PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an Old Czech manuscript

Dalmatinac
01-13-2022, 09:11 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm a researcher from Croatia and currently working on a project dealing with the history of Dubrovnik (Ragusa) and Dalmatia. I collected all the sources that I was looking for, except for an old Czech manuscript (diary of a council). I already found a translation of the diary, but I'd love to have a scan or a simple photographs of the original manuscript which is apparently kept in the library of the St Vitus Cathedral in Prague. I sent emails to several people in charge of those archives but none have responded so far, which is rather strange (I always get replies from the archives alike) - could be that my mails being written in English language somehow end up in spam folders.

Is there anyone here who could help me out with this or has some valuable contacts/ information on how to reach these archives or maybe employed in some institution which has an easier access to this? I would appreciate your help a lot and would be glad to return the favor.

The manuscript in question is the following:

Petrus Zatecensis v. 1431 - Liber diurnus de gestis Bohemorum, Praha, Archiv Prazského Hradu, Knihovna Metropolitní Kapituly, O. XXIX (1613) , ff. 1r-70r

I need only two-three photos of the particular fragment of the manuscript

Thank you very much and best regards from Croatia.

cakmir7y
03-10-2022, 12:35 PM
Hi and dobar dan

here's what I've found, hope you'll be able to contact them.

The Archive of the Prague Castle
III. Courtyard
119 08 Prague 1 - Prague Castle
tel.: +420 224 373 681
fax: +420 224 373 257
e-mail: archivph@hrad.cz