tight population controls. Immigrants already here have a lot of kids too but hopefully this can be cut back by limiting the amount of welfare.
Limit the amount of welfare for immigrants only. Not for British. The anti-welfarism of the right pretty much disgusts me as they blame everything on the welfare state. There is no welfare state in most of the world. There is no welfare state on the Philippines and that is also a reason why they have so many children so children can look after their parents when they are old.

Albion
04-03-2012, 12:26 AM
Dose anybody know what % are Caucasians of the total world population? I mean Europeans or people of European blood anywhere in the world. Are we around 13% or less?

Well there's no statistics for that sort of thing, but if we say use the statistics for the continents by saying Europe, Oceania and North America are basically white then we can get a rough idea.

List of continents by percentage of world population:

Asia: 60% (India and China alone have 37%)
Africa: 15%
Europe: 11%
Latin America and Caribbean: 9%
North America (Canada and America): 5%
Oceania: 0.5% (the entire population of Oceania is about equal to Canada or would fit in England almost twice).

So we'll have around 20% of the world population if we add Europe, Oceania North America, I'd guess around 19% once you subtract non-whites.

Albion
04-03-2012, 12:28 AM
Limit the amount of welfare for immigrants only. Not for British. The anti-welfarism of the right pretty much disgusts me as they blame everything on the welfare state. There is no welfare state in most of the world. There is no welfare state on the Philippines and that is also a reason why they have so many children so children can look after their parents when they are old.

Yes, I agree. But there do need to be rules and at does need better management. I agree though, it is a scapegoat.

arcticwolf
04-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Well there's no statistics for that sort of thing, but if we say use the statistics for the continents by saying Europe, Oceania and North America are basically white then we can get a rough idea.

List of continents by percentage of world population:

Asia: 60% (India and China alone have 37%)
Africa: 15%
Europe: 11%
Latin America and Caribbean: 9%
North America (Canada and America): 5%
Oceania: 0.5% (the entire population of Oceania is about equal to Canada or would fit in England almost twice).

So we'll have around 20% of the world population if we add Europe, Oceania North America, I'd guess around 19% once you subtract non-whites.

Thank you. That's actually much better than I thought.

Dead Eye
07-15-2012, 06:08 AM
The world isn't technically overcrowded,but we do have too many useless morons on this planet who cannot contribute to the future,especially the third worlders.